open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In Bakemonogatari, the tad-bit-vampire-himself protagonist Koyomi is a high school boy who is seen occasionally letting a detached, mute, just-sitting-there small girl vampire bite his neck and feed on him in gentle embrace. Vampire girl is portrayed to be apparently in the care of full-of-quirks advisor figure Oshino. Backstory of their tight relationship is mostly left to a prequel, Kizumonogatari. In other stories it moves forward.
- In D.Gray-Man, Eliade allows vampire-like Exorcist Arystar Krory a taste of her Akuma blood to bring out his other side before fighting the heroes.
- Inverted in Naruto: Karin has an unique healing technique where the wounded person can bite her flesh a bit and absorb her Chakra into themselves to heal their body. She has done this to multiple different people, though on-screen she only did it to Sasuke.
- Phantom Quest Corp.: The first Incident File is about Bosco, a vampire who's been trying to kick the habit, since falling in love with Makiko, who's a 19 year old college freshman. At first, he appears to be stalking her, until it's revealed that she's his girlfriend and has been helping him by allowing him to feed on her 4 times a year, at only 200cc's per quarter.
- After being infected with the eponymous virus in Pupa, Yume starts hungering for human flesh. Her brother Utsutsu, who has a Healing Factor thanks to the same virus, acts as her food source.
- In the Yuri Genre manga Seifuku no Vampiress Lord, after Irie is turned into a vampire, the first person she reveals it to is her Childhood Friend Nana, who voluntarily offers her blood to her after watching her suffer through an intense blood withdrawal in the first couple days. Later on, Nana recognizes that she is not always around when the vampiric urge hits Irie and allows her to feed on other girls — on the condition that Nana remains effectively her main "donor". By that point, it is long past the point of ambiguity that the two of them are a couple (who greatly enjoy the fact that vampiric feeding gives both parties involved an intense sexual pleasure).
- Tsubasa -RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE-: Kurogane becomes a blood donor to Fai, who had to be made into a vampire to save his life.
- In Tsukihime, Kohaku is revealed to be this to Akiha, who suffers from vampiric impulses as part of her family's heritage. The relationship between them is very complex, however, combining different shades of master-servant, culprit-victim, and, indeed, some pent-up sexual desire.
- Vampire Hunter D. Subverted in the 1985 animated film version. Doris Lang is beginning to fall in love with the dhampir (half-vampire) D, so she offers to let him drink some of her blood. He manages to overcome his bloodlust and declines her kind offer.
- In Vampire Knight, Yuuki offers to help Zero sate his bloodlust and avoid becoming a level E vampire, since he was a normal human who was bitten by a vampire years ago.
- There's consensual blood drinking among tons of characters, including Yuuki and both of her love interests, and vampires with strong relationships won't want any blood but their loved one's.
- In the Big Finish Doctor Who audio plays:
- The Eighth Doctor tames a vortisaur by letting it feed on his blood in Storm Warning
- He also allows a vampire to feed on him in the audio Situation Vacant.
- In Metamor City Leansidhe are elder fae that offer inspiration and talent to artists in exchange for draining their blood and life force. In "Whispers in the Wood" a Leansidhe has bound herself to a musician with terminal cancer, and focuses the life draining on his tumors, similar to how death-aspected mana is used to treat cancer in-universe.
- In the Cloak & Dagger comics both heroes do this for each other. Dagger is constantly creating energy that must be bled off, and Cloak constantly needs to absorb energy. They maintain a symbiotic relationship.
- In Massively Multiplayer Crossover fic Blood And Revolution, Kenshin and Aoshi are vampires, and Saitou tries to function as their handler; he starts off feeding them occasionally when they can't get someone else just so they don't go crazy, then he gets Claimed by the Supernatural as their own personal prey and becomes their primary food source, and then of course it gets sexual. Kaji later fills a similar role when Saitou isn't available, and in time Rei acts as portable breakfast and lover for Atem. After Seth is turned into a vampire, he categorically refuses to feed on anyone who doesn't volunteer. This practice is presented as a possible solution to the Fantastic Racism against youkai, which is somewhat justified by how many have to feed from humans - pair them up with people who are willing to feed them so they don't have to go hunting.
- In the RWBY Fanfic Cursed, where Ruby has been turned into a vampire and eventually caught/surrender after several nonlethal attacks. Ruby locks herself in an observation room to keep anyone from getting in so she doesn't attack them for the much needed blood she is thirsting for. Her sister Yang persuades Ruby to let her in by threatening to break the door down. When Ruby lets her in Yang locks them both in to keep anyone from stopping her from offering some of her own blood to help her sister from losing complete control of herself.
- Some Touhou fanworks have Sakuya be this to Remilia and Flandre, usually playing up the Lesbian Vampire aspect in the process. Whether Sakuya or Remilia is more anxious for the actual bloodsucking depends on the artist.
