A list of characters introduced in Radiant Mythology 3.
Protagonist (Radiant Mythology 3)
Voice sets provided by: Male - Shunzo Miyasaka, Kenji Akabane, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Minami Tsuda, Chihiro Ishiguro, Takahiro Fujimoto, Daisuke Matsubara, Hiromu Miyazaki, Keiji Hirai, Kohei Fukuhara (Japanese)
Female - Misako Tomioka, Mai Todo, Shiori Mikami, Yuka Saito, Chihiro Ishiguro, Mai Aizawa, Masayoshi Matsunaga, Hiroko Ushida, Yuka Saito, Kumiko Ikebe (Japanese)
The Descender of the world of Luminasia. S/he awakens at the Rhubarb Mountains with no recollection of his/her memories. They are found by Kanonno and upon finding that the Protagonist has amnesia, she decides to take them to the Van Eltia. There they are greeted by Ange Serena, the leader of the guild known as Ad Libitum and allowed the Protagonist to join the guild since they travel around the world and might help regaining his or her memories.
- All-Loving Hero: Being Descenders they have a responsibility to take care of their worlds. They show sympathy even towards Lazaris, as they want to find a way to save both Luminasia and Jildea.
- Amnesiac Hero: They have no idea that, they are the Luminascia's Descender. The only thing they can remember, is their name.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: When using the Fighter or Monk classes, you can remove your gauntlets and use your bare hands to attack.
- Can't Drop the Hero: You can never remove them from the party.
- The Chosen One: S/he is Luminascia's Descender.
- Cool Sword: Along with cameo costumes, you can also get the signature weapons from the other Tales protagonists and use them yourself. Of course they also have their own cool weapons.
- Crash-Into Hello: How s/he returns to Luminascia, if you decide to play the epilogue.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Can be invoked gameplay wise thanks to Radiant Drive. Radiant Drive allows you to combo and use artes without spending any TP. With this you some bosses won't even be able to attack you.
- Deep Sleep: After defeating Lazaris, they return to Luminascia's world tree, in order to recover it. They also take Lazaris' and Jildea's document with it, the former to recover as well and the latter to join with Luminasicia to become one world.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: In the end they manage to persuade Lazaris to change her ways, at the cost of her life however. They take her Document and go back with it to rest with the world tree. At the end it's seen that Jildea and Luminascia are becoming one world. You get the chance to return to Luminascia in the playable epilogue.
- Energy Being: Made from the mana of the World Tree.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Being a Descender, s/he entering Luminascia is whole new experience for them. Again in the epilogue, where they return from the World Tree, though it's not stated how long has passed since the final battle.
- Foil: To Yggdrasill. For him Descenders shouldn't be considered the saviours of the world, since there were multiple occasions where the world was in danger and the Descender was nowhere to be seen. Plus he thinks, Angels are more worthy of the mana and World Tree.
- Friend to All Living Things: Comes with being the Descender.
- Gender Bender: After completing the main story at least once, you'll be allowed to re-customize your character and you can even change gender.
- Go Out with a Smile: After the final battle, when they are giving their goodbyes to Kanonno and Niata, an option will allow you to smile for Kanonno, which ends up with her giving the Protagonist a dialogue stating she will await his/her return.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Like the other protagonists, you can name them whatever you want. In-game while sometimes you'll be referred as "you" or "Descender", though sometimes people will call you by your name.
- Heroic Mime: Short of calling out attacks, most of their dialogue in skits and cut-scenes is player-input.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: When Jildea's fangs stab the world tree and further infect the document of the world tree, due to being the Descender and being literally connected to the world tree, they too are impaled with Jildea's fangs knocking them out and get infected by the red mist. Kanonno is able to heal them afterwards.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Unless you have bad intentions, s/he won't harm you. Besides that they care for everyone especially Lazaris and are never shown to take wrong ways.
- Kid Hero: It's easy to forget they're not even a year old during the main story, specially when they look to be around Kanonno's age.
- Messianic Archetype: Part of being the Descender. Destined to save their world in it's time of need, and have god-like powers, due to their connection of the World Tree. They are also willing to help anyone in need.
- No Name Given: Except in the non-canon manga adaptation, where the protagonist is given the name "Aldi".
- Only Mostly Dead: When Jildia's fangs stab through the World Tree, the Descender also takes the damage to the point of nearly dying and almost changes into a creature similar to the ones that Lazaris makes.
- Protagonist Without a Past: Justified, as he/she does not have one, because they were just born.
- Saving the World: The reason why they are born is to save their world.
