Doctor Stiles: ALL IN A DAY'S WORK!! note
Nonsensical, almost YouTube Poop-ish animated shorts parodies, created by Egoraptor. Usually affectionate, mostly hosted on Newgrounds, starting with the Metal Gear Awesome series and, like The Abridged Series, spawning Awesome clones. Titles often go as such: Grand Theft Awesome, Awesomefield, and so on.
Their main weapons are exaggerating characters and flaws as well as random humor.
Provides Examples Of:
- Angrish: Gears of Awesome
- Annoying Video Game Helper:
- Answers to the Name of God: In Metal Gear Awesome, any time Snake shouts something to the effect of "Jesus Christ!", the Son of God Himself immediately responds, usually with a chill attitude. Used for Toilet Humor in Metal Gear Awesome 2 while Otacon is pissing himself.Otacon: Oh my god, I'm so scared! [blubbering as urine sprays everywhere]
Gray Fox: AW SHIT DAWG! THIS IS DISGUSTING! OH MY GOD, THIS IS DISGUSTING AS HELL!
Snake: Hey guys, what's goin o- OH GAW, JESUS CHRIST, UGH!
Jesus: Hey man, you called- OH GOD! OH GOD!
God: Hey guys, what's- OH JEEZ! AW, THERE'S PISS EVERYWHERE, GAH! WHY'D I EVEN INVENT PISS IT'S SO GROSS, UGH!
- Art Evolution: The animation quality has noticeably improved since the first few installments. This was deliberate. While Metal Gear Awesome was animated with limited knowledge of flash animation, subsequent awesome cartoons were purposefully done sloppily at the request of MTV, who originally hosted them. Once Egoraptor was no longer animating for them, he was free to do them with as much production value as he cared to, compare Awesome Crossing and Awesome Center with their Reduxes and Awesome the Hedgehog to Awesome Chaotix (the 'sequel').
- Art Shift: When Snake says "Fine, jeez."◊
- Ascended Meme: David Hayter saying "OHMYGODHOTNESSIWANNABANGYOU!" Even better when Egoraptor himself says it BACK to him.
- Axe-Crazy: Marcus and Dom in Gears of Awesome.
- Barely-There Swimwear: In Dead or Awesome Extreeeme the three players have the option of actually playing beach volleyball or relaxing by the pool. The player character then asks what type or bathing suit they want her to wear.Player Character: Would you like me to wear this elaborate, well designed bathing suit that shows off none of my body, OR this one that's just a bunch of strings?
Players: [in unison] Isn't it obvious?
Player Character: Well then, you'll just have to actually play the game! Ha haha!
- Because Destiny Says So / The Chosen One: Legend of Awesome.Navi: You have to saaaaaaave the world.
Link: That's FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!
Navi: It's your responsibility.
Link: Oh, well I guess that makes sense.
- Berserk Button:
- In Awesome Noire, mentioning to the police chief that he has a "double-chin thing".
- The release of PokeAwesome happened to coincide with Skyrim's release and the arrow to the knee meme, so the inevitable 'I took a solar beam to the knee' comments really pissed Arin off, especially since it was not intended to be a Skyrim reference.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Snake's eyebrows defy description.
- Big "OMG!": The Villager in Awesome Crossing Redux, when Bianca asks him to draw on him.
- Big "WHAT?!": A rather epic one from Derek in Awesome Center Redux.
- Character Exaggeration: Ranging from the Gears of War being raging jocks in Gears of Awesome to Mei Ling being annoying.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Averted in Awesome Gaiden.
- Deranged Animation: All of them, but reaches its zenith in the completely insane Awesome Reach.
- The Ditz: Pokémon Ash is flanderized to this from his usual Idiot Hero personality.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Just try listening to Awesome Reach and not think of a seriously hardcore gay sex scene.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Vector in Awesome Chaotix.
- Everything's Deader with ZombiesTyler Chase: Doctor, my sister has cancer... ZOMBIE CANCER!!!
- Extreme Omnivore: Solid Snake eats a gun in Metal Gear Awesome and a locker in Metal Gear Awesome 2.
- Mocked in Dead or Awesome: EXTREEEEME
- Mocked differently in Awesome Gaiden:Ryu: HEY! There's a ninja with huge boobs over there.
EgoRaptor: A-ah cool?
Ryu: IT WOULD BE IF YOU WEREN'T GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED SO HARD!
- Fast-Forward Gag: Used as a quick joke in Metal Gear Awesome, skipping over the scene where Otacon narrates his backstory... and pausing halfway to find Snake and Otacon about to make out.
