Characters: Heaven's Lost Property
aka: Sora No Otoshimono
Character sheet for Heaven's Lost Property.
open/close all folders
Mundane human beings living in the town of Sorami, somewhere in Japan. They are blissfully unaware of the presence of Synapse hanging over their heads (save for one guy)... until the Angeloids made their presence known.
The local pervert and (therefore) all-around Unlucky Everydude. Lived alone in his home in Sorami Town until the Angeloids showed up.
- Accidental Pervert: Usually averted. But played straight when walking into Mikako's private hot springs was not something Tomoki meant to do, despite his general perversion.
- Affectionate Nickname: Sohara calls him Tomo-chan.
- All-Loving Hero: While a pervert and having many, many flaws both in character and belief, Tomoki is the most loving, caring, compassionate being in the entire Verse and ready to put his life on the line for his friends and those in need without a second thought.
- Apathy Killed the Cat: Has absolutely no interest in where the Angeloids come from and how they and their powers work. This gets him impaled on Chaos' wings.
- Asleep in Class
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Tomoko, who intentionally invokes Moe.
- Butt Monkey: He usually gets smacked around as result of his perverted antics or ends up getting injured or abused in some other way.
- Buxom Is Better: A devout fan of big breasts. This causes considerable A-Cup Angst in Nymph.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Tomoki acts perverted towards every female he came across, be it human or Angeloid, except Ikaros. At one point, this is lampshaded when he was asked about it and he couldn't figure out why himself either.
- Catch Phrase:
- Chick Magnet: Is there ANY Angeloid that hasn't some feelings for him, be they romantical or familiar?
- Chivalrous Pervert: Tomoki is a pervert of such high caliber that his perverted antics, though Played for Laughs, sometimes cross into sexual assault. He is also a true friend who would do anything and sacrifice everything for the people he cares about. He would do only marginally less for perfect strangers who he's just met.
- Here's an interesting example, when he and Sohara were "stranded" on an island for months, they were relatively happy with each other, despite the threat of being there forever. Tomoki even curbed his perversion completely just to take care of her! When the opportunity arose to take things... further, he was actually hesitant. Seriously, he accidentally touched her breasts and everything and he was nervous (no chibi mode in sight, either!). He may be the town's biggest pervert and loathed and hated by every single girl outside his harem because of it, but when it's time to be serious about affection and intimacy, he's serious.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Doesn't matter if an Angeloid can kill a human just as easy as snapping a twig. If saving a friend means putting himself in danger, he'll do it. Astrea even lampshades this by saying that's why he can't learn about Chaos. If he did, he'd put himself in a dangerous situation again. Could also count as his Fatal Flaw, as that's what gets him killed in Chapter 71.
- Conveniently Seated: He sits in the ever-popular window seat in class.
- Determinator: It doesn't matter if it's a perverted cause or a heroic one, Tomoki will see it through.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?:
- He manages to punch out the Master of Synapse. And it was awesome.
- Let's not forget the time he beat Ikaros in a fair fight with his great Thunder Wang!
- The Fake Cutie: As Tomoko, (s)he deliberately acts as Moe as possible.
- How Dare You Die on Me!: In the final chapter, he repeatedly orders and begs Ikaros to turn back and stay with him as she dies due to getting too close to Synapse without permission.
- Idiot Hair: Has a stray strand atop of his head.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He was enjoying his peacefully dull existence just fine until all this happened. Now the poor perv can't go one day without some brand of insanity.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Not only does he get hit by megaton karate chops (one time being held up against an electrical fence), but also beam weapons to the crotch, being launched through roofs, crushed by several face-palms of doom, squashed by giant fly-swatters, dragged into the open air at Mach 17, and his most notable achievement, getting hit point-blank with a beam cannon that's able to annihilate planets. There is nothing that can kill this guy.
- A Lesson In Defeat: In the anime, at least; after an attempt for Skinship Grope on Astraea fails, Tomoko is never used (directly) for Tomoki's peeping again. The only times she appears after that are (a) to get around Tomoki's refusal to participate in the "Yo-Yo Fishing" competition, (b) to install the "Tomoki Peeping System" pipes in female-only areas, and (c) as a test-run for the Quantum Converter in the last episode before converting to pool water. note
- Like Parent, Like Spouse: Sohara is very similar to his father. They keep their respective Sakurai in line with karate chops. He even ships Sohara and Tomoki together because of it.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: He decorated his entire house with his childhood friend's panties and turned himself into a girl in order to get into the girl's baths and grope them... among many other perversions that are entirely Played for Laughs. Yet, he is always forgiven and still has girls falling for him left, right and center.
- Morality Chain: Technically is one for all the Angeloids, but especially Chaos, who would obliterate the world were it not for her desire to be cared and loved by him.
- Mr. Vice Guy
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Nice job doing your comedic routine of buzzing off Angeloids within earshot of Chaos.
- Ordinary High-School Student: He is just a completely normal high-school student who loves his ordinary life, but one day he becomes the master of an Angeloid who fell from the sky and his normal life seems to come to an end.
- Panty Thief: He frequently steals women's underwear. Sometimes he even wears stolen panties as a mask!
