Kathryn Ann "Katee" Sackhoff (born April 8, 1980 in Portland, Oregon) is an American actor. She came to prominence for her critically acclaimed performance as Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on Battlestar Galactica (2003), and since then has been a regular and welcome face in film and television, particularly genre works in which she's something of a superstar, like her decade-long tenure as badass Mandalorian warrior Bo-Katan Kryze in various Star Wars projects.
- 2002 Halloween: Resurrection as Jen
- 2007 White Noise: The Light as Sherry Clarke
- 2007 The Last Sentinel as The Girl
- 2011 Batman: Year One as Det. Sarah Essen
- 2013 Sexy Evil Genius as Nikki Franklyn
- 2013 Riddick as Dahl
- 2014 Oculus as Marie Russell
- 2018 2036: Origin Unknown
- 2000-2001 The Fearing Mind as Lenore Fearing
- 2001-2002 The Education Of Max Bickford as Nell Bickford
- 2003-2009 Battlestar Galactica (2003) as Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
- 2007 Bionic Woman as Sarah Corvus
- 2007-Present Robot Chicken as Bitch Pudding, Various
- 2009 Nip/Tuck as Dr. Theodora "Teddy" Rowe
- 2009, 2010 The Big Bang Theory As Herself
- 2009-2011 The Superhero Squad Show as She-Hulk ("So Pretty When They Explode")
- 2010 24 as Dana Walsh
- 2010-2011 CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Det. Frankie Reed
- 2012-Present Star Wars as Bo-Katan Kryze
- 2012-2014 Longmire as Victoria "Vic" Moretti
- 2017-Present The Flash (2014) as Amunet Black/Blacksmith
- 2019 Another Life (2019) as Niko Breckenridge
Video Game Roles
- 2007 Halo 3 as Female Marine 3
- 2008 Resistance 2 as Cassie Aklin
- 2011 Spider-Man: Edge of Time as Black Cat 2099
- 2015 Call of Duty: Black Ops III as Sarah Hall
Web Video Roles
- 2015 Power/Rangers (Bootleg Universe) as Kimberly
Tropes pertaining to or associated with Katee Sackhoff
- Action Girl: Has a tendency to play these characters, and is one herself, as she regularly participates in obstacle courses.
- Adam Westing: Pokes fun at her BSG role in two appearances As Herself in The Big Bang Theory, where the characters are acknowledged fans. The kicker, she isn't actually there but just an imaginary construct by the Casanova Wannabe Howard.
- Approval of God: She was open to reprising her role as Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian and appreciated the fan support for that idea. Then she was actually given the role.
- Bitch Alert: She plays a recurring character in Robot Chicken whose name is "Bitch Pudding", a constant thorn in the side of Strawberry Shortcake and friends.
- Gender Flip: She was the subject of one of the more controversial Gender Flips when she took on the role of Starbuck in the Battlestar Galactica remake. Purists were outraged and even original Starbuck actor Dirk Benedict went into a rage over the decision. Her performance, however, won over even the most ardent critics, Benedict among them, and he later personally apologized to her for his words.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Bo-Katan Kryze was partially modeled on Katee's appearance; thus, when she played the character in live-action on The Mandalorian, pretty much all she had to do was dye her hair red and don the characters iconic headband.
- Typecasting: Ever since her Star-Making Role as Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on Battlestar Galactica (2003), she's mainly had "Starbuck-lite" roles: tough, no-nonsense Action Girls in a Space Opera or at least sci-fi oriented work, often with a hidden emotionally vulnerable side.