Dying for Pie
Squidward buys a pie from a group of pirates that turns out to be a bomb. Then he's convinced that Spongebob ate it...Imitation Krabs
Plankton sends a robotic duplicate of Mr. Krabs to try and steal the Krabby patty formula, and Spongebob believes it's the real thing.
Dying for Pie contains examples of...
- Hair Trigger Explosive: During the ending, Spongebob shows Squidward that he never ate the bomb pie, he was saving it in his pocket the whole time. He then trips, dropping the pie and causing an explosion (a live-action nuclear one to be specific), and then it cuts back to Spongebob and Squidward, completely covered in ash from the explosion.
- Before that, a bite of that pie is enough to blow up Mr. Krab's office when that hits the ground.
- Home Made Sweater From Hell: SpongeBob makes Squidward a sweater made from his own eyelashes. Later he makes another one from his own tears.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Squidward once again expresses concern for Spongebob as he waits in fear for the bomb to go off.
- Major Injury Underreaction: "Ouch."
- Medium Shift Gag: When the bomb finally goes off, it cuts to live action Stock Footage of an atomic explosion.
- Mistaken for Dying
- Tears of Remorse: Squidward sheds these when he thinks Spongebob has eaten the pie bomb.
Imitation Krabs contains examples of...
- Hoist by His Own Petard: "Coin operated self destruct. Not one of my better ideas."
- I Take Offense to That Last One:
Mr. Krabs: If I were a robot, which I'm not, at least I'm well put together, not some rusted-up, steam-driven pile of junk.
Robot Krabs: Who are you calling steam-driven?
- Paper-Thin Disguise: SpongeBob falls completely for Plankton's robot, despite being obviously made of metal and talking in Robo Speak in Plankton's own voice. Squidward doesn't fall for it, but plays along anyway when "Mr. Krabs" gives him the day off.
- Rocky Roll Call:
Mr. Krabs: Plankton!
Mr. Krabs: Plankton!
- Secret Handshake: SpongeBob has a long, elaborate one with Mr. Krabs. It takes over six-and-a-half hours to do!
- Spot the Impostor: SpongeBob gives the two Krabs a series of questions he thinks only the real Mr. Krabs would know. The real Krabs flubs every one.
- Throwing the Distraction: To get rid of Krabs, Plankton throws a penny and Krabs follows it as it rolls out the door. It later rolls back inside, leading Krabs to Plankton just as he's about to get the formula.