open/close all folders
Steven Russell "Steve" Arienta (Evicted HG #01)
Stephen Russell "Steve" Arienta
Born: May 02nd, 1978
Age (at time of competition): 40
Hometown: Parsippany, NJ
Current City: Wanaque, NJ
Occupation: Former Undercover Cop
HOH Wins: 0
POV Wins: 0
Nominations: 1 note
Have Nots: 0
Prizes Won: 0
Punishments Taken: 0
Finished: Placed 16th (Evicted HG #1)
Evicted: Evicted 7-6 VS. SAM
HOH Evicted Under: TYLER (in Week 1).
- Action Dad: Averted. He's the sole dad of the season, but he wasn't a good competitor and he was the first houseguest evicted from the season.
- Bash Brothers: With Scottie, his closest ally in the house. The two have an amusing, lively, and almost father-son relationship.
- Death Glare: What he looks like when he's getting a read on peoples' personalities. Swaggy C is heavily intimidated and calls it "death bullets".
- Deep Cover Agent: Steve is a former undercover cop, which is useful at helping him go undercover in the Big Brother house as a "mechanic" because he knows better than to let everyone know he's a cop and get a huge target put on him.
- Didn't See That Coming: Nobody, himself included, expected him to be the first person evicted, but when Kaitlyn flipped after personal drama damaged her trust with those people, Steve was shockingly evicted against 7 votes- the amount that shifted the majority to him- instead of carrying 6 and his end of the house working to get Sam out due to Tyler managing to convince Kaitlyn to flip sides.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Knows for a fact somebody had to flip to get him evicted and learns it was Kaitlyn when he goes home.
- Derrick Levasseur from BB16: Fans made comparisons between the two of them given they are both cops (one being former) and have an excellent read on everyone. He does not end up like Derrick, as while Derrick made it all to the end and won, Steve was evicted first.
- Glenn Garcia from BB18: Ultimately, he became the Glenn of this season in that he once worked as a cop, is the oldest player in the house, everyone liked him, and he was the first boot. However, Steve was not a victim of a snap elimination twist; he spent a full week in the house, had control over his fate in the game, built up an alliance, and had a strong chance of staying until the vote flipped.
- Sherlock Scan: He's able to correctly discern the location of the hidden bedroom in the house because he knows how to find a stash room.
- Starter Villain: In the first five episodes of the season, Steve proves to be a very formidable social player and an okay but not too terrific competitor.
- Sunglasses at Night: Employs this method to make it easier to observe people with sunglasses hiding his eyes, and demonstrates its effectiveness to Scottie.
- Unwitting Pawn: The only reason Steve went on the block was that reluctant HOH Tyler nominated the two players who did the worst in the first HOH competition, an easy choice but not a daring one like some players wanted. This forced Steve to up his effort to stay in the game and prove he was better than he appeared to be, but he was simply a victim of circumstance after he did all he could to survive in the house.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Averted! Big Brother has a habit of neglecting their first boots or abusing them like Jodi or Cameron, but Steve was very visible for a first boot. It helps that he got a full week in the house unlike the last two.
Christopher Jordan "Swaggy C" Williams (Evicted HG #02)
Christopher Jordan "Swaggy C" Williams
Born: Feb. 17th, 1995
Age (at time of competition): 23
Hometown: Bridgeport, CT
Current City: Bridgeport, CT
Occupation: Day Trader
HOH Wins: 0
POV Wins: 0
Nominations: 1 note
Have Nots: 0
Prizes Won: Save 8 Houseguests note
Punishments Taken: 0
Finished: Placed 15th (Evicted HG #2)
Evicted: Evicted 8-4 VS. WINSTON
HOH Evicted Under: KAITLYN (in Week 2).
- A God Am I: Swaggy C seriously thinks he's in control of the entire house. What he doesn't realize is that he has a very weak and crumbled alliance filled with flip flopping houseguests who are also emotionally unstable. Not to mention that he's such a huge target for the other side of the house (Level 6 side) because of how over the top and obvious he's made it that he's the leader of one side of the house. Swaggy is so full of himself he even refers to himself in third person.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Constantly boasts that he is controlling the house and disses other players he thinks are stupid.
- Base-Breaking Character: A lot of people either enjoy Swaggy's cocky attitude and compare it to Devin's for making the season interesting early on, but just as many grow exhausted of it and happy he's evicted even sooner. He still manages to show up at Bayleigh's house, showing a more positive side of him.
- Bonding Over Missing Parents: Swaggy found common ground with Tyler because they both have a deceased father. Tyler's father had died from heart complications during the beginning of his senior year of high school. He was very close to his father. It was revealed that when Tyler's father was on his death bed, he told Tyler that he wasn't his biological father but that he was still his father because he was the one who raised him as his dad. This emotionally crushed Tyler because he believed that the man that raised him was his father all along and it turned out that he wasn't his real dad. Tyler currently doesn't know his real father and has yet to meet him. Swaggy's father was a drug addict who fell into a coma that he never ended up coming out of. He was pronounced dead afterwards. Since Swaggy knew about the commonality that he shared with Tyler retaining to their deceased fathers, he has used that during his campaign to Tyler to keep him in the house knowing that it's something that would play on Tyler's emotions and garner sympathy from him. Unfortunately for Swaggy, using his deceased father and swearing on his grave in order to stay in the house didn't sway Tyler in any way and only managed to turn Tyler off even more since Tyler has openly stated that he hates swearing on people, especially dead loved ones or family members.
