Martin Fitzgerald Lawrence (Born April 16, 1965 in Frankfurt, Germany) is a German-born American actor and comedian. He began his career as a stand up comedian and gained notoriety in the 1990s after a successful run on Star Search. He has branched into acting, directing, producing and writing. However, he seems to be typecast quite a bit as most of his film roles are either as policemen, con artists, or in the case of Blue Streak - both.
Roles Of Note:
- House Party (1990): Bilal
- Boomerang (1992): Tyler
- Martin (1992-1997): Martin Payne
- Bad Boys (1995): Marcus Burnett
- Nothing to Lose (1997): T-Paul
- Blue Streak (1999): Miles Logan/Detective Kevin Malone
- Life (1999): Claude Banks
- Big Momma's House (2000): Malcolm Turner
- Black Knight (2001): Jamal Walker
- What's the Worst That Could Happen? (2001): Kevin Caffery
- Bad Boys II (2003): Marcus Burnett
- Rebound (2005): Roy McCormick/Preacher Don
- Open Season (2006) : Boog (voice)
- Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins (2008): Dr. RJ Stevens
- College Road Trip (2008): James Porter
- The Casanova: His character on A Thin Line Between Love And Hate.
- Cluster F-Bomb: When he is doing stand up comedy.
- Everything Is Racist: Did a bit on this on his stand up movie You So Crazy.
- Meaningful Name: He was named after Martin Luther King Jr. and President John F. Kennedy.
- N-Word Privileges
- Prison Rape: Made a joke of this in his You So Crazy Stand-Up Comedy movie.
- Stand-Up Comedy