- The fact that Sol's Dragon Install is able to be struck by Instant Kills, giving him new lines.
- Chipp's look of horror as he gets a Potemkin Buster . Also comes off as Fridge Brilliance as Chipp has the most miserable health bar among the characters.
- Actually, almost ALL characters get hilariously terrified by that attack. Except for Leo; he just remains totally calm and states that Potemkin, of all people, can't really hurt him. This gets better if Potemkin finishes the round with the attack.
- Faust's kancho returns! Much to I-No's joy◊, Millia's pleasure◊, and Sol◊ and Potemkin◊'s horror.
- Speaking of Faust, his Instant Kill, "This is...me?", has him performing surgery on his opponent's face, ending with the victim looking either obscenely cute (with either a Pie-Eyed or Black Bead Eyes variant), completely blunt, or exaggeratedly beautiful, all while Ode to Joy is blaring in the background with Faust as the conductor/surgeon. And then cue the victim's reaction...
Elphelt: (Blunt) "This is what stress does to you!"
Sol: (Pie Eyed) "This can't be happening..."
Chipp: (Pie Eyed and Blunt respectively) "KAWAII!" / "MANLY!"
Ky: (Blunt) "My new life begins..."
Bedman: (Beautiful) "Your definition of beauty is troublesome, it seems to derive from consensus, and I can say with certainty that the majority of subjects would reject this look."
May: (Bead Eyes) "Uh, I guess it's cute?"
Leo: (Pie Eyed) "H-Have I become an...anime?"
I-No: (Blunt) "This does NOT match my top."
Bedman' (Pie Eyed) "So...so kawaii! I must savor this; document it. Yes! From the right side, adjust to a 66.6 degree angle of inclination and snap!"
- And when Faust performs this Instant Kill on Sol Badguy, what does our resident Bad Ass main character, the "Flame of Corruption" do as Faust preps the surgery? Tremble in fear. Do note, he's one of the only characters to have this kind of reaction, aside from Sin, Elphelt and Leo.
- Another worthy mention goes to Zato-1 and mirror Faust, as Faust somehow manages to plant eyes right on top of their blindfold/paper bag.
- Venom's instant kill has always been to turn his opponent into a pool ball and take a shot at them. Xrd ramps this up by turning it into a cinematic attack, allowing the player to see exactly what their opponent looks like as a pool ball and their looks of horror (Except Zato is obliviously smiling the entire time since he can't see what's coming).
- The end of Potemkin's Instant Kill in Xrd has him smashing his opponent through the ground, causing them to end up on the other side of the earth. (complete with a palmtree!)
- In general, the new style of graphics allows the game show a lot of hilarious expressions from the victim of certain overdrives and instant kills. May's new Instant Kill, in which she and April stuff the enemy into the Mayship's cannon and turn them into a Human Cannonball, is another good example.
: "Wh-What's going on...? / Oh man, I got a really bad feeling about this..."
Leo: "I wonder...is this cannon made for royalty? / Stand back, children. I am a gentleman of such high caliber that this cannon may explode when it attempts to fire me! I would hate for you to be hit by the debris!"
- Chipp's arcade ending, where he defeats Valentine, laments that nobody's actually seen him beat her and gets no credit, can't make heads or tails of Valentine's Magi Babble, then tells Valentine not to underestimate PRESIDENT CHIPP ZANUFF when she insists the Senate's schemes cannot be stopped.
- Bedman's Instant Kill has his victim live through their greatest fears, which can be hilarious in some cases. Like Slayer's fear of his lover Sharon finding him with another woman. Or Chipp's fear of losing the election by one lousy vote.
- Bedman, when he isn't being creepy is hilarious. Whether it is due to his bed's bizarre animations (which include turning into a cradle or dream catcher) or his Motor Mouth that leads to long tangents. Made funnier that he dislikes talkative people.
- Elphelt's winpose. She takes out a marriage certificate (from between her breasts no less), asks the opponent to sign it, and then starts rambling on and on for 15 seconds about the wedding before getting a nosebleed from over-excitement and falling over.
- Elphelt's win quotes against the male characters too. They're all amusingly funny, but it reaches the peak of absurdity when she tries to persuade Ky to divorce his own wife.