- Breakout Character: He's managed to become the first and so far only player to be evicted pre-jury and still reappear in the season before the finale night, because he's gone as far as to seek out the Dalton household to profess his love for Bayleigh before her mom Robin, her dad Michael, and her two sisters.
- The Champion: Chris's devotion to Bayleigh is so strong he visits Bayleigh's family before BB 20 is even close to being over.
- Disappeared Dad: Chris's dad had a usage problem after his mom left and was found in a coma that he never came out of, and would be pronounced dead not long afterward.
- Disc-One Final Boss: The first houseguest of the season to last long enough to develop a strong presence in the house and manipulate the game in the direction he wants it to go. However, Swaggy overdoes it and irritates Kaitlyn with his ego, upsetting her enough to get him evicted when she becomes HOH.
- Has some shades of Will "Mega" Collins from Season 1. They share a nickname they prefer to go by, are African-American, have a very strong and brash presence in the house, and tend to make everything revolve around them. Accordingly, both cause too many waves and go home early.
- He also has some shades of Devin Shepherd in Season 16 for starting a dominant alliance that rapidly implodes after certain players object to his plans, but in Swaggy's case, he had much better control and fewer people mad at him, while Devin went on to do some very irrational things infuriate everyone.
- Faux Affably Evil: Outright calls Kaitlyn an idiot and repeatedly insults several other players like Tyler and his consortium.
- Hypocrite: Julie grilled him with the footage of his preseason interview, which showed a Swaggy who knew what classic traps not to fall into when entering the house and play in the middle and not get a showmance... who then proceeded to let the game take over his reasoning and fall into every single trap and go home second.
- It's All About Me: Within the first competitions of the game, Swaggy C made a few strong moves all focused around giving himself elevated power and standing in the house, even breaking a promise to Angela and ignoring Bayleigh's advice to avoid being too showy so he doesn't become a target.
- Manipulative Bastard: Some shades of one, because he plays up the human side of himself, Chris, minus all the bluster, just to win a sympathy vote. It doesn't work.
- Missing Mom: His mom left when he was only three.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Swaggy C. He invented it about 5 years ago (2013-ish) and wears it on custom tees.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: When Swaggy is in control, he makes everyone feel it, but once his back is to the wall, he drops all pretense of swagger and starts behaving low-key, even going as far as to swear on his dad's dead grave to make promises and clear things up, which is not something he would do if he was being facetious.
- Smug Snake: Dude wants everyone to know he's in charge of the house and you can't change that no matter what you do.
- Sore Loser: DEAR GOD. The dude is still so bitter about being evicted and backdoored in Week 2. He simply can't accept that he was a terrible Big Brother player and that he was much to loud and obvious in the way he played the game and that is why he was sent out early. He spends all his time on social media, primarily his Twitter account, bashing Level Six and Tyler due to his bitterness and saltiness over being outplayed by all of them. Even fans have gotten sick of Swaggy and his bitter rants about how he lost the game and he wishes that nobody on Level Six would win. Get over it, Swaggy. You lost.
- Third-Person Person: Likes to refer himself in the third person often.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: All the vigor drained out of his face when he saw himself go up on the eviction block as a surprise backdoor nominee.
- Villainous Breakdown: There is a massive difference in his attitude after being backdoored compared to before the move happens. He goes from being utterly full of swagger to completely still and transfixed with shock.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Week 5's live eviction night features a clip of Swaggy C's visit to 6 family with a bouquet of roses and a firm declaration of love toward her.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Can't swim and sees water as his kryptonite and freaks when the challenge turns out to be surfing given the man's never surfed let alone been in the water for the majority of his life.
- Worth It: When given the chance to date Bayleigh at the expense of going the distance in the house, Swaggy proudly admitted he loved her more.
Winston Howard Hines (Evicted HG #03)
Winston Howard Hines
Born: Feb. 13th, 1990
Age (at time of competition): 28
Hometown: Somerset, KY
Current City: Bowling Green, KY
Occupation: Medical Sales Rep
HOH Wins: 0
POV Wins: 0
Nominations: 2 note
Have Nots: 1 note
Prizes Won: 0
Punishments Taken: 0
Finished: Placed 14th (Evicted HG #3)
Evicted: Evicted 6-5 VS. BRETT
HOH Evicted Under: SCOTTIE (in Week 3).
- A Lighter Shade of Black: He isn't nearly as insufferable as Brett can be, but Winston has a few moments where he gets menacing, giving Scottie the what-for after returning him to the eviction block.
- Bash Brothers: Has a solid "bromance" with Brett that they remark is the makings of an instant friendship outside of the house.
- Big Brother Instinct: He's very protective of Brett and always looks out for him. He sees him as a younger brother figure. When Winston found out that Brett wasn't feeling that well, Winstons instantly came to check on him to see if he was okay.
- Brainless Beauty: Winston is attractive and everything, but boy, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Some of his game strategies are just downright ridiculous and based on nothing but paranoia.
- Butt-Monkey: Winston escapes eviction while still on the block, only for the guy who was previously on the block with him as a pawn and got off to win HOH and immediately put him up again.
