Hold on. You mean to tell me WILSON got a Self Demonstrating page before me?! Even though I've been tearing down Marvel's fourth wall two years before he even showed up?! You're lucky I'm not nearly as ill-tempered as my bigger cousin, or you'd have one hell of a mess on your hands.
So I might as well introduce myself: the name's Jennifer Walters, and before I became the lean green machine you see today I was the shy daughter of Sheriff Morris Walters and Elaine Banner. My life took a dramatic turn when one of the local crime bosses tried to kill me to get back at my father. Had it been any other day I would've been a goner, but lucky for me my cousin Bruce was in town and he gave me the blood transfusion that saved my life. Little did I know the gamma radiation in his blood would have the same effect on me and would turn me into a raging green giant too: a She-Hulk if you will.
At first I transformed whenever I got scared, but eventually I was able to control my change at will. And once I got a grip on my own emotional holdups (the less we dive into that the better), I became the sensational gal you see today! While the old me was shy, mousey, and a bit of a stick, the new me is strong, confident, and the life of the party!
And don't think for a second I'm just some girly sidekick for my cousin. Ever since I've been turning green I've been an Avenger, one of the Fantastic Four, a Defender, a Hero for Hire, a Lady Liberator...let's just say I've been a busy girl. Heck, I even get to lead my own team in A-Force!
Like I said, I've been Breaking the Fourth Wall before Wade took over that schtick (Thanks John!). That said, I have used the comics themselves as legal records for whenever I have a case that involves superheroes. Just because I'm a Hulk doesn't mean I'm all muscle you know.
Feel free to go back to my main page if you want. Or you can hang out here and get to know me personally. C'mon, you know want to!
She-Hulk provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Duh. It's what you get when The Hulk is in your blood.
- The Adjectival Superhero: I got saddled with two adjectives, if you can believe it. They called me "The Savage She-Hulk" first, and then I was "The Sensational She-Hulk". It's Marvel; they're big on alliteration.
- Amazonian Beauty: You better believe it! Though Depending on the Artist I'm either a 7 foot supermodel or a female power lifter. Go figure.
- Arch-Enemy: Titania. That woman needs therapy; she REALLY despises me. On the non-super-powered side, Mallory Book, a coworker at a prestigious law firm branching out into superhuman law, took an instant dislike to me, and made it something of her mission in life to screw with me professionally, even representing the @#$%^&* LEADER at trial. And calling me as a witness. Let's just say it's a good thing for Mallory that I'm a lot more even-tempered than Bruce.
- Boobs of Steel: HEY. Where do you think you're looking?
- Brainy Brunette: As Jennifer Walters, anyway. As She-Hulk, it's more dark green.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: You think Deadpool's the only one who can do that? I've been known to tear through comic pages to get to where I need to go as well!
- Character Development: Believe it or not, I was almost as grumpy as my cousin when I started out. It took some time before I became the laid-back gal that you know and love.
- Clothing Damage: Yeah...one of the things I hate about growing two feet and several hundred pounds of muscle. And I like those clothes too! Originally, as the Savage She-Hulk, my "costume" consisted of, apparently, the same ripped slip I wore under all my clothes... how many of those did I buy? Also, despite being (usually) very good friends with Reed Richards, some of my She-Hulk "action" outfits apparently are not made of his great unstable molecules, and rip and tear really easily. Not that any of you guys are complaining, amirite?
- Cursed with Awesome: There's a reason I'm the page image for that trope. Sure, turning green and growing six inches might have taken some getting used to, but now I love it.
- Distaff Counterpart: To my cousin of course. We've got our differences, though: Bruce's big flaw was his repressed angernote , and mine was my crippling shyness. Bruce gets his strength from rage, and I get mine from confidence. And of course, he's a scientist, and I'm an attorney.
- Does Not Like Shoes: It's not that I hate shoes, but I tend to rip them open whenever I Hulk Out. If I know I'm going to be on a mission, I usually put on appropriate footwear.
- Hello, Attorney!: Oh, yeah. As She-Hulk I'm the very definition of sexy, and keep all my lawyer smarts! I've even got nice business suit tailored for all my seven-foot, muscular green glory! Jen's... well, kinda plain, so I guess you could say Played With?
- Fan Disservice: The recent me was gray-skinned with glowing green scars. Not a pretty sight at all.
- But that's nothing compared to my Incredible She-Hulk days way back. Same grey color but I started resembling Bruce in both appearance and speech.
- and it happened again during the fight with Bruce who's now immortal. I really started to resemble Bruce and now with the green to match.
- Fun Personified: My best known trait. You know you love it! At least until I was knocked unconscious by Thanos, and woke up from my coma only to learn that my cousin was murdered, but that's another story...which got concluded but I'm still not quite back to the She-Hulk you all know and love.
- Leotard of Power: My best known outfit. Probably one of the few outfits I own that doesn't rip when I grow, thank God.
- Life of the Party: As you wouldn't believe.