Films — Live-Action
- Karen gave her blood to the titular character in Blade when he was wounded and needed to regain his strength to fight the Big Bad.
- Happens in the live action version of Blood: The Last Vampire. Sharon feeds Saya from her own blood so she could gain strength for the final fight.
- In Daybreakers the vampire protagonist Edward joins a group of humans. Audrey intuitively knows he has not drunk blood in a while and, though Edward protests, she draws her own blood into a cup and gives it to him. Edward is a Reluctant Monster who abstains from human blood, so his distress and shame are obvious as he drinks Audrey's.
- In X-Men Wolverine accidentally stabbed Rogue, so she had to "borrow" his healing power to save herself. This drained him enough to knock him unconscious.
- In the Ashcan Copy Vampirella movie, the bad guys deliberately lock up Vampirella with Adam Van Helsing so she'll have to kill him for his blood sooner or later. He eventually gives her permission to feed on him just enough so that she can break out.
- In Anita Blake, somebody who regularly allows a specific vampire to feed from them is known as a "pomme de sang" (French for "blood apple").
- In Arashi no Yoru ni, Mei and Gabu are starving while stuck in a cave during the winter. Mei, being a goat, realizes he'll likely starve anyway and offers himself so that his friend, a wolf, can eat. Gabu refuses.
- Alluded to in the Discworld series. Although there's a teetotaler vampire movement (drinking animal blood and transferring the addiction to, say, coffee) and standard bedroom-invading vampires, there are also vampires who arrange for stylish evenings with volunteer "dinner companions".
- In The Dresden Files Thomas Raith has one in the form of his girlfriend Justine who actually finds his feeding on her to help her think more clearly.
- In the Eighth Doctor Adventures novel Vampire Science, the Doctor lets vampire scientist Joanna Harris drink his blood.
- Team Human: After Principal Saunders' husband is turned into a mindless blood-sucking zombie, she imprisons him in a cave and feeds him with her own blood to keep him "alive"
- In Vampire Academy, Mori vampires have human volunteers around to feed off of. However, given the effects of long term feeding, consent can get...questionable. Their Dhampir bodyguards could offer some blood in a pinch.
- A common trope in the Vampire Chronicles.
- The teenage Armand plays this to Marius, the mysterious reclusive gentleman he has become romantically involved with, allowing him to feed on him in a Lover and Beloved-type relationship until Marius eventually turns him.
- Daniel, after his plot-catalyzing Interview with the Vampire, tracks down Armand and requests to be turned himself. Armand resists for a while, but in the meantime regularly feeds on Daniel.
- Fevre Dream is about a friendship that develops between a human and a Friendly Neighborhood Vampire who has sworn off human blood. Near the end of the novel, the human volunteers his blood so the friendly vampire will have the strength to defeat the distinctly unfriendly vampire Big Bad.
- The Anno Dracula series has several instances of humans offering their blood to friendly vampires, as well as several less purely voluntary variations, such as poor people with no job prospects finding employment as living beverage kegs in vampire pubs. On the more friendly side, the human Charles and the vampire Genevieve develop a long-lasting friendship that includes the occasional friendly snack, which is suggested to confer health benefits to Charles and contribute to him living to a ripe old age.
- In Fledgling, the Ina vampires have compounds of humans with whom they live in symbiosis: vampires get blood, humans get improved health and extended lifespans, and both get very emotionally invested in the relationship. Whether it's Getting Smilies Painted on Your Soul is debatable, since it overrides the human's original sexual preferences and causes fatal withdrawal symptoms if they back out after a certain point, but for many, it's More Than Mind Control.
- Being Human (US): Three "monster" roommates live together and make a pact to keep each other on the straight and narrow, which for them means not feeding on or harming humans. Sometimes, they need help sticking to the pact.
- In one episode, Sally, a ghost, is being possessed and goes into a fugue state. While in fugue, Sally seals all exits to the house she shares with her roommates, locking in Josh, a werewolf who will soon transform because of the full moon, Aidan, a vampire who hasn't fed in days, and Zoe, a human that is unaware of the danger she is in. Josh offers his own blood to keep Aidan from feeding on Zoe who is unaware that Josh and Aidan are anything other than human.
- Sally learns a spell that allows her to have a tangible physical body which is euphoric after years of existing only to the monsters whose own supernatural abilities allow them to see her. However, she finds out that in order to maintain the body, she has to feed on human flesh, the fresher the better. To keep her from feeding on normal humans, Aidan offers to be her food source, reasoning that he has regenerative powers as part of his vampirism. That does not keep the process from being insanely painful, though.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: In the season 3 finale the vampire Angel has been poisoned and the only cure is Slayer blood. Buffy tries to capture rogue slayer Faith for her blood, but when Faith escapes Buffy gives Angel herself. He feeds a lot and she ends up in the hospital for blood loss.