- Control Freak: DEAR GOD, WINSTON! Winston is so hungry to be in complete and total control of everything around him. He doesn't like when other people tell him what to do and he hates to follow orders. However, it appears that the only people that Winston will listen to are Tyler and Brett as they have the most calming influence on him. If it weren't for Tyler and Brett, chances are that Winston would turn into another version of Paulie Calafiore from BB18. It doesn't help Winston's case in being comparable to Paulie because ehe's also extremely paranoid and easily riled up.
- Expy: Cody Nickson from BB19. The fact that they both have a love of guns made people immediately compare Winston to Cody from the jump start. Both had a ride or die very early on in the game; Winston had a ride or die in Brett who he had a very solid bromance with. Cody had a ride or die in Jessica, who was his showmance partner. Both give off the impression that they are politically Conservative; Winston has expressed that he's Republican and he voted for Trump while Cody has stated that he was a Libertarian. The major differences between Cody and Winston is that while Cody was The Stoic and unemotional, Winston is Hot-Blooded and emotional. Cody was more of a stronger competitor while Winston was more of a crappy competitor who couldn't win comps to save his life despite appearing very athletic.
- Gun Nut: As per his intro package, is a "strong believer in the second amendment." He is even shown kissing a gun.
- Homoerotic Subtext: With Brett. They form a bromance that dominates in the house.
- Hot-Blooded: Winston is extremely passionate, hot headed, impulsive, and emotional. His emotions sometimes gets the best of him and he easily becomes paranoid and riled up. It takes some of his alliance members such as Tyler and Brett to keep Winston from completely exploding into an outburst of emotions.
- Hunk: Winston is physically appealing and a Mr. Fanservice. He's also very manly and masculine in the way he acts which contributes to why many female viewers are into him.
- Jerk Jock: Winston can be very cocky, arrogant and full of himself at times. He's not as smug and full of himself as Swaggy C, but his intensity does manage to rub people the wrong way. He likes to be in charge and gets very thorny when he's a target.
- Sore Loser: After Winston was evicted and blindsided in Week 3 by a 7-6 vote, he got up really fast, grabbed his bags and didn't hug anyone on the way out the door. He also threw Sam's friendship bracelet on the floor before leaving, indicating that he was extremely upset and embittered by being voted out and blindsided by those he felt were supposed to be his allies (Level Six + Sam). However, it's subverted now that he's had some time to process his eviction and get over it. He's now on social media rooting for his fellow Level Six alliance, especially his bro Brett.
- The Paranoiac: Winston was constantly paranoid about everything in the house. He would completely lose it randomly about game relate things and would come up with numerous conspiracy theories about the other houseguests that would set off his paranoia alarm. He would especially get paranoid and high strung whenever he felt like he could potentially go on the block.
- The Load: Downplayed. He's reluctantly evicted by Level Six after Scottie secures his nominations, not because of anything he's done, but simply because he's unable to win competitions compared to Brett and Brett seems like he can, so from a competitive perspective, he becomes the one who they decide must go.
- Those Two Guys: With Brett, they are the people everyone loves to hate. They even have their own Leitmotif: "Bromance!"
Kaitlyn Sara Herman (Evicted HG #04)
Kaitlyn Sara Herman
Born: Apr. 24th, 1994
Age (at time of competition): 24
Hometown: Plainview, NY
Current City: Encino, CA
Occupation: Life Coach
HOH Wins: 1 note
POV Wins: 0
Nominations: 1 note
Have Nots: 1note
Prizes Won: 0
Punishments Taken: 0
Finished: Placed 13th (Evicted HG #4)
Evicted: Evicted 9-1 VS. ROCKSTAR (Bonus Life Challenge failed)
HOH Evicted Under: SAM (in Week 4).
- Abhorrent Admirer: YIKES. Is she ever one for Tyler! Even though Kaitlyn has a boyfriend (though they have officially broken up now since Joe chose to break things off with her while she was still in the game), she has a strong romantic and sexual attraction to Tyler. She constantly hangs all over him and cuddles with him in bed. However, Tyler is clearly very uncomfortable with Kaitlyn's sexual and romantic advances towards him. One of the main reasons why Tyler feels uncomfortable with Kaitlyn flirting with him or trying to make moves on him is because Kaitlyn had already had a boyfriend named Joe back home. She was in a long term five year relationship and Tyler felt like he was encroaching in territory that he shouldn't. When Kaitlyn was trying to make sexual advances at Tyler while she was in the house, Tyler would repeatedly drop hints that he was not interested in her romantically or that he had no desire to pursue a relationship with her outside of the house. Still, none of Tyler's hints to her that he wasn't interested in her seemed to get through to Kaitlyn and she continued to pursue him harder and harder each time feeling like Tyler was simply playing coy or hard to get with her. While Kaitlyn admits to having an intense infatuation with Tyler and that she's downright obsessed with him in one of her DR sessions, Tyler does not feel the same way about her whatsoever and is in fact, downright annoyed and irritated by Kaitlyn. Everyone in the house constantly made comments about his relationship with Kaitlyn, questioning the nature of their relationship. Because of Kaitlyn's obsession with Tyler, the entire house constantly talked about the two of them being a duo in the game, which caused Tyler to become a potential target along with Kaitlyn. JC constantly harped on Tyler for being involved with Kaitlyn; he lectured to him that Tyler needs to stop his flirtatious relationship with Kaitlyn and get his head back in the game. Tyler admits to JC that he has no interest in Kaitlyn whatsoever and that the only reason he wanted to keep her in the house (despite everyone else wanting her out badly) is because he feels that he can control and manipulate her to do what he wants in the game. Kaitlyn is also a major Clingy Jealous Girl and a Stalker with a Crush for Tyler. She follows Tyler around the house and always wants to be in his presence. She constantly gets jealous whenever Tyler is talking to or flirting with other girls in the house, one of the major reasons why he couldn't stand Haleigh who would constantly flirt with Tyler in the earlier weeks of the game. With how obsessed Kaitlyn is about Tyler, Kaitlyn is a certified Yandere for him. Kaitlyn's obsessive infatuation with Tyler is strongly comparable to GinaMarie Zimmerman's obsessive and creepy crush on Nick Uhas from BB15. Tyler better watch out because Kaitlyn is sure crazy about him whether he likes it or not!
