Voiced by: Roxyiguess
A girl who cannot remember anything except for the word Sora. Having forgotten her name, talent, and past, she participates in Hopes Peak Academys school trip. Perhaps due to her desire to find her memories, she is a very curious girl with a somewhat blunt way of speaking.
She discovers that Yuki Maeda has mortally injured Shinji Kasai in Chapter 4, and attempts to finish him off, but fails. As of the end of Chapter 4, Sora is alive.
- Amnesiac Hero: She's the only one among the students who forgot her talent and identity.
- Brutal Honesty: She's blunt when interacting with her classmates.
- Idiot Hair: Designates her status as the main character.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The stoic blue to Yoruko's expressive red.
- Sailor Fuku: Wears a black, red, and white one.
- Taking the Bullet: At the end of the prologue, she does this for Yuki when Syobai tries to stab him. Also during Chapter 4, where she slits Shinji's throat to save Yuki yet again, this time from becoming the blackened.
- The Stoic: Is generally not an expressive person, and even when she does show emotion, it's very subdued.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Ultimately subverted in Chapter 4. She attempts to finish off Shinji in order to cover for Yuki, who had slit Shinji's throat in a moment of panic. Needless to say, everyone is shocked.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's grayish white.
Voiced by: Siri
A genius recognized by the scientific community in the United States for her groundbreaking research and papers. Being an expert on human emotions, she was scouted to Hopes Peak as the Ultimate Psychologist. Due to her advanced insight into human vital signs and thought patterns, she can predict the behaviour of others and essentially read their minds. However, this insight causes her to have problems socializing, as her ability to predict what people will say causes her to alienate herself. Despite her expertise in human emotion, her own emotional responses are, ironically, subdued.
She is the second victim of the Killing Game, being locked in a freezer until freezing to death.
- Awesome by Analysis: Comes with her talent. She is able to identify all four remaining Void members by the SECOND CHAPTER.
- Bound and Gagged: In the Climax Reasoning portion, she's shown like this while trapped in the freezer.
- Brainy Brunette: She is The Smart Girl in the group and has brown hair.
- Fatal Flaw: Honor Before Reason. Her lack of discretion puts her on Void's radar, and talking to Emma Magorobi about her past traumas to her face is what gets her killed.
- Emotionless Girl: Downplayed. She still expresses emotions but expresses them stoically.
- Iconic Item: She's never seen without her tablet.
- Ironic Name: Her name is Japanese for 'heart' which is ironic considering how emotionless and subdued her personality is. Subverted in Chapter 2 where she reaches out to Emma, a Void member, in an act of friendship.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses
- The Smart Girl: Her talent is psychology and she becomes a crucial member of the cast as she's able to identify early on who the culprit of the first case was based on subtle behaviors they expressed.
- Smart People Wear Glasses
- Too Powerful to Live: In addition to figuring out who the culprit of the first case was early on, she is also able to identify Emma as a member of Void and she claims to have a pretty good idea of who the other two unknown members are as well. This leads to her death when she confronts Emma and tries to convince her to switch sides, only to end up angering Emma by discovering and bringing up something about Emma's past, which leads to Emma knocking her out and later killing her.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: She wears black shorts which are covered by her sweater.
Voiced by: Somni
The Ultimate Painter whose paintings are so lifelike they cant be distinguished from photographs. Born into an influential family of artists, she carries on the legacy of painting excellence. Despite her talents, she is a typical young woman who just wants to make friends and have fun. While she can be a bit fearful, she maintains an optimistic outlook in most situations.
She is a member of Void. As of Chapter 4, she remains undercover as a Void and is still alive.
- A-Cup Angst: Minor, but she expresses envy at Kanade's chest when carrying her back from the party in Chapter 1.
- Covert Pervert: Is revealed to be this during the Woman's Fantasy event. While Yoruko and Sora are expressing embarrassment or irritation with being trapped in the men's bathhouse, Iroha takes it a little too well.Iroha: Ahh, but I have already seen it all. Shinji, you have met my expectations... Yuki, I had no idea you—Yomiuri: Get outta here! You perverts!
- Dirty Coward: In Chapter 4, she begs Nikei to kill someone so she doesn't have to. Nikei rightfully calls her out for this.
- Iconic Item: She's always shown carrying her sketchbook.
- Nature Lover: Iroha openly expresses how beautiful her surrounding environment is.
- Nice Girl: She's very friendly and always tries to keep peace among the group.
- Nice Hat: She wears a beret with a brown checkered pattern.
- Shrinking Violet: She scares easily when faced with conflict.