- Power Perversion Potential: Tomoki takes it to the extreme by having Ikaros stop time while he gallivants around the city, stripping down high school girls all around. He actually shrinks himself and sticks himself in the cleavage of another girl. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
- Raging StiffieStiffie: "You called?"Tomoki: "No I didn't!"
- Robosexual: He feels attracted to Angeloids which are basically angelic robots, mainly Ikaros and Nymph.
- Shared Family Quirks: His perverted character traits come from his mother.
- Spanner in the Works: The Master of the Synapse is prone to just laugh off the Angeloids' attempts to fight off his latest invasion troops. As soon as Tomoki shows up, however, he always flies into uncontrollable rage. Justified, since Tomoki seems to be an emotional powerhouse for his Amazon Brigade.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Towards his MOTHER! She even looks exactly like Tomoko!
- Supporting Protagonist: Although Tomoki is the center of the harem, and it's hinted at that he's The Chosen One, the drama is largely surrounded the Angeloids, and the one who's actually trying to solve the mystery of Synapse is Sugata.
- Unlucky Everydude
- Unstoppable Rage:
- Tomoki's response to the Harpies being blown up because they went against their master's orders is... just see it for yourself.◊
- And when Ikaros died, his reaction was even worse.
- Unwanted Harem: Consisting of most of the Angeloids who stay on earth, plus Mitsuki. Good thing, too; no other girls want anything to do with a perv like him, and he knows it.
Tomoki's childhood friend who packs a mean karate chop.
Voiced by: Mina (JP), Trina Nishimura (EN)
- Artificial Human: She is actually a replica of Daedalus. Daedalus is the original Sohara who died from illness and she created Sohara so she could watch over Tomoki in her place.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She fell in love with Tomoki because he was the only one to come to her birthday party when she was a child.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Ikaros' Betty.
- Boobs of Steel: She has the biggest breasts in the series (except possibly Astraea, who is said to rival her) and is the strongest human female yet shown (as proven in the "sumo" tournament).
- Butt Monkey: The series prime example of Slapstick Knows No Gender.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Tomoki.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She doesn't seem too fond of Tomoki showing interest in other girls.
- Covert Pervert: If the first episode of Forte didn't show it. Her dreams may sometimes involve her and Tomoki being together in many different provocative situations, such as being in the bath together.
- Gag Boobs: One chapter implies that they are the largest in town and still getting larger.
- Girl Next Door: Lives next door from Tomoki and has been his close and reliable friend since childhood.
- Going Commando: Because of Tomoki's perverted antics, Sohara has to go around without panties for a whole episode/chapter against her will. She's unable to wear any underwear... anything whatsoever in fact... and if she tries it flies away. Literally.
- Goofy Print Underwear: She wears panties with very childish prints that Tomoki thinks only an elementary school student should wear.
- Hair Decorations: Her hair is usually kept in a ponytail held by a yellow ribbon.
- Hair Intakes: Her hairstyle includes two little intakes that kinda look like cat ears.
- Ill Girl: When she was a child, her health was weak which made her stay at home all day long.
- Lethal Chef: In the manga, it's her sunny side up eggs (see chapter 41).Tomoki: Eggs are... a symbol of existence. No... They are life itself. And so... these sunny side up eggs. (Pokes one with his fork causing a demonic spirits like odor shooting out scaring Astraea) SEE! It's a scent of death!
- Literally Loving Thy Neighbor: She has an obvious crush on her neighbor Tomoki.
- Megaton Punch: Triggered via perversion.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Not So Different: Turns out she's just as perverted as Tomoki. She's just better at hiding it.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: She's Tomoki's childhood friend, lives next door from him, often goes to his house in the morning to wake him up and despite usually beating him up with karate chops, she very obviously loves him and is always looking after him.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Often ends up in embarrassing Fanservice situations, to her great dismay.
- Tsundere: She always gets pissed at Tomoki's perverted antics and punishes him with karate chops. It's obvious that she loves him, though.
The head of New World Discovery club in Tomoki's school. An all-around smart guy who lives in the wilderness.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Most of the time.
- Affectionate Nickname: Mikako calls him Ei-kun.
- Badass: While he doesn't show it off often, he does do some pretty awesome stuff, such as fighting a with a bear, bare-handed. And winning.
- See Determinator below.
- Beta Couple: With Mikako.
- Bromantic Foil: While he's a lot more reserved than Tomoki, he's also completely bonkers.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Mikako.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He is introduced on top of the school building with a glider ready to jump and he only gets weirder from there.
- Club President
- The Comically Serious: He always has the same deadpan expression on his face, even when he performs his crazy antics.
- Determinator: Okay, so we've got Sugata, hiding behind a pole, in Synapse, outside the dome full of angels, guarded by the Harpy Twins. He has no idea how the hell he's going to get in there without the Angeloids noticing. But when Hiyori starts to disappear from his memories, he says "Screw it", charges towards the entrance, the Harpy twins notice, he shoves them aside and tells them to move it. Bad Ass.
- Ditzy Genius: Strong Cloudcuckoolander tendencies, masking a mind that runs like a Swiss watch.
- Gun Kata: With Miyako during the shootout in the first festival.
- Limited Wardrobe: His school uniform is the only outfit he owns.
- Morality Pet: To Mikako, being the prime recipient of her Pet the Dog moments.