- Affably Evil: She looks like a cute and harmless person at first glances, but in reality, she's absolutely unstable, bat shit crazy and very volatile. Her true colors were revealed in Week 2 when she became HOH, but she was starting to show light on her true personality in Week 1 when she chose to backstab her alliance called Sacred 6 by voting against them. She voted out Steve instead of Sam although her alliance had wanted Sam out of the house and wanted to keep Steve. She chose to side with Tyler and Level 6 because of her strong obsessive feelings and infatuation for Tyler and because Tyler manipulated her into turning on her alliance so that he could keep Sam in the house. After voting against her alliance, she pretended that she didn't turn on them and that she was still a part of their alliance even though she had went against them and backstabbed them. However, it was obvious to the Sacred 6 alliance that it was Kaitlyn who had turned on them and that could no longer trust her. They were shocked about Kaitlyn turning on them because they didn't expect such a thing from her especially because she was the one who created the Sacred 6 alliance in the first place and then went on to almost immediately stab them in the back by siding with Tyler, JC, Sam and Level 6. In Week 2, her personality got even worse when she won HOH and she became power hungry and suffered from a seriously bad case of HOH-itis. On the surface, she pretended that she was not going to target any member of the Sacred 6 alliance. She, however, was scheming and plotting their demise behind their backs along with Tyler. She pretended to be on Sacred 6's side when she chose to nominate two neutral pawns, Winston and Scottie. She proceeded to backstab and betray her alliance even more when Tyler chose to use the POV to take Scottie off the block and Kaitlyn then backdoored Swaggy C because Tyler and Level 6 had manipulated her into doing so. Kaitlyn would also resort to emotionally blackmailing Tyler on and off during her HOH week and trying to use her power as HOH over him. She would resort to sexually manipulating him and trying to lure him into giving her sexual favours in favour of making the game moves that he wanted but Tyler, being much more moral than Kaitlyn, repeatedly declined and turned her down. When Tyler wouldn't give into her demands and didn't always want to give her the attention that she wanted, she would try to manipulate Tyler by telling him that she wanted Swaggy to stay. Fans pointed out that although Tyler is emotionally manipulating Kaitlyn and paying her hardcore, Kaitlyn is also sexually manipulating Tyler so that he submits to her wiles. Kaitlyn is one of the most dangerous female players in the house and Sam, as HOH, even mentioned that Kaitlyn's behaviour is very inappropriate because of how much she sexually manipulates and uses the men in the house. It was the very reason why Sam ended up nominating Kaitlyn in the first place. Kaitlyn may seem like she's all small, adorable and cute because she's the smallest girl in the house at 4'11", but she' definitely very dangerous and unpredictable. Her emotionally instability and her overall unpleasant personality hasn't done her any favours with both the houseguests and the fans.
- Apologetic Attacker: She has a complete breakdown when she replaces Scottie on the block with Swaggy C, her intended target.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Haleigh's Betty for Faysal's Archie. It's uncertain if this is actually really a love triangle because it's rather complicated and messy. Faysal has expressed that he doesn't have any romantic interest in Kaitlyn and only views her as a friend. Plus, there's also the fact that Kaitlyn is currently in a relationship and has a boyfriend back home. So her flirting with Faysal and her relationship with him is seen as borderline cheating and infidelity especially by the fans. Due to this, many people are calling Kaitlyn the second coming of Christine Brecht. Kaitlyn on the other hand does have a romantic attraction and interest in Faysal which is clearly being unreciprocated. Because of this, Kaitlyn has felt a bit scorned and rejected. Faysal, on the other hand, is attracted to Haleigh and has strong feelings fo attraction for her. He comes on strong when it comes to Haleigh and he appears to care more about getting into a romance with Haleigh than about focusing on the game the way he should be. However, Haleigh, unlike Kaitlyn, doesn't have any romantic attraction to Faysal whatsoever and has expressed that she only likes him as a friend in so many words, something that has gone over Faysal's head repeatedly. Still, Haleigh friend-zoning Faysal doesn't change his persistence and his determination for them to be together in a showmance. Haleigh is just a very flirtatious person and has flirted with pretty much all the attractive men in the house including Tyler, Brett, Winston and Faysal. Haleigh is clearly using Faysal and playing him but he's too gullible to realize it.