- Silly Reason for War: They certainly don't agree with Lazaris goals but, all they want is to prevent any harm to come to Luminasia and Jildea as they want to live together with lazaris.
- Shirtless Scene: Wearing a swimsuit, the male Protagonist, will only wear shorts.
- Super Mode: Radiant Drive.
- Sympathy for the Devil: When the Servants of the Dawn find the truth about Lazaris identity, they ask them to still show sympathy to her.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: This can be invoked, with the amount of costumes available to you. There are too many, from costumes, from the series protagonists(not all of them), to shout out to other franchises or games in the series. Then there's Suits, swimsuits, Christmas costumes, to just outrightfunny ones. The above are but a few of the available costumes.
- Vague Age: While s/he looks like a teenage boy/girl, but given they are born looking the way they do, it's really not clear how old they actually are.
- Gender: MaleClass: Warrior; Swordsman; Fighter; Bishop; Magic Knight;Weapon of Choice: Axe
The manga counterpart of the third game's Protagonist. Aldi is cheerful and easy-going, not minding his lack of memories due to a perceived amnesia. He sometimes gets excited easily, much to the shock of the other guild members. Because of his lack of knowledge, he is somewhat naive, dense, and clumsy at the times, coupled with his straightforwardness and bluntness. Nevertheless, he is a kind and determined individual and owes his loyalty to the friends he wishes to protect.
Voiced by: Aya Hirano (JP)
- "Don't carry it all by yourself. Everyone's here. I'm... we're all with you."
A kind and cheerful 15 year-old girl who is an active member of Ad Libitum. Both of her parents were doctors enlisted by her country's military, and both died in the war. With her home gone, she was raised by one of her family's butlers, Rocks, who traveled around the world. She witnessed the beginning of Ad Libitum in one village, and enlisted as a member ever since.
She has a sketchbook containing a scenery which no one has ever seen before which she has been searching for. She finds the Protagonist while on a quest, and because they don't remember anything besides their name, Kanonno takes them to the Van Eltia, where they join the Guild Ad Libitum and she introduces them to the rest of the guild.
- Abandoned War Child: Her parents died in war when she was younger leaving her in the care of Rocks.
- Action Girl: She can hold her own in the battlefield.
- Adorkable: Her warm and kind personality constrasts rather adorably with her shyness.
- All-Loving Heroine: Just like the Protagonist, she tries to save both Jildea and Luminasia, kind to others, she goes through a lot to ensure a happy future for Luminascia, even showing compassion for Lazaris who doesn't retrieve those feelings.
- Back for the Finale: Like the second game, you'll have the option to bring Kanonno for the final battle. If you decide to take her along, you'll get extra dialogue from her during boss fights and, before and after the final boss.
- Badass Adorable: Can cleave through armies of monsters like a hot blade through butter, but is still a kind hearted and shy young lady who you can't help but want to give a big hug.
- Birds of a Feather: With the Protagonist. Has the same ideals as the Protagonist and they are always supporting each other whenever the other needs some help.
- Cry Cute: A skit in the Epilogue, has Kanonno thinking about what the Protagonist means to her, and that she doesn't want them to go back to the world tree, despite the chance's of happening are high, due to them being the Descender. When the thought of not being together with the Protagonist goes to her mind she starts crying, though she calms down a bit once she hugs the Protagonist.
- Cry into Chest: During a skit Involving her and the Protagonist. See the trope Cry Cute for more details.
- Cute Bruiser: Despite her small size and being very young, she actually hits pretty hard in combat if you level her up high enough.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: In the end, Luminascia is saved from destruction and Jildea has become part of Luminascia making them both one world. The only thing left for her is the return of the Protagonist. Whether he or she returns and are reunited with Kanonno or are never seen again to Kanonno's dismay is up to the player.
- Friend to All Living Things: Similar case like the Protagonist.
- The Glomp: She gives a hug to the Protagonist in a skit during the Epilogue.
- Hair Decorations
- Hero of Another Story: She's the focus of the manga, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Hajimari no Kiseki, taking place before the main story's events. It shows the advent of Ad Libitum and background of it's members.
- I Am Who?: Her meeting with the Original Kanonno, reveals her origins. She is a manifestation of the Original Kanonno born in this world and her encounter with the Protagonist was not coincidence. This is the reason why she can draw locations she has not seen before. Like Earhart, she was born from human parents.
- The Idealist: Always believes in the goodness in everyone, that everyone should cooperate to protect Luminasia's future, and that everyone should be able to build their own future and Luminasia's future. Like the Protagonist she also wants to find a way for both Luminascia and Jildea to live together, with Lazaris.