- Mr. Exposition: He usually gives a history lesson which usually has some relevance to that episode's plot.
- Only Sane Man: Sometimes he's the only one who doesn't overreact to everything going on.
- The Stoic: He generally has the same expression on his face.
- Stoic Spectacles: Occasionally also Scary Shiny Glasses.
- Take a Third Option: Despite sincerely wanting a new world, he was able to provide Tomoki with a way to reset things.
- The Unfavourite: BIG TIME. Apparently, he and his big brother were pretty tight when he was a little kid; they'd make all kinds of planes, big and small, to send into the sky. One day, though, they got into a pretty pointless argument. His brother shrugged it off immediately, but Eishiro was still angry. Therefore, he half-assed his inspection of their latest glider out of spite. Naturally, of all days for something to go wrong, it had to be then...and it got him killed. When their parents found out it was his fault, they quickly learned to hate him, and when his baby brother was born, Eishiro was all but disowned... and they will never forgive him. There is a reason why talking about his family is such a sensitive subject, and why he wanted a new world so damn badly.
- The Worf Effect: The prime example in this series.
The local Yakuza Princess, whose sadistic streak can match any psychopath. Also the student council president.
- Beta Couple: With Sugata.
- Boobs of Steel: She is at least a D-cup and able to Curb-Stomp a professional wrestler with ease.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Sugata.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets crazy mad (more so than usual) when another woman is making moves on Sugata.
- Cool Big Sis: To Tomoki and Sohara.
- Cradle of Loneliness: The absolutely heartbreaking moment when she calmly holds Sugata's dead body while resting under the trees...
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute and Psycho
- Gun Kata: With Sugata during the shootout in the first festival.
- Facepalm of Doom: Her Finishing Move as a wrestler. Nymph calculates it deals 400 kilos per square inch.
- Hair Decorations: Two ribbons tied to both of her side burns.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Her Cute and Psycho tendencies and murderous nature are 100% Played for Laughs.
- Karma Houdini: She never gets any sort of true comeuppance for her misdeeds.
- Lack of Empathy: Played for Laughs. She's so bad, she's even failing Ethics class. Her answer to any moral dilemma is simply a cheerful, "I kill everybody."
- Manipulative Bitch: But, of course.
- Perpetual Smiler: Even when enraged...
- Purple Eyes
- Rapunzel Hair: All the way down to her waist.
- Token Evil Teammate: She often performs this role to get things she wants done, such as forcing Tomoki to join the New World Discovery club largely against his will. She also sponsors a gun shooting contest using very realistic looking toy guns, as well as a boys vs girls snowball fight, and a wrestling tournament in which she tries to punish Tomoki, and oddly enough, Sugata.
- Trickster Archetype
- Vapor Wear: Blink-and-you'll-miss-it glimpse in Episode 10.
- Yakuza Princess
- Yandere: Whoo boy, don't even think about dating or calling Eishiro Sugata "Ei-kun". Horrific things will happen.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has purple hair.
A Shrinking Violet farm-girl that develops a crush on Tomoki from overseeing his antics throughout the series. She later joins the New World Discovery Club to get closer to him and the rest of the main cast. She is later erased due to being hit by a truck, but is resurrected as the Angeloid, Zeta.
- Back from the Dead: She gets resurrected as the Angeloid, Zeta.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In Forte. She appeared once in episode 5 and once in episode 12. The central plot of the movie is her arc in the manga. She also appears for a split second in episode 4 of Forte during the snowball fight.
- Fan of Underdog: Tomoki
- First Love: Tomoki
- Lost Love Montage
- Named Weapons: Her staff Demeter, which has the power to control weather.
- Shrinking Violet: Very much so.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Against Chaos.
- Walking Spoiler
- Winged Humanoid: When awakened in Synapse, she has ordinary angel wings. Once Minos converts her into an Angeloid, they become somewhat mechanical in nature.
Tomozo SakuraiTomoki's late grandfather. He is very influential in his decisions... not in a good way, mostly.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Iwasaki (JP), Bill Flynn (EN)
- Dirty Old Man: If the flashbacks are to be believed, he makes other old perverts pale in comparison, which he passed down onto his grandson, and DAUGHTER! He dreamed of sleeping with EVERY woman in the world, and regretted failing this mission when he died.
- It Is Not Your Time: He often greets people who have near death experiences and tells them to go back to the living world.
- Posthumous Character
ZeroA recurring character who comes every time Mikako's folks open up a fair.
- All There in the Script: His name is only seen in the ending credits.
- Badass Longcoat
- For the Evulz: During the shooting festival, he mixed a real gun in with all the toy guns, just to be a dick.
- The Gunslinger
- Smoking Is Cool
Tomoyo SakuraiTomoki's mom. She and Tomoki's dad left for a world trip when Tomoki turned 10.
- Anything That Moves: Though she did marry Tomoki's dad, perversion for busty women is passed down through her side of the family. Including her.
- Bi the Way: Likes both men and women; especially the women.
- Groin Attack: Here, coupled with Get A Hold Of Yourself Man.
- Like Parent Like Child: Believe it or not, Tomoki's perverted side come from his mother.
