A list of characters introduced in Radiant Mythology 2.
Male Voice Set: Hidehiko Kaneko (JP), Keisuke Komoto (JP), Rie Tozuka (JP), Shuma Hiki (JP), Yukihiro Matsumura (JP), Takahiko Sakaguma (JP), Hiromu Miyazaki (JP), Yoshihiro Kanemitsu (JP), Takahiro Fujimoto (JP), Shunzo Miyazaki (JP)
Female Voice Set: Satomi Sato (JP), Ai Sasaki (JP), Rie Tozuka (JP), Mami Nishikawa (JP), Shiori Mikami (JP), Ryo Agawa (JP), Asaka Ueoka (JP), Saki Yasuda (JP), Mai Todo (JP), Yuka Saito (JP)
The Descender of Grandie landed on the deck of the Van Eltia, right next to Kanonno Earheart and Paneer. With no memories of who they are or where they came from, Kanonno and Chat have them join the Ad Libitum guild. Eventually, Celsius recognizes them and informs the members of the guild that they are the legendary Descender, meant to appear when the world is in danger.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: The living embodiment of the people's hope for their world's salvation.
- Badass Boast: When using their Mystic ArteThis is the power of the Descender!
- Bishōnen: The player can make a male Descender look very handsome, though Paneer will remark on their good looks, regardless of gender.Paneer: My, you are very handsome. Oh, dear, I'm sure the ladies never leave you alone.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Goede's Cain.
- Character Customization: Customization was improved from the previous game, allowing the player to choose from 10 voice options and hairstyles, 20 eyedesigns, 10 mouth designs, and 8 hair- and eye-colors, 7 classes to start as, 4 shades of skincolor, and 5 victory poses. This gives the player a chance to make a much more distinct character than in Radiant Mythology.
- Chick Magnet: If the player uses a male Descender, Paneer will assume they are one.
- The Chosen One: The prophesied Descender to arrive when the world is in danger. However, nobody in the game is aware of this, not even the Descender themselves, until Celsius reveals it.
- Heroic Lineage: Of the legendary Descender, with a previous incarnation of theirs having ended a war.
- Heroic Mime: Retains the silence as the player-controlled protagonist.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: The female Descender forms this bond with Kanonno Earheart.
- Historical Hero Upgrade: A previous incarnation of a Descender was responsible for ending a long war, meaning that Ad Libitum has high hopes for this one.
- Love Interest: The male Descender becomes one for Kanonno Earheart.
- Really Was Born Yesterday: Was born at the beginning of the game, making them technically be a newborn, but having the physical body of a teenager.
Roa Nashion is the Descender protagonist of the non-canon manga adaptation of the game. As he was born very recently, he lacks knowledge of the world and society, often causing him to be quite naive and deadpan about things. After joining Ad Libitum, the crew acknowledged his strength, craftsmanship, and intelligence.
- Bishōnen: Has very pretty features.
- Chick Magnet: Kanonno and Lotta fall in love with him.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Next to his blond hair, Roa is kind to everyone.
- The Hero: Of the manga.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Wields a sword, making his 'class' for the manga Swordsman.
- Nice Guy: Tends to be kind to everyone, including Goede, who has attempted to kill Roa several times.
- Oblivious to Love: Doesn't understand that Lotta has a crush on him. When she invites him out and meant it as a date, he mistook it as work. And he unknowingly accepted her love confession, believing that she meant it as a friend. Garr eventually explained things to him.
- Official Couple: With Kanonno Earheart.
- Sympathy for the Devil: Despite Goede having tried to kill Roa, he still considers Goede someone to reach his hand out to. He even calls Goede his brother.
Voice: Kanae Ito (JP)
Kanonno Earheart is a young girl that aspires to go on adventures, partly to see her parents again, after having been separated from them years ago. She's part of the Ad Libitum guild and saw the World Tree of Granide glow, before the Descender was thrown onto the Van Eltia's deck. As the Descender had no memories of who they were, Kanonno had them join the guild and stick by their side as a partner for support.
Kanonno takes on the role of the main protagonist in Tales of Asteria.
- Action Girl: As part of Ad Libitum, she knows how to fight.
- Amnesiac Hero: Tales of Asteria has her suffer from amnesia.
- Badass Adorable: Like the previous Kanonno, this one can kick enemies around, although she's also a playable character this time around.
- BFS: Her weapon of choice.
- Blue Is Heroic: Wears several shades of blue and represent Summer.
