Characters: Guilty Gear Other
Here we're going to list the Guilty Gear
characters who appeared in other media. (Novels, spinoffs, etc.)Captain Ersatz
, "No Celebrities Were Harmed
", Mythology Gags
, Continuity Nods
references go here
open/close all folders
Guilty Gear Isuka
Voiced by: Mika Takimoto
Paracelsus Voiced by:
A homunculus created by the owner of a mansion called Frasco. He was an independent scientist attempting to plumb the secrets of creating life. The scientist was taken away by the government moments before her birth. A.B.A. was then left alone for ten years. Even though Frasco wasn't impossible to escape from, A.B.A. came to a nasty epiphany: she realized that her ignorance of the outside world would prevent her from surviving in it, and resigned herself to an isolated existence. To cope with the inevitable depression, A.B.A. began to collect keys; they represented a way to escape her lonely life into an exciting new world. While wandering the area around Frasco one day, she found a sentient relic called Flament Nagel. A.B.A. fell in love at first sight (as the Flament Nagel is shaped like a key) and renamed it Paracelsus. She decided to give it an artificial body like hers, and ventured out into the world looking for a way to do so.
- Artificial Human: Well, she is a Homunculus.
- Badass: No combat training whatsoever, but she can keep up solely based on her strength and Paracelsus.
- Bandage Babe: The only article of clothing she wears is a grey skirt.
- Blood Is the New Black: Since she's regularly covered in blood, people keep mistaking her for an injured person.
- Bloody Murder: Actually a part of her gameplay. She uses blood packs to make Paracelsus's attacks more powerful.
- Canon Immigrant: First appeared in Isuka, then got ported to Slash with upgraded gameplay, and finally given her own story in Accent Core + .
- Cargo Ship: In-universe, with Paracelsus. It's canon from A.B.A.'s side and win quotes from I-No suggest that she even masturbates with Paracelsus (or at least tries to, anyway). Considering it's I-no, you may want to take this with a grain of salt.
- Cast from Hit Points: Her Double-Edged Mode gives her increased speed, but steadily drains her health while it's active.
- Clingy Jealous Girl/Yandere: Has a tendency to get in fights if she thinks someone's trying to take Paracelsus away. When he's finally transformed, she has him chained to her so that he can't run away.
- Depending on the Artist: Depictions of A.B.A. can range anywhere from looking like she just crawled out of her grave to being a straight-up Cute Monster Girl. Compare her picture up top to her in-game sprites.◊
- The Eeyore: She constantly speaks in a very morose voice, and never really perks up for anything beyond her companion.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Goth: Appears to be styled after the gloomy types.
- Glacier Waif: Not particularly muscle-bound, but she's got the strength to swing Paracelcus around. Her speed is on par with Potemkin's without the blood packs.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses an ancient, sentient key with blade-like properties.
- Lightning Bruiser: Once Paracelsus gets a taste of blood, A.B.A. becomes very fast and powerful.
- Our Homunculi Are Different
- Mad Love: A.B.A. is in total love with her weapon. Paracelus is uninterested in both her and the idea of having a body of his own. He doesn't really get a choice in that matter since he can't walk away.
- Petthe Dog: While he doesn't want a romantic relationship with her, Paracelus does care for A.B.A.
The boss of Isuka. A large Gear controlled by a small man and his dog.
Z-Dan (Team Zako)
Takao Suzuki, Toshimichi Mori, and Masaomi Kikuchi
A group of thieves who appear in Isuka.
Guilty Gear Petit
The under-loved character who only appeared in Guilty Gear Petite 1 and 2, Fanny is a slightly airheaded weirdo who is trying her best to find Dr. Baldhead since she's a big fan
of him. She's a nurse with a huge
syringe, and a medical kit of oversized weapons. She's cute, she's rare-to-find, she's... never mentioned.
Guilty Gear Judgment
The titular antagonist of Guilty Gear Judgment
. Once a scientist named Raymond, he experiments on the people of Villtania to create a weapon stronger than the Gears. He eventually does this to himself by consuming the powers of Inus, the ruler of the Underworld, but much like a certain SNK Boss
, gets consumed by his power and dies.
- A God Am I: Actually refers to himself as God against several of the characters, most specifically Ky and Potemkin.
- Big Bad: of Guilty Gear Judgment.
- Karmic Death: He dies because the king of the Underworld wished to remain dead, and this causes Raymond to melt away.
- That, and his soul technically jumped into a dead body, which is something Eddie actually mocks him for.
- Mad Scientist
- One-Winged Angel
Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers
The boss of Dust Strikers.
Guilty Gear Vastedge
The boss of the pachislot game Vastedge.
- Government Conspiracy: One of the four sages of the Senate, who are a driving force behind the plot of the recent games.