- Berserk Button: Seeing Faysal flirting with Haleigh is bound to set off her Clingy Jealous Girl alarm bells and cause her to freak out majorly. The funny thing about it is that Faysal has made it obvious to her that he's not into her romantically and that he only views her as a friend. Because of her irrational and emotional behaviour over Faysal, she comes across as too emotionally attached and unstable. Some fans say that the may be the second coming of GinaMarie Zimmerman from BB15 or Danielle Murphree from BB14.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Could have been a strong player in the house, were it not for a lot of severe emotional baggage going in and a lot of unscrupulous behavior on the live feeds that made her an easy target. She just didn't know how to disguise her actions like Tyler and made herself the subject of just about every conversation because people naturally wanted to gossip about the naughty things she did.
- Break the Cutie: She is so badly broken by week 4 she cannot bring herself to win a challenge to get herself back into the house and gives up in full panic mode as time runs out.
- Broken Tears: Cries inconsolably all day after backdooring Swaggy.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: YIKES. Kaitlyn was very jealous and envious of any girl who so much as paid attention to first Faysal and then Tyler. Kaitlyn couldn't stand the fact that Faysal was completely and undeniably infatuated with Haleigh since the beginning. Kaitlyn flirted with Faysal but Faysal had friend zoned her and only viewed her as a friend while he saw Haleigh as a romantic interest. In Week 1, her jealousy over Faysal and Haleigh being in bed together was one of her trigger points in turning against her alliance and flipping to the other side. Tyler used Kaitlyn's jealousy over Faleigh to manipulate her into voting on his side of the house. Kaitlyn's jealousy and possessiveness was so much worse when it came to Tyler. Kaitlyn was visibly jealous over any girl that looked Tyler's way such as Haleigh and Angela for example. Whenever Haleigh was flirting with Tyler, she would give her the stink eye and basically tell her to stay away from Tyler. Post eviction, Kaitlyn has given some hints that she's jealous of Tyler and Angela's relationship.
- Combat Clairvoyance: An ultra-rare real life example. Kaitlyn displayed a strange awareness of Brett and Winston's plot to backdoor her by working over Scottie, and almost immediately after Scottie confirmed this was true, she freaked out at the fact her vision was true and went out of the HOH room to grill Brett.
- Cute and Psycho: Kaitlyn is downright crazy, let's face it. She could easily become an emotional mess if something sets her off. She's highly emotionally and mentally unstable and she constantly requires assurance, affirmation and attention from others. If she doesn't receive those things, she can fly off the handle and become downright irrational, confrontational and abrasive. Kaitlyn has a very close relationship with Tyler and many fans have commented that they are scared for Tyler's safety because of how unstable she is. They feel that Kaitlyn is becoming a Yandere and a Stalker with a Crush for him and that Tyler need to try and distance himself away from her so that she doesn't eventually become a Woman Scorned shall he have to make a game move against her. Let's not forget that Kaitlyn completely lost it when she found out that Faysal and Haleigh were starting to get closer with each other. She had a major Freak Out! and ended up switching sides and allegiances by going against her own alliance and voting out Steve. She's now clung to Tyler like glue and she doesn't have any plans on turning against him because she sees Tyler as her emotional rock and anchor in the game. It's clear that Kaitlyn is batshit fucking insane and crazy but nobody has the guts to call her out on the fact that she's unstable and crazy out of fear that she would come after them or lash out in anger.
- Dramatic Irony: Kaitlyn had the guts to make a big move early on in the game but none of the backbone necessary to take the betrayals herself.
- Emotional Bruiser: She was doing well in the game until she saw Haleigh and Faysal beginning to develop a showmance, which sent Kaitlyn into a downward spiral of agonized feelings and caused her to lose faith in her alliance, flipping over to Tyler.
- Friend or Idol Decision: Backdooring Swaggy C meant keeping secrets from over half the house and especially Faysal, her best friend in the house. After revealing her move to the houseguests, she completely upset the whole group.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "I am a fan of the backdoor." In the context of a dating app, that means anal sex.
- Giver of Lame Names: Kaitlyn devised the acronym "FOUTTE" ("Five Of Us To The End") for her alliance in the house. The show's announcer, Clayton Halsey, sardonically chimed in during the recap segment aired on the first eviction night, "Yes, you heard right - they're calling themselves FOUTTE".
- It's Personal: Her breakdown after Faysal chose his showmance over her was inevitable, and it made Kaitlyn swear to play dirty to stay in the house and gun for Faysal.
- Large Ham: Kaitlyn is a larger than life, over the top, extravagant and dramatic personality and she loves to make a big deal out of the littlest things. Since she's a Drama Queen and an Attention Whore, Kaitlyn thriving on being the centre of attention and using he larger than life personality to achieve it is expected.
- Love Hungry: Despite being in a serious long term relationship with her boyfriend back home, Kaitlyn was still so hungry and desperate for the guys attention in the house. She pretty much said that she was in love with Tyler and wanted to be with him after the show was over, not even giving a second thought to the fact that she was in a serious relationship. Kaitlyn was so thirsty for Tyler that she was using code words to tell him that she wanted to kiss him, sleep with him, and be with him outside go the house. Kaitlyn constantly making advances and passes at Tyler clearly made him very uncomfortable and there's no doubt that Tyler was relieved to be rid of her once she was evicted in Week 4.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Kaitlyn acted completely irrational and crazy when it pertained to her relationship with Tyler. Kaitlyn managed to turn against her alliance and her side of the house ll because she was lusting after Tyler. She even backdoored her own alliance member Swaggy C when she was HOH!