- Spoiled Sweet: Implied to be this, since she comes from a family of well-known artists and she's one of the nicer students in the group.
Voiced by: Arakachi
The Ultimate Hostess who was revered as the ace-in-the-hole of one of Japans most famous bars. Despite being underaged, she faked her identity in order to gain employment. Her status as a highschool girl was only revealed, ironically, when an acceptance letter from Hopes Peak arrived at the bar. When her fake identity was discovered, she was given two options: attend Hopes Peak, or face juvenile court. Despite the nature of her enrollment, Yoruko chooses to view her time at the school as a way to improve her future prospects. She takes great pride in her work as a hostess, and hates that people see it as seedy or debaucherous. Overall, she projects the image of a competent, personable young woman with a wide range of practical skills.
As of Chapter 4, Yoruko Kabuya is alive.
- Frame-Up: In the first case, she was drugged by Hajime and left near the bell tower where Yuri was set to be killed. With her being so close to the crime scene along with having an unsound alibi, Yoruko was considered to be his killer for a majority of the trial.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Sora's blue.
- Minor with Fake ID: She needed to use a fake identity in order to gain work in an adult bar.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: A light example. Her outfit is quite risque for a teenager but she is very moralistic about her appearance and career as a hostess.
- Tsundere: She turns into a blushing mess after Sora thanks her. Lampshaded by Sora after seeing her reaction.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has fuchsia-colored hair.
Voiced by: Eli
A guitarist who plays in the band Melody Rhythm, a popular music duo. Kanade performs alongside her twin Hibiki, who leads the pair on vocals. The two of them joined Hopes Peak Academy at the same time.. Shes very weak-willed and has trouble expressing her opinions, resulting in her getting pushed around by her sister. opinions that well and gets harassed by her sister. Despite the emotional abuse she receives from her sister, she is dependent on her, and almost seems to prefer being dominated by her. Still, she possesses a hidden strength, and sometimes surprises others when it emerges.
She is one of the killers of Chapter 3, having manipulated her sister into helping her murder Setsuka Chiebukuro.
- Apologises a Lot: Frequently apologizes for anything she thinks she did wrong. Mainly to avoid her sister's wrath.
- Bait-and-Switch: Her being bullied by Hibiki sets her up as a very sympathetic character. Then Chapter 3 comes along.
- Big YES!: Just before her and Hibiki's execution. (Maybe, we need to check the translations.)
- Expy: Like Korekiyo Shinguji, Kanade is a serial killer who's obsessed with her sister.
- Extreme Doormat: To her sister. Not.
- Gag Boobs: To the point that Hibiki needs to use Setsuka's dismembered hands as breast pads to imitate Kanade during the Chapter 3 case.
- Hidden Depths: While seemingly being the more submissive of the two sisters, Kanade is noted to stay remarkably calm while investigating the murders and trials, and is shown to be intelligent enough to help Sora figure out some of the clues. This could also be considered Foreshadowing in regards to what we learn about her in Chapter 3.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Her hair is more compressed and she wears two pink eight note hairclips in her ponytails.
- Idol Singer: She and Hibiki made a career as an idol duo.
- Immodest Orgasm: During the execution, after Hibiki gets herself decapitated, Kanede's state before her own death all but suggests this.
- Kick the Dog: Quite literally. One of the victims of her obsessive desire for Hibiki was their pet dog.
- Nightmare Face: Pulls off some in Chapter 3 that would put even Kokichi to shame.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Kanade is the more submissive, friendly, and gentle-hearted one of the two sisters. Not.
- Yandere: To her sister. Oh boy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has lavender hair with rose red highlights.
Voiced by: Atsuyo
Beginning her rise to fame in the beloved series Harry Peter, she recently starred in a blockbuster film as Holly Queen. Throughout her career, she has earned numerous international awards for her acting. After filming her most recent movie, she decided to take a leave of absence and focus on her studies by attending Hopes Peak Academy. Longing to experience life as a regular girl, she hopes that she will not be treated as a celebrity by her fellow students. Beautiful and kind, though somewhat airheaded, she is a calming and positive presence for her classmates.
She is the second killer, murdering Kokoro Mitsume after she had discovered that Emma was a member of Void.
- And I Must Scream: She shows up in the Void Theater segments as a pile of flesh. Although she can still talk with Hajime and move about as she pleases.
- British Accents: She's given one in the English Dub.
- But Not Too Foreign: She has an English first name but she's Japanese. The dub also gives her a British accent.
- Dark and Troubled Past: During her conversation with Kokoro, she's revealed to have had an abusive father who used to beat her if she wasn't successful as an actress. It's also implied that she, along with the other members of Void, have had a life filled with suffering and despair before they joined.
