A list of characters introduced in Radiant Mythology.
Male Voice Set: Kouta Nemoto (JP), Kohei Fukuhara (JP), Hidehiko Kaneko (JP)/ EN Voices Unknown
Female Voice Set: Miki Machii (JP), Mari Yoshikura (JP), Miyuki Kawasho (JP)/EN Voices Unknown
The Descender of Terresia was born of its World Tree's final hope, tasking them with saving the world. They awaken at the base of Terresia's World Tree, where Mormo awaited them and offers to guide them through the world, explaining their duty as Descender. They join Ad Libitum and go on a journey with Mormo and Kanonno, forming a trusting partnership.
- Character Customization: The player can alter the Descender's appearance somewhat. Outside of playing as a male or female character, there's a choice of six different hairstyles and haircolors, four shades of skincolor, and three voices the player can pick. And the player can choose between four classes to begin with, with more to unlock by playing the game.
- Covert Pervert: When not busy saving Terresia, the player has dialogue options that have the Descender choose to outright flirt with some female characters or making comments on them to other people.
- The Chosen One: The Descender born to protect their world.
- Dialogue Tree: How they interact in scenes and skits.
- The Fellowship Has Ended: The ending has them part ways with Kanonno and Mormo, who now have the seeds of their worlds and need to return to restore them. The Descender themselves has to return to Terresia's World Tree, too.
- Fighting Your Friend: Unwillingly fights Kanonno during the final portion of the game.
- The Gadfly: Several dialogue options allow the Descender to come across as this. Particularly when Senel keeps focusing on wanting to find Shirley, not caring that the world is in danger.Descender: Then be reunited in the afterlife.
- Implied Love Interest: With Kanonno, regardless of gender because of text limitations.
- Power Strain Black Out: Destroying Gilgulim nodes and lack of mana in Terresia causes the Descender to faint, though they end up getting strong enough to not pass out later on.
Voice: Haruka Kudo (JP), Lara Cody (EN)
Kanonno is an amnesiac girl that was found and taken in by Chester Barklight some time ago. She joined Ad Libitum to help people, and hopefully find some clues as to her past. The Descender saves her from soldiers that attempted to apprehend her, and the two become good friends.
- A-Cup Angst: Downplayed, with a skit showing that she is worried about her chest being small. Arche doesn't help her very much.Arche has passed on the title of 'Ironing Board' to Kanonno. Too bad Kanonno doesn't understand its meaning, and instead is just happy to get a new title.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Works for Ad Libitum after losing her memories. Regaining her memories, she learns that she's part of Widdershin's group, and planned to have Terresia's World Tree eaten by Gilgulim. However, she chooses to stick with Ad Libitum.
- Amnesiac Hero: Has lost all her memories.
- Action Girl: As part of Ad Libitum, this is a given. She has fought monsters off-screen while performing her own missions for the guild. She proves her prowess when the Descender has to fight her near the end of the game.
- Braids of Action: Has two braids and can kick ass like nobody's business.
- Damsel in Distress: Gets caught by Ganser, who believes her to be a spy. The Descender saves her.
- Dark and Troubled Past: During the Gavada chapter, she regains her memories. She was a Descender for the world of Pasca. However, when the people began to fight each other and the world's mana began to fade, Kanonno became desperate to save her world and wiped the humans out of existence, leaving her to be the only one left. Regretting her actions, Widdershin found her and promised her that Pasca would be reborn as part of Gilgulim if she joined him, and she allowed Gilgulim to absorb Pasca. While helping Widdershin and Aurora to weaken and absorb more worlds into Gilgulim, Kanonno went after Terresia's World Tree. The World Tree proved too strong, and sent Kanonno away, resulting in her amnesia.
- Deuteragonist: Her search for her memories is a major subplot.
- Hair Decorations: A black hairband with an attached flower.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The cover shows her with a Greatsword. Uses one when fighting the Descender.
- Last of Her Kind: She wiped out her world's civilization.
- Magic Knight: Among the three Kanonnos, she's mostly focused on magic.
- Mystical Waif: Invoked, as she doesn't know who she is or where she comes from. She joins the Descender heading further around Terresia in hopes of regaining her memories.
- Nice Girl: Very sweet, energetic, and easy-going.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Link and Radiant Mythology 3 refers to her exclusively as Pasca to differentiate between her and the other two Kanonnos. In-Battle, she's abbreviated into P.Kanonno.
- Promoted to Playable: Became a recruitable character in the post-game of Radiant Mythology 3.
- Proper Tights With Skirt: Wears black tights under her dress.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Has pink hair and a very sweet nature.
- Sad Battle Music: Sad Memory which plays exclusively for her one boss battle.
- Ship Tease: Gets a lot with the Descender, regardless of their gender. Several people comment on how lucky they are to have each other, and often tell the Descender to look after and take care of Kanonno. Near the end of the game, she realizes that she wants to be with the Descender and, in the ending, refers to the Pasca world seed she holds, and noting that it has the scent of Terresia and the other worlds in it, as her and the Descender's child.