- Karma Houdini: Betrays her side of the house and then immediately afterward scoops up the second HOH of the season. She then uses her head of household to attack her side of the house too (nominating Swaggy C) and gets away with it.
- Karma Houdini Warranty: However, she later gets evicted in a 9-1 vote by the rest of the house once she's put up because of the fact that she'd made herself untrustworthy by betraying her original alliance twice with her involvement in Steve and Swaggy C's evictions.
- Mood-Swinger: Kaitlyn has very unpredictable and wide mood swings. She can easily switch from being very cheery, happy and optimistic, to someone who is crying, whiny, and attention seeking. Because of her unpredictable moods, many people think she's not okay upstairs and that there's something wrong with her mental health.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Subverted. Kaitlyn ends up benefitting from the Bonus Life app, but she is unable to complete her designated challenge, meaning that her eviction stuck.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: She's a practicing yogi who talks about reading others' chakras and auras, and uses holistic remedies like sage and "essential oils".
- Number Two: Subverted. She thinks she is Tyler's go-to, but Tyler later says she's more like "number nine or ten". However, Tyler invokes this idea by making everyone think he's bitter about her eviction like she was his right-hand woman.
- Overshadowed by Controversy: Kaitlyn is one of the most controversial houseguests of this season due to her flirting with men (while in a five-year relationship), and quoting a song that used the N-word.
- Really Gets Around: Kaitlyn had a reputation in the house for being promiscuous and slutty because she was using flirting and her sexuality as a tactic and strategy in her game. She was flirting with multiple guys in the house even though she was in a long term serious relationship with her boyfriend of five years named Joe. She engaged in flirtatious behaviour with Faysal, Brett and Tyler. Her relationship and flirting with Tyler was particularly uncomfortable and immoral since she had pretty much spelt it out for him that she wanted to sleep with him and that she wanted tp be with him. In Week 4, Sam called out Kaitlyn in her nomination speech, citing that she doesn't respect Kaitlyn in the game because of her strategy of using her feminine wiles and sexuality to manipulate and play the men in the house, in particular Tyler. Her controversial relationship with Tyler sparked much chatter amongst the fan base and she became one of the most disliked and hated players of the season. Her flirtatious relationship with Tyler is very reminiscent of the controversial relationship between Cody Calafiore and Christine Brecht on BB16. Christine, who was married and in a serious relationship like Kaitlyn, was flirting with Cody, like Tyler who was a hot unmarried single guy.
- The Scrappy: WHOA. Is Kaitlyn ever loathed, hated and despised by the vast majority of the Big Brother fanbase! But it's not for no reason. Kaitlyn is hated by the majority of fans because they find her attitude very repulsive. On top of being a spoiled brat who throws a temper tantrum and whines and pouts when she doesn't get her way, she's also very emotionally unstable and a Mood-Swinger. Her mood switches on a dime and she's very chaotic and unpredictable. What really disgusts a lot of the fans is that she's flirting and cuddling with pretty much every single male houseguest and she has a boyfriend named Joe back home while she's doing this. Fans proclaim Kaitlyn is the next Christine Brecht from BB16, who had a flirtmance with Cody while she was still married to her husband Tim. Kaitlyn didn't do herself any favours with the fans when she decided to turn on her alliance and be disloyal to them by throwing them to the wolves and backstabbing Swaggy C, who was a member of her alliance. Her obsessive attachment to Tyler is a major turnoff to many of the fans and they feel that she uses a lot of emotional manipulation on him in order to get him to be her number one ally. Fans also hate Kaitlyn because they feel that she is a huge liability and detriment to Tyler and his game and that she could be his downfall and undoing eventually. Kaitlyn has an A God Am I complex and is incredibly delusional and narcissisticshe believes that everything she does is for the greater good or higher good. She states that her induction is always correct and that she uses it to influence her strategy and her game moves. She's extremely confrontational with others and she likes to start drama with other people. She's an Attention Whore who likes to make everything revolve around her and when it doesn't., she throws a fit. It's no wonder why fans are just downright done with putting up with Kaitlyn and would like her to go sooner than later. In fact, so many fans despise her that they want Kaitlyn to be evicted pre jury, because they feel that shall she make jury, she will be a very emotional and bitter juror who would vote personally.
- Slut-Shaming: Kaitlyn is subjected to this in Week 4, when HOH Sam nominates her and Kaitlyn because she disapproved of their flirting with some of the male contestants, believing that both women "took the easy way" to get ahead in the game. Needless to say, as her post-nomination Diary Room entry shown, she was not happy that Sam nominated her for personal beliefs, calling it "the opposite of female empowerment." It can be argued that the extent of Kaitlyn's reliance on and how she behaves when around Tyler and Faysal is questionable, considering she's the only one of the two women who are in a relationship outside of the house, but Sam's decision to make this the reason why she was nominated has been seen as uncalled for by many fans and some of the houseguests (including Faysal).
- Spoiled Brat: Whenever Kaitlyn doesn't get her way, she become irritable, whiny and prone to starting fights and arguments with others. She cries a lot and will resort to pouting and whining if she doesn't get what she wants. She also uses emotional manipulation on others so that she can get other people to do what she wants. She comes across as a spoiled princess who was given everything that she wanted growing up.
