In the world of My Hero Academia, a Pro Hero named Visionary has experienced visions of a future full of darkness and despair coming. Seeking a way to avoid it, he has gathered seven spheres to summon a giant magical dragon of legends, to whom he wishes for a hero to come to his world, one who can become a beacon of hope for the people and an example for future heroes to follow. Once his wish is granted, the villain army chasing him catches up, and he lets himself smile one more time before bracing for the inevitable, knowing that his duty is done...
Meanwhile, in the Dragon Ball world, Son Gohan is in the middle of his final clash against Super Perfect Cell. But right when he manages to get the chance to finish Cell off, a sphere of strange dark energy appears in front of Gohan, sucking him into a void of darkness, and reappearing in an unknown location. Tired and wounded from his previous battle with Cell, Gohan collapses into unconsciousness.
He later wakes up in a hospital, and after a while, he finally realizes he's somehow been ripped out of his world and thrown into another, seemingly with no way to go back to his own. Despite the initial despair, upon learning of how in this new world people have varied powers known as Quirks, and superheroes are a thing, Gohan finally decides to make the best of what he can and try and adapt to become . Inspired by a news report featuring All Might, and gaining instant admiration for the man, Gohan decides to make use of his abilities to become a Pro Hero.
Six years later, Gohan prepares to attend the U.A, the most prestigious Hero school in Japan, to pursue his new goal to become a Pro Hero, while at the same time trying to balance his time and hide the fact that he's already gotten a head start by using a Secret Identity known as "the Golden Blur".
A Spanish translation of the story is available here.
The Symbol of Peace and Justice provides trope examples of:
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Non-sexual variant in the Cavalry Battle. When Bakugo explodes in insults and threats towards Gohan's team, Ochaco takes offense because she was the only one he didn't threaten. She then explains it's because that means Bakugo isn't taking her seriously as a competitor.
- Ascended Extra: Sato Rikido, one of the characters who's had less focus in MHA, quickly becomes a major supporting character and Gohan's best friend.
- Berserk Button: Downplayed; while he hasn't exploded in rage over it, Gohan seems to have a sensitive spot whenever somebody brings up the fact he's got no family.
- Big Eater: Both Gohan and Sato bond over loving to eat a lot.
- Bridal Carry: During the Hero vs. Villain exercise, Gohan carries Momo this way to protect her when Todoroki's ice reaches their room.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Gohan has a fair bit of this, and since he doesn't want to wait until he's got a Hero License to help people, he does so in secret as the Golden Blur.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Being leagues over the rest of his peers, Gohan quickly takes out Todoroki and Shoji during the Hero vs. Villain exercise.
- Demoted to Extra: Mineta ends up in Class 1-B as oppossed to 1-A, due to Gohan taking up his slot.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: As per canon, this is a major issue for Bakugo, who explodes in rage when Gohan gives him back his stolen headband and rejects it on account of not wanting "charity" from him.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Mineta Minoru and Kendo Itsuka have brief appearances during the entry exam when Gohan helps them. They're later properly introduced during the Sports Festival.
- For Want of a Nail: By virtue of Gohan getting thrown into the MHA world. Some of the major changes include:
- In the entry exam, Gohan scores 56 Villain Points and 90 Rescue Points, knocking Bakugo down to second place. This later gets him choosen for the opening speech at the Sports Festival.
- Due to his activities as the Golden Blur, Gohan manages to take off some of the events that delay All Might for the U.S.J incident, resulting in All Might being present and at full strength when it happens. He even helps in defeating the Noumu.
- When the voting for Class President goes underway, it ends in a three-way tie between Momo, Gohan and Izuku. When they go sort it out amongst themselves, Momo volunteers for being President, while Gohan accepts being Vice-President as Izuku doesn't want the position.
- In the Sports Festival, Gohan manages to clear the obstacle race with ease, albeit having to take Mineta along because he stuck to his hand and refused to let go of him. As a result, the ten million points from canon are split in half between the two for the Cavalry Battle.
- For the Cavalry Battle, Izuku and Ochaco team up with Gohan and Sato, leaving Hatsume Mei out right when they've filled the slots and forcing her to team up with Hitoshi Shinso in lieu of Aoyama. Likewise, Tokoyami is later seen teaming up with Mineta, Tsuyu and Shoji.
- Genius Bruiser: Aside from his incredible power, Gohan is also very academically gifted student, always at the top of his classes.
- Hero-Worshipper: Gohan, like many other students, looks up to All Might and aspires to be as great as a hero as him one day.
