open/close all folders
Guilty Gear Isuka
Voiced by: Mika Takimoto
Paracelsus Voiced by: Toshimichi Mori
A homunculus created by the owner of a mansion called Frasco. He was an independent scientist attempting to plumb the secrets of creating life. The scientist was taken away by the government moments before her birth. A.B.A. was then left alone for ten years. Even though Frasco wasn't impossible to escape from, A.B.A. came to a nasty epiphany: she realized that her ignorance of the outside world would prevent her from surviving in it, and resigned herself to an isolated existence. To cope with the inevitable depression, A.B.A. began to collect keys; they represented a way to escape her lonely life into an exciting new world. While wandering the area around Frasco one day, she found a sentient relic called Flament Nagel. A.B.A. fell in love at first sight (as the Flament Nagel is shaped like a key) and renamed it Paracelsus. She decided to give it an artificial body like hers, and ventured out into the world looking for a way to do so.
- Artificial Human: Well, she is a Homunculus.
- Bandage Babe: The only article of clothing she wears is a grey skirt.
- Blood Is the New Black: Since she's regularly covered in blood, people keep mistaking her for an injured person.
- Bloody Murder: Actually a part of her gameplay. She uses blood packs to make Paracelsus's attacks more powerful.
- Canon Immigrant: First appeared in Isuka, then got ported to Slash with upgraded gameplay, and finally given her own story in Accent Core + .
- Cargo Ship: In-universe, with Paracelsus. It's canon from A.B.A.'s side and win quotes from I-No suggest that she even masturbates with Paracelsus (or at least tries to, anyway). Considering it's I-no, you may want to take this with a grain of salt.
- Cast from Hit Points: Her Moroha (Double-Edged) Mode gives her the ability to run and some extra punch in her altered normals and moves, but it steadily drains her health while it's active.
- Clingy Jealous Girl/Yandere: Has a tendency to get in fights if she thinks someone's trying to take Paracelsus away. When he's finally transformed, she has him chained to her so that he can't run away.
- Depending on the Artist: Depictions of A.B.A. can range anywhere from looking like she just crawled out of her grave to being a straight-up Cute Monster Girl. Compare her picture up top to her in-game sprites.◊
- The Eeyore: She constantly speaks in a very morose voice, and never really perks up for anything beyond her companion.
- Goth: Appears to be styled after the gloomy types.
- Glacier Waif: Not particularly muscle-bound, but she's got the strength to swing Paracelcus around. Her speed is on par with Potemkin's without the blood packs, since she can only dash.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses an ancient, sentient key with blade-like properties.
- Lightning Bruiser: Once Paracelsus gets a taste of blood and enters Moroha (Double-Edge) Mode through that method or through her command throw, A.B.A. becomes very fast and powerful, due to being able to run normally in that mode and having a ton of advantageous moves. She also overall has very high defense tied with Robo-Ky and a solid Guts rating, where normally she is able to take a ton of beatings if not for her draining health in said mode.
- She takes even more of the cake when she enters Goku Moroha (Extreme Double-Edge) Mode through one of her Overdrives.
- Mad Love: A.B.A. is in total love with her weapon. Paracelus is uninterested in both her and the idea of having a body of his own. He doesn't really get a choice in that matter since he can't walk away.
- Pet the Dog: While he doesn't want a romantic relationship with her, Paracelus does care for A.B.A.
- Theme Naming: A lot of her move names have to do with destroying things or something negative (Ruination, Eradication, Blunder, etc).
The boss of Isuka. A large Gear controlled by a small man and his dog.
- Gentle Giant: Said to be a kind hearted old man who simply happened to find a long-dead gear and decided to have a little fun with it.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: So far, barely anything is known about the man, the Gear, or the dog. Yet, they were the final boss on their debut game.
Z-Dan (Team Zako)
Voiced by: Takao Suzuki, Toshimichi Mori, and Masaomi Kikuchi
A group of thieves who appear in Isuka.
- Joke Character: After completing Boost Mode once, you can select the Z-Dan for Arcade and Versus Modes. They only know a punch and kick respectively, and some can't even jump.note Lord help anyone trying to win any kind of battle with them.
Guilty Gear Petit
The under-loved character who only appeared in Guilty Gear Petite 1 and 2, Fanny is a slightly airheaded weirdo who is trying her best to find Dr. Baldhead since she's a big fan of him. She's a nurse with a huge syringe, and a medical kit of oversized weapons. She's cute, she's rare-to-find, she's... never mentioned.
