- "Revenge has its own set of rules."
A gang of neo-Nazis are captured for a double murder they committed after being sold out by a firefighter who witnessed the whole ordeal. The fireman is placed in Witness Protection. However, the Nazis find him, and he's forced to take desperate action.
Not to be confused with the 1986 romantic drama of the same title, which can be found at Fire With Fire (1986).
This film contains examples of:
- Amoral Attorney: Subverted. Hagan's lawyer seems to be a scumbag for defending such a psycho, but he's shown to sincerely believe in the American justice system and only keeps Hagan on out of fear for his and his family's lives.
- Ax-Crazy: David shows himself to be particularly vicious, cruel and bloodthirsty to anybody who crosses their path. Boyd is just as bloodthirsty and psychotic, but unlike Hagan is much more outspoken, whooping with glee after Hagan shoots the store owner and his son.
- Arch-Enemy: Jeremy Coleman has David Hagan, a neo-Nazi gang leader who spends the film pursuing him as a witness.
- Badass Boast:-Jeremy "To Hell with Witness Protection; you're gonna need protection from me."
- Big Bad: David Hagan, the neo-Nazi gang leader after Jeremy.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Jeremy was motivated to fight fires because his parents died in one.
- Disproportionate Retribution: If you get in Hagan's way with anything, he will kill you and everybody you love.
- Evil Plan: David Hagan is hunting down a man who witnessed his crimes and testified against him so he can kill him and his entire family.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Hagan has a boss, but we never meet them.
- Mob War: Hagan's "Aryan Brothers" gang spend the film moving in on a Crips neighbourhood.
- Off on a Technicality: Hagan's lawyer threatens to do this if his client's bail is revoked for obviously ordering a hit on Jeremy.
- Rasputinian Death: Hagan is axed in the chest, shot a few times, set on fire and knocked out a several-story window onto concrete.
- The Sociopath: David Hagan, a neo-Nazi who robs and kills with impunity, going after the families of anybody who tries to stop him.
- Those Wacky Nazis: The main villains are a neo-Nazi gang pursuing a witness.
- Witless Protection Program: Despite Jeremy getting put in Witness Protection, Hagan and his Nazis still find him.