- Base Breaker:
- The twins. Hibiki for her abrasiveness and Kanade for being an incestuous Yandere.
- By Chapter 4, Iroha and Sora became this. Iroha for being a Dirty Coward and Sora for her actions during the trials and against Shinji.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Yoruko Kabuya has been very well-liked since the first two chapters, both due to her close relationship with Sora (which has become Shipping Fuel for a substantial portion of the fanbase) and for being one of the most rational members of the cast even by the end of Chapter 4.
- Iroha Nijiue for her sweet personality. Though the reveal that she is a Dirty Coward in Chapter 4 did negatively affect her standing with the fandom.
- Genius Bonus: During Chapter 4's Argument Armament segment, Nikei takes the appearance of the Greek god Hermes. While this may seem strange at first, it makes sense given that Hermes was a messenger god who delivered messages to the gods and also played tricks among them. This ties in with Nikei's talent as a reporter whose job it is to find important news and share his message with the world. The trickster part also applies to him trying to deceive and betray his superior Mikado.
- Jerkass Woobie: Hibiki Otonokoji. She initially appears as an abrasive, foul-tempered girl that is way too harsh on her younger sister, but then she becomes the first to crack under pressure and starts to evoke much more sympathy as a result. Not only that, but the only two who are willing to lend her emotional support are Kanade, her most frequent target, and Setsuka, who becomes her closest friend as a result. Then, in Chapter 3, she's practically brainwashed into killing said friend, which forces her to be executed alongside Kanade, who not only turns out to be the person directly responsible for Hibiki's lack of independence, but also far less of a victim than initially perceived.
- The Woobie: Yuki Maeda. He's nearly killed during the prologue. By the end of Chapter 3, he's completely disillusioned by all the deaths on the island such that he begins to lash out at his friends. Then, in Chapter 4, he's set up for murder, which involves him unintentionally slitting the throat of Shinji, his best friend. During the trial of that same chapter, he not only learns that his other friend, Sora, tried to finish the job, but also that Shinji ended up killing himself so that both of them could live. It's hard not to feel sorry for him after all of this.
YMMV / Super Danganronpa Another 2