open/close all folders
Tropes pertaining to multiple characters:
- Action Girl: Many of the female characters are now capable of kicking asses.
- Adaptational Badass
- Ascended Extra: The majority of the Fourze characters have appeared and are involved in multiple fights in the story.
- Backstory: For many of the secondary characters.
- The Bus Came Back: For many of the Amanogawa students.
- Cast Herd
Gentaro Kisaragi/Kamen Rider Fourze
Deal with the Devil with Yamada Tatsumori/Aries Zodiarts. He was resurrected by Ophiuchus and is now his Serpent-bearer, hell bent on destroying those who stand in his master's way. In "Tears to Shed" he struggles to become the Serpent-bearer needed by his master and in "Birthday Massacre", he is constantly bombarded by different fragments of himself who beg him to escape Ophiuchus's wrath. In SplitxEnd there are hints that there is more than meets the eye about him.
- Ancestral Weapon: Has access to the Scepter of Asclepius whenever he uses Void States or taps into the power of the White Crow of the Veil. Justified in that he's a descendant of the original Asclepius.
- Attending Your Own Funeral: In Tears-5, he did. In SplitxEnd-1, Yayoi was the only one who noticed him.
- Axe Crazy: Gentaro doesn't care if he's going to shed blood, he will do so.
- Became Their Own Antithesis: The once happy and friend making Gentaro is now disgusted by friendship and is full of hatred.
- Berserk Button: Hates anything that has to do with friendship, Ryusei Sakuta or anything that makes him remember how he died.
- Big Eater: Even though he was resurrected, Gentaro needs to eat something once or day else his body starts to decompose.
- Black Eyes of Evil: To represent his change from hero to villain.
- Came Back Wrong: VERY much so.
- The Chosen One: SplitxEnd reveals that he's the legendary White Crow of the Veil, destined to send souls to the afterlife.
- Creepy Crows: He's really the White Crow of the Veil, emphasized by the white feathery wings and the symbol of a white yatagarasu Yayoi found in his bedroom closet.
- Damaged Soul: Thanks to Ophiuchus, he wants nothing more than to kill the Kamen Rider Club for leaving him to die.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Once in contract with Ophiuchus, his skin is colored white. His hair was originally white though, see below.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Thanks to Ophiuchus brainwashing him into believing that the Kamen Rider Club left him to die and showed him a warped vision of everyone blaming each other. Doesn't help that Ophiuchus is (somewhat) correct in that matter.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Still loves his parents as the first chapter of Tears to Shed sees him at their graves...Until Tears-10 where he leaves them behind to follow Ophiuchus.
- Evil Counterpart: Void States for Cosmic States.
- Face–Heel Turn: Not by his own choice though.
- Fallen Hero: Again, this is all Ophiuchus's doing.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: They're usually black or white.
- Hates Being Alone: Despite not wanting friendship, he notes that he doesn't want to be left all by himself. His reasoning, aside from It Amused Me in Tears-6 is that he wants people to talk to, not brainwashed slaves.
- Hidden Depths: SplitxEnd, Tears to Shed and The Birthday Massacre reveals that he's a descendant of Asclepius and the current bearer of the White Crow of the Veil.
- I Control My Minions Through...: Uses Mind Control and Revenge for the male minions (particularly for Kengo and Jiro), for his female minons, he just uses Mind Control.
- I See Dead People: Yayoi finds out that he has this ability, explaining how he obtained those "thousand friends" prior to coming to Amanogawa High. This is part and parcel with being the White Crow of the Veil, whose job is to help send souls to the afterlife.
- It Amused Me: Why did he make Kengo and Jiro in some sort of psychotic relationship? To ease boredom.
- Light is Good/Light is Not Good: He's the current White Crow of the Veil, a good spirit to send the souls to the afterlife by being friends. Unfortunately he's now the enemy, brainwashed by Ophiuchus.
- Man in White: Remember, Japanese consider white just like Americans consider black: a color of death.
- Lineage Comes from the Father: The author's profile states that Aesclepius's descendants are from the male side of the family.
- Locked into Strangeness: In SplitXEnd Wajima states that descendants of Asclepius had white hair and they turn black at a certain age or during a traumatic experience. Yayoi reads his diary to find out that it happened after his parents' death.
- Manipulative Bastard
- More Than Mind Control: Ophiuchus played specifically on how the Kamen Rider Club watched him die and stated that they let him die because if they were truly his friends, wouldn't they have stopped Ryusei from killing him?
- Mystical White Hair: All descendants of Asclepius has this as a symbol of the White Crow's failure to obey Apollo, Gentaro is no exception.
- Power Gives You Wings: Tapping into the White Crow's power gives him white feathery wings.
- Significant Birthdate: In-universe. His birthday falls on November 30th. See below as to why.
- Stellar Theme Naming: Has access to many spells based on the constellations.
- Western Zodiac: He's an Ophiuchus in this story. Interesting to note is that Japan uses the system where Ophiuchus is a member of the Zodiac. Part of the mystery is uncovering why Ophiuchus is/is not a Zodiac sign.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Really, if it wasn't for the fact that Ophiuchus is brainwashing him, you'd be giving this guy a hug for the crap he's going through.
- Would Kill A Girl: He doesn't give two shits about getting Misa Toriizaki or Yukina Takamura killed, and he certainly has no qualms about fighting Erin and Yuki after crushing their Zodiarts switches and absorbing their powers.
Ryusei Sakuta/Kamen Rider Meteor/Libra Zodiarts II
it didn't end well. As a result of his actions, the Kamen Rider Club can no longer trust him, and Tachibana has taken desperate measures to ensure that things go right this time. As of XVIII-Theater of Tragedy, he's been transformed into a cyborg, and XXVIII reveals that he is the new Libra ZodiartsIn Who Decides?, he meets with Madame Pollux in regards to Jiro's fate. The fortune just leads him to kill Gentaro in the end.
- The Atoner: He wants to be this, honestly. Too bad Tachibana won't give him that.
- Ax-Crazy: Tachibana gave him Cosmic Energy injections that made his mind unstable which ended with him killing Shun in XI-Team Spirit.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: It's assumed that his Catch Phrase: "Your fate is mine to decide" came from Madame Pollux's own declarations of her deciding his fate.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Twice. Tachibana did this so Ryusei didn't protest to Cosmic Energy injections being pumped in his bloodstream, and the second was to make him believe he was always a cyborg.
- Broken Pedastal: To the entire Kamen Rider Club, Tomoko especially who was heartbroken over it all.
- Evil Counterpart: Meteor Impact to Meteor Storm.
- Evil Former Friend: Although 'friend' is being used loosely, considering what Ryusei was looking for.
- Evil Wears Black: His confrontation with Gentaro in the second day of Kyoto has him in a black gi, although we're not sure where his loyalties lie as of late.
- Fighting with Chucks: In Meteor Impact state.
- Fun with Acronyms: As of XVIII-Theater of Tragedy, his right arm has the words Machine Engine Terminal-Entity Of Rancour tattooed.
- Hero Killer: Aside from killing Gentaro, he also was the cause of Shun's death.
- Hidden Depths: Tachibana states he's a Core Child, but that was probably a ruse for something else.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When he saw Gentaro resurrected, his look says it all. This is also shown in Why Decide? when he realizes that by deciding his fate so early on, he never realized the consequences of following it to the end.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: All of the stuff in the story wouldn't have happened if he didn't kill Gentaro, or at least realize that killing Gentaro wasn't the way to go.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Meteor Impact States.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The eyes on his helm when in Meteor Impact States.
- Sanity Slippage: The Cosmic Energy Injections made him mentally unstable that when Tachibana told him to "dismember the Kamen Rider Club" (as in: split them apart), Ryusei took it as kill them all!
- Shock and Awe:His Cosmic Energy Injections give him the ability to create red electric weapons.
- Slasher Smile: As he kills Shun back in XI-Team Spirit.
- Stepford Smiler: Type C, due to his brainwashing.
- Tarot Motifs: In Who Decides? his future card is the upright Nine of Rods, telling of how he must keep in pursuit of his goal despite obstacles in his way. In the extra short, Why Decide his card is the inverse Nine of Rods stating that his pursuit to make things right will pretty much end badly.
- These Hands Have Killed: What he realizes when he sees a resurrected Gentaro at the beginning of Horseshoes.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Everything in this series could have been avoided if he didn't kill Gentaro and just properly explained the whole situation to the Kamen Rider Club.
- Walking Spoiler: After the third chapter of Horseshoes, everything about Ryusei pretty much goes downhill.
- We Can Rebuild Him: After having Gun Den-O use his Full Charge, Tachibana resorts to this since the attack nearly killed him, becoming a cyborg.
- Western Zodiac: He's born on June 6th in the story, making him a Gemini. He is given the ability to become Libra Zodiarts at the end of Horseshoes, which relates to his duplicitous nature.
Kamen Rider Club
The Kamen Rider Club is Amanogawa High's defense against the Zodiarts. With Gentaro gone, they have decided to continue his work in befriending everyone and stopping the school's chairman from accomplishing his goal while struggling with the idea that they will eventually have to kill their close friend.
Tropes associated with the Kamen Rider Club
- Badass Crew: Even without Gentaro, they're still capable of kicking ass.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn:
- Break the Cutie: They were all affected by Gentaro's death, and the fact that they have to kill him again doesn't make them feel better.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die/It's All My Fault/My Greatest Failure: The Kamen Rider Club blame themselves for Gentaro's death with each of them spouting off different reasons (Ranging from Tomoko not figuring out Ryusei's identity quicker, JK not doing a background check on Ryusei, Shun berating himself for not separating the fight, Yuki only yelling "Stop!" but not actually moving, etc.) as to why he's dead.
- Plucky Girl: Despite the trauma and horror, the girls are more than ready to kick ass.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: JK the sensitive one to Shun's manly one.
- Town Girls: Otaku Yuki, Club Chairman Miu (middle) and Perky Goth Tomoko
Yuki Jojima''"Gentaro was my best friend, but now...now you're a monster. And do you know what you have to do with monsters? You destroy them."Gentaro's former Childhood Friend who is now determined to stand tall to save her best friend...even if it means if she must kill him in the end.
- Berserk Button: She doesn't like anyone who belittles Gentaro and his stance on friendship.
- Blue Oni: To Dark Yuki's Red, noted by her using the deck of blue cards.
- Calling Your Attacks: "Hayabusa PUNCH!" "Armstrong KICK!"
- Guile Heroine: She used Yukina's rage against her to whack Dustards around with a lead pipe. Subverted a few chapters later when she notes that she felt like a total jerk doing so.
- The Heart
- Hidden Depths: She took gymnastics in order to get used to the gravity in outer space.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe. The antagonists love to rub it in her face that she just yelled "Stop!" when Ryusei was about to kill Gentaro and she hates herself more because of it.
- Power Fist: She utilizes her Hayabusa plushie this way thanks to Nadeshiko placing SOLU over it.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Instead of cowering in front of Yukina, she stands her ground to tell Yukina that her attitude would not make her be on Gentaro's good graces. Unfortunately, she gets slapped for her troubles.
- She later gives one to Gentaro about how he willingly let himself be corrupted by Ophiuchus and transformed into a monster, which is where her quote comes from.
- Guile Heroine: As usual, she's shown to rile people up in order to spill their secrets.
- The Leader: For the main Kamen Rider Club and the Kamen Rider Club Girls, she's a Type I or II.
- The Strategist: She helps make most of the plans for the group.
- The Team Normal: Of the original Kamen Rider Club members, she doesn't have a supernatural power. This is in contrast with Gentaro, Shun and (possibly) JK being Serpent-bearers, Kengo being a Serpent Vessel, Yuki being Gemini Zodiarts and Tomoko's strange psychic powers.
JK/Kamen Rider Den-O: Gun Form (Ryutaros)The gossip broker of the Kamen Rider Club, JK decides to not run away and fight against this madness. With Ryutaros, he can become Kamen Rider Den-O: Gun Form.There are hints throughout the story that JK's hiding some sort of dark secret. In SplitxEnd, Yayoi refers to it as "that incident" which relates to his father retiring from his rockstar career. Things get worse when he is forced to obtain a contract with a Serpent.
- Dark and Troubled Past: "That incident", which his father states that it wasn't his fault about. After many hints from both Horseshoes and Hand Grenades and SplitxEnd, it's revealed that he had a little sister who died trying to protect him.
- Drop the Hammer: When Jormungandr possesses him.
- Five Stages of Grief: Discussed in the early chapters SplitxEnd: he's in depression regarding "that incident", and somewhere around denial for Gentaro's death.
- Guns Akimbo: Wields two guns armed with rubber bullets. They get disintegrated by Ryusei.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Gets into this in Horseshoes-XXIV when the serpent gives him an Armor-Piercing Question involving his little sister.
- Master of Unlocking: Breaks into Hayami's office in V-Wavemaster using both his Student ID and a ruler.
- My Greatest Failure: Outside not saving Gentaro, he's been feeling down since "that incident". Horseshoes and SplitxEnd states that it's due to him not saving his little sister from a sociopath.
- Odd Couple: Psychotic child-like Ryutaros and music loving, party thrower JK.
- Sad Clown/Stepford Smiler: Due to "that incident".
- Survivor Guilt: It's revealed in SplitxEnd that he blames himself for not being strong to protect his little sister from her death.
- The Smart Guy
Shun Daimonji/Kamen Rider Den-O: Rod Form (Urataros)
- The Big Guy: For the Kamen Rider Club, which leads to...
- Big Guy Fatality Syndrome: He's the first one of the good guys to get killed off in the Kyoto Arc.
- Deal with the Devil: Somehow gained a contract with Vasuki that brought him back to life. Unfortunately, once Ophiuchus is defeated, Shun becomes Shiva's avatar and will live until it is Shiva's turn to destroy the world. Miu wasn't happy when she heard that part.
- Dual Wielding: Wields two patas (a gauntlet with a blade fused on top) when Vasuki takes over.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: After gaining a contract with Vasuki.
- Odd Couple: Chivalrous Pervert Urataros and Gentle Giant/Knight in Shining Armor Shun.
- Poisonous Person: Gains the ability to exhale a poisonous breath and tip his weapons with poison under his contract with Vasuki.
- Scars Are Forever: The slash on his throat made by Ryusei is still on him when he's resurrected.