- Stalker with a Crush: She was well on her way to becoming one for Tyler. The girl was seriously obsessed with him to creepy levels to the extent that she was becoming a female version of Austin BB17 or Caleb BB16. Her obsession with Tyler clearly made him uncomfortable though he couldn't publicly express that out of fear that she would get upset at him and turn on him in the game. When Kaitlyn was evicted, Tyler finally dodged a bullet.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: While Kaitlyn is 90% nice and tranquil, there's the matter of the 10% that isn't; a catty side that does not bode well for anybody who upsets her.
- Tragic Mistake: Her strategy to beat a 2-and-a-half minute timer in her Bonus Life challenge to overturn her eviction was a complete disaster. Kaitlyn tried to assemble the puzzle of herself on the floor instead of on the podium where she was instructed to piece it together, finding it easier to do because the puzzle wouldn't fall apart laying on the ground. However, she would now have to move it over to the podium before time ran out. She tugged on it, desperately trying to keep it in one piece, but i wouldn't move. Then, she whimpered, "I can't lift it...!" and at that moment the whole audience knew she was screwed—the puzzle inevitably crumbled in her hands as she tried to hastily move it to the podium before time ran out, failed to reassemble it, and then angrily knocked it down in tears when time ran out on her.
- Trauma Button: Kaitlyn has endured much verbal abuse in the past and gets easily upset if she thinks someone is out to get her. This preconception fell on Swaggy C, and Swaggy had to personally come into the HOH room, sit down with her, and swear to her that he wasn't personally after her.
- Trauma Conga Line: First comes her reluctant decision to backdoor Swaggy C, then comes two whole weeks of being blamed for every shady move in the house, then comes her own backdooring, immediately followed by her failure to win her way back into the game.
- Wild Card: Fessy can't sit still peacefully for very long, doesn't always pick the right side of the house to vote on, and does a lot of irrational and highly visible things that upset players who are good at ducking under the radar. He interferes with many plans unwittingly and has annoyed JC and Haleigh to no end.
- Woman Scorned: Post eviction, Kaitlyn had the expectation that she was going to pursue a relationship of a romantic nature with Tyler outside of the house once the game way over. After all, her boyfriend Joe had broken up with her while she was still in the game due to Kaitlyn professing romantic feelings for Tyler along with flirting with Fessy and Brett. However, once Kaitlyn sees that Tyler and Angela are becoming closer, Kaitlyn gets noticeably more and more jealous. Come Week 11 and Week 12, and Kaitlyn is downright bitter and angry over Tyler and Angela after they finally tell each other that they are in love with each other. Kaitlyn has said that she is going to call Tyler out at the finale for trying to emotionally manipulate her. It's clear that Kaitlyn isn't taking Tyler being with Angela all too well and that she's pretty salty and bitter!
- Yandere: For Tyler. Kaitlyn obsession for Tyler is very obvious. She was constantly following him around the house, would become emotional when Tyler would avoid her, and acted like a stalker for him.
- Your Cheating Heart: Kaitlyn has a boyfriend named Joe back home and she has made that very clear. But she has crossed the line with multiple men in the house including Fessy, Brett and Tyler. She has acted very intimate with Fessy on numerous occasions such as touching and cuddling with him and telling him that she wanted to sleep with him. She constantly flirts with Brett and cuddles with him. And finally, she';s very emotionally involved with Tyler and has become a stalker for him. She follows him around the house and is constantly laying on top of him. Although Tyler clearly shows hesitance around Kaitlyn and shows signs that he's very uncomfortable with Kaitlyn's advances, Kaitlyn is very persistent in her pursuing of Tyler. There was an instance where she wrote a code on Tyler's arm that she wanted to kiss him. It's clear that Kaitlyn has some type of emotions and feelings for Tyler although it's highly uncertain if Tyler feels the same way. Many fans argue that Tyler is just using Kaitlyn for game purposes and that he has no intention of reciprocating her feelings. Tyler probably feels uncomfortable with Kaitlyn;s advances towards him because he knows that she's in a long term relationship with her boyfriend and doesn't want to destroy her relationship back home. On Day 23, Joe, Kaitlyn's boyfriend, chose to break up with Kaitlyn and his family announced the breakup on Twitter. Kaitlyn is currently in the dark about the fact that her boyfriend could no longer handle Kaitlyn's cheating and unfaithful behaviour and has decided to break up with her while she's still in the house.
Rachel Elizabeth Swindler (Evicted HG #05)
Rachel Elizabeth Swindler
Born: Jul. 15th, 1988
Age (at time of competition): 29 (turned 30 while in the house)
Hometown: Myrtle Beach, SC
Current City: Las Vegas, NV
Occupation: Vegas Entertainer
HOH Wins: 0
POV Wins: 0
Nominations: 1 note
Have Nots: 1 note
Prizes Won: 0
Punishments Taken: Yell! note
Finished: Placed 12th (Evicted HG #5)
Evicted: Evicted 5-4 VS. BRETT
HOH Evicted Under: BAYLEIGH (in Week 5).
