Fight-A-Base is a website cataloging pretty much every fighting video game known to man. The site was developed by an individual known as "Fenix" and has many notable contributors with quirky personalities. Some of the more prominent of which are:
- Fenix: The webmaster/site guru himself. Frequently frustrated by the site's tendency to break without provocation.*riot_iori*: Expert in various SNK Playmore and games with girls in the lead, as well as costume submission.Pokejedservo: Seems to specialize in Licensed Games, is characterized by a cabbage-patching Mega Man avatar.The S: Apparent man of many aliases and vocations. Runs the Fight-A-Base Facebook page, also specializes in obscure crap.redmankilla: Fond of movelist submission.MelvanaInChains: A transgender woman who prefers obscure oddball fighting games such as Battle Monsters. Was part of the M.U.G.E.N community, having made a number of things for it including Alter Amiba, an edit of Amiba from Fist of the North Star (Ironically a sprite edit of Toki) which is now the de facto mascot of Salty Bet. Is no longer interested in the MUGEN community due to issues she had with it, although she still returns to the engine on occasion. Currently spending most of her time on Twitter and on Twitch streaming games such as Fire Pro Wrestling World...where she has indeed made Battle Monsters characters among others.FlyingFist: All-around contributor, doesn't seem to have a specialty, but hits all aspects pretty equally.Coola Yagami: Prominent reviewer.
Tropes demonstrated by the site and submitters include:
- Black and Nerdy: Fenix
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Several attempted submitters that obsess over strange details such as a character's bust size (or lack thereof), a character's portrayal in Fan Art, or are just plain nonsensical.
- There's also Michael Simpson, who is not known to be any of the contributors, but prominently asks bizarre questions/requests on the Facebook page.
- arringtastic(insert random number here) is almost an Eldritch Abomination. After months of submitting fake information and non-image files as images, she pretended to not be fluent in English, but instead Spanish when confronted, then when confronted by someone who spoke Spanish, she made just as little sense. Still attempts to submit information despite insistence that nothing she submits will ever be approved, and she also stalks and threatens other members of the site.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: True to his name, *riot_iori* seems to get ticked off at a lot of things - including his inclusion to this trope.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The S claims to be an anti-fraud agent, ordained minister, voice actor, and a Ninjutsu practitioner.
- Real-Life Relative: Minor contributor XavierBeFree is The S's brother.
- Shout-Out: Many of the tags on characters/stages/games, et cetera are named after popular culture references, including "the_distant_future", "on_a_boat", and "trainspotting".
- Voice Actors: pokejedservo and The S both have experience in this.
- Wiki Walk: A given, considering how much content is on the site.