- Single Tear: Sheds one just as Ryusei slices his throat.
- Slashed Throat: How Ryusei kills him.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: To be revived by Vasuki, he's going to live till the end of the world once Ophiuchus is defeated. He knows that he'll lose everyone he loves, but will still do it to save the world.
- You Shall Not Pass: Tries this on Ryusei, but he dies in the end.
Tomoko NozamaPerky Goth of the Kamen Rider Club, who has decided to no longer focus on Ryusei Sakuta and dedicate herself to stopping Ophiuchus. While excited to know that Kamen Riders do exist and that many of them are lending aid against the upcoming threat, she must also step into the fray with the Defenders of Justice.Her weapon becomes her white snake skin that can stretch to very far lengths thanks to Nadeshiko covering it with SOLU.
- Barrier Warrior: Creates barriers similar to ones Gwen uses. How she obtained this power is unknown though.
- The Chick
- Fainting: Humorously gets into this once she sees Riderman and Amazon on their motorcycles.
- Fangirl: Of not only Kamen Riders, but she apparently knows a bit about the Space Rangers and shows a scene of Angel Groves' Last Stand to Motoyama and Chosuke regarding how normal people can become heroes.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: The beginning chapters of Horseshoes show her quiet and withdrawn after seeing Gentaro dead and Meteor being Ryusei. She grows out of it though.
- Ship Sinking: Any feelings she had for Ryusei are pretty much long gone at this point.
- Whip It Good: Can utilize her white snake skin this way.
- Badass Normal: Has no abilities to speak of, just lots of determination and guts.
- Badass Teacher: To sum up what's happen to him, he's stood his ground toward a bloodied Ryusei—who recently killed Shun—gets sent to the Dark Nebula with a smile on his face—saved Sonada and Kijima from the M-BUS satellite, freed Kengo from mind control while Kengo was choking him to death with flaming hands, and gave Sonada a Shut Up, Hannibal! speech while defeating her with both a slipper and a costume glove. After that, he confronts Sagittarius Zodiarts, hits him with a shoe, declares that he'll become the new principal of Amaongawa High and gains a caduceus that he immediately uses to whack the chairman across the head.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Haruka in the 25th chapter of Horseshoes.
- Catchphrase: "Teachers protect their students."
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: In Sundays-6.5 he throws his shoe at Sagittarius Zodiarts to shut him up.
- Guile Hero: Will say just the right words to push his enemies' buttons.
- Improbable Weapon User: Defeats Sonada with a SOLU-enhanced costume glove (which is from Tomoko's cosplay of Kamen Rider Amazon), and a slipper. He utilizes his shoes against Sagittarius Zodiarts in Month of Sundays.
- Love Makes You Dumb: He realizes that his love for Sonada blinded him to what was really going on. Ditching this trope made him a much more competent teacher.
- Rousing Speech: His speech in IV-Shockwave was what made the Kamen Rider Club stop beating themselves up.
- Rummage Sale Reject: The "armor" he uses on Day 2 of the Kyoto Trip is based off of the cosplays the Kamen Rider Club made of the Legendary 7 Kamen Riders. Notably, he has either Kengo or Shun's slipper based armor, Tomoko's finned costume glove, JK's metal bowl helmet, and Yuki's hook hand.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Gives one to Sonada in regards to him being a loser. He does it to Sagittarius Zodiarts later by tossing his shoe at him.
- Simple Staff: Starts wielding a caduceus after obtaining his will to fight.
- Team Dad: Gentaro's death made him realize that he had to step up because that is what Gentaro would want.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Obtains a Liner Pass that so far has let him teleport himself from his current position to the Rabbit Hatch. He exploits this by getting Virgo Zodiarts to teleport him to the Dark Nebula then rescue both Sonada and Kijima from stasis and then bring them back to Amanogawa High.
- It's explained in Sundays-9 that those chosen to become members of the Cult of Caduceus will be able to go to places close to his heart. What better place than the one where he decided to gain his Character Development?
- Took a Level in Badass: The Butt Monkey of Amanogawa faculty becomes a fearless leader determined to beat the Zodiarts up.
- Weak, but Skilled: He's a regular geography teacher who, at the time of the Kyoto Arc, had only ONE day of kickboxing training. However, he's becoming a Guile Hero and his determination to help his fellow students has made him able to withstand attacks that would probably have killed him by now.
- "World of Cardboard" Speech: He gives one to Sagittarius Zodiarts, eventually declaring that he'll become the new principal of Amanogawa High.
The defenders of justice, a few Kamen Riders have appeared to help aid the plight against Gentaro and Ophiuchus.
- Freudian Trio: Ban is Id, Norio is Ego and Motoyama is Superego.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Den-O Kamen Riders consist of a painter (and former Zodiarts), the leader of a group of delinquents, a fanboy of superheroes (and former Zodiarts), an Information Broker with a fondness of break-dancing, and a former jock and mecha pilot.
Daisuke Yamamoto/Kamen Rider AmazonThe Kamen Rider from the Amazon Jungle, Daisuke gets involved when he finds the Clear Drill Switch crash land in the Amazon Rainforest. When he learns about Gentaro's dark resurrection, he wishes to befriend Gentaro and hand him the Clear Drill Switch.
- Berserk Button: Like in his home series, hurting kids in front of him will invoke his wrath.
- Cool Old Guy:
- Friend to All Children: Before leaving on the DenLiner, he recounted his adventures in Japan. This was, unfortunatley, exploited by Ecydsis, using Libra's illusion spells to make Kengo into a child to lower his guard.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: The Gigi bracelet definitely helps against stronger monsters like Leo Zodiarts.
- Purple Is Powerful: His Super Mode when he absorbs Cosmic Energy.
- Super Mode: Somehow gains one by absorbing so much Cosmic Energy, dyeing his armor purple. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long and leaves him a bit exhausted once it's finished which is more akin to an adrenaline rush.
Yuki Joji/RidermanThe first Anti-Hero Kamen Rider, Joji is invited to the DenLiner and wishes to help Gentaro realize the error of his ways. He has recently received an upgrade that gives him it the Rocket Drill Arm from the Clear Drill Switch.
- Badass Normal: Out of all the other Kamen Riders seeing as the only things he uses to fight are his Cassette Arms and his brain. Unfortunately, this also means he can't heal as quickly as his fellow Kamen Riders or Amazon.
- Combat Pragmatist: Chucks a large rock at Libra Zodiarts before whipping out the Machine Gun Arm to his face.
- Mythology Gag: The scene where he drills into the underbelly of Cancer Zodiarts ( or rather Tatsugami who somehow is in possession of the Cancer Switch) and riddles the hole with bullets is actually from a scene in the Kamen Rider Spirits Manga where he did the same thing. He was also picked up in Polynesia, which is where he supposedly washed up after sacrificing himself to the Pluton rocket.
- One Steve Limit: Due to having the same name with Yuki Jojima (due to her Shout-Out Theme Naming) he is usually known as Joji.
- The Strategist: What he lacks in cybernetics and super abilities, he makes up with plans.
- Swiss Army Weapon: His Cassette Arms. Unfortunately they get reduced to slag by Philip, but he now has access to a Rocket Drill Arm.
Kamen Rider Den-O: Sword Form (Momotaros + Souichi Motoyama)Souichi Motoyama, once known as the Perseus Zodiarts, was unfortunately possessed by Momotaros while painting one day. After learning about the situation from Owner, and with some kind words from Tomoko, he decides to fight and end Gentaro's suffering.
- The Atoner: Motoyama becomes Sword Den-O to forgive himself for becoming a Zodiarts.
- Awesome by Analysis: Since he's an artist, Motoyama can easily tell how Philip holds his pen and the type of strokes that is used by how he holds it.
- Character Tic: When he's shown in the DenLIner, he's usually drawing or sketching something.
- Hot-Blooded: Momotaros, as usual.
- Odd Couple: Boisterous Bruiser Imagin and the calm, once perfectionist, painter.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Motoyama is the Blue to Momotaros' Red.
- Real Men Do Art: Motoyama is shown drawing or painting whenever the group is relaxing, Momotaros doesn't think it's all that, though. When he finds one of the broken pillars, instead of taking a picture on his cellphone, Motoyama does a charcoal rubbing since it looks magnificent.
Kamen Rider Den-O: Axe Form (Kintaros + Ban Chosuke)Ban Chosuke is the leader of the delinquents who was hijacked by Kintaros. At first, he didn't want to be involved with the madness until Tomoko convinced him otherwise. Ban's willingness to help caused Kintaros to cry Manly Tears in response.
- Bash Brothers: Chosuke and Kintaros, of course.
- Disappeared Dad: Word of God states that Ban lives alone with his mom and baby sister.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Chosuke's weapon when he's not a Kamen Rider.
- Japanese Delinquents: Chosuke, although he's much friendler.
- Odd Couple: An Imagin who wakes up from his naps if he hears the word "cry" and the leader of a group of delinquents.
- Rousing Speech: Chosuke gives one to his group to motivate them to help fight the Zodiarts.
- Running Gag: Every time Kintaros possesses Chosuke, it ends with him slamming his foot down on the make-shift table and Kintaros going, "Oops."
- Would Hit a Girl/Would Not Hit a Girl: Kintaros had to give Yukina a powerful Armor-Piercing Slap, even though he didn't like doing so. Chosuke notes that he didn't like it but he also wanted to hit her since she was being crazy.
Kamen Rider Den-O: Wing Form (Sieg + Norio Eguchi)Norio Eguchi, the previous Cygnus Zodiarts, was introduced by Sieg to help fight against Gentaro. He immediately accepts so he can be a true hero. His main goal is to free Gentaro from the darkness inside his heart.
- Ascended Fanboy: Norio wanted to be a hero during the Cygnus Arc and was last seen in a Kamen Rider Fourze cosplay. In this story, he's now a true Kamen Rider.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Norio is on the receiving end of one with Gentaro in Horseshoes-8. If it wasn't for Sieg, his head would've been cleaved off by a chainsaw.
- Fanboy: According to Word of God, Norio likes superhero comics. His favorite superhero is Captain Marvel.
- Made of Iron: Subverted, when he arrives to join the Kamen Rider Club on their trip to Kyoto, Norio is commented on looking like he went to battle.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Norio's reaction as to what happened when he became Cygnus Zodiarts and his initial meeting with Misa that thus became the creation of the Ugly Ducklings cult and everything else that went after that.
- Odd Couple: Aloof princely Sieg and the heroic-wannabe Norio.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Sieg's not as aloof than he was in the original series. Given the Darker and Edgier atmosphere of the story, it's probably justified.
- Turn the Other Cheek: Yes, the Ugly Ducklings forced him to become Cygnus Zodiarts, but Norio's forgiven them...but they seem to be too embarrassed by their actions to accept his forgiveness.
- "World of Cardboard" Speech: Norio delivers one in XIII-Web of Sin powerful enough to give Gentaro a Villainous B.S.O.D..
Haruka Utsugi/Kamen Rider Den-O: Super Climax FormReplacing Sonada's role as the teacher of class 2-A, Haruka becomes informed of the situation in Amanogawa High by Ohsugi. After learning of Gentaro's plight, she hops on the DenLiner to aid the group in Kyoto.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Her katana is apparently sharp enough to slice through a Horoscopes switch.
- Badass Normal: Until she goes into Super Climax Form, then she's an Empowered Badass Normal.
- Badass Teacher
- The Glasses Come Off: During her battle with Jiro in XIII-Web of Sin
- Katanas Are Just Better: Wields one during her battle with Leo Zodiarts.
- Kick Chick: Uses her signature horse kick when necessary.
- Team Mom: Gets saddled with the Imagins during part 2 of the Kyoto Arc and has a small scene where she keeps an eye on them.
Nadeshiko Misaki/Kamen Rider NadeshikoThat's right, Nadeshiko from MEGAMAX returns to save Gentaro. After crash-landing on the Moon and becoming SOLU, she then comes to save JK before kicking ass once more.
- Adaptational Badass: While Nadeshiko was only shown using the Rocket Switch, she's capable of all of the Right and Left Arm switches. This means that she can now transform into the Elec, Fire and Magnet States.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves JK from being killed by Ryusei in XIII-Web of Sin.
- The Bus Came Back: She wanted to see Gentaro again, so she gathered Cosmic Energy before transforming into a SOLU form on the moon.
- Guile Heroine: Only she could make Kijima concede by transforming her arm into a crab claw and pluck his soul out of his own body.
- The Quiet One: Only says a few words after her return but starts getting more vocal later on.
- Theme Naming: The Finishing Move usually start with "Nadeshiko"
- The Worf Effect: Her small skirmish with Kamen Rider Meteor is shown to highlight how powerful he's grown. Also justified in that she was also fighting Sagittarius Nova in A Month of Sundays.
Cosmic Hunting Dogs
A new group of Amanogawa Students and teacher, who become involved in their own affairs in the Kyoto Arc. Their main story is A Month of Sundays where they must stop Foundation X, Gamou and another Serpent from causing even more chaos.
Tropes associated with the Cosmic Hunting Dogs
- Badass Crew: They're slowly evolving into this, considering that they beat up previous Zodiarts (in human form but with their powers intact), helped Ohsugi fight Sagittarius Nova, and convince Damballa to work for them.
- Brains and Brawn: Rumi and Ibuki in Sundays-2.5
- Combat and Support:
- Combat: Abe the swordsman, Taira the samurai, Rumi the runner, Teruhiko the Hound Zodiarts
- Support: Mari the healer, Jun the negotiator, Ibuki the ninja, Miura the Aries Zodiarts
- Greek Chorus: Abe, Taira and Ibuki form one, sometimes sprinkling in pop culture references as they do.
- Hero of Another Story: Their adventures lie in the city of Futo instead of Kyoto.
- Power Trio: In different flavors:
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: At first glance it seems like Jun is the Beauty and Mari is the Brains. Later on it's reversed—Jun becomes the Brains, Mari the Beauty while Rumi stays the Brawn.
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: Taira, Abe and Ibuki, respectively.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief:
- The Glee has Abe being the fast one with his sword and blinds opponents with powder (Thief), Ibuki being a Ninja and more tools at his disposal (Mage) and Taira using an axe to deal the most damage (Fighter).