- Flat Joy:Navi: You saaaaved the wooorld!
The World: Whoo-hoo.
- Follow the Bouncing Ball: Gears of Awesome. "WHERE'S MY WIIIIIIIIIFE?!"
- Follow the Leader: Many fans have tried to emulate his style, with varying results. (Examples: Halo: Awesome Evolved and Awesome's Creed)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Guns of the Awesome was pretty good too.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Across several videos, even the stand-alone shorts. The credits to "Mr. Literal", for example, features part of the Pokerap (Electrode to Butterfree) as well as part of the credits to the movie Amazing Grace.
- Gag Penis: The players of Halo Reach get comically large erections once they start playing.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: Taken to exteme levels in Awesome Reach
- Genius Loci: The Earth in Legend of Awesome, giving a flat "woo-hoo" upon being saved.
- Guide Dang It!:
- Metal Gear Awesome"Do you seriously think this is fucking fair?"
"YA KNOW? SERIOUSLY. I'M GETTING A LITTLE FUCKING PISSED OFF!"
- Ironic, since The Colonel was supposed to tell Snake how to contact Meryl (and, in the sequel toon, how to defeat Psycho Mantis), but Snake killed him.
- And in Awesome Gaiden:"Hey you bitch, I'm the strategy guide. You can't mess with me!"
"Thank god you're here."
"Don't worry pal, I'll sav—[stab]"
- Metal Gear Awesome
- HA HA HA—No: Metal Gear Awesome.Snake: Why is there a helicopter in the background?
Miller: That's my stomach, I'm hungry.
Snake: Hungry for worms?
Miller: No, hungry for wooooooords!
Snake: HahahahaSHUT UP! >:(
- The Hand Is God: In "Metal Gear Awesome", Jesus calls out God's name in disgust when Otacon gushes out urine on the entire room. God appears in this form, and wonders aloud why He created humans to produce this gross stuff.
- Hypocritical Humor: In PokeAwesome, Pikachu yells at Venusaur for attacking him because his trainer said so and criticizes him for not walking away, but Pikachu was following Ash's orders and throwing Venusaur like a ragdoll because Ash told him to. Plus, he attacked first.
- Ho Yay: In-Universe in "Metal Gear Awesome", between Snake and Otacon while Egoraptor tries to fast forward through the gameOtacon: ...are you coming on to me?!
Snake: [To Egoraptor] Grrawwl, what?! Why the fuck did you stop on this part?!?!
Egoraptor: Oh, sorry...
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: The word "Awesome" gets painfully crammed into every video title.
- I Fell for Hours:
- In Awesome Cracks DownThe Agent: Why the hell are you making fun of me? I just got exploded. Seriously. I mean look at me, I'm still flyin' through the air, and who knows where the hell I'm going to land. And even then I'm still going to be on fire. God.
- The Prince of Awesome is basically the eponymous Prince falling down a cliff for about a minute, at which point he resets time and gets dragged back up the cliff, before falling down the cliff again.
- In Awesome Cracks Down
- Insurmountable Waist-High Fence: Lampshaded in Resident Awesome 4
- Jesus Was Way Cool: Jesus appears in Metal Gear Awesome and fixes Snake's ear and talks like a hippie.
- Jive Turkey:
- Awesome the Hedgehog:Sonic: Hey maaaaan, let's go save the world duuuuude, fo' rizzle!
Knuckles: Yo yo yo B boy, that shit's fo' reel, mothafucka! Shit. Bitch. Fuckin' ass and blat blat!
- Pretty much 90% of the dialogue in Awesome Chaotix
- Gray Fox/Deepthroat in Metal Gear Awesome 2 (but not in the original).
- Barret in the prototypical Final Fantasy VII parodies.
- Awesome the Hedgehog:
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Pikachu freaks out over a knee injury in PokeAwesome: Just A Pokemon Battle.
- Mood Whiplash: Awesome Chaotix starts off wacky but then suddenly kills off everyone. The survivor is not OK with this.
- Nintendo Hard: Awesome Gaiden.Ryu: Oh, you think that's hard!? I'M JUST THE TUTORIAL LEVEL! THAT'S THE NEXT LEVEL OVER THERE! [cut to army of buff ninjas]
Buff Ninja: What's up?
EgoRaptor: Oh God, help me!
Ryu: GOD CAN'T HELP YOU NOW!
