Anime Hair, this hairstyle resembles the hood scoops on a muscle car and also looks a bit like cat ears, allowing for the visual appeal of the Cat Girl in series that are too "realistic" to actually feature such a supernatural creature. Seems to be more common among females, though male examples are plentiful as well. Seems to be especially prevalent in Visual Novels.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Miyabi Hotaka from Absolute Duo has this hairstyle.
- Isuzu Sento from Amagi Brilliant Park has these, along with a Hair Antennae.
- Sakura of Card Captor Sakura and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle also sports this hairstyle, combined with a Hair Antennae.
- Mutsuki Ichimonji from Happy Lesson has these.
- Koneko from High School DXD has them, adding to her Cat Girl motif. She actually is a Nekomata, and sprouts actual cat ears in their place when using her full strength.
- In Kami Sama No Inai Nichiyoubi, Ai and her mother Alfa have this hairstyle. In Ai's case, she also has a Hair Antennae.
- Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch: Lucia has these, combined with an Idiot Hair.
- Omamori Himari's Token Mini-Moe, Shizuku, has this hairstyle in its most magnificent form.
- The titular character of Karin has such large intakes that they make up more than half of her total hair, a rarity.
- Ada from Pandora Hearts sports this hairstyle.
- Tsukiumi from Sekirei has this hairstyle.
- Kyou and Ryou Fujibayashi of CLANNAD both have these quite prominently. Kotomi Ichinose has a less impressive set.
- Da Capo II has Yume and Otome Asakura.
- D.C.S.S.: Da Capo Second Season features Nanako Saitama.
- Continuing with the Key Visual Arts theme, Kanon has three such characters, Kaori Misaka and Nayuki and Akiko Minase.
- Featured prominently in Muv-Luv. Sumika Kagami has these, as well as Marimo and Meiya. Miki "Tama" Tamase has typical hair intakes along a rare hairstyle that includes even larger cat ears.
- To Heart 2's Tamaki Kousaka has these.
- Arcueid Brunestud from Tsukihime has a rather impressive pair of intakes.
- Senna has them in the August 18, 2012 strip (#11) of Sandra on the Rocks (just NSFW enough to not be linked).