Felicity Rose Hadley Jones (born October 17, 1983 in Birmingham, England), is a British actress.
- The Worst Witch (1998-1999) as Ethel Hallow
- Cape Wrath (2007) as Zoe Brogan
- Northanger Abbey (2007) as Catherine Morland
- Doctor Who (2008; episode "The Unicorn and the Wasp") as Robina Redmond
- The Diary Of Anne Frank (2009) as Margot Frank
- Girls (2014) as Dottie
- Brideshead Revisited (2008) as Cordelia Flyte
- Cheri (2009) as Edmée
- The Tempest (2010) as Miranda
- Like Crazy (2011) as Anna Gardner
- Chalet Girl (2011) as Kim Mathews
- Albatross (2011) as Beth
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) as Felicia Hardy
- The Theory of Everything (2014) as Jane Wilde Hawking — Academy Award nominee for Best Actress
- True Story (2015) as Jill
- A Monster Calls (2016) as Mom
- Dan Brown's Inferno (2016) as Sienna Brooks
- Star Wars: Rogue One (2016) as Jyn Erso
- On the Basis of Sex (2018) as Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- The Aeronauts (2019) as Amelia Wren
- The Archers as Emma Grundy
Tropes in her works:
- Actor-Inspired Element: She did her own hair and make-up for Like Crazy.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She made a career playing snobby and/or distant characters.
- Chronically Killed Actor: Not usually, but in 2016, she starred in three movies in which her character ends up dying.
- The Danza: Almost. She plays Felicia Hardy in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Dawson Casting:
- She was 25 playing the teenage Margot Frank in a BBC series of Anne Frank.
- She also played 21-year-old Jyn Erso when she was 32.
- Fake American: She puts on an American accent to play Felicia Hardy in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Ruth Bader Ginsburg in On the Basis of Sex.
- Improv: Like Crazy was largely improvised, with only a 50-page outline of the story, and the actors improvising most of the dialogue.
- Method Acting: To prepare for Chalet Girl, she worked undercover for two months in a chalet at St Anton, scrubbing toilets and partying at the Krazy Kanguruh bar.
- Name's the Same: "Felicity Jones" is also the pen name of an American nudism activist.
- The Other Darrin: She missed home while filming The Worst Witch, so Katy Allen replaces her as Ethel in Season 2. The show explains this as a 'witch-over' Ethel gives herself so people won't think she and Sybil are related. In a rare subversion of the trope, Jones returns to playing Ethel in the spin-off Weirdsister College.
- Playing Against Type:
- Playing Gertrude: Jones is just eighteen years older than Lewis MacDougall, who plays her own son in A Monster Calls.
- Playing with Character Type: Retroactively. Jones often finds herself playing hyper-intelligent women of privilege. Her first major role - Ethel Hallow in The Worst Witch - is a rich Child Prodigy who's also the Alpha Bitch and the technician in the Technician vs. Performer.
- Promoted Fanboy: According to Star Wars Insider, Jones is a huge Star Wars fan and "dropped everything" in order to join the cast of Rogue One.
- Star-Making Role: She had been on the rise for a few years, held as an up-and-comer, but her Oscar-nominated turn in The Theory of Everything led to her headlining Rogue One.