Characters: Guilty Gear XX
Here we're going to list the characters introduced in Guilty Gear X
and it's Updated Rereleases
The Captain Ersatz
, "No Celebrities Were Harmed
", Mythology Gags
, Continuity Nods
and Shout Out
references go here
open/close all folders
Hiroko Konishi (XX), Yukiko Kato (AC)
Bridget is a (crossdressing) boy. In his hometown there is a superstition that if twins of the same gender are born, disaster will come. And because of that, baby Bridget was taken into the custody of the local convent's nun, then raised as a girl (well, it was that or having him killed off). He works as a bounty hunter to prove his manliness and that he isn't bad luck. Why he continues to dress like a girl when he wants to prove his manliness is unclear.
A powerful Nightwalker who seems to be the only one who knows exactly what the hell is going on. He visits many characters and gives them valuable hints. He was the original founder of the Assassins' Guild, and his main objective is to disband it because it became corrupted from his original intentions. He is married to an immortal Lady in Red
named Sharon, who is completely immune to anything, even parasites like Eddie (In fact, it is shown in Eddie's 1st ending in XX
that upon making contact with her, he melts away into nothingness).
- Bad Ass: Slayer laughs at classic vampire weaknesses. Slayer scoffs at sunlight and shrugs off a stake in his heart like it's nothing. Slayer eats garlic for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. And if all this mockery wasn't enough, Slayer tops it all off by wearing a cross for a tie. The man is just a colossal badass. Period.
- Classical Movie Vampire
- Creepy Cool Crosses
- Even Evil Has Standards: While not super evil, he still dislikes what has happened to the Assassins Guild.
- Happily Married: He and Sharon.
- High-Class Glass
- I Let You Win: Seeing as every fight against him is acknowledged as him not going all out, it's pretty obvious he does this.
- You can definitely see this in his knockdown sprite. Rather than lying unconscious, when Slayer is "knocked out", he merely lies on the ground with a miffed expression on his face, propped up on his arm.
- Immortality: Besides being The Undead, his wife Sharon may have Complete Immortality.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen
- Lightning Bruiser: Can teleport back and forth on the battlefield and his attacks pack quite a punch.
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Nice Guy: Extremely civil to pretty much everyone, even hands out hints to people for seemingly no reason than wanting to be helpful (like when he informs Ky Kiske something is seriously wrong with the bounty on Dizzy even though he has little reason to care).
- Official Couple: Happily Married with Sharon.
- Older Is Better
- Our Vampires Are Different: Sunlight doesn't affect him. In Isuka's credits, it is shown that other traditional vampire weaknesses (a cross, garlic and a wooden stake) are merely amusing to him.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Sharp Dressed Man
- Smoking Is Cool: Slayer can actually block attacks with smoke from his pipe.
- Warrior Poet: His Instant Kill includes haiku, come on!
- Willfully Weak: One of the strongest characters in the series, although we never see him go all-out on That Man so we cannot say if he is the strongest.
A seemingly normal man who is actually possessed by several spirits. He seeks to find Faust so he can cure his ailment. In XX he finds Faust, who tells him that he doesn't know what to do about it and suggests that he train himself to control the blackouts. In Accent Core + , he encounters Faust again, who finally concludes that Zappa is possessed after seeing S-ko for the first time. Faust purges the ghosts from Zappa, and he thanks Faust for his help.
- Awesome, but Impractical / Difficult, But Awesome: Zappa is consistently a low ranked character. This is not because he is weak, but because when you play Zappa, you essentially play as five different characters at once and constantly (and randomly) change between them throughout the fight. That said, if you can get Raoh out, Zappa becomes a Game Breaker.
- Bishounen: The reason why S-ko got attracted to him.
- Blank White Eyes: When possessed by S-ko.
- Blessed with Suck: Is a natural medium for spirits, attracts many of them and gets possessed.
- Possessed And Crazy
- The Chew Toy: Poor, poor Zappa.
- Confusion Fu: Seriously, he is able to randomly change his moveset while fighting.
- I Am Legion: Has an evil dog, a cursed sword, the "Three Stooges", Raoh (No, not THAT Raoh), and S-ko living within him. And the centipedes that appear while the summoning attack and one of his Overdrives.
- Lightning Bruiser: When Zappa has Raoh out.
- Motor Mouth
- Not Himself: Whenever possessed by S-ko. In Story Mode this is indicated by his skin turning dark blue and Blank White Eyes until Accent Core Plus (which showed him bent over backwards like his fight pose). His voice is also distorted.
- Powers via Possession
- Screams Like a Little Girl
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: S-ko
- Unlucky Every Dude
The mysterious servant of That Man. Putting it simply, she is all that is Bitch. And she loves it
. As she serves That Man, she also knows Sol. In XX
, she goes around causing heaps of trouble for the other characters. In Accent Core +
, after an encounter with Sol she transports him back in time to fight his past self, Order-Sol.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: When facing left, she holds her guitar like a lefty (and her guitar becomes a lefty-built as well)
- Bullet Hell: Her infamous Megalomania attack which will drain your entire tension meter if you block it in addition to some of your health.
