Nicholas Caradoc Hoult (born 7 December 1989 in Wokingham, England) is an English actor. As a child actor, his first breakthrough role was Marcus Brewer in 2002's About a Boy with Hugh Grant. He's since moved onto more adult roles, starring as Tony Stonem on Skins, Beast in 20th Century Fox's X-Men Film Series, and Nux in Mad Max: Fury Road. He is also well-known for being the ex-boyfriend of Hollywood megastar Jennifer Lawrence.
- About a Boy (2002) as Marcus Brewer
- The Weather Man (2005) as Mike Spritzel
- Skins (2007 — 2008) as Tony Stonem
- A Single Man (2009) as Kenny Potter
- Clash of the Titans (2010) as Eusebios
- Fable III (2010) as Elliot (voice only)
- X-Men Film Series (2011 — present) as Dr. Hank McCoy / Beast:
- Warm Bodies (2013) as R
- Jack the Giant Slayer (2013) as Jack
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) as Nux
- The Favourite (2018) as Robert Harley
- Watership Down (2018) as Fiver
- Tolkien (2019) as J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Current War (2019) as Nikola Tesla
- The Great (2020) as Peter III
- The Banker (2020) as Matt Steiner
- Crossing Swords (2020) as Patrick
- Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021) as Patrick Blackwell
- Promoted Fanboy: He was a fan of the X-Men films growing up, and was of course eventually cast as Beast in First Class; he's said that he was rather starstruck acting alongside Hugh Jackman, playing Wolverine, in Days of Future Past.
- What Could Have Been: He's yet to land a leading role in a franchise but he's come up close a couple of times:
- He was in the top three contenders to play Newt Scamander in the Fantastic Beasts series but ended up losing out to to Eddie Redmayne.
- He was the runner-up for the role of Bruce Wayne in The Batman before the casting of Robert Pattinson. Reportedly the people at Warner Bros. and director Matt Reeves liked him but he didn't get the part because they were worried about his appearances in the X-Men Film Series diluting the Batman brand as it is one of their most lucrative intellectual properties.