Like Crazy is a 2011 American romantic drama film starring Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones, and Jennifer Lawrence. The film tells the story of Anna (Jones), a British exchange student who falls in love with an American student, Jacob (Yelchin), only to be separated from him when she is denied re-entry into the United States after staying in the country longer than her student visa allows.
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- Bittersweet Ending: In the end Anna and Jacob have gotten together once more, though their relationship may be doomed due to both of them drifting apart, having been seeing other people while they were separated.
- Citizenship Marriage: Subverted. After Anna overstays her student visa and is banned from entering the U.S., she and Jacob get married in an attempt to get the ban lifted, but they still have to wait six months to see each other, and when the ban is finally lifted both Anna and Jacob have started seeing other people.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Jacob and Anna first meet in the US while she's attending university there. However, when she's deported for overstaying her student visa, they struggle maintain to things while she's in the UK.
- Maybe Ever After: It's unclear at the end if Jacob and Anna will stay together.
- Your Cheating Heart: Anna and Jacob start seeing other people while waiting for Anna's ban to be lifted.