- Breakout Character: The first character from a spin-off game that ended up appearing in an official Tales of poll, became the heroine of a different spin-off game, and hosted the Golden Gumi extra alongside Jade Curtiss and Zelos Wilder.
- Butt-Monkey: The beginning of the Golden Gumi extra has her play this role, as Jade gives Kanonno zero respect when the show starts to run, and gets outright ignored during introductions, despite being one of the hosts.
- The Chick: Justified in Tales of Asteria, as she's much weaker than the other main characters.
- The Chosen One: Tales of Asteria reveals that she's the Descender all along.
- Combat Medic: Has a few healing spells in her arsenal, although she's a more physically-oriented fighter.
- Cool Big Sis: Sees the female Descender as one.
- Cute Bruiser: Despite her petite stature, she hits like a tank.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Paneer didn't tell Kanonno before, but reveals that her parents actually died when her hometown was bombed. Kanonno is devastated to learn this.
- Expy: Said to be one of Amu Hinamori, with whom she shares a voice actress.
- Heroic BSoD: Upon learning of her connection to Pasca Kanonno, and that her parents are actually dead, as well as her own, deteriorating condition, Kanonno begins to break down. It takes the Descender a while to give her the will to go on.
- Heroic RRoD: Gradually runs out of mana over the course of the game, and as she's part-Descender, she needs that to exist. She's in danger of fading away, until the player manages to restore her. Kanonno spends a portion of the game bed-ridden and unplayable because of this.
- Image Song
- I Will Wait for You: Says this to the Descender, with both aware that they need to return to the World Tree after their mission.
- Last-Name Basis: Link and Radiant Mythology 3 has her referred to exclusively as Earheart in dialogue, to differentiate between her and the other two Kanonnos.
- Limit Break: Unchained Note, with bubbles to represent her Summer theme.
- Magical Accessory: Has one in Tales of Asteria.
- Magic Knight: Has a balanced set of physical and magical attacks, though Radiant Mythology 3 focused her more on physical attacks to make her distinct from the other Kanonnos.
- Making a Splash: One of her Mirage Artes in Tales Of The Rays, called Splash Summer.
- Ms. Exposition: Tutors the player on the early stages of working for Ad Libitum, alongside Chat.
- Nice Girl: Sweet to the bone.
- The Nicknamer: Towards the Descender in the manga, as she was the one that chose the name Roa.
- No More Lies: After finding out about her parents' actual fate and Paneer having hidden this from her, Kanonno briefly lashes out at her for keeping the truth from her, before breaking down in tears.
- Official Couple: With the male Descender Roa in the manga adaptation.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents died during the bombing of her hometown.
- Plucky Girl: While she has her moments in the game, and has to be cheered up by the Descender to keep on going, Kanonno is generally still positive about things.
- Reincarnation: Of Pasca Kanonno, meaning this Kanonno is part-Descender born to human parents.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Just like the previous Kanonno, she's a bundle of sweetness.
- Sailor Fuku: Her outfit takes elements of it with the collar.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Never shows any romantic interest in anyone but the male Descender, for whom she develops romantic feelings. It's implied that she was always fascinated by the legend of the Descender, wondering if it was possible to meet one.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Falls in love with the kind and noble male Descender.
- Shipper on Deck: For Sara and the Savior in the June Bride event in Tales of Link.
- Ship Tease: With the male Descender.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Falls in love with the male Descender, but both realize they'll be separated when the world is saved, and the Descender needs to return to sleep within the World Tree. Averted, if the player continues onto the epilogue.
- Walking the Earth: After the plot resolves, Kanonno plans to leave Ad Libitum and travel the world, in search of her parents' graves, and hopes to find the Descender. Averted, again, by the epilogue.
Voiced by: Kenji Nojima (JP)
- "I will crush you, and I will destroy this world!! And then my suffering will end. Now come Descender!! "
The antagonist of Radiant Mythology 2. Goede is a being born from the negative feelings of humans, the opposite of the Descender who is born from people's hope for their world's salvation. He eventually started to resent humans and the world since he view his life has no meaning, blaming them for his suffering. He was actually feeling lonely as he feels he doesn't have a place where he belong and no one would accept him. This caused him to develop jealousy and hatred towards the Descender who was born with a purpose and accepted by people, which explains his obsession to kill the Descender as he believed that it would end his sufferings. Overwhelmed by this feelings, he drove into insanity and decided to destroy the world along with himself.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of humans negative feelings.
- Arch-Enemy: To the Protagonist, who unlike him is accepted by everyone they meet.
