Characters / Guilty Gear
The various characters of Guilty Gear
franchise can be found in these sheets:
- Guilty Gear The Missing Link (Sol Badguy, Ky Kiske, May, Millia Rage, Zato-1 and Eddie, Potemkin, Chipp Zanuff, Faust, Axl Low, Baiken, Testament, Kliff Undersen, Justice)
- Guilty Gear X (Anji Mito, Venom, Johnny, Jam Kuradoberi, Dizzy)
- Guilty Gear XX (Bridget, Slayer, Zappa, I-No, Robo-Ky, That Man)
- Guilty Gear 2 Overture (Sin Kiske, Izuna, Dr. Paradigm, Valentine, Raven)
- Guilty Gear Xrd (Bedman, Ramlethal Valentine, Elphelt Valentine, Leo Whitefang, Jack-O', Kum Haehyun, Answer, Aria, The Universal Will, The Original)
- Guilty Gear Other (A.B.A., Leopaldon, Z-Dan (Team Zako), Fanny, Judgment, Gig, Baldias, Marina, Solaria, Erica Batholomew, President Gabriel)
The Captain Ersatz
, "No Celebrities Were Harmed
," Mythology Gags
, Continuity Nods
references go here
Before starting, these are the tropes which apply to almost everyone:
- Author Appeal: Daisuke Ishiwatari loves belts, although not to the ridiculous extremes like Nomura. The only ones to not have them in some way are Anji, Baiken, and Justice.
- Bounty Hunter: Everyone except Dizzy and Testament in GGX, and that's due to Dizzy having a big bounty on her head and Testament trying to keep her safe.
- Calling Your Attacks: Everybody except Dizzy and Bedman calls their attacks as they perform them.
- Catch-Phrase: Lots of 'em.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes
- Improbable Weapon User: As a rule of thumb, everybody has some interesting and distinctly unique weapon. The series has seen people use dull sword-clubs, pool cues, an anchor, a yo-yo and a teddy bear, etc. etc.
- Musical Theme Naming: With the exception of Baiken and Zato-1, all the characters and some of their attacks are named after rock artists and their music. Read them here.
- Random Power Ranking: The PWAB's risk ratings. These rankings are more of assessment of possible threat to PWAB than the character's actual fighting power, though said fighting ability is factored into their assessments.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Just look at how detailed and in-depth many of the characters' outfits are.
- Too Many Belts: The number of belts in Sol's outfit alone can outnumber the belts in the whole cast of BlazBlue. Everyone has a belt or ten on their person after Xrd came out.
- Vague Age: Except for Dizzynote , Kliffnote , Solnote , Justicenote , Ericanote , Maynote , Jack-Onote and as of Xrd That Man himselfnote , we're left to guess the ages of the cast. There's a few that can be narrowed down a good deal (for example, Sin must have been born in the time period between Accent Core and Overture) but most still don't have exact dates.