- The female members has Rumi charging ahead with the vaulting pole (Fighter), Mari and her healing powers (Mage), and Jun's acrobatics (Thief)
- Freudian Trio: The female side has Rumi the Id, Jun the Ego and Mari the Superego. The Glee Club has Ibuki the Id, Abe the Ego and Taira the Superego.
- Nice, Mean, and In-Between: Ibuki the nice one, Taira the mean one (or at least more snarky than his fellow Glee Club members), and Abe being a nice guy but also gets into chats with Taira.
- Town Girls: Huge Schoolgirl Rumi (Butch), Camera Fiend Mari (middle) and Cheerleader Jun (Femme).
- Master Character Heroes:
- Abe and Miura: Ares: The Protector
- Ibuki: Apollo: The Businessman
- Taira: Hades: The Recluse
- Teruhiko: Osiris: The Male Messiah.
- Master Character Heroines:
- Mari is Hera: The Matriarch
- Rumi is Artemis: The Amazon
- Jun: Demeter: The Nurturer and Isis: The Female Messiah.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: A photographer who likes photographing smiles, a High School glee club that has a sword wielder, ninja and samurai, a cheerleader who loves sweets, a Huge Schoolgirl who uses a vaulting pole, a Detention Teacher who previously had a habit of saying "Bad Boy" and his once delinquent son and former Zodiarts. They also recently added another former Zodiarts who is currently a Horoscope Zodiarts.
- Romance Genre Heroes: Abe is The Best Friend, Ibuki is The Professor, Taira is The Warrior, Teruhiko is The Swashbuckler and Miura is The Lost Soul.
- Romance Genre Heroines: Mari is The Spunky Kid, Rumi is The Crusader and Jun fills the role of The Nurturer (with shades of The Free Spirit).
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Rumi being the Tomboy for both Mari and Jun's Girly Girl.
Masquerade Costume: BelleMember of the photography club, and girlfriend to Toshiya Miura, Mari is one of the more reluctant members of the Cosmic Hunting Dogs. However, she steps into the fray after invoking a deal with the Rainbow Serpent to heal her friends. She now aims to save Miura from Gamou's Mind Control.
- Action Girlfriend
- Battle Couple: With Miura once he's freed from mind control.
- Camera Fiend: Downplayed. Rather than take pictures with it, she uses it to zoom onto other people, act as a telescope or for recording evidence just in case.
- Healing Hands: Only when the Rainbow Serpent fuses with her.
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: Her eyes glow yellow and orange when she activates "Sun Sight", which helps her see what a person truly desires. For example, when she analyzes Eiji, she sees that he wants the Taka Core Medal fixed.
- The Leader
- The Power of Love: Uses this to free Miura from Gamou's brainwashing spell. It works.
- Whip It Good: Can use bands of light as these, mostly to grab items from far away.
Masquerade Costume: The Dread Pirate RobertsClub President of the Glee Club and good friends with Soushi Motoyama, Abe joins the fray and brings the other Glee Club members with him.
- A Handful for an Eye: The scabbard of his blade has powder that he can use to blind people. Apparently, this is how he and Taira befriended each other in Kindergarten. He also picked up old spice jars from his house for future battles.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Word of God says he has pretty high grades, but he really just likes hanging out with Taira and practicing his singing.
- Childhood Friends: With Taira.
- Combat Pragmatist: See above.
- The Generic Guy: Doesn't have as big of a personality as his fellow Hunting Dogs.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Wields a tanto blade in battle.
- The Lancer
- Onion Tears: Starts shedding these as he's shown chopping onions.
- Secret Keeper: Keeps Motoyama's incident of being possessed by Momotaros a secret.
- Short-Range Guy, Long-Range Guy: One of two short range guys to Ibuki, due to him using a sword. He also has to be up close to a person's face when he tosses powder.
- Supreme Chef: His father is said to be a good chef in a restaurant in Kyoto.
Masquerade Costume: KafeiMember of the Glee Club who is ascended from a long line of Ninjas. While he won't divulge in any other details, he still has access to some diverse weaponry.
- Gender-Blender Name: He's got a feminine sounding name, which also goes with his sisters' own. (Iori and Ino).
- "Hey, You!" Haymaker: Does this to Makise to save Taira.
- Keet: Shows signs of this after Damballa goes through a Heel–Face Turn.
- Ninja: Which is probably a Shout-Out to a ninja also sharing his first name.
- Sinister Scythe: Wields a kusarigama in combat.
- Chain Pain: But mostly uses the weighted chain to grab onto people.
- Shorter Means Smarter
- Short-Range Guy, Long-Range Guy: The long range to both Abe and Taira's short range with his use of a chain weapon and his other weapons like kunai, metsubushi and shuriken.
- The Smart Guy
- Smoke Out: Uses metsubushi which he keeps inside hollowed-out eggs.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Carries explosion tags on his person.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: When teamed up with Rumi.
Masquerade Costume: SodomMember of the Glee Club who has trained as a samurai. The most sarcastic member of the group who doesn't hesitate to state what's on his mind, much to other's chagrin.
- Acrofatic: Pretty speedy for someone his size.
- An Axe to Grind: Wields one, which is most likely an ono.
- The Big Guy: Shares this position with Rumi.
- Childhood Friends: With Abe.
- Deadpan Snarker: Usually has a sarcastic or witty comment to anything and everything.
- Samurai: Hails from a long line of one.
- Short-Range Guy, Long-Range Guy: A short range along with Abe to Ibuki's long range due to the axe he carries on him.
Masquerade Costume: Rena RyuguuMember of the Track and Field team who decides to join the battle as payment for Kengo helping her out in the past, wielding a large vaulting pole to run up to enemies and kicking them in the face.
- The Big Guy: Shares this position with Taira.
- Daddy's Girl: Cares for her father's safety as shown in Sundays-12.
- Dual Wielding: Takes up her mother's batons as her new weapons.
- Hidden Depths: She likes pressing flowers and wishes to be in the Olympics representing Japan one day. The author's profile notes that she loves gardening and her favorite book is The Secret Garden
- Huge Schoolgirl: She states that she still has some insecurities on her height.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses a vaulting pole for her attacks.
- Kick Chick: Downplayed. She uses the momentum from her vaulting pole to slam her feet into opponent's faces.
- Missing Mom: She left her and her dad a few years back. From what Rumi notes, her mother felt trapped with being a mother and needed excitement in her life.
- Spring Jump: Uses her vaulting pole to prop herself up and drop-kick the enemy.
- Tomboy: In comparison to cheerleader Jun and camera holder Mari.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Likes pressed flowers and her masquerade outfit is the girly Rena Ryuguu who adores cute things.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: Her main method of attacking is charging to the enemy, slamming the vaulting pole down, use momentum to leap into the air, and then kick a person in the face. Has been pretty effective so far.
- Wrecked Weapon: Her vaulting pole gets snapped in half by Sagittarius Nova. Rumi's not happy with it seeing as her dad bought it for her.
Masquerade Costume: Bad GirlPresident of the Cheerleading Club who joins presumably under Miu's jurisdiction. While still having her love of sweets, she's determined to focus on stopping evil from spreading.
- A Birthday, Not a Break: The day A Month of Sundays takes place (April 29th, 2012) is on her birthday. Subverted in that she knows, but she just didn't tell anyone about it.
- Badass Normal: Doesn't have Rumi's vaulting pole, isn't a ninja or samurai like the Glee Club Members, carries no Zodiarts powers and she's not a Serpent-bearer. She doesn't need any of these things to kick ass.
- Batter Up: Picks up a baseball bat from her home. It's her younger brother's.
- Amusingly, her costume is Bad Girl, who is well known for beating people up with nothing more than a baseball bat.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's the emotional center for the group, and is more excited about cake and being happy and cheerful. Then she effortlessly punches Damballa—as Kamen Rider Pierrot—and gets him to stop his fights all while giving him three powerful Armor Piercing Questions.
- A constant Running Gag in Blue-Eyed Boy mentions that she beat up twenty Dopants with nothing more than a baseball bat. Jun really feels embarrassed every time it's brought up.
- Big Eater: Brought up by herself and by Word Ofgod. Deconstructed because of how it veers into Post-Stress Overeating as she eats so much for all of the meals her father and younger brother will never get to eat. Considering that she's around 18 at the time (they died when she turned 8), she's been like this for ten years.
- The Chick/The Heart: Is the emotional center of the group, comforting others with kind words.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: She punches Damballa in the face when he was in the form of Kamen Rider Pierrot.
- The Face: She was able to negotiate with Damballa. See below.
- Good Is Not Dumb: She's the leader of the cheer-leading club, love sweets and is very uplifting. Do NOT mistake this with her being a ditz.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: She utilizes Shotaro's mannequin arm to fight Kamen Rider Pierrot.
- Hidden Depths: Wishes to be a pastry chef one day and is actually smarter than others make her out to be.
- Hyper Awareness: In Sundays-11, where she figured out Damballa's ambition from what he told about himself and through observing the events of circus he created.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: Regretted to not speaking to her little brother, Junko, the day he died (read: her eighth birthday) as she revealed to KoAnkh in Blue-Eyed Boy.
- Oral Fixation: Places lollipops in her mouth to help her concentration or when she's depressed.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: She gives it to Damballa. It's enough for him to go to a small Villainous B.S.O.D..
- Running Gag: Tries to call Miu about what's going on. Unfortunately, Miu is always in some sort of pickle whenever that happens.
- Smarter Than You Look: She knows the symbolism of Mardi Gras colors and also about King's Cake (Although it's probably because it's cake that she knows it).
- She shows her smarts in Sundays-11 when she's the only one to accurately explain Damballa's reasoning throughout the whole "Carnival of the Human Spirit" act he created and how it actually connects with the Mardi Gras color symbolism. Last, she gives three powerful Armor Piercing Questions to Damballa that make him go through a Villainous Breakdown. Lampshaded by Taira who stated that he was never going to "under-estimate the cake eating cheerleader again".
- The Snack Is More Interesting: While Kougami and Satonaka explain about Ophiuchus's origins, Jun is happily munching away on cake.
- Stepford Smiler: Type A, surprisingly. She's actually hurting from the fact that her dad and little brother died ten years ago on her birthday—which is the day that Month of Sundays takes place. Explains why she doesn't want anymore bloodshed "today".
- Sweet Tooth: Was ecstatic to try out the cakes Kougami has made and usually has a lollipop in her mouth. This aspect of her is what makes her befriend Quetzie.
- She's also the only member of the Cosmic Hunting Dogs who really wants to try out Deneb's homemade lollipops.
Masquerade Costume: ClopinThe former Hound Zodiarts and son of Takashi Satake, Teruhiko wishes to fight against the monsters who made him lash out as the Hound in the first place. He was taken away by Foundation X scientists and experimented on, giving him the abilities of the Hound Zodiarts without pressing a switch.
- Big Eater: Is on his third bowl of curry in the Cous Coussier when he gets the call from his father in Sundays-8.5. Justified in that he hadn't eaten anything when he was being experimented on.
- Damsel out of Distress: A male variation. When he got captured by Foundation X, he freed himself with nothing more than his determination and willpower.
- Determinator: Took Cosmic Energy injections for a whole night without screaming. Then, he goes out to fight the other Switchers that were kidnapped before trying to stop a werewolf morphed Eiji and getting involved with more Serpent madness with Ankh. We should also mention that he hasn't eaten or slept since then.
- Heroic Willpower: It saves him from Gamou's Mind Control.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Has a supersonic howl that can knock-back enemies.
- Spike Shooter
- Synthetic Plague: Somewhat. He somehow gained the ability to have Cosmic Energy leak out of him, somehow transforming three Cell Medals into a new set of canine based Core Medals that forced themselves onto Eiji to give him a new form, and also give Ankh a new body. He presumes that he has it because he was in the midst of another Cosmic Energy injection and didn't complete it.
- You Have to Believe Me: When he tries to tell his fellow Switchers (Ritsuko, Jin, Makise, Nonomura, Tamae and Nitta) about what's happening regarding Gentaro. Needless to say, no one believes him.
Masquerade Costume: AuronThe Detention teacher of Amanogawa High and father to Teruhiko, Takashi decides to supervise the new group against the new threat after Foundation X kidnapped his son.
- Action Dad
- Adult Fear: Suffers through this over his son being kidnapped in front of his eyes and his inability to do anything to save him. He calms down a bit once the two reunite in Sundays-8.5
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Although they aren't as effective when your opponent's made of porcelain.
- Papa Wolf: He nearly got in a fist fight with Terui when Terui didn't want to do anything with saving Teruhiko.
- Team Dad: Becoming one to the Cosmic Hunting Dogs.
Month of Sundays Characters
Kamen Rider DoubleFirst seen in Intermission-2, the employees of the Narumi Detective Agency get involved with the main plot after Philip was brainwashed and Shotaro's death.
Shotaro Hidari (Kamen Rider Joker/Kamen Rider Pierrot)
Masquerade Costume: The Phantom of the OperaThe proclaimed "hard-boiled" detective and prodigy of Souichi Narumi, Shotaro was relaxing in his office one day when Gentaro appeared. In a span of a few minutes, he finds out that "Gentaro" was a double and he also met up with Ophiuchus who brainwashed Philip and commanded him to kill his partner and succeeded. He was then revived by Damballa, transforming his body into a wooden puppet. Things have gotten worse in Month of Sundays as he's apparently given in to the serpent's chaotic nature. He can also transform into Kamen Rider Pierrot through Damballa's influence.
- Boom, Headshot: A victim of this by Akiko/Kamen Rider Skull.
- Came Back Wrong: Just like every other Serpent-bearer.
- Creepy Doll: Becomes one thanks to Damballa, but the story insists that he is a "Mannequin".
- Curb-Stomp Battle: His fight with Ophiuchus in Horseshoes Intermission 2 pretty much has him tossed aside like a ragdoll.
- Flechette Storm: Can shoot nails out of his mouth which act as his teeth.
- Laughing Mad: Constantly laughs out loud when he talks.
- Manchild: The fragmented personality Damballa gave him and the personality Shotaro takes up once Damballa brainwashes him.
- My Greatest Failure: Unable to save Philip from Ophiuchus' Mind Control and being killed by Philip.
- No Sell: When Shingo fires a bullet to his brain, it doesn't even phase him.