- Image Song: Her voice actor, sings a remixed version of With You, the game's opening theme song. You can listen to it here.
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: Keeping the trend with the Kanonno's. This time however it is explained why they look similar. The Kanonnos are manifestation of the original Kanonno in various worlds. Grassvalley however is not a reincarnation of Pasca or Earhart, she comes straight of the original. She is the only Kanonno who is not full or half descender, she is just a normal human born to human parents.
- I Will Wait for You: Towards the Protagonist, when they take Jildea's documents to heal in Luminasia's world tree."We will meet again... I'll definitely, absolutely, absolutely, absolutely... I'll always wait for you!"
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Among the three Kanonnos, she's the most balanced.
- Limit Break: Unchained Note.
- Luminescent Blush: It's seen a lot throughout the story. Depending on some choices you make during. One example on, is when she asks you to go with her to see Celsius. It's literally adorable.
- Magic Knight: And it's also her class in the game.
- Meet Cute: The first time her and the protagonist meet, is when she is on a mission and finds a light, which she decides to follow. When she finds the protagonist, they come down to her arms as as she gets ready to embrace them.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She's a young 15 year old girl, that fights with a greatsword almost as tall as herself.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: She undergoes through an experiment where Harold transfers the [[Protagonist's Descender abilities to Kanonno. The experiment is a success and later on during a mission with Shirley, the Protagonist prompts Kanonno to purify a person who had been crystallized. She uses it again when the Protagonist is infected with the red mist.
- Nice Girl: She's sweet, calm and also very shy.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: In Link she is simply refers as Grassvalley just not to be confuses with her 'sisters'.
- The Quest: One of her goals is to discover, the reason why she can draw locations she has not seen before.
- Red Is Heroic: She wears a lot of red, but it's taken up to eleven, since her outfit is based on Autumn.
- The Red Mage: Alongside the wide variety of physical attacks, she is also able to heal, cast long range magical attacks to one enemy as well as deal massive damage to multiple enemies.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Much like her predecessors.
- Secret Legacy: Unlike Earhart who is a reincarnation of Ppasca and inherited similar traits as a Descender, Grassvalley inherited factors straight from the Original Kanonno, therefore she has no connection to Pasca or Earhart besides their appearance.
- Ship Tease: With the Protagonist. The two have many scenes together showing how close they are, amongst other hints. An example is during a skit in the playable epilogue shows that she wants to be with the Protagonist forever and even though she knows the Protagonist will have to go back to the world tree, the time she spent together and being there with her now is good enough for her. She starts crying when thinking about not being able to be with the Protagonist and ask them to if she could hug them. The Protagonist of course can reply by giving her a hug as well.
- Tears of Joy: When the Protagonist wakes up from a near death experience after being stabbed by Jildea's fangs.
Voiced by: Satomi Sato (JP)
A woman who has the same powers as the Protagonist and has a plan to rebuild Luminascia into her own world. Due to her influence she is able to crystallize monsters and people alike. Unlinke the other antagonists in Radiant Mythology, she is very emotional, because of what happened to her world and can't accept humans from Luminascia and the world itself. Due to her powers as a Descender, she was mistaken by the people of Luminasia as their Descender although she used that to her advantage, in order to accomplish her goal.
She is actually the Descender of a world called Jildea. After the Protagonist finds her identity as the Descender of Jildea, she gains compassion towards the Protagonist, as they are both Descenders and s/he is the only one who could understand her pain.She is also given a major role in the 4th chapter of Tales of Asteria.
- 100% Adoration Rating: When leading the Servants of the Dawn, because they mistook her as the Descender of Luminascia. They are then told the truth about who she really is.
- Absolute Xenophobe: Yeah... She won't accept help from anyone and she won't rest until she fulfills her goal.
- Accuser of the Brethren
- Alas, Poor Villain: After the final battle, she talks on how she won't be able to see her citizens and her world.
- And I Must Scream: When Jildea's document takes over her body and transforms into Chaos L Lazaris. The world she was trying to protect only to treat her like this...
- The Antichrist: She just wants Jildea to be born. She even took advantage that the people of Luminasia confused her as the Descender of Luminasia, and a cult was created where she used them for her advantage.
- Apocalypse Maiden: Her goal is to reform Luminascia into her world Jildea. Jildea's star crystal was consumed by Luminascia to create it's humanity.