- Honor Before Reason: When Gohan offers Team Bakugo their headband back after taking it from Monoma, Bakugo and Kirishima refuse to accept it, partly because they want to earn it fairly. Ashido and Sero, on the other hand, decide to swallow their pride and accept the help because they want to stay in the competition.
- In Spite of a Nail:
- In the U.S.J. incident, despite Gohan knocking them out with ease, Shigaraki Tomura and Kurogiri manage to slip away.
- Izuku manages to clear the race ahead of Bakugo and Todoroki the same way he did in canon, although he ends in third place as opposed to first.
- For the Cavalry Battle, Bakugo and Todoroki form the same teams as in canon.
- For an In-Universe example, the prologue reveals that the Dragon Balls exist in the MHA world as well.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: After several teams try (and fail) to get Gohan's headband during the Cavalry Battle, they decide to back off and stop going after him, realizing it'll be futile.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Mineta, quickly seeing how strong Gohan is, decides to stick to his hand and refuses to let go so Gohan will carry him all the way during the obstacle race. As a result, Gohan decides to make sure he does not enjoy the ride. Moreover, he get a five million points for the Cavalry Battle, marking him as a target once people realice they can't take them off Gohan, and while he manages to slip away for the most part, right at the end Todoroki freezes his team and snatches the headband from him.
- Likes Clark Kent, Hates Superman: Downplayed; Momo makes it clear she's very disapproving of the Golden Blur's actions, while she gets along with Gohan just fine.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Bakugo admires the Golden Blur unaware that he's Gohan, whom he clearly despises since their run-in during the entry exam.
- Morton's Fork: For Gohan, having to take part in the Sports Festival is this. On the one hand, by not taking part he would send his classmates the wrong message and look like he doesn't respect them. On the other hand, by taking part, since he's too much stronger than any of them, he can easily breeze through the competition and steal the spotlight from them, while at the same time drawing unwanted attention to himself.
- Not a Date: When Ashido invites Gohan to go to the movies, he becomes flustered at the thought that she's asking him out on a date. Ashido quickly clears up that she just wants to hang out as friends, nothing more.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: While the U.A. has plenty of talented students, all of them pale in comparison to Gohan.
- Parental Substitute: Dr. Shuzenji becomes Gohan's legal guardian.
- Secret Identity: The Golden Blur is the identity Gohan uses to do heroism acts in secret, as he'd be arrested for vigilantism due to not having yet a Hero License.
- Secret Keeper: So far, Sato is the only person to whom Gohan has come clean about his status of being from another world, as well as his activities as the Golden Blur.
- Shout-Out: Several.
- In Chapter 2, Gohan faces against a gang of criminals clearly based on Sir Crocodile and his top ranking agents in Baroque Works.
- In Chapter 3, after exiting Giuseppe's bakery, Gohan spots a couple with their son about to get mugged by a thug with a gun, so he rushes in to help them.
- Several videogame franchises like Super Mario and Street Fighter are mentioned throughout the story. Gohan even incorporates moves from the latter into his fighting style.
- Sato outrights mentions Kinnikuman as his inspiration for his hero costume.
- The Golden Blur movie Ashido and Gohan watch includes references to several major superhero franchises, including Superman, Spider-Man, Batman and The Flash.
- During the Cavalry Battle, Sato and Gohan mention the former learned to use a lasso from watching Shanghai Noon. Sato later starts delivering a barrage of punches while yelling "ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!"
- Superpower Lottery: Anybody who meets Gohan agrees that his Super Strength, Flight and Energy Projection abilities is very much this.
- The Rival: Todoroki challenges Gohan before the start of the Sports Festival, and Gohan accepts his challenge. To an extent, Bakugo too wants to one-up Gohan, as he's very bitter since the latter saved the former during the entry exam.
- Time Skip: The first two chapters take place within days of Gohan appearing in the MHA world. The third chapter then begins when he's about to enter high school.
- Too Much Information: When Sato asks Mineta if his armpit and pubic hair are also sticky like his head, Gohan demands that he doesn't answer the question, since he does not need to know that.
- Trapped in Another World: The whole premise is about Gohan being trapped in the My Hero Academia world.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: While they're best friends, Sato and Gohan tend to bicker a lot with each other over silly things.
- Willfully Weak: Gohan is way more powerful than any of his peers, but he tends to hold back to avoid showing off too much and also give them the chance to prove themselves. Aizawa deconstructs this type of thinking as it'll give off false impressions.