open/close all folders
Contains some unmarked spoilers
The main protagonist, played by Barbie. Annika is a free-spirited princess who loves ice skating and sets out to build the Wand of Light to save her family and kingdom.
- The Atoner: After realising her parents' overprotectiveness was justified, she feels awful about her earlier treatment of them and seeks to make things right.
Voiced by: Lalaina Lindbjerg; Manjola Merlika (Albanian dub), Myrra Malmberg (Swedish dub), Beata Jankowska-Tzimas (Polish dub), Afrodita Androne (Romanian dub)
The secondary protagonist. She is a talking pegasus who was once human, but was cursed by Wenlock. She helps Annika on her quest to make the Wand of Light in the hopes of breaking her curse.
- Baleful Polymorph: She was turned into a pegasus by Wenlock for refusing to marry him. She is turned human again by the end.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Wenlock tries to force Annika into marrying him immediately after turning everyone else to stone, she swoops down from the sky to recuse her.
- Big Sister Instinct: She has been secretly watching over Annika for years and goes to great lengths to protect her and is actually revealed to be Annika's older sister.
- Broken Bird: Has shades of this due to having given up hope of ever breaking her curse.
- Cursed With Awesome: To an extent. As a pegasus, she can fly and is faster and stronger than a human. But, understandably, she'd still rather be human.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was cursed by an evil wizard, on her birthday of all days, after she refused to marry him and, unable to bear her parents' sadness after they failed to break the curse, she ran (or rather flew) away, only returning to secretly watch over her younger sister who doesn't even know she exists.
- Grumpy Bear: Compared to most of the heroes, being rather cynical and having given up hope. She gets better.
- Long-Lost Relative: Turns out to be Annika's older sister, who left before she was born after being turned into a pegasus.
- Older Than They Look: She should be nearly two decades older than Annika, but still looks the same age after becoming human(this could be Handwaved by magic).
- Pink Means Feminine / Princesses Prefer Pink: In the flashbacks to her as a human and when she's turned human again, she wears a pink dress. As a pegasus, she has a pink coat and mane.
- Princess Classic: After her curse is broken. Like Annika, she's compassionate, pretty and has a love for animals.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Annika's red. She is generally very organized, practical and nice.
- Took a Level in Idealism: Annika's optimism and Determinator attitude starts to rub off her and she becomes a lot more hopeful over the course of the film.
A wandering blacksmith who joins Annika on her quest for the Wand of the Light.
- The Atoner: He seeks to pay back the debt he owes to his parents, which he accidentally caused.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Annika.
- The Blacksmith: His occupation. Annika hires him specifically because he has the skills to forge the Wand of Light.
- Converse with the Unconscious: Does this to Annika when shes been knocked unconscious, begging her to wake up.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He gambled away his parents' life-savings, causing him to leave home out of shame, believing they would never forgive him unless he paid them back.
- Deadpan Snarker: He can be pretty snarky at times. Possibly a bit of a Stepford Snarker.
- Disney Death: In the climax he is seemingly knocked from a ledge into the water and presumably drowns. However, a few moments later, he climbs back up, revealing he survived.
- Distressed Dude: During the final confrontation with Wenlock he gets pinned down by Wenlock's griffin, leaving only Annika to save the day.
- Easily Forgiven: His parents instantly forgive him when he finally returns home and apologises for gambling away their savings, saying theyll always love him.
- The Gambler: Was one in the past, which caused him to lose all his parents' money.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Though he acts like a rude, cynical Jerkass at times, he's a good and selfless person at heart, with this becoming more prominent as the film goes on.
- My Greatest Failure: Gambling away his parents' money.
- My Greatest Second Chance: He regards getting a gem of ice for himself as one, as he can use it to pay off his parents debts.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: In his backstory, he tried to earn more money for his parents by gambling. It backfired horribly and he lost everything.
- Only in It for the Money: At first, though his intentions are benevolent he needs it to pay back his parents after he lost their money gambling.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: In regards to Annika when Ferris asks if theyre shopping for engagement rings.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Occasionally engages in this with Annika.