Jacob Morgan a.k.a. Machina
- Barbie Doll Anatomy
- Brain Uploading: The nanite swarm he was transformed into is held together by his "consciousness emulation". He angsts a bit over it since he wonders if he's still himself or a mere copy of the original "Jacob Morgan".
- Butter Face: He has less difficulty for giving himself a six-pack than shaping his face.
- Elemental Embodiment: It's hinted he's slowly becoming this for the emerging Kingdom of Machines - the Metal.
- Elemental Powers: A Technopath with a touch of electricity-control.
- The Gadfly: When he's not self-deprecating, he enjoys trolling his teammates.
- Gadgeteer Genius: With his powers over technology, he's able to give new and improved gear to the Team.
- Heroes Want Redheads: When he falls for Starfire.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Quite snarky towards himself. Starfire doesn't like it.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": He almost worships the Justice League, especially Superman.
- Mystical White Hair: When he tried to imitate hair structure, he realised it was easier to mimick diamond strands, so he got this.
- No-Sell: Total immunity to telepaths - when they try to read his mind, they stumble upon his nanites' chittering and wind up with a headache.
- Occult Blue Eyes: After he discovered the "Algorithm", he gained these. When looking closer, there's fractal designs in the irises.
- Older Than He Looks: He hangs out with teens and his body is very much non-indicative, but he's actually twenty-eight years old.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: He apparently nurses a fondness for the sci-fi genre. Just look at his nicknames for the machine spirits he meets.
- Progressively Prettier: The more he gains control over his abilities, the more he can remodel his body. Case in point: his original form looked like a xenomorph instead of a human.
- Pro-Human Transhuman
- Running Gag: Tends to name machines he comes into contact with (living ones, like the New Genesphere or M'gann's ship, not the coffee maker or the toaster) after shout-outs. M'gann's ship he names after Moya from Farscape, and the New Genesphere becomes Rommie after a living ship from the series Andromeda.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: His nanites are able to reproduce every weapon they consumed.
- Team Dad: Batman actually put him on the Team because he hoped Machina would be a mature, stabilizing influence on the younger sidekicks. It seemed to have worked quite well.
- Technically Naked Shapeshifter: Because normal clothes would be shredded, and shapeshifting ones he would constantly worry about eating them.
- Two First Names: In the purest comics tradition, yet he didn't originate from Marvel or DC.
- Xenomorph Xerox: His base shape after being converted into nanites. He mainly uses it for stealth.
Koriand'r of Tamaran a.k.a. Starfire
- Action Girl: Oh, yes.
- Adaptational Modesty: Her costume is more in line with her Teen Titans depiction than her swimsuit from The '80s - her actual bathing suit here.
- Ambiguously Bi: Tamaran was very much a free-love culture, so Kori isn't afraid to be very cuddly towards males and females. And there's also the matter of her kissing both Superboy and Miss Martian - to learn more languages, but still.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: The warrior princess was picked to lead the Team after a popular vote.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit is much like her Teen Titans outfit, so this is in effect.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Her cooking is... interesting. In the Chinese meaning.
- Does Not Like Spam: Tofu reminds her of the gruel she was forced to eat when she still was a Citadelan prisoner.
- Fiery Redhead: A literal case when she flies. More seriously, she's very much in touch with her emotions and isn't afraid to show it.
- Flaming Hair: The energy she absorbs from the sun migrates towards her scalp and uses her hair as exhaust conduit, which leaves a plasma trail behind her.
- Flying Firepower: The Light outright calls her one.
- Girly Bruiser: Quite physical when she goes to town with the enemy, her personality has the traditionally feminine qualities of compassion and openess.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Orange, actually. Still a babe.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: She genuinely doesn't get why humans bother so much with nudity. On the other side, she's aware of her great beauty and isn't afraid to use it.
- Jabba Table Manners: Some women can eat anything with utter class and elegance. Kori is not one of these.
- Nice Gal: Chipper, cuddly and sunny, that's Kori!
- Nightmare Fetishist: She cooed over a sea louse, finding it "adorable". Kaldur also discreetly snarked it was the reason why she was attracted to Machina.
- The Power of the Sun: Her powers come from the ultraviolet light she absorbs.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: She's basically the deuteragonist and Love Interest for the main character.
- The Tease: She outright kisses people to learn languages instead of merely touching them because it's more fun and really enjoys entering her teammates' personal space.
- Secret Keeper: She's the only member of the Team to be aware Machina's a self-insert.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She meets Jacob when he helps her to flee a life of enslavement and grow closer from him as they are doing superheroics together.
- Stripperiffic: Her costume actually needs to cover her skin as less as possible, due to her powers being solar-powered. And because one of her abilities is enhanced durability, there's no need for armor.
- Vague Age: She was around the human equivalent of fifteen when the Citadel captured her, but she doesn't know how much time she spent enslaved.
Wally West a.k.a. Kid Flash
- Arbitrary Skepticism: He refuses to believe in magic and maintain science can explain everything. This despite his close friend Kaldur using magic on a daily basis.
