Fire With Fire (filmed under the title Captive Hearts) is a 1986 romantic drama starring Virginia Madsen and Craig Sheffer as, respectively, a Catholic schoolgirl and a reform school boy, who fall in love.
Fire With Fire contains examples of:
- Catholic School Girls Rule: These Catholic schoolgirls can be a bit naughty, but they're overprotected and their uniforms are the more unsexy, realistic version.
- Dance of Romance: Lisa and Joe had encountered one another briefly before, but their first dance together is where they are finally able to connect.
- Delinquents: All the boys at the parole camp are seen as this, but Baxter and his cronies are the best examples.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Lisa.
- Parental Neglect: Both our hero and heroine are implied to suffer from this. Lisa's parents live in Switzerland while she's in a Catholic boarding school in Oregon. Joe despises his mother's fiance and his mother doesn't speak to him as a result.
- Shirtless Scene: And some pantsless scenes.
- Star-Crossed Lovers
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Joe is definitely this, contrasting with blonde Lisa.
- Their First Time
- Troubled, but Cute: Joe has a difficult home life, and has been sentenced to a parole camp for troubled young men for destroying his stepdad's car.