Yoshitsune HououinA student of the prestigious Sorami Private Academy. Arrogant and sarcastic towards Sorami Junior students. Evolves into a Jerk with a Heart of Gold later on and becomes a recurring character.
- Big Damn Heroes: After disappearing for a few chapters, he returns just in time to save Sugata from the second generation angeliods.
- Calling the Old Man Out
- Covert Pervert: With some Tomoki influence.
- Cultured Badass: He's quite skilled with a violin, and is a lover of orchestras... And is not afraid of driving into the household of one of Sorami's richest families with a firetruck followed by dishing out some verbal asskicking, calling out said family on their treatment of their elder son.
- Later on, he ups this by tanking an assault from Ikaros Melan to buy some time to Sugata.
- Died Standing Up: He dies this way while defending Sugata from the Ikaros Melan Squad.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He buys time for Sugata to rewrite Rule, which ultimately saves the world.
- Iron Butt Monkey: If you can come out of this like nothing has happened, then you certainly qualify.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's arrogant, condescending, and all in all a bit of a prick. He's also a good friend and when it comes down to it, he knows what's right and what's wrong and will unflinchingly do what's right.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: His crush on Ikaros is never brought up again in his later appearances.
Tsukino HououinYoshitsune's equally arrogant sister. Seems to have a brother-complex. As skilled with the violin as her brother.
- Berserk Button: If you're Yoshitsune, don't go perving on anyone else but her, and don't have pervy thoughts with anyone else.
- Big Brother Attraction
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Yoshitsune.
- Cry Cute
- Expy: A Tsundere little sister who seems to have a brother-complex and shows her Dere side more later on? Hmmmmmm...
- Rich Bitch
Combat-oriented gynoids created by Synapse. They have a Religious and Mythological Theme Naming derived from Greek mythology, down to their weapons.
The first Angeloid known in the series. Her formal designation is Type Alpha, Strategic Battle-class Angeloid
- Absolute Cleavage
- The Ace: She was Synapse's greatest weapon.
- Badass Adorable
- Berserk Button: Don't touch her master, her friends, or her watermelons. Also her little toy with the pop-off head.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Sohara's Veronica, in a rare variation, where the Betty arrives after the Veronica.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: She usually is submissive, melancholic and subservient, but whenever her master is in danger, you better watch out.
- The Comically Serious: You think an Emotionless Girl couldn't possible be funny? Ikaros will prove you wrong.
- Cry Cute
- Cuteness Proximity
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Starts out as an Emotionless Girl who only cares about following orders. Even now, she can't show many emotions, but little by little, she's opened up to Tomoki and the rest of her friends.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: In the final chapter, Ikaros' body burns up and gets reduced to nothing in Tomoki's arms. But she comes to life thanks to the Reset Button Ending.
- Dying Declaration of Love: In the final chapter, she confesses her love for Tomoki as her body burns up. She comes back, but doesn't get a proper answer.
- Emotionless Girl: At first.
- Extreme Doormat: At first, the only thing she does is follow her master's orders and doesn't show a will of her own. She gets (slightly) better.
- Go Out with a Smile: In the final chapter, she smiles for the first time ever as she confesses her love for Tomoki and her body burns up. She comes back to life thanks to the Reset Button Ending, though.
- Hair Decorations: Her long tails are tightly secured with dark pink ribbons.
- High-Pressure Emotion: In the bonus final chapter, her face turns completely red and she literally turns off after she remembers her love confession to Tomoki.
- Icarus Allusion: In Chapter 76, she lives up to her name, as her wings catch on fire and burn up while she is carrying Tomoki in midair. It's stated this was a self-destruction system put in place in case she ever got too close to Synapse without permission.
- Idiot Hair: She has a long strand of hair that protrudes out of her hair and seems to warn her when Tomoki is in danger.
- Imprinting: She imprints on Tomoki when he finds her after she fell from the sky, making him her master.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: In the first episode when Tomoki accidently wishes Ikaros to strip in front of him. He stop her when Ikaros proceeds to fulfill his wish.
- Literal Genie: Ikaros can fulfill any wish her master asks. Tomoki wishes in jest that he was ruler of the world. Ikaros grants it by making every other person in the world vanish. She does explain that making him a traditional ruler would be impossible because no one would take a doofus like him seriously. Ikaros normally cannot undo her wishes, but fortunately Tomoki wishes that it was All Just a Dream.
- Magical Girlfriend: From the moment Tomoki finds her after she fell from the sky, Ikaros becomes his devoted servant ready to fulfill any wish he asks for and Tomoki's precious normal life becomes infested with craziness.
- Messy Hair
- Multicolored Hair: Rosy pink hair with brown side bangs.
- Person of Mass Destruction: There's a reason that Synapse wants their Lost Property back.
- The Quiet One
- Rapunzel Hair: You normally don't really notice it due to her tails (which go behind her wings), but when she activates her Pandora system...
- Red Baron: She is nicknamed The Uranus Queen.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When she is operating in Uranus Mode, her eyes turn red.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: An emotionless, obedient and submissive Angeloid who comes to slowly warm up thanks to the main character.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming:
- Her name Ikaros is a play on Icarus, the Greek mythical figure who burned himself when he flew too close to the sun with wings of wax.