- Dead Person Impersonation: More along the lines of dying person, but Emma disguised herself as Kokoro to mislead everyone while the real psychologist froze to death without their knowing.
- Expy: As a blonde and influential young girl who yearns for a normal teen life and is quite beautiful, kind hearted and has an English first name, Emma bears a lot of similarities to Sonia Nevermind.
- False Friend: In Chapter 2, it's revealed that she's part of Void and had taken the role of a pure and friendly girl while interacting with the others to avoid suspicion.
- Gory Discretion Shot / Nothing Is Scarier: The climax of her execution involves several characters from various horror movies (all with Monocrow heads, mind you) exiting from elevators and advancing upon her, all while she screams in an increasingly terrified state. The next shot after the screen goes black? The entire room drenched in blood.
- Green Eyes: Or aquamarine to be specific.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has bright blond hair and is very kind hearted.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: She took a break from acting to she could live like a normal teenager.
- Meaningful Name: Her first name is a reference to Emma Watson who is a main actress in the Harry Potter series, which "Harry Peter" is a spoof of.
- Pungeon Master: During her time in the Void Theater Segments, Emma has taking up telling pun related jokes to pass the time, much to Hajime's frustration.
- ShoutOut: As an actress with roles based on various media references, this was inevitable.
- For starters, her name role in the series "Harry Peter" which is listed up above.
- In her official art cover, she's seen dressed up as a the 10th Doctor.
- For her Argument Armament battle, she dons an outfit that's a fusion between a Hogwarts student and Harley Quinn.
- Her execution is chalk full of these as well. For starters, there is a logo for Void Productions which bears a great resemblance to the Warner Brothers' logo during the Harry Potter movies; she also ends up flying in a broom during the first half of the execution. Monocrow appears dressed as Heath Ledger's Joker and even quotes his iconic one-liner. At the climax, Emma finds herself in a waiting room with elevators filled with a variety of horror movie characters that pop out and tear her to shreds.
- Trauma Button: The mere mention of her father is enough to make her lose control and react in fear.
Voiced by: Bblackroses
The vocalist of Melody Rhythm, a popular music duo. Hibiki always performs alongside her guitarist twin sister, and the two of them enrolled at Hopes Peak at the same time. She cares about her sister, Kanade, but often treats her harshly due to her older sister complex. Furthermore, she may also harbor some feelings of jealousy and inferiority towards her twin. Hibiki always claims that the way she treats her sister is a joke, but does Kanade feel the same way ?
She is one of the killers of Chapter 3, manipulated by her sister into helping her murder Setsuka Chiebukuro.
- Big NO!: Just before her and Kanade's execution.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Her hair is slightly curlier and she wears two pink individual eighth notes in her pigtails.
- Idol Singer: she and Kanade made a career as an idol duo.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Despite her abrasive attitude, she breaks easily under stressful situations and needs to rely on her sister for support.
- Off with Her Head!: During her and Kanade's execution, she manages to grab the key that she believes will allow her to unlock the shackle around her neck and escape, but it instead triggers a mechanism inside the shackle that decapitates her, killing her instantly.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Hibiki is the more brash, outspoken and feisty of the two sisters.
- ShoutOut: In her English intro video, she's humming the song "Thrilling One Way" from Love Live!.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has lavender hair with rose red highlights.
Ultimate Billiard Player
Voiced by: Naupiko
The Ultimate Billiard Player who suddenly took the world by storm when she won the International Amateur Championship in a series of perfect games.She has a laidback and optimistic personality, and she often treats others like children due to her mature appearance.The only time she opens her right eye is when she is playing billiards, and it is never seen otherwise. She calls this her devils eye, and claims that an enormous power is hidden within it
She is the third victim of the Killing Game, stabbed to death by Hibiki and Kanade Otonokoji, and later dismembered.
- All Women Are Lustful: In the bonus scene, A Woman's Fantasy, she tricks Sora, Yoruko and Iroha into coming with her to the bathhouse, where she locks them inside along with a majority of the male students who were initially bathing together.
- Cool Big Sis: Tries to come off as this to the other students. She even comforts Hibiki in Chapter 3.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Her right eye has a crosshair.
- Eyes Always Shut: Only her right eye is shut; she claims it's her 'devil's eye'. We only see it open in one of her Free Time events, and after she's been killed in Chapter 3.
- Hair Decorations: She has a hairpin of a yellow 9 ball.
- Lady in a Power Suit: She wears a fancy red vest and pants combo which contributes to her 'mature' image.