- It's revealed in season five that there's an actual market for this kind of thing. Humans pay or otherwise volunteer to be non lethally sucked on by vampires. Buffy discovers this when she learns her current boyfriend Riley has been "donating".
- In Community episode "Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps", a subplot involves Britta being Vampire Jeff's casual blood donor. He keeps her in a closet for when his Horror Hunger comes. She looks all pale and covered in bite wounds. But she claims she is fine with that treatment.
- In Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency Amanda starts hanging out with the Rowdy Three because their feeding on her fear relieves her neurological disorder.
- In Forever Knight Nick is a Vegetarian Vampire who feeds on cow blood and the very occasional pint of donated blood from a blood bank; but once in a while when the urge is upon him he calls upon his fellow vampire Jeanette who allows him to feed on her.
- In Lost Girl, main protagonist Bo is a succubus who feeds on the sexual chi of others, usually during sex as the chi is strongest when the donor is sexually aroused. It is established earlier in the series that she accidentally killed her first boyfriend when she was unable to control her pull during her first sexual encounter. While she is first learning to control her powers, Dyson, a wolf-shifter with regenerative powers, willingly serves as her food source. Later, when she has more control, she shifts to Lauren, a human doctor who works for the Fae and with whom Bo shares a mutual attraction.
- Moonlight: Some vampires like Josef Kostan prefer to keep a harem of human women (or men) to feed on occasionally. They usually don't mind.
- Stargate Atlantis: Sheppard willingly offers up his life force to a Wraith in order to give said Wraith enough energy to defeat their pursuers and ensure their escape. Of course, this forces him to trust the Wraith to give it back afterward. He does.
- In season 2 of The Vampire Diaries, Stephan is trying to wean himself back on human blood for a power boost against the increasing number of enemies popping up. His girlfriend Elena offers her blood.
- In GURPS Technomancer, the effects of Kiss of the Vampire are so pleasurable, it's possible to become addicted to it.
- In Vampire: The Requiem, the "Herd" Merit grants a pool of willing victims that a vampire can automatically get blood from, which can represent anything from random people who've become addicted to the Kiss of the Vampire to a Cult founded in the vampire's name.
- In Little Shop of Horrors, when Seymour accidentally discovers that the Audrey II plant feeds on human blood, he feeds it his own.
- Guilty Gear: Slayer the vampire regularly feeds off the blood of his wife, Sharon. She's okay with it, because she's an immortal.
- In The Sims 3 vampire Sims can feed from Sims they are friends with, which gives the vampire a +15 moodlet for 8 hours. Though the interaction is started by the vampire, the non-vampire Sim involved always seems happy to oblige.
- The Sims 4 has a Vampires game pack, where vampires can avoid making enemies out of victims and witnesses by asking for permission to drink someone's plasma. Developing a friendship before asking makes it more likely that permission will be given. The Good Vampire aspiration requires getting permission to drink from two different sims for one of its milestones, and the reward trait greatly boosts the likelihood that even random strangers will offer the vampire their wrist.
- The Halloween Episode of The Freshman has Kaitlyn turn into a vampire. Her friends volunteer to be blood sucked, and also ask others to give Kaitlyn a drink or two.
- Subverted in Eerie Cuties, when Nina told Chloe she was starving, Chloe assumed Nina wanted to feed on her and panicked. But soon relented and offered Nina her neck, except Nina was busy scarffing down Chloe's chocolate.
- In the LGBT Webcomic Grant, one way to satisfy the hunger of a werewolf without getting eaten is french kissing the said werewolf. The eponymous werewolf discovered it that way, with added copulation.
- In The Order of the Stick, when Durkon is turned into a vampire, the other party members decide to take turns feeding him and then using his own clerical magic to bring them back up to full health (except for Belkar, who does not trust Vampire Durkon).
- In this strip of Wondermark, a girl gives herself up to a blood-thirsty psychopath because she mistook him for a vampire who she thought could turn her into a vampire also.
- Rick and Morty: A variation of this done in a very squicky manner (all played for very dark humor. You have been warned) in the Season 3 episode "The ABC's of Beth". Tommy, a grown man by the present, was stranded in Froopyland (a dimension Rick Sanchez created as a play area for his daughter) and only had a honey to subsist on initially. Eventually he mated with the indigenous creatures of Froopyland and would eat these Half-Human Hybrid creatures as a source of meat. The hybrid creatures willingly gave Tommy their flesh and just born infants to eat.
- The Ripping Friends: In this parody Superhero cartoon, after Slab (one of the eponymous superheroes) resolves a beef shortage due to cows being held hostage by the Ovulator, he is rewarded by one of the cows. The cow in question does this by literally cutting out a pound of her flesh for Slab to make a steak out of later.
- In a The Simpsons episode Homer dreams of Adam and Eve. In that dream Adam (Homer) has a talking pig as his best friend, who offers Adam to eat parts of him. Since he is in Eden, he doesn't feel pain and it heals back very rapidly.