- Her weapons are named after Greek gods. Artemis, Apollon (her bow, whose power is said to be enough to annihilate a country), Aegis, and Hephaestus. The anime traded out Hephaestus for the Uranus System, a giant battleship/Mobile Armor that seems to be generated from the sky itself.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has rosy pink hair, and she's innocent, docile and devoted to her master.
- Short Hair with Tail: Most of her hair is in a bob haircut, while she has two long tails tied at the nape of her neck.
- The Stoic: She always has the same expressionless face that makes everyone wonder if she will ever smile.
- Subordinate Excuse: As his servant Angeloid, she always must stay by her master's side and do anything to please him. Of course, that's not the only reason she is so devoted to Tomoki.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: As emotionless and quiet as she might be, she clearly loves her master a lot and is very devoted to him.
- Super Drowning Skills: Subverted in that she can't swim due to her wings being really heavy when wet, but she can't drown either. Nor does oceanic pressure seem to affect her.
- Super Speed: Has the highest top speed of all the Angeloids. Astraea beats her in acceleration and agility, however.
- Turned Against Their Masters
- Vapor Wear: She clearly isn't wearing a bra with that open top.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: While not Tomoki's girlfriend per se, she is VERY protective of her master. And that's not just because he is her master...
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: Unlike Nymph and Astraea, Ikaros has only an inkling of what the pain in her reactor means. She compares herself to Chaos in this respect.
- Winged Humanoid: She is the only Angeloid with a complete Variable wing core, which allows her to adjust the size of her wings as needed.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Rosy pink hair, in her case.
- Zettai Ryouiki
An Angeloid sent from Synapse to retrieve Ikaros, although she spent more time harassing her and Tomoki. Her formal designation is Type Beta, Electronic Warfare Angeloid.
- A-Cup Angst: Made worse by the fact that her Love Interest is a devout fan of breasts and she will be eternally flat according to her age device. For extra measure, she's also the only flat-chested character in the entire series. Even Chaos' grows a bit as Forte and Chapter 70 show. Even the background female characters have a bigger chest.
- Big Eater: Ate four pieces of cake in chapter 60 — her's, Astraea's, Ikaros's, and Tomoki's.
- Big Sister Bully
- Brown Note: While it's debatable as to how truly destructive it is in canon, listening to her singing voice is rightfully described as Hell. Fridge Brilliance when you remember that her named attack is called Paradise Song. Though her attack actually does less damage than just her singing.
- Covert Pervert: Judging by how willing she is to watch pornographic movies with Tomoki and let him do perverted things. She also has very explicit daydreams when she sees Tomoki do perverted things.
- Crippling Overspecialization: As noted by the Master, there's not much use for an electronic warfare type against underdeveloped downers. She's quite effective against Synapse's own tech, once Nymph evolves her abilities a bit, as shown in chapter 55 when she completely decimates an army of higher powered, more advanced Angeloids.
- In a gag episode of the anime, she is able to hack directly into Tomoki's brain to block all memories of his ability to swim.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dreadful Musician: Nymph is horrible at singing. When she sang, all of the people far or near collapsed because of her singing. Anyone within range, (with the exception of Ikaros) also temporarily lost their linguistic ability.
- Fantastic Racism: Has an extremely low opinion of "downers", at least at first.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Going Commando: In a side chapter, she reveals to Tomoki she doesn't wear any panties because she thinks they're "dirty". Tomoki wastes no time to take a peek under her skirt.
- Heel-Face Turn: While she was never overtly evil, she was working under the orders of her master, who treated her like absolute garbage. Then comes Tomoki and his friends, who treat her really well without any ulterior motives.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Uses her self destruct in an attempt to take out Minos. It fails, although it does destroy the Zeus core and allow Tomoki access to Synapse.
- Jerkass: At first. Even after her Heel-Face Turn and Character Development, her treatment of Astraea borders on this. This is why Oregano hates her.
- Little Big Sister: She's technically Astraea's big sister, but doesn't look like it.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Her Paradise Song attack.
- The Millstone: True to her complex about being junk, a lot of problems in the series could have been avoided if Nymph wasn't around to cause them.
- Rapunzel Hair: Has some really long pigtails. Activating her Pandora System just makes it even easier to notice.
- Reality Warper: Ikaros can affect reality with her cards, but Nymph can hack reality.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming:
- Named after the nature spirits of Greek mythology.
- Her Fundamental Particle Jamming System is named after the Greek goddess, Aphrodite.
- Shana Clone: Small? Check. Rapunzel Hair? Check. Grade S Zettai Ryouiki? Check. Fond of sweets? Check. Aggressive and condescending Tsundere? Check.
- Sweet Tooth: Most of the time, she's shown snacking on chips and other snacks. And one time, she ate FOUR pieces of cake.
- Token Mini-Moe: Doomed to be eternally Pettanko at an old age judging from a age device in an extra chapter.
- Tsundere: She eventually develops feelings for Tomoki while she still treats him like dirt and usually beats him up.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Took a group effort to break her chain.
- Unstoppable Rage: After Chaos kills Hiyori.
- Winged Humanoid: She possesses Stealth model wings, which are capable of disappearing if needed. However, she was wingless for a short duration after her encounter with the Harpies.
