Awesome Music: Guilty Gear
is Awesome Music
Guilty Gear: The Missing Link
The first game in the series has undistilled RAW Rock, and it's still awesome.
Guilty Gear X: By Your Side
- Let's start with Prologue (Shout And Burning).
- Keep Yourself Alive - The Theme of Sol Badguy, the walking Queen reference.
- Ky's Theme Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead).
- The X and XX versions.
- Also the Guilty Gear 2: Overture remix. (Give it a minute, it has a longer intro than the XX version.) It manages to pull off the feat of switching the melody from electric guitar to violin and make it arguably even cooler than the original.
- It is no longer better than the original thanks to the GGxBB Music Live 2011 version, which merges all three versions of Holy Orders together.
- Then there is the remix by Powerglove, Holy orders (Be quick and just shred).
- The theme of Millia Rage Writhe In Pain.
- the Xand XX versions.
- The Token Mini-Moe May's original theme Unidentified Child.
- The Remix by A.S.H. (the same guys who did the Sound Alive renditions) from the Bonus Disc 8 of the Complete Sound Box. This and other remixes from the Bonus Disc 8 will play if you're fighting against Order Sol.
- Chipp Zanuff theme Suck a Sage.
- Dr.Baldhead's theme Suspicious Cook.
- Potemkin's original theme In Slave's Glory.
- Zato-ONE's original theme Black Soul. Why A.S.H. didn't remixed this one and In Slave's Glory?.
- The theme of Axl Low March of the Wicked King.
- The theme of Kliff Undersn Pride & Glory.
- Here's the Prelude to Boss music, Death and Republic.
- The theme of Then-Psycho Goth Testament A Fixed Idea
- The Capital-T Theme of Justice Meet Again.
- The theme of then-hidden boss Baiken Momentary Life
- The X and XX versions.
- Conclusion, the ORIGINAL rival battle theme music (Sol vs Ky or Millia vs Zato). Looking back, even with PS1 qualities, that song still KICKS BUTT FROM HELL.
- Beyond the Dark Life/Light, the ending theme for several characters, most notably Sol. It's probably one of the best songs in the entire series.
- Even the staff roll music Love Letter From... will blow you away.
- Epilogue (The Missing Link) doubles as a Tear Jerker.
The second game in the series now features distilled rock music. (Note: in its original arcade release it had synthetised music instead of pre-recorded. Not that it was bad. The ones linked below are from the Hard Rock Tracks version of the console versions.)
Guilty Gear XX/X2: The Midnight Carnival
- The Original, the theme of benevolent legit crazy doctor Faust.
- Babel Nose/Noise, The theme of Chinese Iron Chef, Jam Kuradoberi/Cloudberry.
- Anji's got Fuuga also known as Elegance.
- "A Solitude That Asks For Nothing In Return", the theme of Venom. Either the original or X2 version is better.
- Johnny, the captain of Jelly Fish Pirates, got a kickass music in form of Liquor Bar & Drunkard.
- And speaking of pirates, here's May's new theme, Blue Water, Blue Sky.
- Anything that draws from Led Zeppelin's Kashmir is automatically awesome. Hence, Potemkin's new theme, Burly Heart.
- Make Oneself, Axl's new theme.
- Zato-ONE/Eddie on the other hand, got a worthy succesor in Feel A Fear.
- Returning again as a Mid-Boss, Testament brought us a new theme, Bloodstained Lineage.
- Fatal Duel, a music for Mirror matches.
- The Millia vs. Zato-ONE Rival music "Still in the Dark".
- Before we get to being beat up by Dizzy, we get this beautiful instrumental called Grief.
- Dizzy's Awe of She, which you'll be hearing a lot.
- And finally the Sol vs. Ky Rival theme, No Mercy.
The tracks from the third game in the series are the ones everybody is most familiar with.
XX/X2 Korean versions
Guilty Gear Slash/Accent Core
- Ass-kicking has a theme song. That theme song? "Starchaser". The fact that it's Sol Badguy's theme on the Korean OST is just the icing on the cake.
- The Korean version of Midnight Carnival happens to be not only a fine piece in its own right, but easily the best song of all at reminding you that you are fighting a Really Final Boss.
- Dance of the Behemoth has CMoA written all over it. Both versions of it.
- Vortex Infinitum, Robo-Ky's' theme from the Korean OST.
- Revalations, the Sol vs Ky theme.
- Pillars Of The Underworld, Ky's theme.
- Faith Shall Save Thee, Sol vs Ky EX.
- Rogue Hunters, Vs Assassin's theme.
- Red Crossroads, Millia vs ZATO-1/Eddie EX.
- Day Of Judgment, Justice's Theme.
- Keeper Of The Unknown, Venom's Theme.
- Dead Silence, Same Character EX.
- Ditto for the normal Same Character theme.
- Great Empress, Millia Rage's theme.
- Child Of The Wild, Chipp Zanuff's theme.
- In The Arms Of Death, Testament's theme.
- Vampire Saga, theme of the vampire, Slayer.
- Megatona Furioso, as heavy as Potemkin himself.
- Get Out Of My Way!, May's theme.
Guilty Gear Isuka
- The new intro Launch Out.
- While composed by Masaomi Kikuchi (who already had scored some tunes in Isuka) instead of Daisuke Ishiwatari Keep in Gates, the theme of Canon Immigrant A.B.A. is still good in its own right.
- Get Down To Business, the theme of Order Sol. This theme screams "You are about to get royally fucked up." Then it turns into something out of a western tavern-brawl scene.
