open/close all folders
Top 10 Jerks in Video Games
- The "I Like To Ski" song from his Top Ten Jerks In Video Games video.
PBG: (Singing) I like to ski! I like to ski! I can ski free! I can ski free! I am going down the snow! I do not know which I go. (gibberish) GO! I like to ski! *yeti'd*
- He gets angry when a Blue Shell prevents him from getting third place in "Mario Kart."
PBG: Hey, don't disrespect third place! That's a bronze medal; people train their whole lives to get that crap! *a medal appear onscreen which displays PBG giving a thumbs up and says "You tried!"
- Gleefully showing off a mod that allows you to kill the kids in Skyrim.
Boy: Another wanderer here to lick my father's boots. Good job.PBG: LEARN SOME MANNERS, KID! (slashes him)
- "FUS RO WATER!"
- Onscreen text: This wasn't funny at all.
- His reaction to the realization that you can propose to your rival, Jamie, in "Harvest Moon: Magical Melody."
- He says that even though Pokey is a bad guy, he can't help but feel that he's just a misfit. Then he gets Pokey's letter...
PBG: Blah blah blah...Spankety...spankety...spankety...? YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
- His happily proclaiming that he calls his rival in the "Pokemon Red/Blue" games Dumbutt.
My Slave Kingdom
- Refering to the wizards as "Wandy Guy".
- His character named "EESDESESERD" whom he made look as ridiculous as possible.
- "I like his bald!"
- "And the runner up gets a....toaster oven? AWESOME!!!"
- Him pointing out how Lyndsay "helps" and realizing the Accidental Innuendo he caused.
PBG: And, by help I mean she just shakes your bag around and gives your wand special powers... Uhhhhhh...
- PBG laughing insanely and running around while holding "The wandy thing".
- "Why did I just get a pencil?"
- "LET'S GO SAILING!" *Thud*
- "Ok, I'm gonna need five happys and twenty-five cherries.....Oh, I see....(?????)"
- PBG builds a "rocket" (in the loosest sense of the world possible) to send an NPC into space. The rocket promptly explodes.
My Derp Sims Agents
PBG: Smash the truck! Smash the truck! I'm a detective so I smashed the truck! You think you smashed the truck? No, I smashed the truck! I'm the one that smashed the truck!
- "Smash the trash can! Smash the trash can! I'm a detective so I smashed the trash can! Beat this kid... Ok, I didn't do that... BUT, SMASH THE TRUCK I DEFINITELY DID!!!"
I'm Playing Video Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames!
- Regarding one of the costumes:
PBG: Huh, this isn't so bad. Pull out the crowbar again and he looks kinda like a green-suited Gordon Freeman. You know... but a clown.
- (Singing) "Being an agent, being an agent, just walking around, and being an agent..."
- "Hey, look at that! This must be my Sim from the original video's offspring! [Beat] Kill It with Fire!"
Putt-Putt Does Some Things
- (going through the mail) "Dear PBG, you need a haircut. Dear PBG, you don't need a haircut. Dear PBG, has anyone told you that you look like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo?"
- "Ever wanted to play a game where you click on stuff? Then this is the game for you! See something? Click on it! Just click on everything, I mean what could go wrong?" (Cuts to him walking in his yard and tapping on a spigot cover... Which causes it to blow up)
- WHY ARE THERE SO MANY MAILS?
'''Mountain lion toy(?): "Why does a fireman wear red suspenders?"'PBG (kind of creeped out): "Uh, I don't caaaaare. Bye, bye.
- FANTASY MOOOONTH while Putt Putt Mows a Lawn.
- Firebert's first appearance as him being zoomed in on, but then towards the end of him talking, the Mega Man Cartoon "DERP" picture appears from the corner.
- His breakdown after saying that watching Putt-Putt get a new paint job (of purple, again) was the most fun he's had all day. Then what he says when playing some stupid puzzle:
PBG (crying) : I hate my life. I just want to play Diablo 3!
Putt Does Some Things Again
- The intro, of course:
PBG: "About a year ago, I did a video on some Putt Putt games. (close up on his eyes, frequently darting around, he speaks in a hushed voice) And I've never be the same since! (speaking normally now) Actually I have. I have since coped with how many mails there are, the FCC never followed up on that death threat, but I do still get letters about whether I should cut my hair."
- Him pointing out that Mister Baldini is a little bit of a racial stereotyped character.
- WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BEES?
- Pointing out Putt-Putt's Captain Obvious.
Putt-Putt: "Hey! It's a billboard for the Cartown Zoo!"
- His reaction to Smokey in the second half:
PBG I think I need to call 911 again, actually.
- The picture he displays really sells it, it's of Putt-Putt at the blower and the word bubble he added says: "Hello, Mr. Policeman? I believe I am about to be sexually assaulted."
- In going to the library to find what a lemur eats for Outback Al, Putt-Putt happens to find a book on animals in which you can make Putt-Putt say all the letters of the alphabet:
PBG: ...and I'm sure with my mature creative ability I can have some fun with this.Putt-Putt: F U.PBG: Perfect!
- PBG mouthing Putt-Putt's victory speech and flipping off Outback All.
- His reaction to those rhyming monkeys.
- And his reaction to when lazyass Outback Al gives Putt Putt the Junior Zookeeper award.
PBG: "Junior award?! More like the 'I should have your job award'. I saved all the animals while he just sat there doing nothing. I even fixed parts of the zoo he was supposed to be fixing while doing it. This guy sucks at his job."
- Upon realizing that Putt Putt's voice in the 5th game is different: "Oh no! They changed his voice! THEY CHAAAAAANGED HIS VOOOOOOIIICE!!!! Oh wait I don't care. Never mind."
Top 10 Scariest Enemies in Video Games
- This video has quite a few good moments. Such his maniacal laughter as he's spamming Holy Frag Grenades on the Legendary Deathclaw, among other Deathclaws. Leading to him nearly killing himself with one and the other...
- His #10 choice is Uboa from Yume Nikki. He admits that he hasn't fully played the game yet...
PBG: But what I do know...is that she [Madotsuki] looks like a kitty!
- His happy-go-lucky playing through Super Mario 64, which slowly begins to get creepier...and then the monster piano strikes.
PBG: (Pounds on his chest and gasps for air; falls over with a thump)
- The beginning of his Sinistar introduction.
PBG: Sinistar is an arcade game where-(gets blown up)...eh, let's try that again. Sinistar may not appear to be-(gets blown up). Ugh! Sinistar is a space shooter where-(gets blown up). Sinistar is really-(gets blown up). Sinistar would def-(gets blown up). I just wanna say th-(gets blown up). Pleease just let me-(gets blown up). I'M GONNA RAPE YOU!!(gets blown up)
- His opinion on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's E for Everyone rating
- "Oh, hello there, floaty men! Bye-bye, floaty men! I'm going this way..."
- "RUN FROM THE BABIES!! RUN FROM THE BABIES!!"
- His insisting that "Gameplay Mechanics" is one word
- His reason for putting SCP-173 on his list
PBG: Sure, he may look like a derp...but he'll kill you!
- The Amnesia: The Dark Descent part also has a couple of funny moments, such as when he's trying to hide from a Suitor while holding a bag of potatoes, saying he's "a tasty tasty potatoes". And later when he's trying to run away from the last Suitor while trying to close gates.
PBG: And now introducing a special solo from Peanut Butter Gamer. *Starts crying* The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round. Huh, somehow I knew I would die while singing about a school-bus. *Suitor kills him*
- His list when he realizes he means Fast Zombies from Half-Life and not the regular ones, examples which include T-Rexes, Pee and Ask Mom about the rest.
PBG:' Fast Zombies? Fast Zombies?! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
- This entire review. Highlights include the Too Dumb to Live treatment of Shuu (as in thinking the Infallible Babble about him is false despite all evidence to the contrary), and just staring on in disbelief at the concept of a pigeon dating sim.
- His reading of the It Makes Sense in Context lines are also pretty funny.
- What can you wish for, y'know, the usual things high school girl would wish for like
Conquer(ing) the world by forceRule(ing) the world from the shadows
- Him pointing out the logical fallacies of a human dating a pigeon.
Hey You, Pikachu
- I'll just count the times I said "Pikachu" (Gourmet Race plays). Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu.
- The way he points out that Pikachu can't figure out how to open the chest, despite the fact that there's a sign right behind it.
PBG: "I just don't know if only I could figure out or had some clue to help me with this puzzling situation I find myself in. Oh, what is a video game video maker to do, it's such a situation woe is me!"
Top 10 Zelda Bosses
- His "Surfing On A Top" song sung to the tune of ''Surfin' USA'' in his Top 10 Zelda Bosses is hilarious.
"Surfin' on this sand here! Surfin' in a circle! I'm surfin' in a circle! Still surfin' in a circle...."
- (After defeating Stallord) "And not that that's over with, there's only one thing left to do..."
"Surfin' on the wall here! It's really really fun! I'm surfin' on the wall and surfin' on the wall really good..."
Link, the Faces of Evil
- His whole review intro:
PBG: "Man, Zelda is great."Dark PBG(?): (hissing/rasping) "Philips!"PBG: "I really love Zelda, I'm happy."Dark PBG: C. D. I!PBG: "I don't think there's a thing of Zelda games in the world I don't love."Dark PBG: "We don't speak its name!"(cue a hashtag Overly Long Gag)
- His YouTube Poop
PBG: I apologize for that!
- Also, this:
PBG: "The first thing you'll realize when you turn on the Faces of Evil is that you've made some pretty poor life choices."
- What he says when he has to get "rubees":
PBG: (sounding bored) Boy this sure is a great way to start a game, huh? Farming for money against mindless generic enemies. Whoopdy freakin' do. It's almost like I don't want to kill myself.
- The theme Shut up and Jam Gaiden plays after a dumbfounded PBG gains the magical sword from the old fisherman.
Animal Crossing New Leaf
- His view on the cow villager Angus
- I really want to eat Angus, I mean come on, he's a cow wearing a flame shirt and his name is Angus! He's just begging to be eaten!
- The "Animal Crossing in my soup" song.
- Him gleefully admitting that you can edit the lyrics of songs in the game to be "as juvenile and inappropriate as Nintendo will allow you to get away with", and of course him showing a clip collection of said edited songs.
- Showing his friend Paul's Mii wanting some new clothes and PBG's response to it.
PBG: No, Paul! How many times do I have to say it?! CAT! SUIT! Just own it! ...you look gorgeous!
- PBG admitting that he made his friend The Completionist take up ballet... who's surprisingly good at it.
- PBG giving his brother a women's gymnastics leotard to wear... and liking it.
- The epic spazz-shot of PBG looking funny after his girlfriend's Mii rejected two of his friends' love confessions. The text blinks from "Epic Burn!" to "PBG is hot", "Jared sucks!" and "(Ian's okay)" in that order. All while playing the battle theme of Super Mario RPG.
- Making a Mii of Space Hamster, giving him a Hamster costume and making his home resemble a hamster cage. But it turns out the Mii doesn't like Spacefood.
- PBG: SHAM!!
Top Ten Worst Licensed Games
- Deciding that the T-800 sprite from the Terminator2 game looks like Hank Hill, and dubbing in the appropriate voice clips.
- After playing the Pimp My Ride game, PBG learns what Ghost Riding The Whip means (walking next to your car as it wheels forward slowly). So, he goes out and does it himself, and raps about it.
PBG: All the ladies tell me, Ghost Ride The Whip, so I go and Ghost Ride The Whip! I always do what I'm told because I'm very impressionable!
- The deadpan tone he has throughout the whole thing is what sells it.
Super Mario 64 Hacking
- His reaction to the "Make-Mario-explode-if-he-touches-anything" hack.
- PBG:"Silly Mario, living is for kids!"
- From his G-Files: Minecraft video, "PONIES!"
- "I'm Fluttershy, guys!"
- Or this gem from his friend Kyrak:
You gotta think this stuff out. This doesn't get done in a day, it's done in like an hour.
Weird Arcade Games 2
- "I'm too busy doing... Whatever this is. (Cut to three of him dancing a la The Peanuts)"
Alien: These games come from a faraway land.PBG: You mean, an alien planet?Alien: No... JAPAN!PBG: Whoa... An alien planet....
- (While playing a Japanese dating sim. His character falls over) "Oh, look at that, I won! ....Good..."
- The screen panning up a guy in swimtrunks while on the beach, with hawaiian music playing. "D-did I win?"
- PBG telling people to not record themselves playing a mini-game-game because then the following quote will be recorded.
PBG: Yeah, one second, I'm doing some balls...
Wind Waker Hacking
- Pretty much all of the hacks.
- When he introduces why he's hacking the game.
PBG: "Why, because this" *shows Link twitches as he drowns* "it's funny."
- The, "regular dirty" moment with Link running all weird.
- The hack that sends the boat speeding off into the distance... without Link: "Bye bye, boat!"
PBG: I'm sure he thought I was on him, and he's gonna realise any second now, he's gonna turn around... Just you wait and see... Boat? Boat? BOAT, COME BACK!
- PBG decides to "do some terrible things to Link":
PBG: Wait for it... and... *Link falls face down on the ground and starts twitching randomly* seizure.
- "I WILL CRUSH YOU, TINY MORTAL LADY!"
- The entire auction scene.
To Kill An Avatar:
- The song PBG makes up about the Cuccoo Revenge Squad.
They'll be comin' 'round the mountain when they come! They'll be comin' 'round the mountain when they come! They'll be comin' round the mountain, They'll be comin' round the mountain, They'll be comin' 'round the mountain when they come.. to kill ya!
- Everyone's Minecraft skins across all three seasons.
- "Who needs a map?!"
Dean: "Who-"NCS: "Who needs a map?"Dean: "-needs a... DARNIT"
- The entire Season 1, now with Highlights videos.
- Special mention goes to when McJones of all people mistook a Creeper for another player and let it inside.
What're you doing?...AAAAAAAH!
- The very early deaths of The Completionist and Soah.
- The running gag of Professor McJones and giving exposition to Jeopardy music.
- JonTron gets separated from the group and everyone is afraid that he may die. It's a very tense situation... until Jon randomly shouts "SHEEEEEEP!" in a high-pitched voice at the top of his lungs.
- Dean. Just... Dean.
Jon: "I LOVE playing this game with Dean. It is so funny."
- While PBG, Dean, and Stewart are stuck out in the middle of nowhere, digging a cave to survive the night, Jon and Barry are relaxing back at base and using the chat:
<TheOnionKing> (JonTron) you want porkchops barry?<razzbarry> nah I'm good<TheOnionKing> barry wanna eat some cotton candy<razzbarry> sure!razzbarry is eating cotton candy<razzbarry> this is delicious<TheOnionKing> good nigth barry<TheOnionKing> i love you<razzbarry> <3
- Season 2 has Kyrak's tombstone, which reads "Here lies Kyrak. He died because. (It definitely wasn't PBG.)"
- Kyrak's death by sacrifice.
- The Skull-tans.
- Minecraft Hardcore 2's final episode gives us the Dean Sword.
- Season 3's "I GOT A POTATO!"
- In season three, Jon decided to decorate their house... with lava. While the house is made out of wood. Cue Everyone having a "No. Just... No" Reaction (except for PBG) and McJones Having a Rage Quit and builds his own house. In the next episode, a stray ember nearly burns the whole house down.
Jared: HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!
- Dean ends up being the first to die in the game via a Creeper. Jon suggests they sing a hymn as a response. Cue Jon singing The Circle Of Life.
- In season 3, McJones talks about how he meditated with a mantra. Since the words itself weren't important and he was told to pick anything that rolled off the tongue, he chose "Super Nintendo."
- In Episode 7 of Season 3 gives us Jon's Secret Shack:
Smooth: Where are we building the Nether Portal?PBG: Jon made another Temple on the other island—Jared: Jon's Secret Shack.PBG: ...Jon's Secret Shack.Smooth: Where's that, is it...Jared: It's a secret!
- "I've got you! ...I'd rather not have you!"
- Jared ends up giving the first "Who needs a map?!" joke in Season 3 in Episode 7. Ironically, it happens after Dean's death.
PBG: How do you make a map?Jared: Who needs a map?!
- The fact that Caddicarus replaced Dean as the noob of the group.
- Caddicarus's Minecraft skin for Season 4 is the Burger King. He takes it very seriously and after some mention something that's not Burger King, this discussion happens:
Mc Jones: PIZZA HUT!Caddicarus: Do not speak of Pizza Hut's name in front of the Burger King. He can't do that.Mc Jones: We're not sponsored or anything, are we?Barry: Not yet.Caddicarus: We are now.Mc Jones: We're gonna be sponsored by Burger King? Awesome!PBG: If this show gets popular enough, maybe next season we can...Dean: We'll all be corporate sellouts!
- Day Z Hardcore Part 1 has McJones dying 2 minutes in, complete with a "montage."
"I'M NOT GETTING EATED! *WHOMP*"
- Later, PBG and Jontron die in the exact same way—cornered by zombies, they jump off the railing. Dean comments it was just like a zombie movie.
- And now the entire series is only three parts long.
- A bonus trainwreck episode has a large group meeting up in one area... right next to a guy with a gun, who kills them all before they can even start recording.
- In Part 2, Jared makes a joke about Russia's overabundance of blood bags. "You have a cold? Get new blood." And then a picture is edited in of Jared wearing a nurse's cap, a stethoscope, and a button that reads "Trust me, I'm a doctor."
Terraria #1 & 2
- Terraria Hardcore continues the running gag of McJones giving exposition to Jeopardy music.
- Part 3 has Jontron tossing a bomb inside the house without knowing what it was. The wall and floor blow up.
- MCJones accidentally killing a bird in part 3 with his spear, then claiming I Meant to Do That.
- Dean and McJones dying to a boulder trap in part 5.
- PBG's ongoing rampage against the bunnies. In part 8, he kills 3 at once.
- PBG's character in Season 2 looks a little... odd, to say the least.
PBG: I'm Ms. Frizzle!ProtonJon: ...after a horrible accident, or what?Dean: It's like mixed with Freddy Kreuger.
- Dean falling down a hole PBG dug and barely surviving.
- In Episode 10, PBG and Dean start racing home after the group decides to head out of the Corruption. Dean starts to get attacked by a Demon Eye and calls PBG for help, but PBG, focused on winning the race, blissfully ignores him. Suddenly, Barry is surrounded and killed, and everyone is completely shocked and wordless. PBG meekly adds "...I won the race though." Cue Dean getting cornered and killed by the Demon Eye he was asking PBG to help him kill.
- PBG is abruptly crushed by a boulder underground whilst talking about cutting the segment out since it was mostly SpaceHamster fishing. The slow-motion is even funnier.
Jeff: To waaatch me fiiiish?
PBG: Whaaaaaat?! Deeaadd!
- The lack of respect Jeff, Jon and McJones show for PBG after his death. The grave they make him, alongside the dignified stone ones built for Satch, Dean and Barry, is made from whatever materials they had lying around (wood, dirt, ice) and has a sign that reads "PBG sploded", and Jeff throws some sushi at it as a sacrifice (as PBG pointed out in the comments, he doesn't even like sushi). Later, Jeff actually replaces his avatar at the bottom of the screen with one for the penguin, saying that he doesn't need it any more.
- His avatar is even replaced with the penguin in the next episode's intro!
- While the survivors are debating the name of PBG's penguin, Jeff finds a second one and declares it '[his] penguin'. He then immediately saws it in half by accident.
Jeff: Oops. Oh cra- *dissolves into laughter*
- In the finale, tragic as it may be, Jeff's Death by Irony is somewhat this in hindsight. Literally seconds after he muses about how much of an Anti-Climax it would have been if McJones had died on the way to the boss (due to a Sticky Keys prompt), and McJones said it wouldn't be so bad, he immediately hits two stray blocks of dirt and dies upon impact. McJones's reaction makes it all the better.
McJones: ...oh no... I guess I... get the running boots...
- McJones is doing his professor bit, explaining how the giant works, but Dean keeps interrupting him, eventually prompting McJones to let out an exasperated, "Why haven't you died yet?"
- Team 1 and Team B.
- "Team 1 LIKES touching themselves."
- The Dull Surprise reveal of Dean's death.
*camera cuts to the Pirate Ship, cue Chirping Crickets*Jeff: Dean died.
- PBG having to kill McJones's zombie is hampered by it constantly moving out of range.
Pokemon AlphaSapphire Nuzlocke
- Nimnat the Nincada is considered The Load. This in itself isn't funny, but the poor thing's apparently such The Unfavorite that Jeff misspells its name in the roster sidebar and doesn't care enough to correct it for at least half a dozen episodes.
- The montage of Pokemon PBG has lost as he psychs himself up for fighting Flannery includes a Tyrannosaurus and Admiral Ackbar.
- PBG obtains Latias and names it... Lafawnda.
- PBG's sheer confusion over Mega Evolving Lafawnda. Somehow he misses the message that Latias has Mega Evolved and wonders if he did something terribly wrong. Really, his inability to figure out just what the heck is up with his new Pokemon comes off like an actual kid who has been given a powerful Pokemon and has no idea how to properly use it.
- PBG's lack of any care for his Spinda, DrnkyMcPanda, who he sees as underperforming. He barely even cares when she dies. At least at first.
- PBG pretending to jump off the cliff in Winona's gym after Shedinja dies to a Pursuit.