- The Worf Effect: She got counter-hacked while fighting Zeta, while she is supposed to be the Angeloid made for such warfare.
- Though to be fair, the Master of Synapse had actually planned for Nymph trying to hack Zeta and took countermeasures.
- She also trounced Zeta's hacking after she got encouragement from Tomoki. Nymph tends to suffer from self-doubt.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade S!
The Harpy Twins
Angeloid(s) sent from Synapse to kill Ikaros and retrieve her variable-wing core, although they are quickly relegated to guard duty. Their formal designation is Type Gamma, Ambush-purpose Angeloid.
- Comically Missing the Point: When the oldest is given a Playboy Bunny outfit, the first thing she does is compliment its free range of movement, then point out the ears' detrimental nature to her field of vision.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Their High-Altitude wings are exactly like they sound - designed for high altitude. At lower altitudes, their flight capabilities are relatively worthless.
- Informed Attribute: Daedalus claims to have installed Pandora in all First-Generation Angeloids; the Harpy twins are the only ones not shown activating it.
- Named Weapons:
- Super Pyrotechnic Compression Firing Cannon, Prometheus.
- They also both have S. vibrate claw Nemea.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming:
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: The oldest doesn't see any shame in wearing all the Fetish costumes Tomoki picks out. Until he picks up a bikini. She's absolutely mortified to see a piece of clothing that exposes her bellybutton.
- Those Two Bad Guys
- Winged Humanoid: Their wings are High-Altitude model wings, which allow them to patrol maneuver about Synapse with ease when compared to other Angeloids.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The younger sister has green hair, the older has red.
The first Angeloid sent from Synapse with the purpose of killing Tomoki. Her formal designation is Type Delta, Regional Conflict Angeloid.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Achilles' Heel: She has no long-range attacks.
- Apologetic Attacker: Astraea screams "I'm Sorry!" as she's about to kill Nymph on Minos' orders.
- BFS: Chrysaor can turn into this. Chrysaor II can do this to the point that it's considered a ranged weapon. Chrysaor III is big enough that it qualifies as a ranged weapon by default.
- Big Eater: She can eat a lot of food, and in at least one instance, it actually gets her in trouble as well (when she eats Ikaros' watermelons with Nymph, who then promptly blamed Astraea).Ikaros: "You have three apples and four oranges. How many total pieces of-"Astraea: "I eat all of them!"Ikaros: "Ok, let's move on. Seven bananas-"Astraea: "I EAT ALL OF THEM!"
- Big "Shut Up!": After Minos orders her to kill her friends one too many times, she screams at him to shut up as she breaks her chain.
- Boobs of Steel: While she's not as powerful as Ikaros all-around, she is stronger in a purely physical sense, and her rack speaks for itself.
- Brainless Beauty: She's very beautiful, but not the smartest girl around.
- Butt Monkey: Arguably even lower than Tomoki.
- Crippling Overspecialization: She is extremely effective in CQC but incapable of fighting at range, so if her enemies keep their distance and pummel her with ranged attacks, she's done.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- The Ditz: Oh, God. Calling her a moron would be the understatement of the year. She can't even figure out basic addition, and she managed to fall behind in every subject on only her first day of school.
- Dumb Blonde: She is a beautiful blonde girl, but is also extremely dumb. Of course, it's not her fault — each Angeloid can only excel at two things and be bad at the third. She's good at fighting and emoting, so she lacks intelligence.
- Dumb Is Good: She's a complete airhead and one of the nicest characters in the series.
- Dumb Muscle: She's exceptionally stupid, but she's also exceptionally strong. She's also the only angeloid shown to be strong enough to break her own chain. For comparison, breaking Nymph's chain took the combined efforts of Tomoki, Sohara, Miyako, and Sugata.
- Dumbass Has a Point: She occasionally notices things the others miss.
- Extreme Omnivore: Rabbit pellets and fish bait are yummy to Astraea.
- Friendly Enemy: Before she broke her chain, she was extremely friendly with the main cast. So friendly, in fact, that her switching sides can't even really be called a Heel-Face Turn.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Very nice and friendly even back when she was an enemy.
- Kick the Dog: An accidental case. She mocks Nymph for having no wings, trying to simply Poke the Poodle and not realizing beforehand how sensitive a subject it was. However she immediately regrets it afterwards upon seeing how hurt Nymph was.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: A complete airhead, but one with a good heart.
- Leitmotif: The aptly named Delta.
- Lightning Bruiser: She is the strongest and most agile of the first-generation Angeloids. She loses to Ikaros in terms of raw balls out speed, but in battle, where agility is just as important as speed, Astraea comes out superior.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: She carries the Aegis-L shield, which takes the form of a small round shield or a large buckler that has the ability to create a version of Ikaros' Beehive Barrier that only faces one direction.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Named Weapons: The Photonic Oscillation Blade Chrysaor and the Aegis-L Shield (a version of Ikaros' Aegis that can only guard the front).
- Nice Girl: She's so nice that she can't help but give Tomoki a hand even when she was actually trying to kill him.
- Poke the Poodle: Some of her attempts to kill Tomoki fall under this, such as trying to poison him with a laxative.
