Flight 7500 is a supernatural horror movie directed by Takashi Shimizu.
The movie follows the passengers and crew of Flight 7500, a flight where strange occurrences take place after a man holding a mysterious box suddenly dies on the flight.
- Ambiguous Ending: At the end, it's not clear where the people go after they were taken and moved on. It also shows Liz alone in an ethereal version of the plane with a mysterious hand on the trash, which implies she was the only one to not move on.
- Bittersweet Ending: Everyone in the plane died, but it's implied that they at least managed to get rid of what was keeping them on earth and get to pass on to the other side.
- Dead All Along: Everyone. During the turbulence, the de-pressurization of the plane and the fail of the oxygen caused everyone to die. After the turbulence, we're basically following their spirits facing the things they need to move on from.
- Face Death with Dignity: Jacinta realizes that all she can do at a certain point is to accept death. She embraces a shadowy being and passes.
- Foreshadowing: Every character seems to disappear after they do what their character arcs were set up to do in the beginning. While this makes narrative sense to not leave plot threads, it hints that they need to release the things keeping them on Earth to move on.
- Red Herring: A lot of focus is put on Lance, the man with the mysterious box that suddenly dies in strange circumstances in the flight. Turns he out he simply died, he has nothing to do with what is going on, since they died for entirely unrelated reasons.
- The Reveal: Everyone died during the turbulence, and were seeing their spirits pace around and trying to cope with it.