- Arc Villain: In the 4th chapter for Tales of Asteria.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: In the end she is taken to Luminascia's World Tree by the Protagonist, who goes along with her in order to recover the World Tree. .While she does not return, the ending cutscenes show Jildea being born in Luminasia. Epilogue skits, show that Kanonno would have liked for Lazaris to see the new world.
- The Assimilator: Wants the Protagonist to join her. They refuse the offer.
- Bad Boss: With the Servants of the Dawn. I mean, look what happened with Joan and Miguel.
- Beta Test Baddie: Her goal to reform Luminasia into her world Jildea, comes from the fact that Luminasia's World Tree grasped the crystal star Jildia in orbit and use it to propagate life on the planet. Seeing as how Lazaris' crystallization and physical appearance looks corrupted compared to Langriz, it's safe to assume her plans involve a new genesis to bring about what Jildia would have become had its Document not been written/incorporated into Luminascea's.
- Big Bad
- Body Horror: As Chaos Lazaris.
- Boss Remix: Her Chaos Lazaris battle theme is a remix of her previous battle theme, "World Rules".
- Breakout Villain: In comparison with the other Radiant Mythology villains, she has the most appearances in Tales of media, was the only one playable in Tales of Link and has a major role in the 3rd and 4th chapters in Tales of Asteria.
- The Corrupter: She has the ability to crystallize anything. Some monsters are shown to be in a crystal-like form. It's worse on humans as once they start crystallizing they will slowly turn into crystal monsters.
- Create Your Own Villain: In a way. It was because Luminasia denied, Jildia the chance of being born and since Lazaris is Jildia's descender........ Well, you know how it goes.
- Dark Messiah: Like the Protagonist, she is a Descender, however since she's not in her World and considering it's history, she will go to the extreme to fulfill her mission.
- Dueling Messiahs: To the protagonist. While one is trying to ensure safety for both world to live together and helping the worl, another influences them into believing that Luminascia will be saved, when her true goal is to create her world Jildea.
- Dying as Yourself: After being defeated, she regrets not being able to see Jildea and her people.
- Eldritch Abomination: Her final boss form, Chaos Lazaris, being corrupted by Jildea's document.
- Evil Reactionary: She just want her world to be born.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Well, she looks innocent and doesn't seem to have any bad intentions, but she will go to extreme lengths to accomplish her goal, showing minor cases of doing crazy things if needed to.
- Final Boss: As Chaos Lazaris, due to being taken over Jildea's Document.
- Humans Are Bastards: One of the reasons why she thinks what happened to Jildea. It's also because of the population of Luminascia's constant fighting over Hostia that her world was sealed by the energy humans are currently fighting over, called Hostia.
- It's All About Me: She doesn't care about anyone at all, even after showing compassion towards the Protagonist for both being Descenders. After refusing to join her, she sees everything as a means to make Jildea reborn.
- Lack of Empathy: Lazaris has zero empathy for anyone and cruelly uses anyone for her own ends.
- Messianic Archetype: She was mistaken as the descender because she has the ability to alter documents(though she does it unconsciously at first) that makes the impossible possible, like curing incurable diseases(she also uses this to turn things into crystals/monsters), which became a rumor that spreads throughout the cities. While she is a villain to the Protagonist she is still a descender.
- Mistaken Identity: Was mistaken as Luminasia's descender.
- Monster Progenitor: She is the one who gave rise to all of the crystallized monsters. She also has the ability to corrupt existing humans into crystal monsters to serve as her minions.
- Multicolored Hair: Most of her hair is white, but also has shades of grey, purple and pink.
- One-Winged Angel: Her final boss form Chaos Lazaris.
- Painful Transformation: Goes through this when Jildia's documents take over her and she transforms into Chaos Lazaris.
- It's Personal: Lazaris is part of the world(Gildia/Jildia) that was suppose to be born rather than Luminasia. She/her world was sealed by the energy humans are currently fighting over. However she started to take shape, which she wasn't suppose to but because humans used up a lot of the energy which end up weakening the seal. Lazaris's main aim is to reform Luminasia into her "ideal" world. Lazaris was meant to be "sealed", she was not meant to be alive. That's why the only way for Lazaris is to take over the world so that she can continue to live. She is a Descended after all she's just doing her job.
- Person of Mass Destruction: She could easily wipe entire countries. Hell she even managed to start reforming Luminasia into her world Jildea. She doesn't succeed though, thanks to Ad Libitum.
- Pragmatic Villain: Takes advantage that the servants of the dawn mistook her as luminasias descender, to start reforming luminasia to jildea.