- Rapunzel Hair: Astraea has blonde long hair that reaches down to her ankles.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Named after the Greek goddess of innocence and purity Astraea, who abandoned Earth due to the wickedness of humanity and became the constellation Virgo.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: Well, not "training" per se, but rather the details of her design: she was given overwhelming power at the expense of her intelligence. In other words, her incredible strength and speed in combat is offset by the fact that she's too dumb to even feed herself. In one instance, while fishing, she tries to eat the bait instead of using it to catch fish.
- Smarter Than You Look: She's actually fairly clever. Of course, being an idiot, she nearly always misapplies this, leading to a lot of Rube Goldberg plots that don't actually work.
- Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket: She doesn't know how to obtain food, so she'll gobble up whatever's available when hungry, including rabbit pellets and fish bait (still on the line!). This is justified in both the manga and the anime when it is revealed that angeloids have three potential strongpoints: Emotions, Power, and Intelligence. Being first-gen, Astraea, Ikaros, and Nymph only have two of those three each. Ikaros lacks emotions but is an extremely intelligent, if naive, powerhouse. Nymph has next to no combat ability but compensates with her ability to hack reality, and is easily susceptible to emotional mood swings. Astraea is a complete dumbass, but she's also a monster in close combat who can hit hard, hit fast, and shrug off almost anything and is supposedly capable of overpowering even Ikaros when fighting up close, and she has a wider and more stable emotional range than the other two combined.
- Chapter 75 is the worst instance of this, with her voluntarily sacrificing herself just so Chaos wouldn't die alone.
- Training Montage: She had one during the credits of the fourth episode in Forte.
- Unskilled, but Strong: According to Daedalus: "The reason I didn't add any processing capabilities to Delta... is because she doesn't need any." Astraea does note at one point that she's no match for Ikaros in a straight fight because Ikaros has skill and tactical acumen while Astraea only knows how to hit things really hard.
- Vapor Wear: Her top makes it obvious she doesn't wear a bra.
- Winged Humanoid: She bears Acceleration model wings, which allow her the speed/agility combo that she needs for close-quarters combat.
The first of the second-generation Angeloids, and also sent to Sorami City to kill Tomoki. Looks can be totally deceiving with her. Possessing no formal designation for her particular model, she is referred to as simply Second-Generation Angeloid, Type Epsilon.
- Bad Habits: Dresses up like a nun.
- Big Brother Worship: Towards Tomoki.
- Break the Cutie: If you don't feel bad for her at the end of chapter 47, you have no soul.
- Cannibalism Super Power: She claims to "eat" other Angeloids to gain their powers, though she's really just taking their cores.
- Creepy Child
- Cute and Psycho: Chaos is what happens when you mix Ax-Crazy with Love Freak. What you get is the creepiest Moe character in the series who wants to share her "love" with everyone.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Easily Forgiven: In the Reset Button Ending.
- Glasgow Grin: Her face is constantly adorned with one of these in the anime. It's creepy. Moreso on Tomoki's face.
- Knight of Cerebus: Every chapter with her in it is noticeably darker.
- Love Freak: One of the most blatant examples in all of Manga and Anime. Even her character song is named "Ai wo Ageru", i.e. "I'll give you love".
- Love Hurts: She believes that pain is love and as a severe Love Freak she seeks to spread her "love" to everyone.
- Master of Illusion
- Mega Manning
- No Sense of Humor: Tragic example. The reason she killed Hiyori in the first place was because she walked in on Tomoki's skit of chasing the Angeloids out of his house and took it seriously.
- Omnicidal Maniac: What makes it so heart wrenching, is that Chaos doesn't want to be the walking instrument of death and destruction she has become. Chaos wants to experience genuine love, but due to the means of her creation and various story events, she is truly unaware of how to interact with others without causing pain and murder. When Tomoki gives her the opportunity to experience loving compassion first hand, he becomes the bedrock of what little sanity she has left. After this event, Chaos' grabs for power are nothing more than an attempt to experience Tomoki's kindness again, yet ironically they further distance her from achiving that goal.
- Plot Driving Secret: In the manga, Tomoki remains ignorant that Chaos is an Angeloid. He only knows her as an innocent little girl, and not an insane weapon of mass destruction. Her battles against the other Angeloids has always been either away from Tomoki or while he's knocked out. As of Chapter 70, this is no longer true.
- Phlebotinum Overload: Her multiple cores ultimately explode and killer her and Astraea.
- Poor Communication Kills: Hiyori and Tomoki.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming:
- According to Greek mythology, Chaos is the origin of everything, and the first thing that ever existed. It was the primordial void, the source out of which everything was created, including the universe and the gods.
- She had the Pandora System, which enables her to evolve her capabilities. She also has the "anti-perception system Medusa" and "super-high-speed atomic vibration generator Chimera", as well as stronger versions of Ikaros, Nymph and Astrea's weapons after assimilating the Melan models.
- Surprise Party: Has one in the special bonus chapter, though the guests were actually forced to go by Mikako.
- Token Mini-Moe: She gets a more mature body later on due to the Pandora System.
- Tragic Mistake: Killing Tomoki.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behaviour: While Tomoki tries to get the other Angeloids to be a bit more mature, everyone would agree that Chaos should cool down a little. She is a toddler after all.