- Combat Sadomasochist
- Combat Stilettos
- Dark Action Girl
- Depraved Bisexual: Strongly implied in the XX ending where she captures May.
- Double Entendre: LOVES using these.
- Enigmatic Minion: Her profile in her story mode simply reads "UNKNOWNUNKNOWNUNKNOWN..." Not so enigmatic after XX, as her cover is blown.
- For the Evulz
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Almost all of EX I-no's win quotes in the arcade are sex-based. In Accent Core, they don't even try to hide it.
- Improbable Weapon User / Instrument of Murder: I-No uses a shapeshifting electric guitar. She can either smash people with it, or create cacophonic sounds to defeat her opponents.
- Jerkass: She just loves being an obnoxious bitch, especially to Dizzy.
- Lady in Red
- Manipulative Bitch: Cannot stress this enough.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Musical Assassin: Her move names have musical traits, as do the actual moves themselves.
- Nice Hat: It talks!
- Orgasmic Combat: I-No sounds a little too excited while inflicting or taking pain. This is raised to Memetic Molester levels when I-No fights Dizzy, because their respective reactions to combat sounds like I-No is raping Dizzy.
- The Power of Rock: Her Instant Kill, and her winpose in which she plays "One" by Metallica.
- SNK Boss: Especially in Accent Core.
- Smug Snake
- Split Personality: On one hand, mysterious and sexy. On the other hand, you guessed it: ULTRA-BITCH.
- Stripperific: She even takes off her top in one of her win poses, though she turns her back to the camera so all we get is sideboob.
- Stupid Evil: Most of the shit she does for That Man doesn't help him and bogs him down because he takes it upon himself to right whatever she fucked up.
- Thigh-High Boots
- This Cannot Be!: She screams such a phrase when Dizzy obliterates her in one of her GGXX endings, all the while pleading for someone to help her get away from her massively overwhelming attack. She also says such a phrase after May kicks her ass.
- Time Travel: Her magic ability. She states that it's not exactly easy to do, though.
- The Vamp
Kantaro (XX Battle Voice), Takeshi Kusao
(XX Story Voice), Yutaka Terada (Robo-Ky MK. II), Takumi Inoue (AC)
The robot impersonator of Ky created by the PWAB. There are several of these things floating around. Also has a MK-II version which copies his opponents' moves.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: In the original XX's Story Mode, Robo-Ky often analyzes your character's techniques, becoming immune to damage from anything but overdrives.
- Submissive Badass: Designed as one, but rebels.
- Butt Monkey
- Dark Reprise: His alternate theme, "Holy Orders?", or "Vortex Infinitum" in the Korean soundtrack. Given that he is a robot version of Ky, it only makes sense that this theme be a robotic-toned version. The end result is that the song ends up sounding full of distortions and background sound effects and noise, randomly jumping up and down in pitch and volume at a moment's notice. You'd almost think that the band was drunk while performing it.
- Do-Anything Robot: The only thing he doesn't do is emulate the person he impersonates properly. Also present in the MK-II version from Isuka.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Was Ky's EX mode in X.
- Easy Impersonation: In the first rendition of XX, when he was just a palette swap in-game. It easily fools Jam and Bridget.
- Evil Twin: Robo Ky, who literally was just an EX movelist Early-Bird Cameo for Ky in GGX and a palette swap of Ky in his first proper appearance (GGXX) with slightly different portraits. He came into his own with exclusive sprites and movesets starting with #RELOAD.
- ROBOTIC_BSOD: "ERROR!_CRITICAL ERROR!_BLUE_SCREEN_OF_DEATH!" * Earth-Shattering Kaboom*
- Hive Mind: Subverted because since all RKs have the same arrogant personality, each model is acting superior than the other.
- Mars Needs Women: He likes human women in general, desiring Millia, Jam and Baiken.
- Mecha-Mooks: There are many Robo-Kys and they are acting in separate missions that most of the time fail.
- In XX, his win quote on winning a Mirror Match is to ask the other one why it diverted from their programming.
- Slouch of Villainy: Has a fold-in throne.
- SNK Boss: In the original GGXX, this guy, not I-No, was banned from competitive gameplay. Consider that in most characters' story modes, you must fight him while he doesn't take damage from anything but Overdrives...
- However, it's important to note that he was banned from competitive gameplay for the same reason Kliff and Justice were. It wasn't necessarily because he was overpowered, but rather because he was a console-only character that wasn't created with balance in regards to other characters in mind. Notably, he is unbanned in Reload onwards.
- Spam Attack: DAMEDAMEDAMEDAMEDAMEDAMEDAMEDAMEDAMEDAMEEE!!!