- Purple Eyes: Gains these under Damballa's control.
- Scary Teeth: They're nails.
- Shout-Out: Doll!Shotaro's nail teeth are presumably a shout out to a Junji Ito character named Soichi after the titular Soichi's Diary of Delights. Shotaro lampshades this as he tells Damballa that he isn't a 'demented manga character'.
- Theme Naming: Kamen Rider Pierrot's special moveset includes:
- Trauma Conga Line: Oh boy...
- Verbal Tic: Starts EMPHASIZING different words whenever he SPEAKS.
- Walking Spoiler: Shotaro's had a very bad day.
Akiko Narumi-Terui/Kamen Rider Skull II
Masquerade Costume: YunaDaughter of Souchi Narumi and wife to Ryu Terui, after hearing what happened to both Shotaro and Philip, she's decided to join the fighting, especially when she is now granted the power to be Kamen Rider Skull.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: She helps fight off Masquerade Dopants alongside her husband.
- Battle Couple: With Ryu, of course.
- Legacy Character: Becomes the next Kamen Rider Skull.
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya: "My name is Akiko Narumi-Terui, daughter of the famous Souichi Narumi...and the new Kamen Rider Skull! Prepare to Die!"
- Shoe Slap: Her famous green slipper makes a return.
- Take Up My Sword: Shotaro wrote her a letter that stated that should he or Philip (or in the worst case scenario, both of them) were incapacitated, she would have to be Kamen Rider Skull to save Futo. She agrees.
Ryu Terui/Kamen Rider Accel
Masquerade Costume: Eric DravenPolice officer of Futo who gets involved in the whole madness following Shotaro's death and resurrection.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With his wife against the Masquerade Dopants.
- Battle Couple: With Akiko above.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Defeated easily by Shotaro in Sundays-8.
Neon UlslandThe head of Foundation X, who has teamed up with Gamou in regards to Cosmic Energy and Zodiarts.
- Big Bad: Of A Month of Sundays.
- Character Tic: Holding onto her stopwatch.
- Villain Team-Up: With Gamou.
Kamen Rider OOODebuting in Sundays-5, there are two subplots regarding them: Kougami and Satonaka giving out information regarding Ophiuchus's origins and Eiji and Ankh returning to Japan with some...minor complications.
Eiji Hino/Kamen Rider OOO
Masquerade Costume: Sweeney ToddWhile traveling through the desert, Eiji sees Ankh in his ghostly form and learns of the complications in Japan. Unfortunately, on his way back, he ran into Teruhiko and gained a new set of Core Medals that transformed him into a new Oyokal form. After he was freed from that, Shotaro kidnapped him and Damballa transformed him into a doll.
- And I Must Scream: His transformation into a doll had his face forced into a smile and his mind breaking into pieces.
- Animal Motif: The new Oyokal form he gains from the Core Medals created by Teruhiko include:
- Creepy Doll: Gets transformed into one by Damballa.
- The Cameo: He's mentioned by Erin in her story of Summertime Sadness, where he helped Dr. Oliver with his paleontology work.
- Mind Rape: A victim of one by Damballa.
- Nigh Invulnerable: In doll form. He took two bullets to the face, yet all that was shown were cracks. Hina punched him in the stomach, and all that's shown was porcelain falling out. It took a gun shot to the chest to take him down.
Ankh/Kamen Rider Helios
Masquerade Costume: Goblin King JarethReduced to a ghostly hand at the end of OOO, Ankh returns and warns Eiji of the impending doom that's coming to Japan. He somehow gained his own body, presumably from Teruhiko and the Cosmic Energy inside him. Unfortunately, he quickly became possessed by another serpent, Quetzalcoatl, that he is now contracted to. He has also been blessed with his own transformation belt to become Kamen Rider Helios.
- Back from the Dead: Somewhat. His body is now made out of Cosmic Energy thanks to Teruhiko, but it'll fade away if nothing is done about it, hence the contract.
- Blood Lust: Thanks to Quetzalcoatl. Quetzie explains that because his body is composed of Cosmic Energy—from Teruhiko's accidental collision—he needs blood in order to keep it stabilized, else the body will fade.
- Demonic Possession: A serpent entered into his mouth, creating a Serpent-bearer contract.
- Eye Scream: Gets both of his eyes pierced by a huge nail, courtesy of Shotaro.
- Animal Eyes: Mari gives him a new pair, which look just like a serpent's.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot:
- Would Hurt a Child: Doesn't think twice to slap Quetzie across the face for causing all of the above to happen. Jun stops him because while Ankh has a right to be mad, it's no excuse to beat up a little boy.
Masquerade Costume: Willy Wonka
- Large Ham: It isn't Kougami without this. When Takashi Satake asks why he does it, Kougami replies that it shows of his desire to live.
- Mister Exposition: Along with Satonaka, he gives a bit of an explanation to the origins of Ophiuchus and the term "Serpent-bearer".
- Pals with Jesus: Is on good terms with Wadjet due to his desire to live fitting with Wadjet's ideals.
Masquerade Costume: Beatrix KiddoKougami's secretary shows up with a cake and an invitation to the Kougami Company. When she's not eating cake, she's seen fighting any and all bad guys coming her way.
- Bodyguard Babes: Loyal secretary to Kougami and a powerful ass-kicker on the side.
- Combat Pragmatist: She fights dirty with hair-tugging and slamming people against the wall without mercy.
- Mister Exposition: Helps explain the origins of Ophiuchus along with Kougami.
- Mysterious Past: According to Word of God, she once was part of the Family Circle and stayed there for five years. She then left it because "she was bored".
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Sonada tries to tell how the two are pretty similar to one another. Satonaka bashes her head against the DenLiner window repeatedly.
- The Stoic: Barely phased with anything that comes her way.
Shingo and Hina Izumi
Masquerade Costumes: Ken Masters and Chun-liThe former host for Ankh and his younger sister, both Izumi siblings arrive during Teruhiko's spare with Eiji and Ankh. Shingo weidls his gun while Hina prefers getting up close and personal to punch people into oblivion.
- Backstory: Hina's super-human strength comes from a challenge her father made years ago: beat him in an arm-wrestling match, and she can go to fashion school. Hina then noted that she almost sent her dad in the hospital from the fight.
- Brother-Sister Team
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Hina, of course. She proves this by punching through a doll-transformed Eiji's stomach which was porcelain, and creates a large hole in his stomach. In contrast, Takashi left cracks on the face, and his knuckles were bleeding.
- Girly Bruiser: Hina nearly sent her dad in a hospital in an arm-wrestling match, yet she's also trying to be a fashion designer.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Hina usually fights people with her own fists.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Gender-flipped. Hina's the one using her bare fists and super strength, while Shingo's using his gun at the adversaries.
- The Gunslinger: Shingo.
- More Deadly Than the Male: Hina, definitely so.
- Seen It All: When Teruhiko starts explaining about what happened to him, neither sibling sound shocked about it.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Hina subdues Eiji with an elbow drop and an ankle lock.
Masquerade Costume: Lady AmaltheaThe owner of the International Cuisine Cous Coussier, Chiyoko brightens up everyone's mood with food and costumes despite the madness that she'll eventually enter.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: She has to be considering her restaurant. Becomes quick friends with Yumeria because of that.
- Plucky Girl: It doesn't matter what's going on, she's going to do as much as she can to cheer everyone up.
Yumeria Moegi (real name: Yuko Yamada)
Masquerade Costume: Margaret MoonlightA 23-year-old woman into cosplay who was recently fired from her job in a rental service. Jun invites her to the Cous Coussier to help prepare for a masquerade party with the chance of getting hired there.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Of course—Jun suggested she'd come to the masquerade at the Cous Coussier because she'd have a giant supply of costumes.
- Dark and Troubled Past: There are hints that she has one, aside from her mother dying she was put in an orphanage. The rest isn't told as she's interrupted by Mari and Miura's waltz practice.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She actually appears in Wheel-14, getting her fortune read by Mei Shirakawa.
- Fangirl: Of a show called Gypsy Dragon, mistaking Yayoi as her cosplaying the main character.
- First-Name Basis: Zig-zagged. She's mostly called Yumeria, except for Luna who calls her by her first name, Yuko.
- Happily Adopted: The author's notes say that she was adopted by a man named Ryoma Yamada when she was seven.
- Head Desk: Does this in frustration over losing her job and not being able to pay rent in Month of Sundays.
- In-Series Nickname: Judging by a text-message from Lovely, her nickname is "Yumeri".
- Intergenerational Friendship: Friends with Jun Shigeno, seeing as Jun has her cellphone number.
- Sempai/Kohai: Has this relationship with Luna Ishwamizu as shown in Cherry Picking and Confessions On a Dance Floor, where Luna calls her "Yuko-sempai".
- Shipper on Deck: Considers Haruto and Yayoi's relationship to be adorable.
- Unexpected Character: She's not from a Kamen Rider Series, but rather an unofficial Super Sentai series.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Squeals in delight of the video file Lovely gave her from Forbidden Fruit.
Who Decides/Wheel of Fortune Characters
Mei Shirakawa/Madame PolluxOne of Ryusei's only friends, Mei is suffering under Yamada's reign as the Aries Zodiarts. She's usually shown with her tarot deck drawing predictions, mostly to figure out what happened in Who Decides as she was possessed when she gave Ryusei his fortune. Lives a very terrible life with Abusive Parents and jerkwad friends, and is willing to do anything to escape her fate.
- Abusive Parents
- Awful Truth: She has psychic powers but on the day she was supposed to prove them, she failed. If she did what she was told, her parents would've received the family fortune and the parents had to wait another six years for her to try again. What's worse is that her powers are at their best under stress.
- Berserk Button: Anyone who says the words "Rental Service" will make her pissed. Learning things regarding her friends and family that affected her life makes her furious.
- Break the Cutie: Her life sucks.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Yayoi' Abel, seeing as they are actually cousins. Yayoi doesn't know this though.
- Demonic Possession: Was a victim of this in Who Decides, but doesn't know who or what did it. Signs all point to Renenutet on this one.
- Driven to Suicide: Commits seppuku so that she can make a contract with Renenutet.
- Fortune Teller: She's the one in Who Decides?
- Iconic Item: Her tarot deck, given to her by her mother. It was given to her to gauge her powers, not out any love.
- It's All About Me: She doesn't have a big of an ego, but it took her ten chapters in Wheel of Fortune for her to learn that Gentaro was resurrected. Renenutet explains it's because she's focused on her problems to figure out that there's more that meets the eye.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Has been slow to realize that Gentaro was resurrected as she's too absorbed to figure out her own dilemmas.
- Meaningful Name: Pollux is a star in the constellation of Gemini, the Twins.
- Never My Fault: Doesn't truly understand that she killed Haruto, but rather argues that she just summoned the swords that killed him and that it was Haruto's fault for not defending himself in time.
- Psychic Powers: She supposedly has psychokinesis but only when under pressure.
- Western Zodiac: Ryusei reveals she's an Aquarius in Why Decide?
- Wild Card: By the time she's in Kyoto, as shown in both Horseshoes and SplitxEnd, she prevented Haruto and Yayoi from entering Kyoto—and even killing Haruto in the process—but gave Yayoi a reading in order to go save him.
Ros and GuilThe two boys that were seen with Mei in the original series are nothing more than hired hands from Yamada Tatsumori himself. They really don't care about Mei's plight and are just sticking around to get their well-deserved paycheck for having to deal with Mei's problems for three months.
- Abusive Parents: Their mom was a drunkard who tried to seduce them after their father died.
- Accomplice by Inaction: Guil, by virtue of just standing there while his brother rants.
- Ascended Extra: They were just to guys who were with Mei in the original show, but here they have more background.
- Asshole Victim
- Berserk Button: Ros doesn't like it when he has to be reminded of his mother. This even extends to Guil, his own brother, trying to explain it.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Mei named them Ros and Guil from the Shakespeare play because she keeps forgetting their true names, but the forums she visited also call them that.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Renenutet devouring them means that they'll be erased out of existence—no one will remember them and it'll be like they were never born in the first place.
- Freudian Excuse: They used to be sweet guys but when their dad died, their mom went on the deep end with alcohol and her constant attempts to seduce them due to their resemblance to their own dad. They got her out of their hands by putting her in the rental company for some "rockstar looking for a girlfriend", but they also were settled with debts and had to pay them off in the rental company.
- Jerkass: Ros, especially. Guil's no better by just following along.
- Only in It for the Money: They acted like Mei's friends for a paycheck. Of course there's a good reason why they need it, but they would've lived if they weren't complete jerks.
- Prophetic Nicknames: Their nicknames are of two characters from Hamlet, a well known tragedy. It's a no-brainer what happened in the end.
- Satellite Character: Guil may come like this, seeing as he is there to make comments on his brother's angry tirades.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Ros does this when on an angry tirade.
- Shout-Out to Shakespeare: Their names are the shorten versions of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, names of the (very) minor characters in Hamlet but the protagonists of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
- Those Two Guys/Those Two Bad Guys
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: They asked the rental company to send their mom to a "rockstar looking for a girlfriend". Said rockstar was JK's father, and their mother would eventually kill his daughter, Keiko, and leave JK with a Survivor Guilt complex.
Taeko and Shion ShirakawaMei's loving mother and father. They're too busy with their jobs to realize Mei's unhappiness (that and Yamada's presence) but they do notice that they have to be complete jerks to their daughter.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: When they are about to be devoured by Renenutet, they beg for mercy. Renenutet won't have that.
- Asshole Victims: They were killed in a pretty gruesome way by Renenutet.
- Greed: See below.
- Jerkass: They act mean because their daughter screwed them over in getting the family fortune and have been acting like jerks so she can manifest her powers and make them rich.
- Original Characters
Mitsuko, Yoko and MidnightThe usernames of three people on the forum that Mei frequents. They discuss a bit of the backstory regarding Yamada, Ros and Guil, and anything regarding the rental service that they worked in. So far, the only one revealed is Midnight, who is Luna Iwashimizu.
- Foreshadowing: Yoko mentions about Gentaro dying and how she had so much planned for him. This is probably Yukina Takamura who went crazy during the trip due to Gentaro's death.
- The Ghost: They're only shown through their conversations. It isn't until Cherry Picking that we learn the identity of Midnight, Luna Iwashimizu.