- Elphelt's Instant Kill: The Magnum Wedding deserves mention too. She fires a bullet "For my First Love!" at the foe's heart. Upon sulking, the poor sap goes gaga over her and falls head over heels for her. Most of them, save for Ky, Venom, Zato-1, and Bedman. As with Faust, the sucker's last words before fainting are funny.
Ky: "I have a wife and child, please...do not make me do this!
Chipp: "Answer! Go get a marriage certificate! NOW!"
Zato-1: "I have to Decline!"
Leo: "My subjects...I give you...OUR QUEEN!"
Ramlethal: "Is this my true self?"
- How about Elphelt's Respect pose, where she shows her true power and goes all Super Mode but it turns out to be one huge Imagine bubble where she's merely dreaming about going Super Mode.
- When Sin loses to a light attack, his crumple animation involves him giving his opponent a thumbs up.
- Slayer's Instant Kill generates a haiku based on a collection of randomized quotes. This leads to some amusing...and unfortunate...combinations.
"I remove my clothes / Devoid of reason and thought / With my alien"
- And no matter how random his haikus may be, his opponent is invariably impressed with how good they are.
- The tutorial mode. Sin insists that Sol call him "Professor" for this mode, something Sol, obviously, isn't keen on. But he gets payback when they get to the 'Throws' segment of the tutorial.
Sin: Sweet. Next is...a 'throw'. Hey! This one can't be blocked either! Huh? Hm, guess you don't have anything to throw...Lemme find a practice dummy.
Sol: Don't waste your time. I've got a dummy right here.
Sol: (clearly happy about this) ...Hope you're ready.
(once the player is done, they move on to the 'Air Throws' segment)
Sin: G-Gah...! That hurt! You're gonna crack my head open!
Sol: Hmph...What's next?
Sin: Um, it says 'Air Throw' but—N-No, not again!
- Crossing over with Crowning Moment of Awesome, we have Faust placing the beacon in Chapter 7-B. Must be seen to be believed.
- Sol is as half-assed as ever when it comes to explanations.
Sin: So what were they talking about? That St. Elmo thing or whatever it was.
Sol: It's a big-ass lightning bolt.
Sin: What?! Why are we supposed to care about that?!
Ky: Ugh... Can't you ever actually EXPLAIN anything?
Sol: I thought we agreed you didn't get to tell me how to raise this kid.
- Ky, unsatisfied with Sol's explanation, goes into a short talk about the history of St. Elmo's Fire, an event that happens every 13 years that once saved a group of Knights from overwhelming odds during the Crusades. Sin finally comes to a conclusion.
Sin: Y-yeah, I guess so. So basically...it's a big-ass lightning bolt.
Ky: (with an utterly worried expression) ("I fear for his future...")
- Elphelt's and Sin's attempts to make Ramlethal smile. Sin tries telling jokes. It fails. Ram, annoyed, tries to oblige, but can only make an evil, sharp-toothed grin (which might bring Taokaka to mind). Then Sin brings her a burger from 'Danny Missiles', and Ram's mind is blown while commenting it is salty.
- What follows is a montage of the three hanging out. Highlights include: Elphelt trying on Ramlethal's cloak while Sin trying to get Ram to wear El's wedding dress (with the look on Ram's face showing that she absolutely dreads the idea). Later Sin pours a some hot sauce on Ram's pizza while saying it is tasty, shocking Elphelt for his action. Sure that Ramlethal tries it, which doesn't end well for her. Of course Sin gets his comeuppance when Ramlethal does the same to his spaghetti.
- Leo's and president Vernon's reactions to Dr. Paradigm's casual reveal that the Opus, artificial super soldiers created to combat Valentine threat and fielded all over the world are basically Gears is utterly hilarious.
- Leo in general.
- The reason why Dr. Paradigm no longer has to be in a bubble to breath which basically amounts as a response to Sin asking "If you're so smart, why don't you create a spell that allows you to breath air".
- The fact that the emotionless Omnicidal Maniac Ramlethal dislikes arthropods.
- In the Christmas colors DLC, most characters gets colours that consist mainly of red and white, with the occasional green on them. What does Chipp get? A reindeer themed coloration (with a red nose to boot)!
- Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, Sol's apology to Ky because of how Sin turned out.
Sol: ... I'm sorry Ky. There's a small chance I may have failed as a mentor and guardian