Rosario Dawson (born May 9, 1979) is an American actress, singer, writer, and activist. She made her film debut in 1995 with the controversial teen drama Kids. Her subsequent film roles include: Men in Black II, Sin City, Clerks II, and Death Proof, Alexander, The Rundown, and RENT.
She joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Claire Temple, who appears in all of the franchise's Netflix series (minus The Punisher, and not for a lack of trying), in roles ranging from a single episode in Jessica Jones to a major cast member in Luke Cage.
- Kids (1995) as Ruby
- Josie and the Pussycats (2001) as Valerie
- Men in Black II (2002) as Laura Vasquez
- 25th Hour (2002) as Naturelle Riviera
- The Rundown (2003) as Mariana.
- Alexander (2004) as Roxane
- Sin City (2005) as Gail
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)
- Clerks II (2006) as Becky
- RENT (2005) as Mimi Marquez
- A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006) as Laurie
- Death Proof (2007) as Abernathy
- Eagle Eye (2008) as Zoe Perez
- Killshot (2008) as Donna
- Seven Pounds (2008) as Emily Posa
- Wonder Woman (2009) as Artemis (voice)
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009) as Velvet Von Black (voice)
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Herself in Truth Or Square (2009)
- Fire with Fire (2012) as Talia Durham.
- Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast (2014) as Nyx.
- DC Animated Movie Universe (2015-present) as Wonder Woman (voice)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2015 present) as Claire Temple:
- Elaris in Ratchet & Clank (2016)
- The LEGO Batman Movie (2017) as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl (voice)
- LEGO Dimensions (2017)
- Jane the Virgin (2018) as Jane Ramosnote
- Elena of Avalor: Daria (2018) (voice)
This actress' work contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Due to having Mixed Ancestry (her mom is Afro-Cuban and Puerto Rican; her father is Irish and Native American).
- Bourgeois Bohemian: She's an outspoken progressive, having been arrested at a protest in 2004 and even appearing on The Young Turks.
- Ms. Fanservice: Most of her roles either focus on her sexiness or have her appear without her clothes on, including Sin City, Alexander, and Death Proof. This led her friend Ralph Garman to dub her "Hottie McChocolateSkin".
- Plays Great Ethnics: Her ethnic ambiguity has led to her diverse roles that span the world, from Brazilian in The Rundown to Bactrian (modern-day Afghanistan) in Alexander.
- Sassy Black Woman: Due to her roles, some would even go so far as to call her the Pam Grier of her generation. Due to her mixed heritage, she doubles up as a Spicy Latina.