- Male Gaze: I'm a female superhero. Comes with the territory. Sometimes it seems like I can barely turn around without the artists ogling my behind. Whatever... I do squats for a reason.
- Ms. Fanservice: Guess that's what happens when you rip your clothes every time you "suit up." And you know, I like being She-Hulk, why not show it off? I'm gorgeous! Though, somehow, when I became a SHIELD Agent after Civil War, I ended up covered chin-to-toe in a SHIELD uniform, while Agent Cheesecake got to run around in the most Stripperific "uniform" I've ever seen. I have no idea how that happened; clearly I need to review my comic book contracts more closely.
- Never Live It Down: Okay. For the last time, before you get my size 16 (women's) up your back door: I. Did. Not. Sleep. With. Juggernaut. Also, some yahoo thinks that, because I was the first one to bring down a SHIELD Helicarrier (it wasn't my fault, I swear) I'm somehow to blame every time one falls out of the sky. Is that on the Insane Troll Logic page? It should be on the Insane Troll Logic page.
- Really Gets Around: Oh come on, I'm not THAT wild...all the time...Hey, you're kinda cute!
- I once had asked Tony Stark about the Double Standard in this trope, after we'd... debriefed each other. His answer was interrupted by Zzaxx attacking the Helicarrier. Still, I think it would have been very interesting to hear his response, no? I also decided, after I'd become a bounty hunter, that I was through being a "sexual pinball"... and promptly fell into bed with Hercules. Hey, there's worse ways to fall of the wagon, shut up.
- And for the last time, I did not sleep with the Juggernaut! That was an alternate universe version of me who DIDN'T have standards... To be fair, when it showed up in a montage (that Hellcat started without my permission) I apparently thought it was "Annoying, but sweet." I'll take that as the writers acknowledging how I feel about being reminded of that moment.
- Retool: Every time I turn around it seems. I started off as the Savage She-Hulk, where I was basically exactly like my cousin Bruce but with boobs. Then I bounced around between a few teams, before becoming the Sensational She-Hulk, which played up my wacky personality and had me breaking the fourth wall with gleeful abandon. Then I bounced around some more teams, got a graphic novel where I got stuck in my She-Hulk form (but not really), then became the Adjectiveless She-Hulk, where I went to work at a law firm specializing in superhero law. We got a bit more subtle about the whole fourth-wall thing, kinda, using Marvel Comics as legal documents (under the flimsiest excuse ever, if you ask me... but hey, I didn't write it). Then partway through Volume Two I got disbarred (and no, I won't tell you why until you get into the flashback issues) and became a bounty hunter, trying to lay off the whole "hero" thing (which is much harder than it sounds, by the way).
- Statuesque Stunner: Seven feet tall and proud of it!
- Superpowered Evil Side: Hey, I'm not evil! Just your everyday fun-loving gamma-irradiated gal! Though, when Mallory Book (my despicable co-worker at GLK&H) was defending The Leader (still can't believe she did that!) she tried to prove that gamma irradiation affected a person's judgement, trying to draw the analogy that it's like being drunk or on drugs, and so The Leader wasn't responsible for his behavior. To try and prove the point, she actually had the gall to call me as a hostile witness, and have me list off all my sexual partners as She-Hulk versus as Jen Walters. She-Hulk took a long time. Jen... not so much.
- I wouldn't know anything about my current state just yet. So far, I seem to be dealing with the same problem as Bruce after giving up the superhero business; Trying to stay Jen Walters the attorney and not hulk out. Aside from a bunch of alternate covers, this gray me with what looks like glowing green cuts hasn't made a full debut, so we'll just have to wait until then.
- Super Strength: Comes with the gamma radiation.
- Theme Song: According to Slott, at least, mine is "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba. I swear, I keep taking it off my playlist...
- Trauma Conga Line: Well, I wouldn't say it was that bad, but at the start of adjectiveless She-Hulk, I had a case overturned because I just happened to help save the world during my closing argument, which resulted in me being dismissed from the DA's office. Then I was kicked ou- asked to move out of the Avenger's mansion, because it was felt I was taking a few too many liberties with the partying, the parking, and the pantry. And the underwear model I was "dating" at the time dumped me because he thought I lacked depth... moron. Then I land a job a one of the most prestigious law firms in New York, only to find out I've been hired because they're branching out into superhero law and need an expert in that subject... and the senior partner refuses to let me work as She-Hulk, requiring me to be Jen Walters. But, the job actually turned out to be really fun! While it lasted, anyway. Then there was the whole "Civil War" thing, then I got drafted by SHIELD as part of the Hulkbuster squad, and then I found out Tony Stark and his brain trust shot Bruce into space. I was not pleased with that development.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Where did Southpaw and Jazela go, anyway?
- Work Hard, Play Hard: I'm pretty good at my job, both in the courtroom and kicking villains' butts And I love partying!! Heh, sometimes I've taken it Up to Eleven and even the other Avengers have to tell me to cool down a bit.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark green hair, actually. And I always rock it. Yeah, even in the Eighties, when my hair was bigger than my body.