- Greek Chorus
- Mr. Exposition: Their chats reveal a lot of backstory regarding Ros, Guil and Yamada Tatsumori.
- Those Three Girls: If they're all girls, anyway.
Yusuke and Yomi JojimaYuki Jojima's parents who work part-time in a rental service for children who have lost their parents.
- Cosplay: They first appear wearing dresses of French royalty.
- Early-Bird Cameo: The mother is shown in Horseshoes-9, but both make their proper debut in Wheel-9
- Good Parents: Definitely better than Mei's.
- Letter Motif: With their daughter Yuki, their names start with Y.
- Paid-For Family: Although the company they work for is much nicer than the one Mei suffered through.
- Parents as People: To Mei.
- Sheep in Sheep's Clothing: They're first shown to be suspicious as the end of Wheel-9, but the following chapter reveals that they really are nice people and care for Mei.
Ryu, Donut Hungry Shop EmployeeA teen who works at the Donut Hungry Shop whom Mei befriends. He's really an observer sent by the rental company to keep an eye on Mei.
- Ascended Extra: In the original show, he was only there to be comic relief with the Hungry Shop Manager and was basically a Flat Character in general.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Shows his nasty side at the end of Wheel-14 to Mei, stating that in the rental business you don't trust anyone. Then, he brings up his original cheery facade as if to rub it in her face.
- Smug Snake: Rubs it in Mei's face on how she's too naive to believe he's a Nice Guy before going back to said nice guy persona.
- Youve Got Spunk: His reply to Mei when he learns what she's planning to do in infiltrating the family circle.
Split x End Characters
Characters that debut in SplitxEnd .
Yayoi Tokuda/Split x End
Masquerade Costume: EsmereldaFormer Coma Zodiarts attending college. Her life consists of waking up, going to school, going home, etc. Upon hearing from JK on Gentaro's death, and seeing him attending his funeral, she becomes determined to unravel this mystery while also getting sucked into the mystery that is Gentaro Kisaragi.The title comes from her username in the forums.In Intermission-3, she gets into a fight against Mei Shirakawa which results in Haruto killed and resurrected by Damballa. She vows to head to Futo to save him. She shows up in Month of Sundays in Futo with four swords making good word on her promise.
- Allergic to Routine: Mentions this in the beginning of Split-1.
- Berserker Tears: Sheds these during her Kill It with Fire moment with Haruto.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The Coma Zodiarts incident aside, she's mostly worried about JK's safety and believes she's not as strong as she seems to be. This definitely doesn't stop her in Sundays-9.5 from using her new swords to slice off a Doll!Haruto's limbs and leave him to burn alive because he's no longer the one she grew attached to.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Mei's Cain, seeing as they are cousins. Whether Yayoi knows this or not is a different story.
- Claustrophobia: Yayoi has this based on an event in elementary school where bullies trapped her in a dark warehouse and barricaded the door with their bodies. When trapped in Gentaro's closet, she focuses on the information she has in hand to ignore her fear of it.
- Childhood Friends: With JK.
- Cool Sword: Four of them, in fact.
- Dramatic Sit-Down: Once she teleports back to the Antique Shop and confesses what happened with Mei.
- Eureka Moment: Figures how Gentaro was resurrected after seeing a Ryutaros-possessed JK and beating him up with a pillow.
- First-Person Smartass: Only when it comes to making comments regarding stuff she learns about others, ranging from learning that the Cancer Zodiarts was Kijima, to questioning where Ryusei learned the one-inch punch.
- Fist of Rage: Upon Haruto's confusion over love. It ends in pain.
- Fortune Teller: Koyomi's outfit for her in Split-11. In contrast with Madame Pollux's grey In the Hood cloak, Yayoi's is more colorful and gypsy-like.
- Four-Element Ensemble: Her swords, a saber, rapier, wakizashi and scimitar. Incidentally, they're colored with the same colors for Wizard's rings.
- Hand Behind Head: She does this when she tells WizarDragon about confessing her feelings to Haruto in Sundays-Intermission.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Gains the ability to summon four swords with different elements: a sabre, rapier, wakizashi and scimitar.
- Flaming Sword: The sabre when Yayoi first wielded it.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for being weak which resulted in Damballa brainwashing Haruto in Intermission-3.
- In-Series Nickname: Kani-san likes to call her "Toku-chan".
- Like Brother and Sister: To JK. It helps that they've been friends since they were very young. An interesting thing to note is that she's actually the older one of the two.
- Love Confession: Does this and hopes that the Power of Love can save him from Damballa's Mind Control. It didn't, and she wasn't happy in the slightest.
- It actually worked. Haruto revealed chapters later that he heard it, but decides that they should take it steady.
- Non-Action Guy: Deconstructed. She hates being this, and can't join JK and the Kamen Rider Club because she feels as if she's going to weigh them down.
- Not Good with Rejection: Or better, "Not good with the guy asking what love's about". Her response to this was to Kill It with Fire.
- Otaku: A dinosaur otaku, according to the author.
- Please Don't Leave Me: States this to Haruto at the end of Split-12 as Haruto laid dying from the sword pierced through his heart.
- Say My Name: In Sundays-8/Split-14: "DAMBALLA!!!!"
- The Scream: Upon hearing Doll Haruto's "What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?" pondering after she confessed her love to him, she gives this. Then she proceeds to slice him in half and leave him to burn.
- Survivor Guilt: Blamed herself for getting Haruto killed during their confrontation with Mei, believing that she was too weak to do anything.
- Tarot Motifs: After the altercation in Intermission-3, she carries a Four of Swords card representing the inner conflict she faced when Haruto was killed with Damballa resurrecting him and the guilt she had in not being strong enough to save him.
- The interesting part is that the man depicted in the Four of Swords is Haruto.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Croquettes, particularly cream crab ones. It serves to be an interesting opposite to Haruto's love of sugar donuts. The author states that she and JK first met when JK accidentally made her drop a bag of croquettes she was going to share with her parents.
Keizou JinguJK's former rock-star dad who is currently working as a fishermen. He's still estranged from his son due to something that Yayoi calls "that incident", but he tries his best to be there for when JK needs him.
- Cool Old Guy: Presumably from being a rock-star.
- Noodle Incident: "That incident", which is the source of all the drama in the Jingu residence. It's revealed that it's due to his daughter's death a few years ago which made him drop out of being a famous rockstar.
Kit and Maya (KRSwan)The protagonists from Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, Yayoi interacts with them in order to find information regarding Ophiuchus and Gentaro.
- Early-Bird Cameo: They're shown in Intermission-2 prior to their official debut.
- The Ghost: Aside from Intermission-2, Maya usually talks through to Yayoi in the forums.
- Heroes of Another Story: The two are currently going through their own troubles in Quick To The Trigger
- Knowledge Broker: Maya, under her moniker KRSwan, acts like this to Yayoi. She also mentions her friend JTC, who was also a Knowledge Broker in Dragon Knight.
Kani-sanAn old man who owns a croquette stand where Yayoi frequents.
- Cool Old Guy: Has known Yayoi and JK for years, and let them work in his stand one time.
- Go Through Me: Tries this in SplitxEnd over Masquerade Dopants. He gets tasered for his troubles.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Yayoi usually calls him 'Kani-san'.
Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard
Masquerade Costume: DanteThe "Ringed Wizard" of fame. He appears in Tears-9 in a cameo before debuting in Split-3. He saves Yayoi from a run-in in the "men in white coats" and helps her uncover the mysteries behind Gentaro Kisaragi's past, planning to head to Kyoto to spread the news. In the process, he gets killed and revived by Damballa into a doll before being taken to Futo. Fortunately, he has recovered, but now his soul has fused with the Phantom inside him.Has his own story in "Imagine Dragons", which takes the events of SplitxEnd, but in his perspective.
- Berserk Button: Threatening harm to Yayoi has become one to him. When WizarDragon suggested making a Phantom out of her, Haruto immediately became angry.
- Imagine Dragons also has anyone who mocks his parents' deaths.
- Blood from the Mouth: After being killed off by the Four of Swords card.
- Came Back Wrong: Initially, due to Damballa transforming him into a doll. After that, he was resurrected with WizarDragon fusing with his soul.
- Creepy Doll: Intermission-3 has him transformed into a stuffed doll by Damballa and Yayoi finds him very unsettling. Thankfully, he was cured of this.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He actually appears in Tears-9 when Gentaro picks up donuts from the Hungry Donut Shop Manager. His proper debut is in Split-3.
- Four is Death: Gets impaled by the fourth sword in the Four of Swords in Horseshoes' third intermission.
- Fusion Dance: Has his soul fused with WizarDragon so that both of them could live.
- Kill It with Fire: How Yayoi dealt with Doll!Haruto in A Month of Sundays.
- Only a Flesh Wound: After becoming a doll and having some trouble standing up, Yayoi grabs his arm to keep him from falling...only to reveal that his arm is ripped apart and sand falls down. His response?Haruto: "Can I have my arm back?"
- Perpetual Smiler: Once transformed into a doll, due to the stitch-like mouth he has on.
- Sharing a Body: With WizarDragon starting from Sundays-Intermission.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: In his doll form. They're buttons. He retains them once he returns into human form.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: His Doll form doesn't understand Yayoi's love confession to him. Yayoi doesn't take it very well.
WizarDragonHaruto's Phantom who gives Haruto the powers to become Kamen Rider Wizard. He fuses his soul to Haruto's to help resurrect them after Damballa's doll transformation on them both.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Draconic Humanoid: When he takes over Haruto's body, giving him wings, spiral-like horns, tail and claws.
- Enemy Mine: Makes one with Yayoi, seeing as they both want Haruto live and if Haruto dies, so does he.
- Evil Laugh: Likes to indulge in this over Haruto's insistence that they will become the hope of others.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Sharing a Body: Due to Damballa's spell and Yayoi slicing off Haruto's limbs, WizarDragon combines their souls so that the two can heal faster.
Masquerade Costume: SallyHaruto's fortune-teller friend who appears by his side in Tears-3, giving Yayoi a vague warning to be very wary.
- Cute Mute: Yayoi's first impression of her.
- Fangirl: Loves The Hunchback of Notre Dame, especially the character Clopin.
- Shipper on Deck: Seems to like Haruto and Yayoi together.
Masquerade Costume: Yen SidThe owner of the Omokegado Antique Shop who helps Yayoi with her investigation by giving her some very crucial facts.
- Cool Old Guy: Gives Yayoi a place to stay after her run-in with the Men in White and also the gems that would give her the four swords to fight against Damballa.
- Mister Exposition: Helps set up the backstory of the descendants of Asclepius, which is crucial to understanding Gentaro's past.
- Mysterious Past: Whatever he did in Greece and the information he learned from there.
Goro KisaragiGentaro's grandfather who appears at the Antique Shop to help give more background regarding his grandson's past. He also carries the blood of Asclepius.
- Badass Biker: Dresses up this way, and was shown to be a biker in the past.
- Badass Grandpa: Gentaro had to get it from somewhere, after all!
- Cool Shades: They're red.
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger: Gives this to Yayoi in regards to how she and Haruto and raided his home in order to get information regarding Gentaro.
- Light The Way: Intimidates Haruto and Yayoi by hurling an orb of light at their faces.
- Mister Exposition: Helps explains the history of the descendants of Asclepius.
Owner/Station MasterThe operator of the DenLiner who informs the Kamen Rider Club of Gentaro's status as a living dead. He lets the Kamen Rider Club bunk in the DenLiner during the Kyoto Arc. Station Master has also appeared, but takes a non-action role rather than join the front lines like Owner.
- Cool Old Guy: Both of them, as usual.
- Cult: Owner tells of Ohsugi becoming a member of the Cult of Caduceus, and is able to summon the winged serpent staff of the cult's namesake.
- Improbable Weapon User: Paper flags as projectiles.
- Non-Action Guy: Station Master hasn't been shown fighting, although this is probably because he also has duties taking care of the time stream.
- Sword Cane: Owner wields one, and he gives it to Kougami to use.
Hana SakuraiThe daughter of Airi Nogami and Yuto Sakurai, she boards the DenLiner until her time catches up. Despite her age, she's willing to help fight against others who threaten the world's safety.
- Cute Bruiser
- Frying Pan of Doom: Wields one to block Sonada's attacks in Month of Sundays.
- Infant Immortality: Averted. Yuri boils her alive with hot ground water and she can't participate in the fighting at Kyoto. She gets better and is shown fighting in Month of Sundays.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Helps defeat Sonada and Kijima by lighting a match after a bag of flour had been tossed around, resulting in a large explosion.
NaomiThe plucky waitress of the DenLiner serving food to the patrons at the dining cart. Despite the madness of Ophiuchus and Gentaro, she does her best to be optimistic throughout.
- Frying Pan of Doom: Uses one against Kijima in Sundays-6.5
- Improbable Weapon User: Utilizes a fire extinguisher, whipped cream and an air horn during her battle with Kijima.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Naomi is seen at the beginning of the 2nd day of the Kyoto Arc quiet and cooking something other than fried rice, pudding or coffee, to highlight the seriousness of the day.
- Plucky Girl
- Pungeon Master: Uses puns on Kijima during their fight. Kijima wasn't amused in the slightest.
Yuto Sakurai and DenebThe duo that become Kamen Rider Zeronos, the two pick up the Cosmic Hunting Dogs in Sundays-Intermission while taking a break from their adventure.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Yuto was mentioned back in Horseshoes and Hand-grenades in a throwaway line from Owner.
- Hand Gagging: In Month of Sundays, Yuto does this to Deneb just as Deneb is about to mention something about Gentaro. See above for an explanation.
- Heroes of Another Story: Stated way back in Horseshoes and Hand-grenades, Yuto is off on an adventure with Ryotaro and Kotaro.
- Quick To The Trigger explains that the two are trying to prevent Gentaro's resurrection in the distant future.
- Incoming Ham/Say My Name: "DENEB!!!
Zaname City Characters
The citizens of Zaname City, and characters who interact within Zaname, where they are isolated from the goings on in most of the Horseshoes universe, but nevertheless are somehow involved with the madness, one way or the other.
Kiyojiro BandoOwner of the Drupers' fruit bar, he and his daughter Lovely Bando supply sweet treats to the teens of Zaname City. His specialty seems to be something known as the "Berry Sweet Love" parfait.