- Ax-Crazy: He will destroy anything that stands in his way.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Backstory: Goede is born from the negative feelings of humans. He was only meant to die and revive every time negative feelings were sent to the world tree. During his first arrival he tried to destroy the World Tree, but was stopped by the Descender.
- Big Bad
- Blood Knight: Considering his origin this was to be expected.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to the Protagonist's Abel.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After being defeated by the Protagonist and turned himself into negative energy to harm the World Tree, the Protagonist manages to change Goede's feelings into mana.
- Defiant to the End: After defeating Goede's final form, Goede transforms into negative energy to attack the tree. Becomes a heel face turn afterwards. Check on the trope below for more.
- Evil Counterpart: To the Protagonist.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Once he goes on a rampage, it's hard for him to stop. Usually the Descender is his victim.
- High-Dive Escape: Makes one after the final battle.
- Hope Crusher
- Laughing Mad: Not all the time, granted, but he does have his moments.
- Made of Evil: He's made of negative emotions.
- The Man Behind the Monsters: Of the primary enemies and boss characters. He doesn't care what they're up to though.
- Mismatched Eyes: Has red and golden colored eyes.
- Obviously Evil: He was born from negative emotions from the people of Granide. Of course he's evil.
- Omnicidal Maniac: He drove into insanity and decided to destroy the world along with himself.
- One-Winged Angel: His final boss form.
- The Resenter: To the Protagonist obviously.
- Rotten Rock & Roll: One of his final boss themes.
Voiced by: Katsue Miwa (JP)
- "Welcome home. Come inside, everyone is waiting for you."
Kanonno Earhart's nanny. She'd been taking care of Kanonno aher from the day she was born and has been something of a mother figure to her especially after her parents were killed. She takes care of the chores in the Van Eltia and enjoys reading romance novels.
Unlike Mormo, she does not follow the, Protagonist around, and stays in the Van Eltia. She also handles your storage as well.
- Apron Matron
- Happily Married: The epilogue reveals that she's married to Janis Kern.
- Interspecies Romance: She marries Janis Kern, a human in the epilogue.
- Miles to Go Before I Sleep: Refuses to die, until Kanonno gets married and has Kids of her own.
- Parental Substitute: Kanonno Earhart's. Her appearance even reflects her motherly personality and role.
- Older Than They Look: Justified. She is 18 in human years, but for her race, the Natsu-Natsu that is considered as old.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Paneer, or Panille?
- Team Pet
Voiced by: Mahito Ōba (JP)
- "Until the world becomes a place we are striving for, I will lend you all my power."
A spiritual aggreragtion of wise men in the world of Pasca. Has high science and technology far beyond Granide's common sense. In order to help Pasca's descenders, he transferred the people of Pasca's personality to some equipment, and since his body was not destroyed even after the loss of Pasca, Niata have been traveling many different worlds after that. He has been looking around various worlds and has seen different Van Eltia's containing different Ad Libitum Guilds. He also visited the world of "Terresia" the world from the previous game, and talked with the Descenders of Terresia (the Protagonist of the first game) and the descender of the different world "Yaoon" (Mormo).
- Mr. Exposition
- Side Quest: The only way to meet them in the first game, though because it does not have a physical form, it chooses Raine Sage as a vessel in order to speak with the Protagonist of the first game and Mormo.
- The Ghost: In the first game, he does not appear physically, but instead, the beings known as The Niata, are met during a side quest in the first game.
Voiced by: Moriya Endō (JP)
- "Don't worry, be happy!"
A scientist in Granide, who focuses on studying mana. Being more of a comical relief along with his assistant, Janis uses a mixture of Japanese and English when speaking.
Janis Kern Assistant
Voiced by: Yasuhiro Takato (JP)
- "I can't cancel it!"
An 11 year old boy, who is Janis Assistant. Even though he is very young, he is a nice boy and is very good at science. Because he is younger and has less experience than Janis, he feels that he was entrusted with a big role as being Janis assistant.
Voiced by: Masaharu Satō (JP)
Chief of the guild of a distant country of which is also the group of Nanaly. It appears suspicious because of its unknown nationality. It is irritable, speaks quickly and seems unable to pronounce the double letters.
Voiced by: Yuuta Kasuya (JP)
Just like in the games, she is working as a mercenary aboard the Van Eltia.
- Ascended Extra: From being a optional party member to be recruited in the first and second games, in the Radiant Mythology 2 manga adaptation to where she has an actual role.
- Breakout Character: In the Radiant Mythology games. She was the most popular default mercenary. This is how she got herself a role in the manga adaptation of the 2nd game.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Roa thought her love declaration was just as meaning it as a friend. Damn.