Voice: Daisuke Sakaguchi (JP), Steve Staley (EN)
Mormo is a Descender of the world of Yaoon. When the Devourer came, he was unable to protect his world, and Yaoon was consumed. Mormo followed the Devourer until it reached Terresia, and he headed off to the World Tree and saw Terresia's Descender being born. He promises to stick by the Descender and serve as a guide on what their duty as the Descender are.
He joins Ad Libitum alongside the Descender, although he doesn't actually fight himself. He forges a strong friendship with the Descender and Kannono. Mormo hopes that, with the Descender's help, he can save Yaoon while saving Terresia as well.
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls the Descender his 'Partner'.
- Bonus Boss: Radiant Mythology 3 has him be one in the Arena.
- Exposition Fairy: Guides the Descender and serves as a mouth piece for them, talking in most cutscenes, and explaining to them about the world and duties they have to fulfill.
- My Greatest Failure: His inability to prevent the Devourer from consuming Yaoon.
- Team Pet: For the first game, setting characters that appear to be the same species as Mormo into later games.
Voice: Bin Shimada (JP), Patrick Seitz (EN)
He already absorbed several worlds, including that of Yaoon, and recruited Aurora and Pasca Kanonno to support his cause. He reached the world of Terresia, but its World Tree proved too strong, and he had to come up with another plan. Widdershin planted nodes of Gilgulim into various parts of Terresia, to slowly weaken the World Tree before attempting to absorb it.
- Anti-Villain: Using his powers as a Descender, he turned Gilgulim into a seed and went off to feed it with other worlds, instilling it with more mana. His goal was to create one fused world that would live eternally.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist.
- Final Boss: He's the last boss fought in the game.
- Foil: To the Descender. Both are Descenders tasked with keeping their world safe, but Widdershin chose to revert his world into nothing but a seed and went on to destroy other worlds. The Descender chooses to save not only Terresia, but also any world that has been consumed by Gilgulim.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Has long, white hair.
- Orcus on His Throne: While he's the one planning to weaken the World Tree through the Gilgulim nodes, he mostly lets his minions do the dirty work. Widdershin appears and taunts the Descender, and only becomes active when the final section of the game begins.
- Power Floats: Floats all over the battlefield when fought.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: As long as his new world is eternal, he doesn't care what has to be done.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Has no love for anyone, and only cares about his world and his goal.
- You Have Failed Me: Ganser gets killed by him, after failing him.
Voice: Yuko Nagashima (JP), Unkown (EN)
Aurora is another Descender, albeit from an unnamed world that has already been devoured by Gilgulim. He world suffered a fate similar to Gilgulim's, and when Widdershin arrived, Aurora gladly gave her world over to his.
After reaching Terresia with Widdershin, Aurora stays in the town of Gavada and gains the trust of the townspeople, while she has a Gilgulim node planted deep within the forest that's slowly draining the land of mana.
- Bad Boss: Except for Widdershin, she looks down on everyone.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Reveals her past just before she's fought. The people of her world were constantly fighting over more mana, which ended up weakening the World Tree. Aurora did her best to keep the World Tree alive and the people safe, but when they realized there wasn't much mana left to take from the World Tree, the people abandoned the place and left her behind. Rejected and angry, Aurora was found by Widdershin. Believing his ideals of merging all worlds into one, she offered her world before following him.
- Defiant to the End: Goes down still believing in Widdershin's goal.
- Foil: To Kanonno, actually. Both are Descenders of worlds that had its people constantly at wars. While Aurora was abandoned by her people and left behind, Kanonno killed the humans of her world, being the last left. They both followed Widdershin, but Kanonno learned to love the people of Terresia and chose to stand against him, while Aurora remains loyal.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: Has an annoying tendency to teleport across the battlefield when fought.
- Macabre Moth Motif: Has a moth and butterfly theme to her design, and uses butterflies to attack.
- Obvious Judas: Discussed and inverted by her, as she tells Kanonno that she knew they'd betray Widdershin eventually.
- Psychic Powers: Uses teleportation in her battle.
- Undying Loyalty: To Widdershin.
Voice: Naoki Tatsuta (JP), Unknown (EN)
Ganser used to be a sickly, old man that was incapable of doing anything, and is therefore the only non-Descender antagonist. He made a deal with Widdershin and gained tremendous power, which eventually brought Ailily under his control.
Ganser takes large taxes from the citizens of Ailily, and imprisons those that cannot pay. The Ad Libitum guild was formed as a way to counter him, intending to free the city. Ganser began to become suspicious of the guild, and was looking for spies among his own people. He finds Kanonno and takes her hostage, intending to sacrifice her to the Gilgulim node found in the Orphic Maze.
- Arc Villain: For the beginning Ailily section.
- Back from the Dead: Gets resurrected by Widdershin in the final dungeon, seen as one final grace to make up for his previous mistakes. He gets defeated again.
- Deal with the Devil: Made one with Widdershin, gaining power.
- Evil Old Folks: The physically oldest, human antagonist.
- Flunky Boss: Always battled alongside two minions. The first battle has two Great Knight enemies on his side, the second battle two Geopsitis.
- Killed Off for Real: By Widdershin, when he gets defeated in the final dungeon.
- Taking Over the Town: Took over Ailily and taxing people large amounts of Gald, while having a Gilgulim node absorbing mana from Terresia.