- Battleaxe Nurse: A subversion in that she's actually quite cute, but has hints of being sadistic.
- Hospital Hottie: But of course.
- Little Miss Badass: A nurse who attacks you with a syringe and medical tools. Basically, Faust if he was a ditzy loli.
- Nurse with Good Intentions: She is a student of nursing school, but her violent behavior may hint that she's... not ideal.
- Palette Swap: She has a lot of moves like Faust, though it doesn't explain how she can do Neck Periscope without Faust's occultist powers.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Guilty Gear Judgment
Voiced by: Takayuki Ideriha
The titular antagonist of Guilty Gear Judgment. Once a scientist named Raymond, he experiments on the people of Villtania to create a weapon stronger than the Gears. He eventually does this to himself by consuming the powers of Inus, the ruler of the Underworld, but much like a certain SNK Boss, gets consumed by his power and dies.
- A God Am I: Actually refers to himself as God against several of the characters, most specifically Ky and Potemkin.
- Big Bad: of Guilty Gear Judgment.
- Karmic Death: He dies because the king of the Underworld wished to remain dead, and this causes Raymond to melt away.
- That, and his soul technically jumped into a dead body, which is something Eddie actually mocks him for.
Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers
The boss of Dust Strikers.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: A giant insectoid.
Guilty Gear Vastedge
The boss of the pachislot game Vastedge.
A crippled girl whom Ky befriended in the Lightning The Argent novel. She is saved by Ky and is currently under the protection of the IPF.
- Damsel in Distress: She gets rescued by Ky from punks who were harassing her.
- Friend to All Children: She tutors children and gets along well with them. Later, when under the wing of the IPF, she becomes a teacher.
- Ill Girl: Is wheelchair-bound.
- Subverted when she gets cured when she accidentally drank the Vitae, causing her to have Gear cells, and causing her legs turn into hydra-like Gears.
- Double Subverted because after that, she's in a wheelchair again.
- Long Lost Sisters: Solaria and her
- Parental Abandonment: Her only relative still alive is her sister.
She is an experiment by the Blackard Corporation to create a command-type Gear. Solaria is saved by Ky and put into the custody of the IPF. She comes from the light-novel Lightning the Argent.
- Long Lost Sisters: Marina and Her
- One-Woman Wail: We never hear it, but is described at the novel.
- Person of Mass Destruction: The song mentioned above caused a lot of deaths in their village. Her song awakens the Gear cells from the Blackard medicine which people drank. Their body parts mutate into Gears and EATS THEM.
The 17-year-old President of "A Country", formerly the USA. She's few more than a pawn for the Assassins's Guild, and she knows it clearly: refusing to just take it, Erica decides to have an alliance with Zepp and becomes the target of the guild, which leads Chipp Zanuff to her. She comes from the novel "The Butterfly and her Gale."
- Bodyguard Crush: She and Chipp.
- We Have Your Adoptive Mother and Orphan's Ordeal: Erica was raised in an Orphanage of Love, and at some point the director of said place is kidnapped in an attempt to blackmail her into cutting ties with Zepp.
- Plucky Girl: The reason why she's in trouble is because she wants to do what she thinks is the right thing.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: When the kid has enough of being a pawn, she tries this.
Former Rebel Leader from Zepp, now the President of the country. Potemkin's superior, on whose orders he entered the first Sacred Tournament.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Attacking Zepp while he's around is a very bad idea. Bedman learned this the hard way in Xrd.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Slayer in the -REVELATOR- story mode.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: His fighting style, with a combination of speed, Super Strength, fire, and Stuff Blowing Up.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: As the story of -REVELATOR- starts to reach it's climax Slayer and Gabriel team up to take down large gears that self-destruct. After launching one into the atmosphere together they get in on this.Gabriel: *As Slayer lands* You get weaker?Slayer: Not as much as you...*More enemies appear. They turn to face them. Beat*Both: Punks!
- Lightning Bruiser: He's basically what Potemkin would be if he were smaller, faster, smarter, and stronger. Bedman learned this the hard way.
- Mission Control
- No-Sell: As part of his Curbstomp Battle against Bedman in Xrd. He counters a teleporting opponent with an attack that incinerates anything within its range. When the opponent tries to retreat, he simply grabs and yanks them back down.