Rosario Isabel Dawson (born May 9, 1979 in New York City, New York) is an American actress, singer, writer, and activist. She made her film debut in 1995 with the controversial teen drama Kids. Her subsequent film roles include: Men in Black II, Sin City, Clerks II, and Death Proof, Alexander, The Rundown, and RENT.
She joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Claire Temple, who appears in all of the franchise's Netflix series (minus The Punisher, and not for a lack of trying), in roles ranging from a single episode in Jessica Jones to a major cast member in Luke Cage. Her other famous live-action television role is the adult version of Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars since Season 2 of The Mandalorian.
She came out as LGBTQ on February 18, 2020.
- Kids (1995) as Ruby
- Josie and the Pussycats (2001) as Valerie
- Men in Black II (2002) as Laura Vasquez
- 25th Hour (2002) as Naturelle Riviera
- The Rundown (2003) as Mariana.
- Alexander (2004) as Roxane
- Sin City (2005) as Gail
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)
- Clerks II (2006) as Becky
- RENT (2005) as Mimi Marquez
- A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006) as Laurie
- Death Proof (2007) as Abernathy
- Eagle Eye (2008) as Zoe Perez
- Killshot (2008) as Donna
- Seven Pounds (2008) as Emily Posa
- Wonder Woman (2009) as Artemis (voice)
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009) as Velvet Von Black (voice)
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Herself in Truth Or Square (2009)
- Fire with Fire (2012) as Talia Durham.
- Trance (2013)
- Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast (2014) as Nyx.
- Cesar Chavez (2014) as Dolores Huerta
- DC Animated Movie Universe (2015-present) as Wonder Woman (voice)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2015 present) as Claire Temple:
- Ratchet & Clank (2016) as Elaris
- The LEGO Batman Movie (2017) as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl (voice)
- LEGO Dimensions (2017)
- Unforgettable (2017)
- Jane the Virgin (2018) as Jane Ramosnote
- Elena of Avalor (2018) as Daria (voice)
- Zombieland: Double Tap (2019) as Nevada
- It's Pony (2020) as Principal Ramiro
- Briarpatch (2020) as Allegra Dill
- Star Wars as Ahsoka Tano (Live-Action)
- The Mandalorian (2020)
- Ahsoka (2022)
- The Last Kids on Earth (2020) as Rezzoch
Dawson's work contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Due to having Mixed Ancestry (her mom is Afro-Cuban and Puerto Rican; her father is Irish and Native American) many of her characters are this, with their ethnicities unstated.
- Ms. Fanservice: Most of her roles either focus on her sexiness or have her appear without her clothes on, including Sin City, Alexander, Death Proof and Trance (where she appeared with full-frontal nudity, along with two sex scenes). This led her friend Ralph Garman to dub her "Hottie McChocolateSkin".
- Plays Great Ethnics: Her ethnic ambiguity has led to her diverse roles that span the world, from Brazilian in The Rundown to Bactrian (modern-day Afghanistan) in Alexander.
- Sassy Black Woman: Due to her roles, some would even go so far as to call her the Pam Grier of her generation. Due to her mixed heritage, she doubles up as a Spicy Latina.