Amateur translator, voracious book reader and all-around nerd. Also an infrequent contributor in GameFAQs (mostly saves) and Fight A Base (mostly anime and asian DOS / arcade games). Don't mind the nickname, I wanted an exotic throwaway account and I was playing Power Instinct Legends at the time. Feel free to correct any wrong stuff I write.
Useless things I've written about here:
- Bug Catching and Mon video games (especially obscure ones), and the strong link between the two concepts.
- Chinese Vampire: Mr. Vampire's influence in the genre, and the many video game homages to it and Hello Dracula.
- Cho Aniki's wacky cast.
- Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover. What can I say, I loved that game...
- The Fad Super effect's influence on Tokusatsu history (and a bunch of anime examples).
- Gekiga manga authors.
- The Hissatsu TV jidaigeki series and its influence on many popular anime.
- Jidaigeki: Minor video games I'll someday write about indepth, like Yoshitsune Eiyuuden or Kengo and its many sequels.
- Ikki Kajiwara and his importance on manga history, especially in the spokon and martial arts genres.
- Kenka Bancho: some minor stuff, although lengthy character pages are on the works.
- Gachitora!'s Soul Nude Battle system.
- Rocky III: Wrestling matches against boxers that influenced the Rocky-Thunderlips fight.
- Samurai Shodown's character page (around 5-10% of the stuff), especially shout-outs and weapon translations. I've also written about the Moveset Clone characters.
- Space Battleship Yamato: The races' parallels to real-world nations, and its reasonably good video games.
- Some of the many shout-outs in fighting games as Street Fighter and The King of Fighters.
- Suruga-Jō Gozen Jiai and Bukon Emaki, the two source novels to Shigurui.
- Licensed anime / tokusatsu games, both good and bad. Lots of them.
Stuff to come:
- Bakuon Rettou manga entry. Probably one of my favorite japanese comic book reads.
- Takayuki Yamaguchi's untranslated works, such as Exoskull Zero and Efu no Shichinin.