- Big Eater: As always.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Really enjoyed the sight of Starfire making out with Miss Martian to learn her language.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Poor thing is left a drooling mess when he first meets Starfire and later events don't help.
- Super Speed: He's a speedster, so this is a no-brainer.
Dick Grayson a.k.a. Robin
- The Baby of the Bunch: The youngest and smallest of the team, if not unexperienced.
- Badass Normal
- Fatal Flaw:
- He thinks he ought to be the leader. Except that, he doesn't actually know how to lead.
- He's very nosy and refuses to leave some matters alone. Machina gently calls him out on this, since this kind of behaviour could really hurt his friends.
- Not So Above It All: Since his main contacts with attractive women were them trying to kill or hurt him and he didn't entered puberty, he thought he was immune to feminine wiles. Enters a bikini-clad Kori, and our little bird suddenly discovers his libido.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: He loves pulling this. He even manages to use it against Machina in spite of his teammate's ultrasound radar - by hiding himself behind his cape à la Bela Lugosi.
M'gann M'orzz a.k.a. Miss Martian
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Decidedly not okay with Starfire kissing Superboy, even if she only wanted to learn the languages he knew.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: At least she's less of a Cordon Bleugh Chef than Kori...
- Green-Skinned Space Babe
- Mind Manipulation: Her forte.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: She's able of it, but this talent isn't her favourite.
- Can't Catch Up: Angsts over being a half-breed because that means he'll never reach Superman's level.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Cue angstfest because it means he's obviously inferior to the entirely Kryptonian Superman.
- Has Two Daddies: Learns earlier he's a Half-Human Hybrid and that his human genetic donor is Lex Luthor.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: After he confessed he was a polyglot due to Cadmus's telepathic teaching, Starfire decided she wanted to learn... Poor boy was so shocked he forgot to sock her for touching him without his permission.
- Super Strength: Part of being a Kryptonian... well, half-Kryptonian.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Red sunlight will ruin his day in spite of him not being a pure Kryptonian.
Kaldur'ahm a.k.a. Aqualad
- Bare Your Midriff: Which leads Machina to snarkily ask if she's relying on her "uterus force" to protect her vulnerable stomach from harm.
- Eating the Eye Candy: She was quite the happy spectator when Jacob and Superboy decided to practice wrestling... bare-chested.
- Willing Channeler: When the whole Tower of Fate fiasco happens, she decided to wear the helmet of Fate since she was the less able fighter.
The Fog, the Entity, the Remnant
- Big Damn Heroes: It saved Machina from irreversible deletion when the Calculator ambushed him.
- Came Back Strong: Dr Serling tried to kill the Fog by giving it an existensialist crisis. It partially worked... and let the surviving remains attain sapience.
- Contemplate Our Navels: It was nonplussed by Machina going way beyond what logic and reason would dictate, and found itself fascinated by the possibility of evoluting.
- Grew Beyond Their Programming: As the Fog, its only goal was self-preservation. Attaining self-awareness and meeting Machina let it realize it could become so much more.
- Adaptational Personality Change: More like "Adaptational Given a Personality".
- Living Ship: She belongs to M'gann.
- Not So Above It All: Unable to feel lonely or bored, but will grow annoyed when you forget to feed her a "treat". She outright swallowed Jacob's hand while he was holding one.
- Organic Technology: A staple of Martian culture.
- Shout-Out: She's a Living Ship named Moya.
- The Voiceless: Mainly expresses herself through telepathic feelings.
New Genesphere, Super Cycle, Rommie
- Accidental Truth: Her calling Machina a "Prime" - when she met him, his aura was so strong she thought he was amongst the upper echelons of Earth's machines. Foreshadowing points to Jacob becoming the Elemental Embodiment of the Machine Kingdom, so she wasn't wrong.
- Constantly Curious: She's a Scout unit, being curious is in her code.
- Genki Girl: Very enthusiastic about her job.
- Large Ham: Her speech tends towards the grandiose and the occasional bouts of Ye Olde Butchered English. She is from New Genesis...
- I Choose to Stay: When given the opportunity to be returned to New Genesis, she asks to pursue her exploration mission on Earth.
- Innocently Insensitive: She fretted over the tragedy of Red Tornado being unable to fulfill his prime directive... which was to slaughter the Justice League. Yeah, awkward.
- Shout-Out: Machina nicknames her Rommie after the Living Ship from Andromeda.
- You Are Number 6: She first introduced her self by her serial number 72046-Fel-Alvec-Rom, but gladly accepted a more personal designation.
- God in Human Form: Rommie consistently refers to Mother Boxes as the highest authority for New Genesis and Apokolips' mechanical hierarchy, and they possess stupendous abilities - such as warping spacetime to open a Boom Tube.
- Nice Gal: Mister Miracle's Mother Box is very friendly and affable when Machina talks with her.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. All Mother Boxes are named Mother Box, this is the inflection which differentiates them.