- Not With the Safety On, You Won't: Metal Gear Awesome.Snake: [to Meryl] The safety's on! [grabs her gun, twists it into a balloon dog, and eats it]
- Oh, Crap!: Awesome GaidenStrategy Guide: Hey, you bitch! I'm the Strategy Guide! You can't mess with me!
EgoRaptor: Thank God you're here!
Strategy Guide: Don't worry, pal. I'll sa-[stabbed, Ryu stares menacingly]
EgoRaptor: Oh, God...
- Only Sane Woman: Tifa in Awesome Fantasy 7. Though it's not so much "sane" as "willing to actually fight without angsting".
- Pals with Jesus: Metal Gear Awesome shows Jesus aiding Snake a couple of times.Jesus: It's cooool.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: In the first Metal Gear Awesome video, Liquid is wearing a shirt that says "Not Liquid" during his codec call with Snake.
- Played for Laughs: The entire point of the series.
- Pokémon Speak: Enforced... sorta. Venusaur and Pikachu are both capable of speaking proper English. In Venusaur's case, he'll say what he means, and then correct himself with "I mean, Venusaur." In Pikachu's case, he doesn't start speaking English until he takes a solarbeam to the knee.
- Precision F-Strike:
- Eggman in Awesome the HedgehogEggman: Sonic will fall right into my trap.
Minion: But Tails is with him, sir!
- Also used in Awesome KongKong: Ah, it's no big deal, I mean, what are the odds...
[Jumpman takes Pauline]
- Eggman in Awesome the Hedgehog
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Gears of Awesome: "WHERE'S! MY! WIFE!"
- Complete with a sing-along bouncing O-face... dude... guy... thing from Awesome Center.
- From Awesome Reach:Player: Ready doesn't even! Fucking!! DESCRIBE IT!!!
- Re-Cut: Awesome Crossing and Awesome Center got reduxes, which are extended versions of the original shorts with extra jokes and much higher quality art.
- Shown Their Work: Many of these parodies, no matter how deranged or random, show that Egoraptor has played the games before. For example, Snake hiding cigarettes in his stomach, ridiculous as it sounds, was actually in the game, and Meryl's Codec number is actually the same one from the game.
- Suddenly Shouting: The transition from seriousness to weirdness in Awesome Center is rather... abrupt.Angie: There are deep lacerations in the sternum... WHERE ALIENS HAVE TAKEN OVER HIS BOAAAAAAAADYYY!!!
- Surreal Humor: The parodies of the subjects are so extreme that they become this, as well as the expressions. Dear God, the expressions.
- Take That!:
- Awesome Reach is essentially one long insult to fans of Halo: Reach.
- Awesomefield, a fan-made contribution, has a low opinion of the movie.
- PSP Squirrels!
- Considering The Legend of Awesome goes off of Ocarina of Time's plot, and Egoraptor has since gone on record stating that he dislikes that particular game, this might be seen as one in hindsight.
- Arin also hates most Sonic the Hedgehog games, meaning Awesome the Hedgehog and Awesome Chaotix count as well.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!:
- Awesome Gaiden: "Hey, you bitch! I'm the strategy guide!"
- PokeAwesome 2: After Brock gives Ash a gym badge for his resourcefulness, he tries to convince Ash that he really wasn't defeated, even though Ash wants to display to the world that he defeated Brock. Later that night, he finds Ash fucking his wife.Ash: DEFEATED NOW, BITCH!?
- Unstoppable Rage:
- Clyde from Pac AwesomePinky: Wow, dude. You suck.
Clyde: SHUT THE FUCK UP! [bites off Pinky's head]
[Blinky backs away slowly]
- Ryu In Awesome Gaiden. Not even the Strategy Guide could stop him!
- Clyde from Pac Awesome
- Viewers Are Geniuses: The "Hungry for Worms?"/"Hungry for Words" exchange in Metal Gear Awesome, at first glance, seems like a case of the Awesome Series' usual utter nonsense, but it is actually an obscure reference to a set of 1980's PSAs from the "Reading is Fundamental" educational campaign. According to one interview with Egoraptor, "It’s one of those things that when you are a kid, sticks in your head and for some reason known only to you, it remains funny."
- Waterfall Puke: Pikachu in PokeAwesome
- What the Hell, Hero?: Pikachu delivers one to Ash and Venusaur after his knee injury, pointing out some of the Fridge Logic behind the Pokémon series.
- You Just Told Me: From the first Metal Gear Awesome:Psycho Mantis: You like men!
Snake: You can see into my mind?
Psycho Mantis: No.