- Anti-Villain: Type IV. He's a really Nice Guy who really appreciates how customers eat his parfaits...and probably knows about his daughter's work in getting couples together in her own way.
- Cool Old Guy: Despite his daughter's yaoi tendencies, he's really nice to his customers and doesn't hold ill will to them.
Lovely BandoDaughter of Kiyojiro who helps make deliveries all across Zaname City. Also a fujoshi.
- Genki Girl: A pretty dark version of one considering the below.
- In-Series Nickname: "Love-chan" by Yumeria.
- Jaw Drop: Does this when she sees that Takatora bought a "Berry Sweet Love" parfait to share with his little brother. Then she decides to go along with it.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Gets way too close to Takatora and Mitsuzane for their own comfort.
- Original Character
- Shipper on Deck: How Kiyojiro describes her.
- Stocking Filler: Shown wearing fishnet stockings when she first appears.
- Sweet Tooth: Seeing the cake Takatora bought from Charmant had her nearly drooling, stating that they make her father's parfaits seem like sheet cakes. In A Month of Sundays, Yumeria sends photos of all the cakes Kougami made for the Cous Coussier's masquerade party, noting that she'd love them.
- Yaoi Fangirl: She can make Yumeria run for her money. Also considered a Deconstruction as she seems to forcefully get the boys she watches to delve deep not only into her own fantasies, but also theirs.
Luna IwashimizuI couldn't sit back as I was being shoved around being someone else's "special someone". I had to be me. I had to be selfish.Another Akibaranger character who works in a costume shop. She works in the same rental company that Yumeria was fired from, but is willing to leave it behind for a small fee from Kota. Goes by the name Midnight in the chatrooms.Has her own story in Confessions On a Dance Floor as she aspires to become a model and unravel secrets of Zaname City.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Just like Yumeria, she runs a shop called Sew Sweet. The end of Cherry Picking chapter 1 states she'll meet up with her online boyfriend (Souji) via cosplay.
- Every Man Has His Price: Kota bribes Luna with some money for a variety of secrets, notably it's to let her leave the rental company and start her career as an idol.
- Finger Wag: Gives this to Kota when she blocks him from entering the changing room in Cherry Picking-6.
- First-Person Smartass: More snarky than Yayoi is in her story.
- No Sense of Personal Space: The way she checks that Hideyasu is wearing the maid outfit is by pressing her hands on his chest and stomach, stopping close on putting her hands on his waist.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Invokes this as she was taught by Yumeria that if people perceived you as a ditz, you work it to your advantage.
- Sempai/Kohai: Has this relationship with Yumeria, calling her by the honorable "Yuko-sempai" and decides to leave the rental company after learning that Yumeria was fired.
- Unexpected Character: She too is from the unofficial Super Sentai series.
- Yaoi Fangirl: She's Yumeria's apprentice and knows the signs of two boys having time to themselves.
Kota Katzuraba/Kamen Rider GaimLeader of Team Gaim who apparently works at Charmant. Was kidnapped by Micchy and brainwashed to become a member of the Kureshima family.In Summertime Sadness, it's revealed that he was the boy Miu Kazashiro danced with at prom.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The first one of the Zaname Kamen Riders to fall victim tothis.
- First Love: To Miu.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Upon seeing the footage of Yuya becoming an Invase and him killing Yuya, he looks in absolute horror...for a few seconds until Micchy makes him unconscious.
Kaito Kumon/Kamen Rider BaronLeader of Team Baron, and Kota's rival. Was drugged from eating one of Lovely's parfaits before Kota manipulated his memories so he could easily be manipulated.
- Brainwashed and Crazy
- False Memories: While drugged, Kota easily manipulates his memories to believe that Yggdrasil saved Kaito rather than ruin him.
Mitsuzane "Micchy" Kureshima/Kamen Rider RyugenYounger brother of Takatora, and member of Team Gaim. On his birthday, he and Takatora indulged in sweets...one of them being a special parfait that acted like a Love Potion made by Lovely.
- Brother-Sister Incest: With Takatora, no thanks to Lovely.
- Snake People: Becomes one after he and Takatora had sex for the first time, due to whatever Lovely placed in that parfait. However, he is also capable of shift back to ahuman form.
Takatora Kureshima/Kamen Rider ZangetsuHead of Yggdrasil and the older brother to Micchy. What was supposed to be a dessert to share for his brother's birthday, would unfortunately cause a spread of forbidden love and brainwashing
- Brother-Sister Incest: With Micchy, thanks to Lovely.
- Snake People: Just like his brother.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: That parfait he bought in Forbidden Fruit? Let's just say it spiraled into a large haze of love and lust for the Zaname City Kamen Riders.
Ryoji Hase/Kamen Rider KurokageLeader of Team Raid Wild, who was targeted by Lovely to eat one of her special parfaits in Forbidden Fruit. In Cherry Picking, he has brainwashed by Ryoma to become the butler of the Kureshimas.
- Battle Butler: Has become the butler to the Kureshima family, and was sent to kill off Sonomura and Team Red Hot by Ryoma.
- Brainwashed and Crazy
- Spared by the Adaptation: Didn't lose his Sengoku Driver, thus he didn't eat the Helheim Fruit to become an Invase.
Hideyasu Jounochi/Kamen Rider GridonHead of Team Invitto, and rival to Ryoji who was also a target of Lovely's parfaits. In Cherry Picking, he is brainwashed to become a maid to the Kureshimas.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Seeing a pattern here?
- Going Commando: In his feminine attire, much to Luna's utter embarrassment.
- Hidden Depths: When Kota hypnotized him, Hideyasu revealed he secretly wanted to relish in being a girl and wearing dresses. This is probably from having his Beat Rider team being consisted of girls.
- Meido: His attire in the Kureshima mansion.
- Trigger Phrase: "Down the Rabbit Hole".
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Starts dressing up as a girl in public with a matching wig to hide his identity.
Ryoma SengokuHead scientist of Yggdrasil, who learned of what happened to Takatora and Micchy, and has decided to 'help' the Zaname Kamen Riders into becoming loyal members of the Kureshima family.
- Manipulative Bastard
- More Than Mind Control: Brainwashes the Kamen Riders through drugs, subliminal commands, and video footage. For example, he brainwashes Kota after breaking him down with footage of Yuya's Invase transformation.
- Secret Keeper: Only he knows about what happened to Takatora and Micchy due to both Sid and Yoko being away from Zaname for Golden Week.
Mai TakatsukasaMember of Team Gaim and friend to both Kota and Micchy who is trying to figure out what happened to her good friends, but is always just one or two steps behind.
- Break the Cutie: Cherry Picking is proving to not be kind to her.
The KyoryugersThe 37th Super Sentai who fight with the power of dinosaurs who are visiting Zaname City to help Souji, Kyoryu Green, prepare for his date. Their main story is Give the Green Light.
- Shipper on Deck: The Kyoryugers are happy to help Souji with his decision to date Midnight (Luna), while Souji is both grateful and annoyed that they're doing this.
- Unexpected Characters: Aside from Original Characters, Kamen Riders (Japanese and American) and Unofficial Sentai, there hasn't been a representative for Super Sentai until now.
Souji Rippukan/Kyoryu GreenThe main focus of Give the Green Light as his plans for a simple date with Midnight somehow spiral out of control. His online name is "Ripper"
- Be Yourself: Luna's advice to him during their date.
- Closet Geek: Word of God says he watches Gypsy Dragon and has a replica sword from the show.
- Cosplay: Ends up dressing like Jack Atlas, much to his chagrin.
- Deadpan Snarker/First-Person Smartass: Seems to be a trait with most of the first person perspective fics.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Hideyasu starts calling him "Rippupu~". Luna finds it adorable.
- In-Series Nickname: Luna calls him "Souji Ripper-kun" whenever she talks about him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Has this reaction after he kissed Hideyasu in front of Luna (Hideyasu was in Wholesome Crossdresser mode but he didn't know that) and saw Luna storm off in tears.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no idea that Rin Katsuyama has a crush on him—when she accidentally rushes in to see Souji holding hands with Amy, she runs off in tears. Souji notes that he doesn't like Katsuyama quiet, but can't pinpoint the fact that it's because she thinks he has a crush on Amy and but it's him just practicing his posture.
Amy Uzuki/Kyoryu PinkThe only female member of the Kyoryugers, who is shown to be observant and caring for her friends. She appears in Dog Days, being good friends with Shunpei and becomes a confidant for Luna in Give the Green Light.
- Bad Liar: Her excuse as to why she has her Gaburevolver veers into this in Dog Days.
The Serpents are a race of beings that came from outer space and once fought in a large battle known as the "War of the Stars". When in contact with a deceased person, the person makes a deal to be brought back to life and then to be left in the helpless control of the Serpent itself and becoming a "Serpent-bearer" in the process. Each serpent has their own agenda as to why they are here, but none of them tend to be of any "good".
Tropes pertaining to the Serpents
- Always Chaotic Evil: With a few exceptions.
- Deal with the Devil: Their modus operandi in regards to resurrecting people from death.
- Demonic Possession
- Meaningful Name: All of them are named after mythical serpents.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The driving force of the story and many of them aren't what we can consider "good".
- Time Abyss: Many of them lived for around thousands of years.
OphiuchusThe Big Bad of the story who revives Gentaro from death. A very cunning serpent who takes sheer delight in his Serpent-bearer's desires to kill and destroy, his main goal is to revive King Ouroboros, the Serpent of all creation.
- Dark is Evil: He's usually seen as a black serpent.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Non-Indicative Name: His constellation means "Serpent-bearer" but the term is actually given to Gentaro. Month of Sundays states that Ophiuchus was the combined name of the serpent (Ophiuchus) and the human based on the constellation itself, Asclepius. The story in-universe is that when Asclepius died, Ophiuchus took over the human body.
- Noodle Incident: Hates humanity due to an incident where they betrayed him thousands of years ago.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- 13 Is Unlucky: He's the (unofficial) thirteenth symbol of the Zodiac and things get bad when he's around.
VasukiThe Tethering Serpent that is currently bound to Shun Daimonji. He only arrives to ensure that the world doesn't get destroyed too early.
- Light is Good: Has a white serpentine form, and is considered nicer than Ophiuchus (not that it helps much).
- Meaningful Name: Vasuki's namesake is a naga, one of the serpents of Hindu Mythology.
- Sneeze Cut: The recipient of one in Sundays-3 by Damballa.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Can create mirrors that lets people teleport from one place to another.
- Undying Loyalty: He states that he's forever loyal to Shiva.
Masquerade Costume: Masque of the Red DeathA Serpent god of Voudou, he appears in Intermission-2 and is currently under the contract of Shotaro Hidari. He is shown to have no loyalties to anyone but his own and is one of the most dangerous due to his chaotic mind.
- Anti-Villain: Type II or III.
- Berserk Button: Seeing the Aries Zodiarts (the second one, as this is Miura brainwashed to become Aries) in Sundays-5, makes him full of hatred due to the fact that the Zodiarts caused the death of his son and daughter-in-law, thus making his grandson lose his parents and he also lost his own wife in the struggle. He also doesn't like being compared to the Zodiarts in general.
- Body Horror: Anyone who gets transformed into a Creepy Doll. Haruto becomes a cloth doll filled with stuffing, Eiji was a porcelain doll, and Shotaro's a wooden mannequin.
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: "This will tickle a bit."
- Clasp Your Hands If You Deceive: In human form during Yayoi's love confession.
- The Dreaded: When Yayoi mentioned his name to Wajima, Wajima immediately states that he was completely dangerous.
- Evil Counterpart: Kamen Rider Pierrot to Kamen Rider Joker.
- Evil Laugh
- Faux Affably Evil: He makes Kijima run for his money. He acts like a jovial old man with his laughter and everything but the fact that he transforms Shotaro into a doll that spits out nails as a way of saving him from death tells you that he is evil to the core. Not to mention that, he also did it to Haruto in Intermission-3 and to Eiji in Sundays-8.5.
- For the Evulz: Everything he does is, seemingly, for his own entertainment, nothing more. Turns out that he has a specific reason for all of this.
- Freudian Excuse: He lost his wife and grandson in the struggle of the War of the Stars and has been trying to find a way to bring them back to life—or at the most, make replicas of them. He transformed people into dolls as a way to test his magical powers, but the problem was that he didn't have a good concept of the human mind.
- Heel–Face Turn: After reuniting with his grandson, along with Jun's talk with him, he's decided to aid the Cosmic Hunting Dogs and undo the damage he did to the Kamen Riders
- Light is Good/Light is Not Good: His serpentine form is a large white snake. While it's good where he comes from (as white is a color sacred to him), it represents death in Japan. As of Sundays-4.5, he sports a human form that is all white and he is still rotten to the core.
- This even extends to being able to make his own Kamen Rider persona, Kamen Rider Pierrot, which is all white and is shown to be nothing more than sadistic. It might change now that he's working for the side of good.
- Man in White: His human form...which looks just like Shotaro.
- Meaningful Name: Damballa relates to the Vodou Sky God, who's associated with snakes. Also, Vodou is often spelled as Voodoo... Yes, that Voodoo. That can explain the Creepy Doll aspect though.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Not So Different: Despite being an ancient serpent with a Mardi Gras theme, he is also in search of a loved one which is how Jun relates to him—she lost a father and little brother and is still reeling, but she manages to live her life to the fullest despite with it.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Kissing his Serpent-bearer, or any person he resurrects, by the ear, wrapping around them and getting close to their space and sometimes nuzzling or stroking their face. Turns out that he has a reason for this: he needs physical contact to replicate the senses/qualities of things whenever he transforms one thing to another.
- Papa Wolf: Don't hurt his grandson. This includes you, Ankh.
- Pass the Popcorn: Eating popcorn from a "never-ending box" in Sundays-9.5 and even offers it to the audience.
- Quetzie, I Am Your Grandfather
- Reality Warper: He transformed the Narumi Detective Agency into a large circus tent, not to mention transforming Haruto, Eiji and Shotaro into dolls.
- Restored My Faith in Humanity: He wasn't keen on humans, but between Jun talking him down and reuniting him with his grandson, he decides to undo the damage he caused and ally himself against Ophiuchus.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Villainous B.S.O.D.: Gets into one of these when Jun talks about how he doesn't know about suffering like humans did.