- Walking Spoiler
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: She doesn't know what love is, but that doesn't stop her from being a freak about it. Eventually, she comes to the conclusion that pain is love. She begins to truly understand it after her Heel-Face Turn.
- Winged Humanoid: She possesses an 'imperfect' version of the Variable wing core, which allows her to alter her wings similar to Ikaros. Chaos uses them like equipped blades, and she is capable of dismissing her wings entirely when needed. Due to the imperfections, her wings aren't organic-looking.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green actually.
- You Will Be Assimilated: The biggest part of her power set is the ability to mimic the abilities of anything her wings pierce. Doing this to Siren gets her underwater movement. Doing this to the Melan models gets her Second-Generation versions of all the weapons that Tomoki's Angeloids have.
ZetaSee Hiyori Kanaze
A second-generation Angeloid which was sent to ambush Tomoki. Her formal designation is Type Eta, Underwater Combat Angeloid.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Hid in the water to ambush the Angeloids, ends up getting killed from behind by Chaos.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: She's a robot mermaid marine-combat type Angeloid, thus averting the Winged Humanoid archetype of Angeloids and Synapse denizens.
- Winged Humanoid: Comes with being an Angeloid, however, her wings have more of a fin-like design to them to go with the mermaid design.
A generic medical specialist Angeloid. One follows Sugata back from a dive game, after which she associates herself with Mikako. This... has consequences...
- Emotionless Girl
- Jerkass: Because Mikako was the one who gave her the ability to speak, she is this to Nymph because she used to routinely bully Oregano and her sisters back in Synapse. By forcing them to listen to her sing.
- Silk Hiding Steel
- Rei Ayanami Expy
- Winged Humanoid: Comes with being an Angeloid.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Tactical Weapon Angeloid, type Theta, Melan. Equipped with a Variable Wing Core (Ikaros' wings), and mass-produced in black-winged, black-haired mimicries of Ikaros, Nymph, and Astraea.
- Absolute Cleavage
- The Ace: Minos's greatest weapon(s).
- Doppelgänger Attack: In three flavors: Ikaros Melan, Nymph Melan, and Astraea Melan.
- Emotionless Girl: Shows no emotion whatsoever, even compared to Ikaros.
- Evil Counterpart: Evil second-generation copies of the three first-gen Angeloid defectors, and sharing many of their traits.
- Evil Twin: To Ikaros, Nymph, and Astraea.
- Messy Hair
- Paint It Black: Black-haired, black-winged, and black-garbed version of Ikaros, Nymph, and Astraea.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Oh, hell. Let's start a list.
- Ikaros Melan models have all the capabilities of the real Ikaros, in Second-Generation Angeloid statistics.
- Astraea is unable to pierce Ikaros Melan's Aegis note .
- Nymph Melan models have hacking abilities strong enough that Beta has to activate Pandora in order for Aphrodite to counter them.
- Astraea Melan models are capable of shattering the Aegis-L that Delta carries.
- Super Speed: Has speeds that rival that of Ikaros.
- Winged Humanoid: They bear Variable wing cores - and unlike Chaos, these are perfect Variables. However, Minos notes that Ikaros' Variable wing core has been nutured over time, thus making the wings inferior to Ikaros' own. Additionally, to differentiate the Melan models from their First-Generation counterparts, their wings are black-feathered.
A few floating islands in the sky, which happens to stop over Sorami town at the time being. Their denizens are flesh-and-blood angels, and they possessed vastly advanced technology compared to humanity.
Master of Synapse
The aptly named ruler of Synapse. Has a deep disdain for humanity, and creates Angeloids as his playthings... well, humans are too, by extension.
- Bad Boss
- Big Bad
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- Blinding Bangs
- Driven to Suicide: Before the Reset Button Ending, anyway.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Everyone calls him the Master of Synapse. His true name is Minos.
- Fantastic Racism: Always refers to humans as "Downers" and "Bugs". Also considers Angeloids as nothing but toys to throw away and scrap when done.
- Knight of Cerebus: Whenever he appears you can be sure the series will turn darker.
- Light Is Not Good
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming:
- Winged Humanoid
- Worthy Opponent: Considers Sugata one.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: If Nymph had succeeded in her original mission and returned, he would have destroyed her and turned her remains into scrap.
A pro-human scientist who hides in Synapse.
Voiced by: Asuka Oogame (JP), Monica Rial (EN)
- A-Cup Angst: Implied to be bothered by her small breast size, as her copy has double her breast size.
- Big Good: In contrast to Minos' Big Bad.
- Blinding Bangs: Her eyes are always covered by her hair. They hide the fact she's really Sohara.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Girl of My Dreams: Often appears in Tomoki's dreams.
- Ill Girl: She is the real Sohara, who died due to illness.
- Motherly Scientist: Considers Ikaros, Nymph, and Astraea to be her daughters, as she created them.
- Not So Above It All: In the final chapter, she chops Tomoki for comparing her and her replica Sohara's cup sizes.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Named after Daedalus, the one who created the maze for the minotaur and was imprisoned afterward along with his son Icarus by King Minos. He then created wings of wax for himself and Icarus to escape.
- Trapped Behind Enemy Lines: Although she may have elected to be one for some reason.
- Winged Humanoid
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair