open/close all folders
Top 10 Jerks in Video Games
- The "I Like To Ski" song from his Top Ten Jerks In Video Games video.
PBG: (Singing) I like to ski! I like to ski! I can ski free! I can ski free! I am going down the snow! I do not know which I go. (gibberish) GO! I like to ski! *yeti'd*
- He gets angry when a Blue Shell prevents him from getting third place in "Mario Kart."
PBG: Hey, don't disrespect third place! That's a bronze medal; people train their whole lives to get that crap! *a medal appear onscreen which displays PBG giving a thumbs up and says "You tried!"
- Gleefully showing off a mod that allows you to kill the kids in Skyrim.
Boy: Another wanderer here to lick my father's boots. Good job.PBG: LEARN SOME MANNERS, KID! (slashes him)
- "FUS RO WATER!"
- Onscreen text: This wasn't funny at all.
- His reaction to the realization that you can propose to your rival, Jamie, in "Harvest Moon: Magical Melody."
- He says that even though Pokey is a bad guy, he can't help but feel that he's just a misfit. Then he gets Pokey's letter...
PBG: Blah blah blah...Spankety...spankety...spankety...? YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
- His happily proclaiming that he calls his rival in the "Pokemon Red/Blue" games Dumbutt.
- And stating that being insulted by Gary Oak from the anime is like winning a prize. And promptly gets congratulated when Gary insults him for being 'last'.
My Slave Kingdom
- Refering to the wizards as "Wandy Guys".
- His character named "EESDESESERD" whom he made look as ridiculous as possible.
- "I like his bald!"
- "And the runner up gets a....toaster oven? AWESOME!!!"
- Him pointing out how Lyndsay "helps" and realizing the Accidental Innuendo he caused.
PBG: And, by help I mean she just shakes your bag around and gives your wand special powers... Uhhhhhh...
- PBG laughing insanely and running around while holding "The wandy thing".
- "Why did I just get a pencil?"
- "LET'S GO SAILING!" *Thud*
- "Ok, I'm gonna need five happys and twenty-five cherries.....Oh, I see....(?????)"
- PBG builds a "rocket" (in the loosest sense of the world possible) to send an NPC into space. The rocket promptly explodes.
My Derp Sims Agents
PBG: Smash the truck! Smash the truck! I'm a detective so I smashed the truck! You think you smashed the truck? No, I smashed the truck! I'm the one that smashed the truck!
- "Smash the trash can! Smash the trash can! I'm a detective so I smashed the trash can! Beat this kid... Ok, I didn't do that... BUT, SMASH THE TRUCK I DEFINITELY DID!!!"
I'm Playing Video Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames!
- Regarding one of the costumes:
PBG: Huh, this isn't so bad. Pull out the crowbar again and he looks kinda like a green-suited Gordon Freeman. You know... but a clown.
- (Singing) "Being an agent, being an agent, just walking around, and being an agent..."
- "Hey, look at that! This must be my Sim from the original video's offspring! [Beat] Kill It with Fire!"
- "Super Secret Super Hero Agent Secret Agent Mcagents of Secrecy"
Putt-Putt Does Some Things
- (going through the mail) "Dear PBG, you need a haircut. Dear PBG, you don't need a haircut. Dear PBG, has anyone told you that you look like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo?"
- "Ever wanted to play a game where you click on stuff? Then this is the game for you! See something? Click on it! Just click on everything, I mean what could go wrong?" (Cuts to him walking in his yard and tapping on a spigot cover... Which causes it to blow up)
- WHY ARE THERE SO MANY MAILS?
'''Mountain lion toy(?): "Why does a fireman wear red suspenders?"'PBG (kind of creeped out): "Uh, I don't caaaaare. Bye, bye.
- FANTASY MOOOONTH while Putt Putt Mows a Lawn.
- Firebert's first appearance as him being zoomed in on, but then towards the end of him talking, the Mega Man Cartoon "DERP" picture appears from the corner.
- His breakdown after saying that watching Putt-Putt get a new paint job (of purple, again) was the most fun he's had all day. Then what he says when playing some stupid puzzle:
PBG (crying) : I hate my life. I just want to play Diablo 3!
Putt Does Some Things Again
- The intro, of course:
PBG: "About a year ago, I did a video on some Putt Putt games. (close up on his eyes, frequently darting around, he speaks in a hushed voice) And I've never be the same since! (speaking normally now) Actually I have. I have since coped with how many mails there are, the FCC never followed up on that death threat, but I do still get letters about whether I should cut my hair."
- Him pointing out that Mister Baldini is a little bit of a racial stereotyped character.
- WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BEES?
- Pointing out Putt-Putt's Captain Obvious.
Putt-Putt: "Hey! It's a billboard for the Cartown Zoo!"
- His reaction to Smokey in the second half:
PBG I think I need to call 911 again, actually.
- The picture he displays really sells it, it's of Putt-Putt at the blower and the word bubble he added says: "Hello, Mr. Policeman? I believe I am about to be sexually assaulted."
- In going to the library to find what a lemur eats for Outback Al, Putt-Putt happens to find a book on animals in which you can make Putt-Putt say all the letters of the alphabet:
PBG: ...and I'm sure with my mature creative ability I can have some fun with this.Putt-Putt: F U.PBG: Perfect!
- PBG mouthing Putt-Putt's victory speech and flipping off Outback All.
- His reaction to those rhyming monkeys.
- And his reaction to when lazyass Outback Al gives Putt Putt the Junior Zookeeper award.
PBG: "Junior award?! More like the 'I should have your job award'. I saved all the animals while he just sat there doing nothing. I even fixed parts of the zoo he was supposed to be fixing while doing it. This guy sucks at his job."
- Upon realizing that Putt Putt's voice in the 5th game is different: "Oh no! They changed his voice! THEY CHAAAAAANGED HIS VOOOOOOIIICE!!!! Oh wait I don't care. Never mind."
Putt-Putt Does Some More Things AGAIN
Top 10 Scariest Enemies in Video Games
- This video has quite a few good moments. Such his maniacal laughter as he's spamming Holy Frag Grenades on the Legendary Deathclaw, among other Deathclaws. Leading to him nearly killing himself with one and the other...
- His #10 choice is Uboa from Yume Nikki. He admits that he hasn't fully played the game yet...
PBG: But what I do know...is that she [Madotsuki] looks like a kitty!
- His happy-go-lucky playing through Super Mario 64, which slowly begins to get creepier...and then the monster piano strikes.
PBG: (Pounds on his chest and gasps for air; falls over with a thump)
- The beginning of his Sinistar introduction.
PBG: Sinistar is an arcade game where-(gets blown up)...eh, let's try that again. Sinistar may not appear to be-(gets blown up). Ugh! Sinistar is a space shooter where-(gets blown up). Sinistar is really-(gets blown up). Sinistar would def-(gets blown up). I just wanna say th-(gets blown up). Pleease just let me-(gets blown up). I'M GONNA RAPE YOU!!(gets blown up)
- His opinion on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's E for Everyone rating
- "Oh, hello there, floaty men! Bye-bye, floaty men! I'm going this way..."
- "RUN FROM THE BABIES!! RUN FROM THE BABIES!!"
- His insisting that "Gameplay Mechanics" is one word
- His reason for putting SCP-173 on his list
PBG: Sure, he may look like a derp...but he'll kill you!
- The Amnesia: The Dark Descent part also has a couple of funny moments, such as when he's trying to hide from a Suitor while holding a bag of potatoes, saying he's "a tasty tasty potatoes". And later when he's trying to run away from the last Suitor while trying to close gates.
PBG: And now introducing a special solo from Peanut Butter Gamer. *Starts crying* The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round. Huh, somehow I knew I would die while singing about a school-bus. *Suitor kills him*
- His list when he realizes he means Fast Zombies from Half-Life and not the regular ones, examples which include T-Rexes, Pee and Ask Mom about the rest.
PBG:' Fast Zombies? Fast Zombies?! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
- This entire review. Highlights include the Too Dumb to Live treatment of Shuu (as in thinking the Infallible Babble about him is false despite all evidence to the contrary), and just staring on in disbelief at the concept of a pigeon dating sim.
- His reading of the It Makes Sense in Context lines are also pretty funny. Though also mentioning that the line about the heroine taking her spoils of victory to the distant country of mascedonia makes just as little sense during the actual scene.
- What can you wish for, y'know, the usual things high school girl would wish for like
Conquer(ing) the world by forceRule(ing) the world from the shadows
- Him pointing out the logical fallacies of a human dating a pigeon.
Hey You, Pikachu
- I'll just count the times I said "Pikachu" (Gourmet Race plays). Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu.
- The way he points out that Pikachu can't figure out how to open the chest, despite the fact that there's a sign right behind it.
PBG: "I just don't know if only I could figure out or had some clue to help me with this puzzling situation I find myself in. Oh, what is a video game video maker to do, it's such a situation woe is me!"
- "Go to sleep, wake up, Pikachu. Get used to it, it's your life now!"
- PBG's theory that Pikachu is the father of the Caterpie.
Top 10 Zelda Bosses
- His "Surfing On A Top" song sung to the tune of ''Surfin' USA'' in his Top 10 Zelda Bosses is hilarious.
"Surfin' on this sand here! Surfin' in a circle! I'm surfin' in a circle! Still surfin' in a circle...."
- (After defeating Stallord) "And not that that's over with, there's only one thing left to do..."
"Surfin' on the wall here! It's really really fun! I'm surfin' on the wall and surfin' on the wall really good..."
Lord of the Rings (SNES)
- Pointing out that "Gandalf walks like a gangster".
- The montage of the wolves' laughable AI, to Katamari on the Rocks.
- Leaving Sam to get killed by the wolves.
I mean... Ooooops? Oh no, Sam is dead... I didn't even mean it to happen...
- Repeatedly having things happen in the game and stating he doesn't remember that happening in the books.
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
- Opening up the video about Animal Parade's story being that everything sucks for everyone: crops won't grow; fires won't start and fish aren't there.
- Showing some of the pictures he took in the game, including a picture of himself; a lighthouse and what looks like a close-up shot of the witch's cleavage.
PBG: Uh... l-let's stop looking at the pictures.
- PBG stating what a horrible circus master Theodore is, that he lost an elephant and a giraffe. Losing the pig is understandable, but those?
- Realizing that the animals have been lost for about a month or longer, PBG carefully looks behind the lighthouse for the giraffe and inputs a picture of a giraffe with crossed-out eyes.
- A blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, where you can see that PBG called his pet snake EESDESESES.
- Asking the penguin, that keeps running into a stone, if it requires medical attention.
- PBG's long, scary rant about how young Luna, a potential wife, looks.
- The dialogue he picks when proposing to Luna. "I want to eat your lunches."
PBG: Gets the girls every time.
- The dialogue he picks when proposing to Luna. "I want to eat your lunches."
Link, the Faces of Evil
- His whole review intro:
PBG: "Man, Zelda is great."Dark PBG(?): (hissing/rasping) "Philips!"PBG: "I really love Zelda, I'm happy."Dark PBG: C. D. I!PBG: "I don't think there's a thing of Zelda games in the world I don't love."Dark PBG: "We don't speak its name!"(cue a hashtag Overly Long Gag)
- His YouTube Poop
PBG: I apologize for that!
- Also, this:
PBG: "The first thing you'll realize when you turn on the Faces of Evil is that you've made some pretty poor life choices."
- What he says when he has to get "rubees":
PBG: (sounding bored) Boy this sure is a great way to start a game, huh? Farming for money against mindless generic enemies. Whoopdy freakin' do. It's almost like I don't want to kill myself.
- The theme Shut up and Jam Gaiden plays after a dumbfounded PBG gains the magical sword from the old fisherman.
- PBG admits liking the music for the Toiku Lighthouse level because it sounds like he's about to run a marathon. Then there's a scene of him awkwardly running to a McDonald's restaurant to feast himself with burgers.
- Then wondering what just happened and what was in those burgers. He opens one of them and there's tons of drug-like white powder on it.
- Then wondering what just happened and what was in those burgers. He opens one of them and there's tons of drug-like white powder on it.
Zelda, Wand of Gamelon (Part 1)
- Him merging with Zelda's (admittedly creepy) face.
- As well as this:
PBG: (with jerky motions) "These cutscenes are just so high quality! They must've spent a lot of time on them! Well, bye!" (walks off)
- "This has been PBG reacts to things by making faces. We thank you as always for watching, and good night."
Animal Crossing New Leaf
- His view on the cow villager Angus
- I really want to eat Angus, I mean come on, he's a cow wearing a flame shirt and his name is Angus! He's just begging to be eaten!
- The "Animal Crossing in my soup" song.
- PBG saying that he immediately added his girlfriend, Unicornism, into his game and that he gave her 'the most adorable voice possible'.
Unicornism: (in sweet, but squeaky voice) I'm Unicornism.PBG: (has multiple copies of Unicornism appear on screen and constantly repeat that line, all while he's clearly getting very scared)
- Him gleefully admitting that you can edit the lyrics of songs in the game to be "as juvenile and inappropriate as Nintendo will allow you to get away with", and of course him showing a clip collection of said edited songs.
- Showing his friend Paul's Mii wanting some new clothes and PBG's response to it.
PBG: No, Paul! How many times do I have to say it?! CAT! SUIT! Just own it! ...you look gorgeous!
- PBG admitting that he made his friend The Completionist take up ballet... who's surprisingly good at it.
- PBG giving his brother a women's gymnastics leotard to wear... and liking it.
- Unicornism and Brutalmoose having an intense airplane battle, with PBG adding guns and airplane crash noises, only to cut to black and say "There were no survivors".
- The epic spazz-shot of PBG looking funny after his girlfriend's Mii rejected two of his friends' love confessions. The text blinks from "Epic Burn!" to "PBG totes hot", "Subscribe!", "Jared sucks!" and "(Ian's okay)" in that order. All while playing the battle-won theme of Super Mario RPG.
- Making a Mii of SpaceHamster, giving him a Hamster costume and making his home resemble a hamster cage. But it turns out the Mii doesn't like Spacefood.
PBG: HE'S A SHAM!!
- PBG and Unicornism having a baby in the game. Called ChickenNug. And her turning into an adult after only a few days, now living on his island like a regular villager.
- Also showing the adorable credit sequence of the child growing up, which includes a sweet video of them having a fun day in the park. Only for PBG to admit that he was waiting for a monster to come up and destroy them all Cloverfield-style.
- Thinking that his island needed a villain, he created his Evil Counterpart: PuhBuhGu.
PBG: And just look at how EVIL he is!PuhBuhGu: (walking around with big horns on his head)
Weird i Pad Games
PBG: Ever wanted to blow stuff up? That was a trick question, actually. If you said 'yes', then you go get in a jail now.
- Several of the games he plays are rated 17+ for "frequent/intense medical/treatment information." He comments on the absurdness of bootleg Spongebob game rated 17+.
Weird i Pad Games # 2
- The first game, a game where you open a set of teeth to allow food in, is recommended by a doctor in one of the reviews.
- One game implies that a wife is shooting her husband with a bow and arrow. So PBG shoots the husband with an arrow, which causes him to lose.
- One game involves a man running away from a large group of women who want to tie him down and marry him, making him bald. To avoid them, he picks up dogs and shoots them behind him, knocking the would-be brides over like bowling pins. This is a real game.
- His little song after finishing the Baby Hazel game.
PBG: Yay! I won the game./I have many friends and I am not lame./Baby Hazel. The other girls, too./We have lots of fun, and we're better than you.
- After explaining about eating other creatures in the games Cell stage.
- After killing off another pack of creatures.
- Alien Baby: Why'd you kill my mommy?
- Dubbing his created species 'The Poob.'
- Realizing far too late into the game that he's stuck himself with the dorkiest creature he could possibly create.
Super Mario 64 Hacking
- His reaction to the "Make-Mario-explode-if-he-touches-anything" hack.
- PBG:"Silly Mario, living is for kids!"
- Mario is five balls with flashing trousers and he has no head.
Zelda Ocarina of Time Hacking
- Giant Epona.
PBG: Please do not pee on me; I'm pretty sure I would drown.
- "Uh, excuse me, sir, have you seen the entire lower half of my body anywhere? Or maybe my spine?"
- PBG's "I'm so glitch" rap.
Top 10 Laziest Things in Video Games
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
- PBG repeatedly stating that the Harvest Sprites are not drug-induced hallucations of the main character... then deciding to drop the charade and admitting that they likely are, since you do have to get high on shrooms (eat a mushroom) to even get into their house.
- While talking about the child in the game, stating that he's got 'this child caring thing' down pat and immediately cuts to making his character throw his son out of the window. Oops.
- His reaction to the game's end where the character dies and complaining that, after all the work he put into the game, that's his reward.
- PBG begins the video calmly talking about Sonic and what he is, all while more and more comments, demanding PBG to make a Sonic video, fill up the screen and begin to yell at him.
- PBG puts one portion of the main theme song in reverse in which he can perfectly hear "Austin". This makes him realize he was Sonic all this time.
- His annoyance with Tails not shutting up.
- After finishing the review, PBG gets up and runs outside, with the Sonic Heroes music playing! Then falls off a pier... and replays that shot several times, with Tails' voice clip playing over and over.
Super Mario Galaxy Hacking
- Hacking giving him the ability to obtain all 121 Stars of the game. PBG proceeds to give a thank you speech, but points out that the Stars keep disappearing and reappearing.
- PBG uses the 'Infinite Everything' cheat, which gives him infinite lives, infinite health and infinite Starbits. It also gives him infinite spin-jumps and allows him to skip parts of a level... if the player can keep swinging the WiiMote around. Cue the camera cutting to PBG swinging the WiiMote in exhaustion, falling off the chair and continuing to shake the thing on the ground. Then he loses a life.
- Using the flying cheat to obtain the Red Star powerup without a time limit.
PBG: Why play the game, when you can just fly everywhere?(Mario stops flying mid-air and falls to his death)PBG: Oh. Um, that was planned.
- A hack that causes all NPCs to be turned giant and into flexible goop. PBG loves jumping on the peniguins in Beach Bowl Galaxy, since it's like a trampoline, but as he thinks their condition is a spreading disease, he decides to blow up the entire planet, before it can spread. Mario lands on the planet and it explodes.
- Becoming more and more freaked out by the above hack, PBG begins to beg and plea for things to return to normal! It does and PBG finally relaxes again... then Mario's back promptly bends him backwards.
PBG: Oh, god! Ow! My back...! Actually, I think I can live like this.
- Following the tradition of his previous hacking videos, he says it's 'time to screw with Mario'. First portraying Mario as nothing but a giant head and PBG begins to sing to the Galaxy theme.
- Expanding on the hack, he leaves Mario the usual size, but adds the ability to move his head independently away from his body.
PBG: Excuse me, Rosalina, my eyes are over here.
- Going to his favorite level: fnd ofu uif Hanay.
- When dying, getting the message 'u bae'.
PBG: Thank you, Maro. That's very kind of you.
- When dying, getting the message 'u bae'.
- Deciding to take on Bowser, PBG notes that Mario fell asleep from all his adventures. Cue him holding a Luigi plushie, saying there's only one man who can now save them! Except Luigi is looking scrawny, so he needs to bulk up. And throws a dumbbell onto the plushie. Then cuts to the game, where Mario has been turned into Luigi with massively bulky arms.
PBG: Yeah. Looking pretty hot there. Oh, yeah!
- PBG then begins to sing a lovesong to Luigi to the Galaxy tune.
- From his G-Files: Minecraft video, "PONIES!"
- "I'm Fluttershy, guys!"
- Or this gem from his friend Kyrak:
You gotta think this stuff out. This doesn't get done in a day, it's done in like an hour.
Weird Arcade Games 2
- "I'm too busy doing... Whatever this is. (Cut to three of him dancing a la Peanuts)"
Alien: These games come from a faraway land.PBG: You mean, an alien planet?Alien: No... JAPAN!PBG: Whoa... An alien planet....
- (While playing a Japanese dating sim. His character falls over) "Oh, look at that, I won! ....Good..."
- The screen panning up a guy in swimtrunks while on the beach, with hawaiian music playing. "D-did I win?"
- PBG telling people to not record themselves playing a mini-game-game because then the following quote will be recorded.
PBG: Yeah, one second, I'm doing some balls...
Wind Waker Hacking
- Pretty much all of the hacks.
- When he introduces why he's hacking the game.
PBG: "Why, because this" *shows Link twitches as he drowns* "it's funny."
- The, "regular dirty" moment with Link running all weird.
- The hack that sends the boat speeding off into the distance... without Link: "Bye bye, boat!"
PBG: I'm sure he thought I was on him, and he's gonna realise any second now, he's gonna turn around... Just you wait and see... Boat? Boat? BOAT, COME BACK!
- PBG decides to "do some terrible things to Link":
PBG: Wait for it... and... *Link falls face down on the ground and starts twitching randomly* seizure.
- "I WILL CRUSH YOU, TINY MORTAL LADY!"
- The entire auction scene.
To Kill An Avatar:
- The song PBG makes up about the Cuccoo Revenge Squad.
They'll be comin' 'round the mountain when they come! They'll be comin' 'round the mountain when they come! They'll be comin' round the mountain, They'll be comin' round the mountain, They'll be comin' 'round the mountain when they come.. to kill ya!
- Everyone's Minecraft skins across all three seasons.
- "Who needs a map?!"
- The entire Season 1, now with Highlights videos.
- Special mention goes to when McJones of all people mistook a Creeper for another player and let it inside.
What're you doing?...AAAAAAAH!
- The very early deaths of The Completionist and Soah.
- The running gag of Professor McJones and giving exposition to Jeopardy music.
- JonTron gets separated from the group and everyone is afraid that he may die. It's a very tense situation... until Jon randomly shouts "SHEEEEEEP!" in a high-pitched voice at the top of his lungs.
- Dean. Just... Dean.
Jon: "I LOVE playing this game with Dean. It is so funny."
- While PBG, Dean, and Stewart are stuck out in the middle of nowhere, digging a cave to survive the night, Jon and Barry are relaxing back at base and using the chat:
<TheOnionKing> (JonTron) you want porkchops barry?<razzbarry> nah I'm good<TheOnionKing> barry wanna eat some cotton candy<razzbarry> sure!razzbarry is eating cotton candy<razzbarry> this is delicious<TheOnionKing> good nigth barry<TheOnionKing> i love you<razzbarry> <3
- Dean almost makes the first "who needs a map" joke of the season.
Dean: "Who-"NCS: "Who needs a map?"Dean: "-needs a... DANGIT"
- Season 2 has Kyrak's tombstone, which reads "Here lies Kyrak. He died because. (It definitely wasn't PBG.)"
- Kyrak's death by sacrifice.
- The Skull-tans.
- At one point, PBG, McJones and Barry head off into a mineshaft to look for watermelon seeds. Barry finds some, but wasn't recording, so they opt to re-enact the entire scene. Cue elaborate, fake acting of Barry opening the chest again and pretending to find seeds. The three cheer and jump, then PBG gets stuck on a spiderweb.
PBG: This wasn't rehearsed! This wasn't the way we rehearsed it!
- Minecraft Hardcore 2's final episode gives us the Dean Sword.
- The final episode featuring Barry as the Sole Survivor and slowly going insane, talking to the Wither Skull in his inventory.
- Season 3's "I GOT A POTATO!"
- In season three, Jon decided to decorate their house... with lava. While the house is made out of wood. Cue Everyone having a "No. Just... No" Reaction (except for PBG) and McJones Having a Rage Quit and builds his own house. In the next episode, a stray ember nearly burns the whole house down.
Jared: HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!
- The above moment being made somewhat hilarious when PBG yells "WHAT!?" just as his character swerves to look... and eats a steak, cutting down the dramatic effect.
- Dean ends up being the first to die in the game via a Creeper. Jon suggests they sing a hymn as a response. Cue Jon singing The Circle Of Life.
- In season 3, Jontron talks about how he meditated with a mantra. Since the words itself weren't important and he was told to pick anything that rolled off the tongue, he chose "Super Nintendo."
- In Episode 7 of Season 3 gives us Jon's Secret Shack:
Smooth: Where are we building the Nether Portal?PBG: Jon made another Temple on the other island—Jared: Jon's Secret Shack.PBG: ...Jon's Secret Shack.Smooth: Where's that, is it...Jared: It's a secret!
- "I've got you! ...I'd rather not have you!"
- Jared ends up giving the first "Who needs a map?!" joke in Season 3 in Episode 7 and gets a huge fanfare shot of being congratulated on it. Ironically, it happens after Dean's death.
PBG: How do you make a map?Jared: Who needs a map?!
- The fact that Caddicarus replaced Dean as the noob of the group.
- Shortly after the season begins and Caddicarus makes a few small accomplishments ingame, McJones declares that he's already surpassed Dean in skill.
- In Episode 2, while talking about how Americans and British people all 'sound the same', Caddicarus mentions that he is often told that he sounds like Daniel Radcliffe. Cue a picture of Daniel Radcliffe appearing on screen... only for his body to be cut out and his head slapped over Caddicarus' for the rest of the episode.
- Dean talking about PBG and Caddy discussing things, stating that the Burger King and King Of All Cosmos are having political discussions in trading burers for large land masses, but not coming to an agreement. And McJones pops in, saying that it sounds exactly like the plot of Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.
- Dean's critique of PBG.
Dean: PBG's the kind of guy who's like "what kind of shortage are we talking about, guys?" while he's wearing, like, full [iron] armor and eating six porkchops just to clear out his inventory.
- Even better, PBG burns through most of their iron stockpile and makes himself a full set of iron armor within the minute, to everyone's amusement and slight annoyance. Although he gave pieces of it to those who were still wearing leather right after.
- Caddicarus's Minecraft skin for Season 4 is the Burger King. He takes it very seriously and after some mention something that's not Burger King, this discussion happens:
McJones: PIZZA HUT!Caddicarus: Do not speak of Pizza Hut's name in front of the Burger King. He can't do that.McJones: We're not sponsored or anything, are we?Barry: Not yet.Caddicarus: We are now.McJones: We're gonna be sponsored by Burger King? Awesome!PBG: If this show gets popular enough, maybe next season we can...Dean: We'll all be corporate sellouts!
- Caddy feeds everyone with the meat from a cow he killed.
Caddy: It's like the last supper, I feed everyone with one cow!
Dean: ...That was not the last supper. Get your bible straight.
- After Caddy's death:
McJones: Does that mean we lost our endorsement?
- The group sailing to a very small island in episode 12.
- The montage of what they've been doing, with Jeff adding a narrative text, talking about getting reeds and how PBG got lost at one point, but made it back just fine.
- PBG reviving the "Who Needs a Map" joke in the third to last episode, when everyone was convinced the joke was not going to happen this season.
PBG: Who needs a map! (sixth time)Dean: GODDAMMIT, PBG!McJones and SpaceHamster (one after the other): We were so close!PBG: Who needs a map! (seventh time)
- While sailing back from their awesome victory in the finale, Dean breaks his own boat, and PBG offers to give him a new one to sail back. Then Dean shoots PBG and breaks his boat, and PBG suggests leaving him out to drown in the ocean. PBG doesn't agree to give him the boat until he remembers that Dean was mining the gold treasure they won.
PBG: How many gold pieces do you have?
PBG: Six? ...Alright.
- After defeating all three bosses and surviving the Underwater Monument twice, the group almost die to a creeper that had moved into their house while they were gone.
- Dean jacking off on a celebratory statue made for their victory.
- Day Z Hardcore Part 1 has McJones dying 2 minutes in, complete with a "montage."
"I'M NOT GETTING EATEN! *WHOMP*"
- Later, PBG and Jontron die in the exact same way—cornered by zombies, they jump off the railing. Dean comments it was just like a zombie movie.
- And now the entire series is only three parts long.
- A bonus trainwreck episode has a large group meeting up in one area... right next to a guy with a gun, who kills them all before they can even start recording.
- In Part 2, Jared makes a joke about Russia's overabundance of blood bags. "You have a cold? Get new blood." And then a picture is edited in of Jared wearing a nurse's cap, a stethoscope, and a button that reads "Trust me, I'm a doctor."
Terraria #1 & 2
- Terraria Hardcore continues the running gag of McJones giving exposition to Jeopardy music.
- Part 3 has Jontron tossing a bomb inside the house without knowing what it was. The wall and floor blow up.
- MCJones accidentally killing a bird in part 3 with his spear, then claiming I Meant to Do That.
- Dean and McJones dying to a boulder trap in part 5.
- PBG's ongoing rampage against the bunnies. In part 8, he kills 3 at once.
- PBG's character in Season 2 looks a little... odd, to say the least.
PBG: I'm Ms. Frizzle!ProtonJon: ...after a horrible accident, or what?Dean: It's like mixed with Freddy Kreuger.
- Dean falling down a hole PBG dug and barely surviving.
- In Episode 10, PBG and Dean start racing home after the group decides to head out of the Corruption. Dean starts to get attacked by a Demon Eye and calls PBG for help, but PBG, focused on winning the race, blissfully ignores him. Suddenly, Barry is surrounded and killed, and everyone is completely shocked and wordless. PBG meekly adds "...I won the race though." Cue Dean getting cornered and killed by the Demon Eye he was asking PBG to help him kill.
- PBG is abruptly crushed by a boulder underground whilst talking about cutting the segment out since it was mostly SpaceHamster fishing. The slow-motion is even funnier.
Jeff: To waaatch me fiiiish?
PBG: Whaaaaaat?! Deeaadd!
- The sheer lack of respect Jeff, Jon and McJones show for PBG after his death. The grave they make him, alongside the dignified stone ones built for Satch, Dean and Barry, is made from whatever materials they had lying around (wood, dirt, ice) and has a sign that reads "PBG sploded", and Jeff throws some sushi at it as a sacrifice (as PBG pointed out in the comments, he doesn't even like sushi). Later, Jeff actually replaces his avatar at the bottom of the screen with one for the penguin, saying that he doesn't need it any more.
- His avatar is even replaced with the penguin in the next episode's intro!
- While the survivors are debating the name of PBG's penguin, Jeff finds a second one and declares it '[his] penguin'. He then immediately saws it in half by accident.
Jeff: Oops. Oh cra- *dissolves into laughter*
- In the finale, tragic as it may be, Jeff's death could count due to the sheer irony of it. Literally seconds after he muses about how much of an Anti-Climax it would have been if McJones had died on the way to the boss (due to a Sticky Keys prompt), and McJones said it wouldn't be so bad, he immediately hits two stray blocks of dirt and dies upon impact. McJones's reaction makes it all the better.
McJones: ...oh no... I guess I... get the running boots...
- McJones is doing his professor bit, explaining how the giant works, but Dean keeps interrupting him, eventually prompting McJones to let out an exasperated, "Why haven't you died yet?"
- Team 1 and Team B.
- "Team 1 LIKES touching themselves."
- The Dull Surprise reveal of Dean's death.
*camera cuts to the Pirate Ship, cue Chirping Crickets*Jeff: Dean died.
- PBG having to kill McJones's zombie is hampered by it constantly moving out of range.
- After Dean died, one of the guys comments on how quiet it has become now and wondering how he'll know when they are perfectly safe, now that Dean isn't there to constantly scream.
Pokemon AlphaSapphire Nuzlocke
- Nimnat the Nincada is considered The Load. This in itself isn't funny, but the poor thing's apparently such The Unfavorite that Jeff misspells her name in the roster sidebar and doesn't care enough to correct it for at least half a dozen episodes. Not to mention that every time she was placed back in the PC, one of PBG's Pokemon would die soon after.
- She ultimately redeemed herself in the finale, in one of the most poetic endings of any Nuzlocke to date, when PBG employed a very risky and difficult tactic using her: Double Team to Baton Pass. This tactic is what ultimately led to PBG winning the champion battle, and he had a very close victory at that, since Bee and Nimnat, arguably PBG's two least effective Pokemon, were the very last survivors, hanging on with their HP in the red. PBG apologized to Nimnat in the epilogue and congratulated her and Bee the entire time.
- Made poetic by the fact that Nimnat was the last (and likely least) of PBG's original 6 Pokemon.
- The fact that PBG never notices that whenever he puts Nimnat in the PC, a Pokemon dies, but that the comment section took to calling it the Curse of Nimnat.
- In Part 9, PBG does a confession... that he can't read, after he stumbled and misread several of the episode's lines.
- The montage of Pokemon PBG has lost as he psychs himself up for fighting Flannery includes a Tyrannosaurus and Admiral Ackbar.
- PBG obtains Latias and names it... Lafawnda.
- PBG's sheer confusion over Mega Evolving Lafawnda. Somehow he misses the message that Latias has Mega Evolved and wonders if he did something terribly wrong. Really, his inability to figure out just what the heck is up with his new Pokemon comes off like an actual kid who has been given a powerful Pokemon and has no idea how to properly use it.
- PBG's lack of any care for his Spinda, DrnkyMcPanda, who he sees as underperforming. He barely even cares when she dies. At least at first.
- PBG pretending to jump off the cliff in Winona's gym after Shedinja dies to a Pursuit.
- PBG's confusion over Swalot.
In-game text: ...is about to send out Swalot.PBG: Swalot! I have no idea what a Swalot is.*Swalot is sent out*PBG: Whoa. I still have no idea what a Swalot is.
- PBG finally realizes that he should have his Pokemon utilize hold items... in Episode 32.
- The number of times PBG confuses the genders of his Pokemon, most notably Nimnat, Lawlup, SlappyMcGee, Camel, DrnkyMcPanda, and Useless, who are all female, and Rupto and Gloooo, who are male, and PBG consistently calls them by the wrong gender to the point that he never gets the girls right once, except for Lafawnda and maybe DrnkyMcPanda when she dies.
- There's some hilarity in how little PBG knows about Pokemon, yet he remains both blissfully unawares of it and with a truly impressive amount of luck.
- PBG catches a Gloom, and then decides to name her.
PBG: Gloop! Actually, now I'm gonna name him "Gloooop"! *Presses enter before inserting the P* NO- That's not what I meant to do. Welp, his name is Gloooo!
'Sucking At' & Let's Plays:
Super Mario 64
- While racing Koopa The Quick, PBG notices him catching up in the last part and does an epic sidejump up to the top of the mountain, winning the race. And the jumps gets shown repeatedly in slow motion.
- PBG complaining about how difficult doing circles are, when unlocking Mario.
- In Episode 10, he's trying to get the Star for getting the 8 Red Coins on top of the Bowser Puzzle in Lethal Lava Land. He grabs six, then ends up missing the last two and wandering around the level, looking for them. He actually adds a counter into the corner for how long it takes him to realize his mistake. It takes him close to 3 minutes to notice.
- His Rage Quit complaining when controlling Wario keeps hindering him.
- PBG's words while fighting the baby ghost.
- PBG demands Jeff to give him an award for completing Area 2. There's a drumroll and...! Jeff gives him the 'Really Lame Award' Award, complete with fireworks.
Super Mario 64 Chaos Edition
- His laughing reaction to the end of the first Episode, when Mario turns into a sign.
- Episode 4 RAGING + CRASHING has the game first break PBG at the end, when several attempts at playing Cool, Cool Mountain cause the game to repeatedly crash. At the end, he drums his hands on his desk and just keeps repeating 'Mario' like a Madness Mantra song.
- Comparing himself to a Sim in Episode 10.
PBG: I feel like a Sim. You know, a bunch of good things happen to me. Got promoted, maybe Woohoo'd couple of times, got engaged. You know. Made some really good Mac 'n' Cheese, feeling really good. But, you know, all of a sudden some bad things happen. You know, like, my mai-a thief comes and steals my TV. I peed myself in front of a lady. And, you know, I'm still feeling good [...] but one more bad thing happening, one more pee, and it's straight back to depressed.
- Episode 16, when Mario launches off with the wingcap with a butt-rocket.
Super Mario Galaxy
- The first episode, he first calls the princess "It's Zeldurr", only to correct himself with "I mean Princess Peechus". And then there's what he calls her castle when it's taken away.
PBG: Oh, no! It's the prischus peechus castle!
- During a prankster comet race against Cosmic Mario in Honeyhive Galaxy, PBG purposefully walks on honey and pretends like he's about to lose, only for Cosmic Mario to really pass him by and make him lose.
PBG: Oh, no. I'm stuck on the honey. He's gonna catch up to me... (notices Cosmic Mario actually catching up) No! No No No No No No No No! Noooo!
- Saying that the Queen Bee is probably suffering from Diabeetes.
- After following the beach bully shark through rings, PBG leaves the water and throws the shell - only for it to hit Captain Toad! PBG laughs at that coincidence and we get a slow-motion repeat of it.
- PBG telling Luigi that he has no chance with Rosalina, because she's his.
- Rosalina saying that she can see [Mario's] brother on the observatory. PBG cheers that McJones is here, only to realize she means Luigi.
Super Mario Galaxy 2
- A heartfelt apology video is uploaded the day of the new episode, apologizing for something that happened in that latest video. What is he apologizing for? Not picking up a coin to replenish his health.
- A later video, he talks about doing the same thing as above and how he'll have to make a second apology video for it. He doesn't.
- The fiasco with the purple coins at Tree Trunk Galaxy.
Super Mario Sunshine
- Opening up Part 10 with an apology, saying that he was recording the newest video for it and the game footage didn't properly record. He says he tried working on and fixing it, for like five minutes, but just couldn't do it. So, now there are 3 extra Shines that PBG got, but didn't record.
- In Part 20, he stops the video for a second because he hears screaming outside and 'feels obligated to check that noone's dying'.
- The Finale episode is filled with moments.
- PBG not understanding what he's supposed to do during the battle with Bowser for a good while. He eventually figures it out, but his cluelessness is quite amusing.
- PBG telling Bowser to 'not blow him'.
PBG: Don't blow me, Bowser! Uh... yeah. Don't blow me.
- Repeatedly dying when he whomps the fourth pillar of the tub. One time even 'butt-slamming', immediately getting hit by a Bullet Bill and being pushed between the cracks of the floor, killing him.
- Trying to save himself from falling again, he somehow manages to make Mario cling to the bottom of the level, get stuck and have to watch as Mario keeps getting damaged by nothing.
- Sounding exaggeratingly dramatic when Fludd malfunctions and 'dies'. And then, a bit later.
PBG: Fludd! Noooo! (later on) Fludd's back!
Animal Crossing New Life
- PBG decides to tell Rover that he can't sit next to him, but then laughs when he does anyway and says how it's nice to see that there's still plenty of rude people in the world.
- PBG has to name his character and first thinks of going for PooBins. Then needs to add more and opts for PooBinGo.
- He didn't think of a name for the town, so he just goes and names it... Poosvil.
PBG: It wouldn't allow me to add another L or E at the end.
- He didn't think of a name for the town, so he just goes and names it... Poosvil.
- He dramatically plays out deciding which house to pick to be the most difficult choice he ever had to make.
- When writing an entry in his calender, he writes the only thing he can think of at the moment.
Put the gun down, Nook. Think of your family.
- When meeting some of the townsfolk, he is ecstatic to see that the cat Mitzi is there. And admits that, when he was young and played the game, she was his headcanon in-game girlfriend.
- One of his neighbors is a cow. Named Patty.
PBG: Mmmmmmmh, Patty... (imagines a nice, juicy burger)
Oblivion Daedric Items
- In the very first episode, he dies multiple times. And completely forgets how to even start the quest for Azura's Star, including that he needed to get some Golddust first and had to offer it at dusk or dawn.
- The entire quest for the Wabbajack, given how whacky that thing is to begin with. Especially PBG's reaction to Sheagorath bringing about the last omen of the K'Shara.
PBG: What!? What? It's raining fire dogs!
- In Aerkved's Tower (Vaermina's quest), PBG goes down a hole and finds a sort of cellar full of corpses hung on strings.
PBG: Oh, boy! What the...!? What the...!? Oh, a treasure chest. (loots it)
- During the quest for the Sanguine Rose, he first misses the spell. Then later he turns out to be running away naked himself. And with an arrow up his ass.
- Namira's quest, with one of the priestesses saying PBG is 'too pretty' and having to need to get drunk to start the quest.
Skyrim Daedric Items
- Encountering a dragon during the first episode and running away from it.
- While following Barbas to Calvicus Vile's shrine, PBG keeps yelling "Barbas!".
- During the journey to said shrine, encountering headless, bikini-clad vampire-zombies and being utterly baffled.
- Encountering a wolf and 'spazz-kicking' it to death, including slow-motion close-up.
- Looking around for Sam during the Sanguine Rose quest, he wanders around all over the place, yelling for Sam. Then he makes a joke on the map running gag from the Minecraft series. "Who needs a Sam?" counter pops up.
- He eventually gains a follower in Faendal. And proceeds to change his name within minutes, multiple times. He calls him Charles, Carl, Chandler or even Maria.
Wind Waker Island Collection
- During the multi-part videos of Windfall Island, PBG made notes to get all the sidequests done. Then he admits that one of his notes is "Picture of girl, show to guy" and he cannot remember at all what that is supposed to mean. He finally remembers that it's referring to showing Linda's picture to Anton.
- While fast-forwarding during the reef areas of shooting down all the cannons, the video goes back to regular speed and all you hear of the end of PBG's fast-forward ranting was "so that you don't kill the toys". Then lampshading how it would appear, to just talk random nonsense during the fast-forwarding and ending on those words.
- The final episode (Forest Haven) starting with PBG admitting that he saved over his actual file, leaving him to use an older savefile for this video. And said file does not have all the previously collected islands on it. And then his vocal recording glitched up mid-way through, forcing him to do post-voiceover.
PB & Jeff:
- The Euro Truck Simulator - Blindfolded Q & A has its premise. PBG drives the truck blindfolded and has Jeff as his backseat driver telling him how to steer, while asking the questions. It's hilarious to watch Jeff freak out about trying to ask a question, while trying to keep PBG driving on the road. And then PBG ultimately gets the truck stuck off-road.
- The episode on Hotel Mario is titled "I WANNA DIE", which just says it all, really.
PBG: (horrified) He ate me!
- During their epic struggle to beat Morton, the guys come across a particularly horrifying way in which Mario can die.
Donkey Kong Country 2
- The first episode having the two lament that it's actually a retake, because their initial recording of this episode was amazing and they only realized in post that they forgot to actually record the game footage.
- After collecting the letter tokens in the wrong order, they begin creating new characters such as Donkey Ong, Cool Kong, Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kog.
- Wondering what the spider's name is, they call it Spider Guy. Then PBG admits that he'd call a spider 'Speeky'.
- Their debate on whether Squaks is spitting nuts or cookies.
- In Part 10, PBG asks Siri to look something up. She keeps recording their message as they continue to talk and they shut up long enough to hear what she has 'heard' from them. It needs to be heard. note
- Their utter failing in Episode 12 and 13 on just one level. Their frustration is hilarious to observe.
- Having difficulty jumping or the game not reacting, they begin to turn their cries of "I pressed it to jump!" into a Running Gag.
- In the Toxic Tower level, they become more and more agitated and switch between the animals. When they change into the spider, both yell "SPIDER NOW?!" at the same time; it's also the title for that video.
Super Mario Maker
- Fan Levels #1
- PBG dies within 10 seconds of playing the first level: Flying Fish Deathtrap.
- They give up on Falling for Rosalina, which was already sent to them with the comment that it was a terrible level.
- Their reaction to just the name of the level I'm So Sorry For This.
- SCARY Mario Maker
- Going through Waluigi's Unbearable Existence confuses them.
- Will You Save Your Son first confuses them because of the messages, then starts to horrify them by actually expecting them to sacrifice Yoshi.
- They also make a reference to a Running Gag started in their Donkey Kong Country 2 playthrough: "I pressed it to jump!"
- Fan Levels #2
- PBG saying that he absolutely dislikes adventures and the likes. And that people can quote him on that.
- KK's Last Gig turning out to be a pretty good maze level. Then they get to the end and see KK getting pushed into a floor of spikes. They do find the end a little funny.
- PBG ignores the feather power-up in Flying High and promptly dies, realizing that it's required to proceed in the level.
- In general, the speed up music when it's used. And it's always a sped up version of the Malo Mart song.
- The Running Gag of naming characters EESDESESESERDT and leaving letters off.
- The original EESDESESESERDT from the Hubert skiing game.
- EESDESESESERD for My Sims Kingdom.
- EESDESESESER for My Sims Agents.
- EESDESES is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it name for his pet snake in the Animal Parade video.
- EESDESESE finally for his character in My Sims Party.
- Repeated instances, where PBG asks his voice-operated phone to search something up for him, only for it to pop up saying "You need to unlock your iPhone first".