- White Hair, Black Heart: In human form at first. May be different since he's joining the side of good.
Rainbow Serpent (Ayida-Weddo)A Serpent from the Aboriginal Myths contracted to Mari Yamamoto as of Intermission-1. She's shown as one of the least antagonistic Serpents so far and is rather neutral with the affairs of Ophiuchus and the heroes.
- Composite Character: Her nickname is based on the Aboriginal Serpent, and when Mari uses her power she says "Iris", the Greek Goddess of Rainbows. The Rainbow Serpent's true name is based on a Voudo Rainbow Goddess who is married to Damballa and shares his veve.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows
- Humans Are Interesting: She decides to aid the Cosmic Hunting Dogs because of this and of Mari's determination to save Shotaro.
- Meaningful Name: Her real name is Ayida-Weddo, who is associated with serpents and Rainbows in Voudou and is Damballa's wife, where here she is Damballa's apprentice.
- The Medic: What her power boils down to. It doesn't work on Serpent-bearers, though.
- She states that she can't counteract Damballa's powers because he was the one who taught them to her. However it's shown that while she can't remove the brainwashing spell, she can at least heal wounds.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: She's usually called Rainbow Serpent and after she reveals her name, Mari is the only one who says it.
- Red Is Heroic: Her body is mostly red, and she is shown working for the good guys.
RenenutetA Serpent from Ancient Egypt contracted to Mei Shirakawa as of Wheel-6. Her motivations are unclear at this moment, but she might know more about the whole incident then what's being told. It is revealed in Tears to Shed that she is Ophiuchus's big sister. There are hints in Wheel of Fortune that she's looking for her beloved, Marcupo and that Virgo was the one who separated them.
- Ambiguously Evil: She supports some of Mei's ideals, but she isn't one to note that most of Mei's problems are her own fault, not to mention that she knows that her younger brother has come back.
- Fortune Teller: Her guise in Wheel-8. Curiously, her alias is "Madame Pollux", the fortuneteller Ryusei met up with in Who Decides?
- Meaningful Name: Her name is from the Ancient Egyptian Goddess of nourishment and harvest. Interesting, one way of spelling her names in hieroglyphs is "fortune".
- Ret Gone: What her power boils down to. She devours Ros and Guil and no one will ever know that they existed.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Tastes Like Friendship: Somewhat. In Tears-8 Ophiuchus states that if you give her an offering—like a donut—you'll be under her good graces.
- Troll: Loves making scathing remarks about Mei's obliviousness to the situation at hand.
Masquerade Costume: The Little PrinceA Serpent from the time of the Aztecs contracted to Ankh. He seeks to find best friends to "play with" and lots of blood to drink from. He is also Damballa's missing grandson.
- And I Must Scream: According to him, he was trapped underneath the remains of a stone temple for around 500 years and didn't escape until the city he was trapped underneath was uncovered.
- Blood Lust: Comes with having to see people sacrificed to him for years on end. It's a lie—he just needs blood to help Ankh out.
- Blood Magic: Says he can heal wounds by using the blood of his Serpent-bearer.
- Chekhov M.I.A.: Damballa stated that his grandson was lost in the struggle of the War of the Stars early on.
- Creepy Child/Enfant Terrible: And his child form looks similar to Ankh. Then it turns out he's just a scared little boy who lost his original and adoptive family to evil beings.
- Cry Cute: During the Tastes Like Friendship moment.
- Cute Little Fangs/Fangs Are Evil: Leaning more on the former. He's just really sad and lonely.
- Expy: Acts similar to Lost Ankh in a way. Fitting as his current Serpent-bearer is Ankh.
- Happily Adopted: The Aztec gods took him in and raised him as if he was their own son. In the present, Jun has decided to take him in as her little brother.
- In-Series Nickname: Calls himself 'Quetzie' due to his name being long.
- Meaningful Name: Named after the feathered serpent in Aztec Mythology, and his bearer is essentially the representative of feathered-beings.
- Psychopathic Manchild: At first.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Survivor Guilt: His (adoptive) family died off while he's the only one still living.
- Tastes Like Friendship: How Jun befriends him—giving him lollipops.
- Winged Humanoid: In his human form, of course.
JormungandrA serpent from Norse Mythology, who is actually the prince of the Serpents. He is currently under a 'contract', with JK.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Gives a powerful one to JK.
- Creepy Child: First appeared to JK as a young boy version of Kengo.
- Insistent Terminology: It's not a contract, it's a blessing.
- Meaningful Name: He's named after a serpent from Norse Mythology. As a bonus, Jormungandr is depicted as biting his own tail which is also similar to his father, King Ouroboros, much like how JK has his estranged relation with his father.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Actively fights and defends himself against Ecydsis and Kengo, saving Amazon in the process.
- Time Stands Still
- Wild Card: He shows up and saves Amazon from Ecydsis and Apep. Then he destroys one of the last two pillars sealing the Cosmic Energy away, stating that it was better that the pillars were destroyed now rather than later when it absorbed more energy.
Masquerade Costume: HerselfA Serpent from Egyptian Mythology, who waited five thousand years to hand off the items that would give Ankh the power to become Kamen Rider Helios. She is good friends with Kogami for their views of desire. Is married to Damballa, and thus is Quetzie's grandmother.
- Determinator: Waited five thousand years to see Ankh and fulfill a promise to give him the Helios Driver.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself: She's not described with a fancy costume, but rather is in his human form and just placed a tiara on her head.
- Happily Married: To Damballa.
- Mama Bear: Hurting Quetzie is one sure way to get her mad. When she learned how Ankh slapped him, she was already preparing to mummify Ankh alive.
- Meaningful Name: Named after a goddess from Egyptian Mythology who would become the protector of Egypt. She guards the Kougami Foundation in a similar role.
OuroborosThe King of All Serpents, and Jormungandr's father, who was apparently destroyed by the Zodiarts a long, long time ago. Ophiuchus's primary goal is to resurrect him.
The Vessels are people who have been 'chosen' by Gentaro and given a name and powers based on said serpents.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: How many of them have been chosen.
- Meaningful Rename: The vessels gain special names based on different serpents, barring Ecydsis and Neroda.
Apep (Kengo Utahoshi)Kengo, formerly a member of the Kamen Rider Club, was the first person inducted by Gentaro into becoming the first Vessel. His spell was momentarily broken by Ohsugi, but reinforced by Ecydsis. According to Ecydsis, Apep is his son and once ruled Ancient Egypt with an iron fist, until he was defeated by Ra, the Sun God.
- Berserk Button: Hurting his father, Ecydsis or any reference to his other father Rokuro Utahoshi.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Power Gives You Wings: Temporarily, although there's no explanation where they came from.
- Playing with Fire
- Technicolor Fire: They're purple.
- Meaningful Name: As mentioned in the description: Apep was defeated by the sun god Ra. Kengo also shared that trait with Apep in the TV show, being killed by someone who (in someone's eyes) represented the sun.
- Mind-Control Device: Wore a golden snake necklace until Ohsugi incinerates it.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Usually wears a linen skirt.
- Weapon of Choice: A kopesh sword.
- Winged Humanoid: Kengo's "inner self" in Tears-5.
- White Hair, Black Heart: The "inner self" he meets in Tears-5 who looks sweet, but brainwashes Kengo into becoming Apep.
Serpent of Obsidian Knives (Jiro Inseki)Jiro was the friend of Ryusei whose coma was the beginning of Ryusei's path to become Meteor, dying a few days after the events of Ryusei killing Gentaro and Gentaro's resurrection. Resurrected by Gentaro, he was brainwashed to believe that Ryusei hated his guts.
- Berserk Button: Ryusei Sakuta, that is all.
- Giggling Villain
- Knife Nut: Wields black daggers.
- Meaningful Name: Serpent of Obsidian Knives is a minor giant and symbol of sacrifice in Aztec Mythology. Jiro's coma was the catalyst of Ryusei becoming Meteor and Gentaro said that he'd be the sacrifice to resurrect Jiro.
- Psycho Lesbian: Acts like this toward Kengo, because Gentaro brainwashed him to act like this to ease his own boredom.
- Small Role, Big Impact: His coma was what caused Ryusei to become Kamen Rider Meteor in the first place and why Ryusei killed Gentaro.
- Walking Spoiler: Knowing his true identity helps you understand what Ryusei was trying to prevent.
Ecydsis (Kouhei Hayami)Kouhei Hayami was once the Libra Zodiarts, but Gentaro changed that. His mind and body have now been taken over and his identity has been altered to reflect that change. His powers haven't been revealed, so he mostly fights as the Libra Zodiarts for the time being, until Gentaro destroyed the Horoscope Switch for it.
- Body Horror: He rips the skin off of his arm to reveal that his hand can transform into a huge sickle all with a calm smile on his face.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: States to Kengo/Apep that they are father and son.
- Papa Wolf: That said, he doesn't like it when you hurt him. He really doesn't.
- Mind Rape: Places one on Kengo to break him down and make him become Apep once more.
- Odd Name Out: His name is actually a scientific term for animals shedding skin. It still relates to snakes due to the fact that snakes shed their skin.
- Your Soul Is Mine: It's revealed that Ecydsis took over by consuming all of the Cosmic Energy Hayami had with him, which was pretty easy considering Hayami was a Horoscopes general in the first place.
Nerodia (Yuri Kuramochi)Once a Lunar Witch to Ritsuko, Yuri was brainwashed to become Nerodia and enacts revenge on Miu, who supposedly left her while she suffered at the hands of the swim team. She was freed by the combined attempts of Miu, Tomoko, Yuki and Erin.
- Deadpan Snarker: Toward Jiro and Kengo
- Making a Splash: Once more.
- Odd Name Out: The name is part of the scientific term for a water snake as opposed to a mythological snake.
- Would Hurt a Child: Was shown laughing as she burned Hana's back with boiling hot groundwater.
Leviathan (Philip)One half of Kamen Rider Double, Philip was blindsided by a serpent attack while finding a book regarding the War of the Stars. He was brainwashed to become Leviathan and killed Shotaro in cold blood.
- Art Attacker: Uses white board markers each with different abilities. All of them are a Shout-Out to Ōkami. These include:
- Hair Decorations: Wears a snake barrette in his hair.
- Man in White/Whole Costume Reference: His outfit is presumably a Shout-Out to Dartz, who also had a connection with Leviathan.
- Meaningful Name: Leviathan relates to the sea-monster of the same name.
- The Pen Is Mightier: His Weapon of Choice.
- Squishy Wizard: If he's without his pens, he's pretty much defenseless.
- That Man Is Dead: "In a former life, I was Raito Sonozaki. In another, I was simply known as Philip. Now, I have been christened as Leviathan, and I shall be the one to dictate your death."
Kukulkan (Misa Torizaki)The former priestess of the Cygnus Zodiarts, her life went downhill for that one action. She gets bullied around by Kengo, Jiro and Gentaro before being killed by her own hand then resurrected. JK's intel suggests that Misa had a pretty crappy life even before that incident with Cygnus.
- Butt Monkey
- Cerebus Retcon: Wanna know why Misa even made the Ugly Ducklings cult in the first place? See below.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Misa's reaction to finding out that Wing Den-O was Norio was to reject his offer. The author's profile states that it's because she hates Norio for not being able to give her the freedom she wants.
- Driven to Suicide: Implied by what Jiro went said, although it could be suggested that she was brainwashed/physically manipulated to do so.
- Flechette Storm: Uses feathers as throwing daggers, similar to Cygnus Zodiarts.
- Freudian Excuse: She was part of a rental company owned by Yamada's older sister, running away from her mother and abusive step-dad. On the night that Cygnus saved her, she was going to be raped by some guys. Seeing Cygnus gave Misa hope and she made the cult to express the feelings of goodness and to spread that type of goodwill toward others, and also severed ties with the rental agency. Unfortunately, the agency got wind and they put her through some demeaning jobs as punishment. This left Misa so bitter that by the time she was given Norio's switch, she took it just to gain some control in her life.
- Meaningful Name: It's the name of a feathered serpent in Mayan mythology. While Misa wasn't Cygnus, she did lead the cult that worship Cygnus into invoking its Last One phase.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe. Most of the school talk behind her back as to what she did regarding turning Norio into a Zodiarts and the cult in general. Gentaro notes that for the rest of her life in Amanogawa High, she's going to be called the "Swan Bitch" because of it.
- Revenge Fic: Her part in the story pretty much states how much the author hates her.
Narcisse (Yukina Takamura)A girl who is obsessed with being Gentaro's girlfriend to the point that she hates any other girl who was dating with him who ultimately dies by Gentaro's hand after ignoring everyone's advice on how evil he was.
- An Ice Person: After being resurrected.
- Adaptational Villainy: She only wanted Gentaro to relax in his field trip, despite her really bitchy attitude. Here, she's down right crazy.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Subverted; she never realized that Gentaro had become complete evil and yet still chased after him. She dies due to not comprehending Gentaro's evilness.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Due to Gentaro's Circinus blades.
- Jerkass: After Yuki stands up for herself, the first thing she does is slap the otaku across the face and then screaming about Yuki being a space-case.
- Love Makes You Dumb: She doesn't understand that Gentaro is downright evil. This stupidity caused her to lose her life.
- Loving a Shadow: She wants to be Gentaro's girlfriend, but doesn't respect his wishes to be friends with everyone. Word of God states that she fell in love with Gentaro when they were younger, when he saved her from bullies. She remembers it, he doesn't.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Realizes too late that everyone was right and that Gentaro was evil before Gentaro kills her.
- Odd Name Out: Named after the Narcisse Snake Pits, known for the winter dens of snakes.
- Stalker with a Crush: An interesting variant; she kept chasing after Yuki due to her being friends with Gentaro.
- Yandere: Upon hearing of Gentaro's date with Nadeshiko, she rips up her field program and threatens to kill her when they meet.
The main antagonists of the original Kamen Rider Fourze which have been sidelined as the threat of Ophiuchus has risen. While many of the original switchers are here, many of their personalities have changed for the worse.