- Living Shadow: It is revealed he has taken control of Zato-1's shadow parasite Eddie, and uses him to battle Sol.
A crippled girl whom Ky befriended in the Lightning The Argent novel. She is saved by Ky and is currently under the protection of the IPF.
She is an experiment by the Blackard Corporation to create a command-type Gear. Solaria is saved by Ky and put into the custody of the IPF. She comes from the light-novel Lightning the Argent.
The 17-year-old President of "A Country", formerly the USA. She's few more than a pawn for the Assassins's Guild, and she knows it clearly: refusing to just take it, Erica decides to have an alliance with Zepp and becomes the target of the guild, which leads Chipp Zanuff to her. She comes from the novel "The Butterfly and her Gale."
Former Rebel Leader
from Zepp, now the President of the country. Potemkin's superior, on whose orders he entered the first Sacred Tournament.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Attacking Zepp while he's around is a very bad idea. Bedman learned this the hard way in Xrd.
- Badass: For a while, the only thing we really knew about Gabriel was that he's the president of Zepp, and was at one point considered a rival by Slayer of all people. Then come Xrd, where we learn just why Slayer considers him a rival. Case in point, he delivers a Curbstomp Battle against Bedman, who up until that point had been nigh unbeatable even against the likes of Slayer and Sol.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: His fighting style, with a combination of speed, Super Strength, fire, and Stuff Blowing Up.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's basically what Potemkin would be if he were smaller, faster, smarter, and stronger. Bedman learned this the hard way.
- Mission Control
- No Sell: As part of his Curbstomp Battle against Bedman in Xrd. He counters a teleporting opponent with an attack that incinerates anything within its range. When the opponent tries to retreat, he simply grabs and yanks them back down.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Rebel Leader
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Shell-Shocked Veteran
- Taking the Bullet: What Potemkin does for him, in XX Accent Core Plus.
To be sorted
Raven is one of the mysterious allies of That Man. He is proficient in dimensional magic, and is also extremely sadomasochistic. He enjoys both causing and receiving pain immensely, even going so far as to charge headlong into attacks just for the stimulation. He and Axl Low cannot exist in the same dimension as one another, but they are not parallel existences of each other, so the reason for this has yet to be explained.
The 10th Memorial Book reveals that Raven is of German descent, and that he is a "natural immortal" due to a genetic anomaly. He was an accomplished warrior during the 12th century and took part in many battles of the Crusades. His first death occurred in an attempt to retake Jerusalem. The enemy had anticipated their moves and slaughtered all of his comrades, except him. Raven was shot with arrows and stabbed repeatedly, but instead of dying he found himself trapped within a strange cylindrical space surrounded by predatory birds. The sensation of their stares boring into him soon became the sensation of thousands of needles piercing his body.
And so Raven survived, continuing to linger on for 2,000 years. He grew bored with life, and one day drove a spike into his forehead out of despair. That spike remains bored through his skull to this day. That Man approached him not long afterward, and made him an offer to become "a witness to history". Raven had, at long last, found a purpose in his eternal life, and accepted That Man's offer.
- Badass Army: Shares an undead-ish army with Valentine.
- Badass Cape
- Combat Sadomasochist: Due to his immortality, Raven has gone beyond being desensitized to pain and has learned to enjoy it. Immensely.
- Ex-Church Militant: He was once a crusader, the real crusaders, not the Holy Knights.
- Enigmatic Minion - Raven appears, reappears to put I-No in her place. We still don't know what he can actually do. That Man is something like this as well, except for the minion part.
- At the very least, Raven can fight interdimensionally (which he does with Faust at once point in the manga) and regenerates faster than Sol's flames can burn him as he claims to not feel the heat.
- Complete Immortality: He regenerates faster than Sol's flames burning him.
- Evil Counterpart: To Axl.
- Jossed by Word of God in the 10th Memorial book!
- Large Ham: Whenever he gets hit, Raven will loudly proclaim that it "feels GOOD!!"
- Master of Illusion: He warps through dimensions and creates smoke clouds that turn into flocks of ravens as a boss-only move in Overture.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Raven shrugs off Sol's attacks nonchalantly. He was born this way.
- Older Is Better
- The Red Baron: "The Undying Disease"
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: A key personality trait is that he is in constant weariness from Immortality.
