Nick: Do you think the bus crashed and we went to heaven?
Shawn: No because then we would have heard "We! Are crashing! We! We! Are crashing!"
Fired Up is a 2009 film about two football stars who decide to get into a cheerleading squad, in order to attend a cheering camp to hook up with as many girls as they can and leave before the camp-end competition. Then one of them falls for the squad captain and the other for a camp instructor, and they decide to stay, but get caught and expelled, and have to work around a way to get back into the camp.
This film provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: Nick has his strange moments like his knowledge of recipes, his romantic writing, his squickily shocking phrases about how straight he is. Shawn and Straight Gay Downey expect him to come out.
- Bad Ass Gay: Bianca is a tough and badass lesbian. One punch sends the Panthers running.
- Silvya often repeats, "I'm just saying."
- Shawn's "You've gotta risk it to get the biscuit."
- Character Development: The boys change from players to sensitive, caring friends to the girls and even romantic suitors during the camp. If they weren't just pretending to be jerks all along.
- Clingy Costume: The mascots have really tight costumes and they never take off them. Even when they're skinny dipping.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Cluster S Bomb. The coach really likes the word "shit". Nick and Shawn made a game out of trying to guess how many times he can say it in one conversation.
- Gratuitous Spanish: The Fountain of Troy is prohibidado. Prohibidabado. Prohibibabo.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: Following the Skinny Dipping, Nick and Shawn use their hands and some pom-poms to cover up when they get caught.
- Obviously Evil: The Panthers are evil cheerleaders. Seriously, the Trope Image on The Cheerleader shows they aren't the type of girls you'd want to meet in a dark alley... Satans with pom-poms.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Bianca is asked to put on some underpants when they get woken up at night and when she was sharing Angela's bed.
- Pom-Pom Girl: The whole movie is about cheer leading camp, so lots of cheering, dancing and pom-poms to go around. Some of the girls are of this nice variety as opposed to alpha-bitchy cheerleaders.
- The Problem with Pen Island: During the Fired Up cheer, most shout the letters "F U". Shawn and Nick are apparently the only ones to notice the problem.
- Second Place Is for Losers: Averted. The Tigers get nineteenth place, but they are happy because it's ten places better than last year
- Secret Diary: Nick has been writing a diary and it's full of romantic poetry.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: The football coach, whose favorite word is "shit".
- Shout-Out: Carly's Jerkass boyfriend make ones to Animal House and Meet the Parents.
- Straight Gay:
- Downey is gay but has no mannerism. He actually got Nick to think he was straight.
- Most if not all of the oh-so straight looking Panther guys, if we believe to the girl who said that there were only four straight guys in the camp, being three of those Nick, Shawn and Adam. Hopefully Coach Keith is the fourth.
- The Wildcats: Both The Tigers and The Panthers fit to tropably generic names and mascot for a sports team.
- Verbal Tic: The coach can't stop saying "shit".