- And finally, the Order Sol vs. Ky theme Keep The Flag Flying.
The Spin-Off game, while very unbalanced, still got awesome music. In addition to the series main composer Daisuke Ishiwatari, there also Tetsuya Ohuchi and Yoshino Kusano, who scored various menu themes and other misc. music, and Masaomi Kikuchi, who scored the A.B.A. theme and half of the Boost mode themes.
Guilty Gear 2: Overture
- Sheep Will Sleep (If You Become Fatigued), is a shared theme of Sol and Ky (and I-No, but this music fits them more).
- Drumhead Pulsation, is a shared theme of the Japanese fighters (well, more like two Japanese and one weaboo) Baiken, Anji and Chipp.
- Exceptional Routine Work, a shared theme for the Jelly Fish Pirates Johnny, May and Dizzy.
- Drunkard Does Make Wise Remarks, a shared theme for Axl Low and Bridget.
- Lady Fascination, the exclusive theme for Jam Kuradoberi.
- Home Sweet Grave, a shared theme for Faust and Zappa.
- The Irony of Chaste, a shared theme for Millia and Venom.
- Riches in Me, a shared theme for Slayer and Potemkin.
- Push A Bush, a shared theme for Eddie and Testament.
- Kill DOG as a Sacrifice to Dog , the final boss music of Leopaldon.
- Quicksilver, the theme for the new character A.B.A.
- Might is Right but Tight, which found use in... another game.
- The GOD Bites Own Lip In Chagrin, enough said.
- Along with A.B.A., the console versions featured the Boost mode, a Beat 'em Up like game which consisted of five stages, and of course, five new themes:
- The first stage, the farmlands, has Fille de Vent theme.
- The second stage, Zepp, has Rift in the Clouds theme.
- The third stage, the Dojo, has The Blue Practice theme.
- The fourth stage, Hell, has Death Simpers at an Exit theme.
- The fifth and final stage, Castle Ruins, has a Out of World theme.
- The credits theme,The Cat Attached To The Rust is possibly THE BEST credits theme ever. So relaxing, yet epic at the same time.
- Ride on Time, Sin's theme.
- HIRUANDAN ~Noonday Lantern~, Izuna's theme.
- Intellect, Reason, and the Wild, Dr.Paradigm's theme.
- The Mask Does Not Laugh, Valentine's theme.
- Worthless as the Sun Above Clouds, Raven's theme.
- Misadventure, Same Character theme.
- The Man, is the theme for... That Man.
- Communication, the Ky vs Sin theme.
- Diva, Valentine's theme in her final form. Too bad it always gets interrupted by illusions. Also GGxBB Music Live 2014 version, an excellent reprisal of an already amazing theme.
- The Re-Coming, and the Arc System Works Music Live Version.
- When the first trailer for Guilty Gear Xrd came out, it had one kick-ass piece of music to add to this list: Heavy Day. The full version is out on iTunes and Amazon...and it. Is. GLORIOUS.
- Hear the acoustic sweetness that is the title theme.
- The Arcade ending credits theme, Lily, basically one big tribute to Queen as if the Freddie Mercury rose from his grave for one last concert with his bandmates.
- The Console Version ending credits theme, Icarus, is also a huge homage to Queen.
- The Home Release of Xrd gave us Big Blast Sonic, with a Metal Scream: GET UP AND ROCK!
- Junk Yard Dog, Sol's new theme.
- Magnolia Eclair, Ky's new theme.
- Starry Story, May's new theme. The GGxBB Music Live 2014 Version sounds even more like something you'd hear in Sonic the Hedgehog and has a new solo in the middle portion. For every instrument.
- The Lily of Steel, Millia's new theme. And the GGxBB Music Live 2014 Version, now with even more organ.
- Black Blank blah-blah-blah, Zato's new theme.
- Engage, Potemkin's new theme.
- Flash Hider, Chipp's new theme.
- Destructive Goodwill, Faust's new theme.
- A Slow Waker, Axl's new theme.
- Call Shot, Venom's new theme.
- Jack-a-Dandy, Slayer's new theme.
- Dirty Drive, I-no's new theme.
- Does the Sheep Count the Sheep?, Bedman's theme. The GGxBB Music Live 2014 Version has a more elaborate piano and violin solo in the bridge that gives the song a classier feel to it.
- Ramlethal Valentine's theme Diva of Despair, which contains elements from "Diva" and "The Mask Does Not Laugh".
- Sin's new theme, Just do it.
- Elphelt Valentine's theme Marionette. While awesome, it has a tragic feeling to it, which is seemingly odd. That is, if you haven't found out what becomes of her in the ending of Story Mode.
- The new Sol Vs. Ky theme, Reunion.
- The new theme for Millia Vs. Zato, The Spider's Thread (Do You Know?).
- The new Assassin's Guild theme, When Life Comes.
- The new Mirror Match theme, Bump.
- Sol's Dragon Install now has its own face-meltingly metal theme, "Ride the Fire", and it all starts with "LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!"
- The music which plays for Johnny's tag-team with Leo against Bedman in Story Mode, Storyteller.
- Speaking of Leo, here is Stolz.
- The English vocal version of Nothing out of the Ordinary. May not be in the games themselves, but it's worth a mention. As is the English Keep Yourself Alive.
- And then there's Guilty Gear Judgement, which has some kick-ass music of its own, including:
In fewer words, Daisuke Ishiwatari
: we love you.