- Pyrrhic Victory:Unfortunately, Jildea's document corrupted her and after being defeated she turns into a document. The Protagonist proceeds to return to the World tree along with her document. And while she does not return, the ending cutscenes, show Jildea being born in luminasia.
- Redemption Equals Death: By the time she demonstrates regret of her actions, it becomes too late for her.
- Rose-Haired Girl: Has pink hair, but being a villain, doesn't have the traits often associated with this trope.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: This is her whole motivation throughout the story, to be able to make Jildia be born as a world.
- Stalker with a Crush: A non-romantic one. Since the Protagonist refused her offer to join her, she thinks that once she controls the World, the Protagonist will side with her and she won't feel alone anymore.
- That One Attack: Everyone has seen the pain that, Melt of Worlwide Creation(her Mystic Arte) can cuase. She uses it when her HP falls down to less than 25%. Better stock up on some life bottles.
- Villainesses Want Heroes: Look at Stalker with a crush for explanation.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Only a portion of her hair is white. However she is till evil, she's definitely powerful and manipulative(minor case), though when you consider her position...
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: It's also her goal to replace Luminasia with Jildea.
- You Will Be Spared: The protagonist is the only person, she will not try to harm if possible. She couldn't care less of anyone else.
Servants of the DawnThe Servants of the Dawn are members of a cult of sorts that have been awaiting the arrival of the Descender as a type of religious figure. Unknowingly they are serving the wrong Descender. Doesn't go well for them. They worship Lazaris to make a better future of Luminasia, but Lazaris has some other things she'll reformat Luminisia to Gildia, her own world. Turning people into crystal slaves is just a start, but the player senses that he can help them and purify them. (Jade and Ange's story mission)
- Apocalypse Cult: Inverted. They worshiping Lazaris believing she will save the world from destruction. However she's not Luminascia's Descender and her goal to is exactly this.
- The Atoner: Two members of the cult are purified by the Protagonist, after finding out s/he is the real Descender of Luminascia and that they were serving the wrong one. They thanks the Protagonist for helping them and promise to help in building a better for future for Luminascia discarding their wrong ways from the past
- Second Coming: They are waiting for the arrival of the Descender.
- Unwitting Pawn: The members have no idea about Lazaris' plans and just follow her with whatever order she gives.
- Villain with Good Publicity: They believe and are believed, to work for Luminascia's Descender, so they are thought to be good people. It was only after Ad Libitum finds out that the Protagonist is Luminascia's real Descender and they reveal it to the Servants of the Dawn that everything changes. It helps that they undergo a HeelFace Turn after they find Lazaris identity.
Voiced by: Hiroki Aiba (JP)
- "Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Rocksprings, but you can call me Rocks."
His full name is Rock Springs. A Natsu-Natsu, who lived with Kanonno and her Parents and was also their butler, before the events of the main game. After Kanonno lost her parents in war, he raised her and taught her how to use a sword.
- Friendly Address Privileges: Tells everyone he meets to call him Rocks.
- Parental Substitute: After Kanonno's parents died in war, he was the one who raised her. According to him he wanted her to become a responsible lady.
- Supreme Chef: He is regarded as an excelent chef by everyone. It's even lampshaded by Kanonno and the Protagonist can also do it a few times by dialogue, whenever Rocks cooks.
- Team Chef: Along with Claire, Lilith and Mimi he is responsible for the cooking in the Van Eltia. You'll see him cook quite a bit throughout the main story.
- Team Pet
Voiced by: Mahito Oba (JP)
- "That's right, without creation no sin is born, but joy is not born either."
Voiced by: Mami Kingetsu (JP)
- The Chooser of The One: Subverted, as she is not the one who creates the Descender. However she is responsible on making sure that the Kanonno's of certain worlds meet the Descender of that world. According to her each world needs a Descender and a Kanonno. She helps Descender of each worlds by having them meet the Kanonno from that world.
- God/The Maker: Responsilbe in creating every single world in the Radiant Mythology multiverse.
- Me's a Crowd: She manifests herself into different worlds of her choosing. Most of the time that version, is the Descender, as seen with Pasca Kanonno, while other versions are regular humans born from human parents like Kanonno Grassvalley.
- The Omniscient
- The Reveal: Her appearance in the game finally revealed the secret of the Kanonno's in the Radiant Mythology series. She is in charge of observing the multiverse by manifesting herself into different versions of herself to various worlds. This explained why Earhart understands ancient text and why Grassvalley can draw locations she has never seen before. This explains the reason why 3 characters have the same name and similar appearances.