Jennifer Shrader Lawrence (born August 15, 1990 in Louisville, Kentucky) is an Academy Awardwinning actress. Her first big role was in the sitcom The Bill Engvall Show on TBS which ran from 2007 to 2009, where she played the eldest daughter, Lauren. In 2009, she got the lead role in the drama Winter's Bone and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, later winning for Silver Linings Playbook, the second-youngest Best Actress Oscar winner after Marlee Matlin for Children Of A Lesser God. She achieved worldwide fame after being cast as Katniss Everdeen, the heroine in the film adaptation of The Hunger Games, the first of a popular Science Fiction Young Adult book trilogy by Suzanne Collins. In 2013, she appeared in American Hustle and received her third Oscar nomination as well as winning her second Golden Globe (having previously won for Silver Linings Playbook) and first BAFTA.
She's the youngest actress to have four Oscar nominations (three for Best Actress and one for Best Supporting Actress) and according to Forbes magazine in 2014 she's the 2nd best highest paid actress, with $34 million.
- The Bill Engvall Show (20072009) as Lauren Pearson
- The Poker House (2008) as Agnes Baily
- Winter's Bone (2010) as Ree Dolly, her breakout performance which was nominated for an Academy Award.
- House at the End of the Street (filmed in 2010, released in 2012) as Elissa
- The Beaver (2011) as Norah
- Like Crazy (2011) as Sam
- X-Men Film Series (2011 — present) as Raven Darkhölme/Mystique:
- The Hunger Games series (20122015) as Katniss Everdeen:
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012) as Tiffany Maxwell (won an Academy Award)
- Serena (filmed in 2012, released in 2014) as Serena Pemberton
- American Hustle (2013) as Rosalyn Rosenfeld (nominated for Best Supporting Actress)
- Joy (2015) as Joy Mangano
- Passengers (2016) as Aurora Lane
- mother! (2017) as Mother
- Red Sparrow (2018) as Dominika Egorova
Tropes referenced by her work:
- Action Girl: Even outside of The Hunger Games her characters almost always play this.
- Age Lift: In Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle, the characters were originally written to be in their late 30s but were either changed or ignored to reflect twenty-something Lawrence's casting.
- Big Eater: She once stated in an interview to promote body positivity, "I eat like a caveman. I'll be the only actress who doesn't have anorexia rumors"
- Breakup Breakout: She is the most famous alumnus from The Bill Engvall Show.
- Contralto of Danger: Her low and husky voice has served her well for playing Action Girls and the like.
- Cover Version: She sang "Something Stupid" with Edgar Ramirez for Joy.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Emma Stone.
- The Everywoman: One of the most down-to-earth celebrities today.
- Hollywood Old: In previous movies directed by David O. Russell it was a case of Age Lift but in Joy Jennifer plays the character until she's 20 years older than her real age.
- Ms. Fanservice: Silver Linings Playbook had quite a bit of fanservice from her, as do her roles as Mystique (where she wears a Spy Catsuit for most of the first one, and mostly bodypaint in the sequel); Passengers also has its moments.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'9"note , and her characters are pretty much always found to be attractive.
- Time-Shifted Actor: She plays the younger version of Rebecca Romijn's Mystique in the X-Men films.