- Advertising, such as ones distributed by a restaurant chain
- Tourist reminders, so that if you visited some touristy place or Tourist Trap, you bought one so you could say you were there
- School advertisements, "I am the parent of a child at Bart Simpson Elementary School," or "My son/daughter is an honor student at Springfield School for the Hopelessly Retarded"
- Sports Team Supporters
- Political Ads, such as ones that carry the candidate's name, and if the President of the United States, his (or her) running mate.
- Message ads, "If you lost your job, eat your foreign car," and others
- Religious reminders, such as mentioning John 3:16 or the entire text, or referencing some different religious work such as the Koran.
- Humor, "Caution: Driver carries only $20 in ammunition", "If you can read this you're following too close"
- Just about anything else someone can think of.
BURGERAnd what some people do is cut off the "B" and the "R" in "Burger" to get
URGEIn which case, you don't get the hundred bucks. But you do get known by your neighbors as a pervert. With a color printer and paper with an adhesive on one side, now anyone can create their own bumper stickers. Many are also magnetic now to preserve the full value of a car because stickers do a number to the paint below.