The co-creator of the Gears along with Sol and a woman named Aria. Like Sol, he too feels remorse for creating them in the first place, but feels that he should manipulate things from the shadows. He has 2 servants to assist him in his mysterious goals: the time-traveler Raven, and I-no. He also has connections with several other characters, such as Baiken, Anji, and Axl Low, but mainly Sol & Justice. In XX
, he appears after I-no is beaten by Sol, and renders her unconscious. An enraged Sol attacks, but That Man simply brushes it off and delivers a stunning blow to him. He states that Sol is necessary for the world's fate to be decided, but Sol doesn't buy it. Later, he is found by Anji who, as revealed in Accent Core +
, decides to join him for the world's betterment (and to keep I-no on a leash). In Sol's bad ending, That Man chews him out, saying that he can exist outside of time through some means that have not been confirmed yet. He leaves a writhing, agonized Sol to his fate as he starts to burn away from existence.
In Overture he oversees the actions of Valentine while putting his own schemes in motion to prevent a "Merciless Apocalypse". He appears before Sol, who transforms into his true Gear form to do battle with him (his first appearance as a boss in the series). Later, he reveals to Sol that Valentine is a clone of Aria, who was "already killed", strongly hinting at the fact that Aria is, in fact, Justice. After Sol's departure, he talks with Raven about how Sol's Dragon Install is "corroding", and alludes that there may be more copies of Valentine out there.
Yumiko Ogawa (XX, JP), Yukiko Kato (AC+, JP), Tomomi Isomura (Xrd, JP) / Creator/Ashly Burch
May's best friend in the Jellyfish Pirates.
Slayer's immortal wife who is always seen to be accompanying him. Apparently, she isn't a vampire.
An amoral scientist who works for the PWAB. He has a connection with Johnny. He meddles with many of the characters by making Justice clones and having them fight. He is apparently a traitor to the Japanese people according to Anji, Baiken and Faust.
The Conclave (Senato)
Libraria is voiced by: Tomomi Isomura (JP) / Tara Platt
Chronus is voiced by: Tomonori Tsuboi (JP) / Liam O Brien
A group consisting of four masked sages, who are the supreme advisers to the Pope. The members of the Senato consist of Axus (I), Libraria (II), Baldias (III), and Chronus (IV).
It is revealed through supplemental materials that they are behind Ky's appointment as a Puppet King, holding the well-being of his wife and son as leverage to keep him on a leash. Their stated goal is to manipulate events in order to guide humanity to their desired future, which essentially equates to world domination, with them ruling as gods. Their influence is widespread, and it is slowly being revealed that they are, or could potentially be, involved with the backstories of much of the cast.
SPOILER CHARACTER #1
Voiced by: Chie Sawaguchi (JP)
One of the three scientists who worked on the Gear Project, along with Sol Badguy and That Man. She is the base for the Valentines' appearance, and is believed to have a connection to Justice and the Universal Will.
- Ill Girl: In the Story Mode of Xrd, she contracts a terminal disease known as a "TP infection" which has a timeframe ranging between 2 weeks and 1 month before the infected person dies.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Subverted. A cure for her sickness was discovered 100 years after she contracted it, but at that point, she was being experimented upon in order to create Justice.
SPOILER CHARACTER #2
The Universal Will / "Mother"
A female cosmic entity from The Backyard, the source of the Valentines, and the reason for Magic replacing technology. The Valentines refer to her as "Mother" and attack humanity according to her instructions. In 1999, as the Apostles predicted, it destroyed all human electronics and plunged the world into crisis. In response, the Apostles taught Magic to the world and formed the Sanctus Populi.
- Bigger Bad: Of Xrd and Overture, due to the Valentines being led by her.
- Expy: Of the Black Beast from BlazBlue. Like the Beast, it is a force of nature that puts humanity at the brink of destruction and forces the utilization of magic over science.
- The Heavy: Responsible for the Age of Magic, and the events of Overture and Xrd.
- Gaia's Vengeance: That Man and The Conclave believe that she attacks each time humanity hits a certain threshold of advancement or ascension to drag them back down.
- God Is Evil
- Misanthrope Supreme
SPOILER CHARACTER #3
The Pope of Rome, and Bedman's client. She is working to create an "absolute world".
- Bigger Bad: Set up as this at the end of Xrd's story.
- Expy: Of Imperator Izanami from BlazBlue. Both are antagonistic figures of great political power who seek to create a new world by destroying the current one, and both were believed to be puppets of another antagonist, but actually weren't.
- In some degree, she is also this from Werbellia The Swamp Witch from Queen's Blade, as both are women who are the Bigger Bad for their respective settings and having a group of people working for them while being in the shadows (The Valentines and Bedman for Ariels and Melona, Airi and Menace for Werbellia). Extra points both are even voiced by the same voice actress.
- She Who Must Not Be Seen: When she makes her appearance in The Stinger, the only thing we can see of her is her back.
- The Woman Behind The Men: The Conclave thought they were manipulating her. They were wrong. Dead wrong.
- Manipulative Bitch: Seems to be manipulating the Valentines along with Bedman, pretending to be the Universal Will.