Tropes associated with Yamada Tatsumori
Tropes associated with Toshiya Miura
Aries Zodiarts (I: Yamada Tatsumori/II: Toshiya Miura)The Zodiarts of the Ram and the harbinger of all that has happened thanks to the Deal with the Devil invoked with Ryusei. Yamada was sent into a coma after a resurrected Gentaro destroyed him and his Zodiarts Switch.Chapters later, Miura was brainwashed to become the second Aries, thus beginning the birth of the Cosmic Hunting Dogs and beginning the plot of A Month Of Sundays.
Tropes associated with Yamada Tatsumori
- Accomplice by Inaction: Yes, Ryusei was the one who screws everything by killing Gentaro, but he wouldn't have done so if Yamada didn't make the deal in the first place.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Begs for his life when he realizes that Gentaro's death screwed him over.
- Freudian Excuse: Yamada's sister ran away and became head of a rental service and Yamada was still reeling from it. Mei doesn't buy it for a second.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Yamada gets devoured by Ophiuchus and is sent into a coma in the first chapter.
- Small Role, Big Impact: See above for Yamada. He did lots for someone now stuck in a coma.
- Stalker with a Crush: Wheel of Fortune suggests that Yamada had a huge crush on Mei Shirakawa which is why he gave her the "Lonely Girl by the Window" role and her 'friends' Ros and Guil
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: So Yamada, how did that Deal with the Devil thing with Ryusei go again?
Tropes associated with Toshiya Miura
Masquerade Costume: Beast
- Battle Couple: Miura with Mari, once Miura is free from mind control.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Until Mari uses The Power of Love to free him.
- I Can't Dance: Mari jokes about how Miura is good at playing football yet doesn't know how to waltz during Sundays-14.5
Gemini Zodiarts (Yuki Jojima/Dark Yuki aka "Fumika")The Zodiarts of the Twins, Yuki chooses to become a Zodiarts so she doesn't give Misa and Yukina the satisfaction of seeing her in pain. Instead of both sides of Yuki fighting for control, the two are able to work together against their common enemy.
- Adaptational Heroism: Dark Yuki wanted nothing more than to let the original Yuki suffer. Here, she's willing to fight alongside the true Yuki.
- Genki Girl
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Both sides of Gemini, emphasized by the cards they use. Yuki is the blue while Fumika is the red.
- White Half-Mask of Doom: Both Yukis wear it. Original Yuki wears it on the right, Dark Yuki on her left.
Cancer Zodiarts (Natsuji Kijima)The Zodiarts of the Crab, Kijima returns and is still as ruthless as ever. No longer using a switch, his left arm is now a large crab claw which he can use to extract souls. His body is also hard to hit and can withstand multiple blows without worry (unless you go for the head).
- Berserk Button: He is the only one allowed to make puns. No one else.
- The Bus Came Back: Last mentioned being stuck in the M-BUS satellite, but returned thanks to Ohsugi teleporting him and Sonada out of the satellite.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Punches, kicks and physical attacks to his body doesn't phase him. Hitting him on the head or the face is the preferred method.
- Pungeon Master: As usual, sometimes with Don't Explain the Joke thrown in.
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Sonada.
Leo Zodiarts (Ko Tatsugami)The Zodiarts of the Lion, Tatsugami is still as ruthless as ever. Serving Gamou's side, he dishes out pain to anyone who stands in his way, and he does not care whether they are a male or female.
- Animorphism: Transforms into a lion due to anger and Haruka stabbing him in the stomach in Horseshoes chapter 27.
- The Bully: To Hayami, who he always calls pathetic and weak.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivers one to Amazon and Riderman in Horseshoes chapter 6 and gets on the receiving end in both chapters 13-2 and 23.
- The Red Baron: Teruhiko mentions about Tatsugami being called the "Red Lion" during the latter's brawling days.
- Slasher Smile
- Smoke Out: Uses this after getting his ass handed to him by Sword Den-O, Amazon and Riderman in XIII-2 Of Sins and Shadows.
- Would Hit a Girl: His fight with Haruka Utsugi shows that he doesn't care two shits on the gender of his attacker. There's also the scene where he nearly attacked Mari.
Virgo Zodiarts (Kunieru Emoto/Tachibana)The Zodiarts of the Maiden, the mysterious benefactor behind Kamen Rider Meteor and the man who lead to Rokuro Utahoshi's death, it's unknown what Emoto's true motives are at this point in time.
- Adaptational Villainy: Brainwashed Ryusei and gave him Cosmic Energy injections, told him to sever the Kamen Rider Club (Ryusei took it as killing them), reconstructed Ryusei into a cyborg and brainwashed him again, and did experiments on Sonada and Kijima that lets them harness their original Zodiarts powers without switches. Not to mention that he forced Miura to become the second Aries Zodiarts. Plus he nearly got Ryusei to kill JK had Nadeshiko not show up just in time. He's clearly not the Big Good of the story anymore.
- Ambiguously Evil: Clearly up to something but it's not known just what it is.
- Mad Scientist: Started doing Cosmic Energy Injections to Sonada, Kijima,Ryusei, Erin and Yuki with all but Ryusei retaining their Zodiarts powers from it. Gamou then takes this idea, setting the plot for Month of Sundays.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Word of God states that Virgo gave Jiro his Zodiarts Switch, which malfunctioned because Jiro had uncertainty between being strong and breaking is friendship at the time, thus being the reason that Ryusei became Meteor. Of course if that was planned from the start....
- Villainous Rescue: Saves Miu in Chapter 27 of Horseshoes after Gentaro flings her into the sky.
- Walking Spoiler
Libra Zodiarts I (Kouhei Hayami)The Zodiarts of the Scales and Principal of Amanogawa High, Hayami was the first target by Gentaro for his nefarious deeds. Gentaro succeeded and Hayami has been taken over by a serpent going by the name of Ecydsis. And his role as Libra Zodiarts was replaced by Ryusei Sakuta.
- Berserk Button: Hayami hates it when he's referred to as a Master of None or if anyone makes remarks about him being weak. Of course, that was actually the point. Gentaro riled him enough to inject venom into his system and then erode his sanity.
- That Man Is Dead: Hayami is no longer called by his true name, and the story calls him Ecydsis.
Scorpio Zodiarts (Sarina Sonada)The Zodiarts of the Scorpion and the first Horoscope Zodiarts to debut in the original show. Sonada has a huge grudge against Mari for what happened when she tried to make Miura a Zodiartsnote . She's gone bitter from the Cosmic Energy Injections and is ready to lash out at anyone.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: After Ohsugi gets rid of her hair (see below), she begs for mercy. Ohsugi punches her lights out.
- The Bus Came Back: Like Kijima, she was also trapped in the M-BUS satellite before Ohsugi bailed her out. She won't express her thanks though.
- Crippling Overspecialization: She uses her stinger-like ponytail against Ohsugi for the majority of the battle, but when Ohsugi sliced it off, she was powerless. Given that she also hadn't eaten for months due to being in stasis, this is justified.
- Freudian Excuse: States that she was bullied when she was school. Doesn't make her any sympathetic though.
- Not So Different: Tries using this card with Satonaka as they both are loyal to their bosses. Satonaka proceeds to slam her head into the Den-Liner's window. Repeatedly.
- Prehensile Hair: Her ponytail becomes a scorpion stinger.
- Poisonous Person: The stinger can poison a person if it strikes them.
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Kijima.
- Would Hurt a Child: She doesn't give two shits that she's hurting students she's supposed to protect.
Sagittarius Zodiarts (Mitsuaki Gamou)The Zodiarts of the Archer and Big Bad of the original series, Gamou has recently learned of Ophiuchus and has decided to take matters into his own hands to ensure that he gains the Zodiarts Switchs needed for the Day of Awakening.
- Unstoppable Rage: Has gotten very pissed over the fact that Gentaro has decided to destroy Zodiarts Switches necessary for his goal.
- Would Hit a Girl: Kicks Nadeshiko's ass and easily defeats Rumi and pins her to the ground.
- Would Hurt a Child: He kickstarts the plot of Month of Sundays by kidnapping former Switchers and giving them Cosmic Energy injections.
Aquarius Zodiarts (Erin Suda)The Zodiarts of the Water Bearer, Erin accidentally became Aquarius by Hayami who was being manipulated by Gentaro as shown in Tears-7. Unlike her original counterpart, Erin shows no loyalty to Gamou and sides with the Kamen Rider Club to end the madness.Prior to the story, Erin was actually a student in Reefside High. Summertime Sadness shows that she had a crush for one Dr. Tommy Oliver but couldn't bring herself to reveal her feelings for him.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: After stating how she'd miss Dr. Oliver, she decides not to tell her true feelings.
- Adaptational Heroism: She was a Type IV Antivillain in the show, but she's now a full blown hero in this one.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts like one for Yuki, comforting her whenever the poor otaku is at her brink.
- Elemental Hair: In Ch 27 of Horseshoes, Virgo Zodiarts' Cosmic Energy injections lets her hair become like water.
- Foreign Exchange Student: From America. Summertime Sadness reveals she's staying with Norio Eguchi.
- Making a Splash: She's the Zodiarts of the Water-bearer, remember?
- The Medic: The water from the jugs on her shoulders heals wounds.
- Mythology Gag: When alarmed by Principal Hayami, she repeats the "Warm me next time" line she gave to Gentaro.
- The Sixth Ranger: She's more associated to the Kamen Rider Club than to the Zodiarts this time around. Humorously, she went to the school and was taught by the teacher who is known as THE most well-known sixth ranger in history.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Had a crush on Dr. Oliver as shown in Summertime Sadness. Dr. Oliver, on the other hand, is more amazed at Erin being one of his best students.
Shunpei NaraThe boy who believed in magic from Kamen Rider Wizard, Word of God states that he will be debuting in A Blue-Eyed Boy and that he has a talent for magic.He gets his own story in Dog Days which goes into detail as how he became a magic user and obtaining the Cerberus Phantom.
- Adaptational Badass: From what the author says, Shunpei will have magic powers from the get go.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appeared in Wheel of Fortune getting a tarot card reading from Mei.
- Friend to All Children: He's first shown in Dog Days reading to some children.
- Missing Mom: His mother died seven years prior to the story, and it was she who wrote the kid's book he loves so much. In Dog Days, that speciic book gets burned down by the Hellhound Phantom.
- Stepford Smiler: Type A. He's shown to move on from his mom's passing, but sometimes mutters spells at night for the lights to shine bright.
KoAnkhA character from a fanfic known as "Dreams are for Nights", who somehow stumbled into this world. He is actually a revived Lost Ankh who was raised by an alternate Eiji and Ankh who are his parents.He is the main focus in "Blue-Eyed Boy" as he finds himself in the Horseshoes world and learning how different, yet so similar, it is to his own home.
- Artificial Human: His body is somehow made out of ground Cell Medals.
- Bizarre Human Biology: When he was bitten, he was bleeding blood and Cell Medals.
- Break the Cutie: Chewed out by Ankh (as Ankh is one of his parents), then finding out that where his room in the Cous Coussier was is now Yumeria's sewing room, then when he tries to check on Ankh and Eiji, he's bit by Eiji (as a wolf) and goes into catatonic shock.
- Has Two Daddies: They're the Eiji and Ankh of his world, which becomes a problem when he meets up with the Horseshoes version of Eiji and Ankh, nearly being attacked by Ankh when he shows off his Greeed arm.
- Not So Different: After Jun talks to him about her younger brother's death, he begins to realize that even though the world is unlike his own, everyone has their own problems.
Cloth DollsIn A Month of Sundays, Damballa forcefully transformed Eiji, Haruto and Shotaro into various dolls. After his Heel–Face Turn, and healing of the three, he used whatever was left of them to make little doll versions. They're very sweet and innocent, always with big smiles on their faces.In A Blue-Eyed Boy, Damballa creates a special Cloth Doll of Ankh to give to KoAnkh as a friend.
- Color-Coded Characters: Each of the dolls have different colored button eyes to help stand out.
- Cloth Ankh: Red
- Cloth Eiji: Green
- Cloth Haruto: Gold
- Cloth Shotaro: Purple
- Child-like Dolls Are Innocent: They're basically their big forms but without the angst and emotional trauma.
- Creepy Doll: Subverted. Those who see them are more amazed at them walking and talking, and they're not supposed to be scary at all.
- Draconic Humanoid: Cloth Haruto has a pair of horns, wings and tail.
- Fun Size: Of the people they were created from.
- Little Bit Beastly: Cloth Eiji has dog ears and a tail, and occasionally whines and barks like a dog.
Keiko JinguJK's younger sister, who is the catalyst for JK and his father's problems. In SplitxEnd, it's revealed that she was killed trying to defend her brother from their caretaker who went mad. Wheel of Fortune expands on this, as the caretaker was really Ros and Guil's mother (who was crazy before she was sent to the Jingu residence), and was sent to an asylum.
- Family Theme Naming: Follows the same pattern with her older brother and father.
- Posthumous Character
- Small Role, Big Impact: Her death was what made JK the boy he was today, and why her dad had to retire from being a rockstar.
- Taking the Bullet: Took multiple knife stabbings for her brother, which caused her death.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth
The White Crow of the VeilA spiritual being mentioned by Goro. He was the very same crow who told Apollo regarding the affair of Coronis, Apollo's wife, with the mortal Ischys. His white feathers became black from Apollo's anger and his failure to serve said god made him become reincarnated within Asclepius's bloodline.
- Ambiguous Gender: The crow has an androgynous appearance, according to the author.
- The Atoner: He reincarnates several times for failing to obey Apollo.
- Classical Mythology: See the description above.
- Clever Crows/Creepy Crows: Depends on who's the current chosen one at the time. Most descendants who become the White Crow are benevolent. Gentaro Kisaragi, the current bearer, is not.
- I See Dead People: Grants this power to all reincarnations as part of his mission to send the souls to the afterlife.
- Light is Good/Dark is Not Evil: No matter the color of his feathers, the crow is a benevolent being. Its current reincarnation, Gentaro Kisaragi, sides with Light is Not Good. Doubly so since white is the Japanese color of death.
- Psychopomp: To repent for his crimes, he helps guide lost souls into the afterlife.
- Reincarnation: Reincarnates into a vessel every few years ago. The author states that its vessel can be either male or female.
- Small Role, Big Impact: His decision to reincarnate through Asclepius's bloodline is an important factor in Gentaro's past.
- Winged Humanoid: Appeared in this sort of form to Gentaro, if Gentaro's journal seems to indicate.