Canadian actress, born September 22, 1985, that you may know better for being the First (and Second, and Third, and Fourth...) Role of the scifi series Orphan Black. She also narrated David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises, played Mary in a 2010 BBC production of the Nativity and had a part in Diary of the Dead. As you may have guessed by her name, she has a mixed ancestry that includes Ukrainian, Polish, German, Austrian and Romanian. After three years of widely decried snubs, she won the Emmy Award for Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her work in season four of Orphan Black.
- Eastern Promises (2007) as Tatiana (narration)
- Instant Star (2008) as Zeppelin Dyer
- Being Erica (2009 - 2011) as Sarah Wexler
- World Without End (2012) as Sister Nair
- The Vow (2012) as Lily
- Orphan Black (2013 - 2017) as various characters note
- Parks and Recreation (2013) as Nadia Stasky
- Woman in Gold (2015) as Young Maria Altmann note
- 3Below (2018 - 2019) as Princess Aja Tarron and Queen Coranda
This actress provides examples of:
- Brainy Brunette: Her default color, Cosima from Orphan Black being the most clear-cut example.
- Cunning Linguist: She speaks English, German, French and Spanish.
- Freudian Trio: Played at least one by herself (Sarah, Cosima and Alison).
- Improv: Maslany has an extensive background in improvisation. Here's an example.