- Abhorrent Admirer: For Brett. In Week 9, Brett discusses over the live feeds that Rachel desperately wanted a showmance with him and started trying to lay the groundwork for one on Day 2. It was before the live feeds had even started, and she waited for him to get out of the shower and was making flirty advances toward him. Brett also said Rachel told him "I want to S your D" and it became a running joke for several days. Brett remarked that he didn't want a showmance with her because he saw several red flags popping up about Rachel and felt that if they had a relationship outside of the house, their personalities wouldn't work together and they'd have screaming arguments.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: At first, Rachel came across as distant, icy and aloof. But she subverts this because she's friendly, goofy and sociable despite her constantly looking stoic. She's also rather emotional as well.
- Bare Your Midriff: Rachel constantly wears tops and sports bras that expose her stomach or midriff. It's so much of her signature that fans constantly ask if Rachel actually owns a shirt.
- Big "WHAT?!": Rachel freaks out this way when she hears Angela proudly admitting in her goodbye message that Level Six flipped on her.
- Break the Cutie:
- Has a breakdown in the diary room when receiving her "crap app," since she believes it's because America dislikes her; in actuality, she was just very under-the-radar and slipped everyone's mind.
- Her eviction came as a personal blindside and she immediately stormed out of the house, speechless. For the next few minutes, Julie was barely able to get Rachel to so much as talk before she finally began to give in to a mess of emotions.
- Broken Tears: The final result of being blindsided on Week 5 was that it slowly dawned upon Rachel how all her "friends" in the house among her allies voted to evict her, which made for one very tearful exit from the house.
- Butt-Monkey: The whole time the "Yell!" reviewer is tormenting her in the house and giving her ZERO STARS!!! This is the same pudgy man who tormented Cody and Jessica in Season 19 in the traffic signal holding HOH competition and was an obstacle in the airport-themed Veto. To top it off, her entire alliance of Level 6 turns own her and doesn't even tell her that they are planning to get her out of the house. They felt betrayed by the fact that she threw her alliance under the bus over a lie that was told by the opposition (Bayleigh). Worse, she gets dragged and mocked long after being evicted.
- The Chew Toy: After her eviction, the houseguests start to reveal that they all have some choice things to say about Rachel because she's been acting very perverted and annoying outside of the televised episodes. Rachel's name keeps coming up and being bashed repeatedly as the game continues.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: The houseguests joked she was one of the most clueless people in the kitchen and once put a mountain of grease on just a few strips bacon to the point it would be less like cooking them on a skillet to more like deep-frying the bacon. Worse, Rachel poured it all down the sink, which is a sure way to start a clog. Angela also wonders if Rachel eats out all the time because she can't cook in real life.
- Didn't See That Coming: Rachel had absolutely no idea she was fast becoming a blindside in the works until the stab in the back took place. It upset her so badly that she made one of the fastest exits out of the house in Big Brother US history, out the door with her bag before anyone could even speak a word to her or so much as touch her. She was beyond livid as she skulked out the door, and almost launched into a profane rant afterward.
- Drama Queen: Rachel was an overly dramatic personality who had a habit of blowing things out of proportion constantly. Her proneness to acting dramatic cost he in the game and was the biggest reason why she was sent home by her own alliance.
- Dramatic Irony: Her own eviction was self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Femme Fatale: Even lampshaded by Scottie in the first episode of the season.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: She has the honor of being the first houseguest to ever have her Diary Room Session crashed in the middle, when the house operators turned off the lock to the DR and the Yell reviewer was allowed to bust in and start bashing her even in the one place she thought she was safe from him, just in case she tried to take cover from him.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Forced to tone down her language post-eviction when she's about to drop some very heavy f-bombs live, and Julie warns her, "Please don't swear."
- Ironic Name: She may very well have the most appropriate last name for the Big Brother house, ever.
- One Steve Limit: Broken when Rachel Reilly Villegas entered the house to host the fourth Veto Competition of the season. Strangely, though, no comments were made that there were now two Rachels in the house, nor any jokes about the last name of Swindler.
- Properly Paranoid: Rachel recognized how pawns can be sent home instead of intended targets for eviction. Her inability to stay calm after being nominated was not unfounded, but when she took that nervous behavior out on her own allies, Angela found it uncalled for. Angela then went to Tyler and confirmed that he wasn't against her, and then Tyler went to the rest of the alliance in succession, and now they really didn't want anything more to do with her. Rachel cemented her own downfall in the game.
- Refuge in Audacity: On television, Rachel appears nearly spotless. On the live feeds, Rachel behaved very naughtily around several of the guys and made some really dirty and kinky remarks around Brett.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Rachel suspected someone was going to flip the vote on the eviction while she was nominated, and believed it would be instigated by Tyler. Her unsteady and accusatory behavior toward her own ally caused this to actually happen.
- Sore Loser: After going home, she met up with Winston and Kaitlyn and they all formed a posse at her place where they began to diss the other houseguests, especially Angela. Rachel as well as her friends and siblings have taken to trashing Angela at every opportunity on Instagram live streams. They want to see Angela lose because "Karma's a bitch".
- Troll: She was very giddy about chasing after Scottie after learning he hadn't been in a relationship or kissed.
- Unwitting Pawn: Used as a pawn Week 5, but her paranoia got the better of her and convinced the rest of Level Six to cut her loose.
- The Vamp: Rachel is one of the most flirtatious people in the house aside from Kaitlyn, but it makes a lot of the guys nervous to be around her because she is way too forward.