- The Nicknamer: Has a habit of giving nicknames to her classmates as a sign of endearment.
- Off with Her Head!: She gets beheaded as part of the Otonokoji sisters' murder plan.
- Statuesque Stunner: Apart from Emma, she's the tallest girl among the cast and is quite a beauty to boot.
- Troll: As described above, she intentionally locks three of the girls in the bathhouse while the guys are using it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's actually baby blue.
Ultimate Lucky Student
Voiced by: Soluri
An ordinary boy who was selected by a lottery to be this years Ultimate Luck Student.. He lacks confidence due to how he was selected to attend Hopes Peak Academy, but he does his best to befriend his fellow classmates. He sees himself as very average, but his likable nature allows him to connect with others more easily than his classmates.
Is tricked by Nikei Yomiuri into nearly stabbing Shinji Kasai to death, but is spared because Shinji committed suicide. As of Chapter 4, Yuki is still alive.
- Born Lucky: No surprise for being the Ultimate Lucky Student.
- Break the Cutie: By Chapter 3, it's becoming apparent that the events of the killing game so far is starting to take a toll on him, as he begins to lash out at those around him. It only gets worse in Chapter 4 with the death of Shinji and the circumstances around it.
- Call-Back: By the Chapter 4 class trial, Yuki adopts the look of pure indifference and hostility that the previous Big Bad appeared with during the final class trial.
- Fan Boy: He's a huge fan of Emma and is implied to have a crush on her.
- The Generic Guy: He's fairly normal in terms of appearance and personality compared to his fellow classmates.
- Identical Stranger: He has a similar appearance to the previous Big Bad, Utsuro.
- Idiot Hair: While not the protagonist, he does have one. One of the options during his first Free Time Event has Sora asking to touch it and then comparing it to her own.
- The Lancer: He's Sora's closest friend.
- Nice Guy: He's a sweet and friendly young man. Up until the end of Chapter 3.
- Took A Level In Cynicism: See Break the Cutie above.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: See Break the Cutie above.
Voiced by: Chromex20
The Ultimate Boxer who never backs down, even to adult, professional boxers. Hajime has already won numerous titles despite his youth, and plans to take his sport to an even grander stage after graduation. He is obsessed with the health of himself and others, and resents those who do not take their health seriously.
He is the first killer who went after Yuri as his victim. He is also revealed to be a member of Void.
- And I Must Scream: During the Void Theater segments, he mentions how boring his new existence is as an inanimate plush doll.
- Cool Shades: Is always shown wearing these.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: For his execution, Hajime's body is trapped inside a pink arcade machine with only his head sticking out. Then Monocrow appears in a muscular boxer body and proceeds to punch his face; the blows continue on with each one stronger then the last. Once Hajime is killed from the multiple blows, his body is shredded from inside the machine that eventually shoots out a tiny plush toy that looks similar to the deceased boxer.
- Genius Bruiser: He's quite intelligent considering his elaborate murder plan and how he was able to frame Yoruko with many of the students believing it for a majority of the trial.
- Graceful Loser: After being found out as the first killer, he eventually just accepts it and confesses once he realizes that he can't think of any more rebuttals. That is, until Oh, Crap! as seen below.
- Granola Girl: A gender-flipped example. He openly cares about his personal health and always exercises to stay in tip-top shape. This becomes one of the clues that lead the others to deduce him as the culprit of the first trial.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction when he realizes that Mikado really does intend to execute him, when he had previously been under the impression that he wouldn't be.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: At first, he's a calm and friendly fellow who gets along well with his fellow classmates. After he's been proven as Yuri's killer, along with getting an okay from Mikado, he shows a darker, sadistic, and more twisted side that shakes everyone to their core and makes them realize how dangerous their situation is.
- Additionally, this plays a key point in Yuri's trial, where the fact that Hajime was supposedly drinking clues the other students that he isn't telling the truth.
- I Should Have Been Better: His dialogue in the Void Theater segments show that he regrets his actions as a Void member and hopes that his colleagues don't follow in his footsteps.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He loosely wears his jacket over his bare chest.
Voiced by: ProjectAlpha
The Ultimate Trafficker who mediates all kinds of underworld dealings. Hes a prominent figure in the criminal underbelly of society, but few are even aware of his existence as an individual. He values his confidentiality above all else, and is an expert at avoiding and exploiting loopholes in the law. Despite his occupation, he does have his own form of ethics, and always completes his jobs to perfection Unless hes bribed. In his opinion, your life is the most important thing in the world, followed closely by money. Everything he does is a based on a cost-benefit analysis: from trading to breathing, profit is always the bottom line. Overall, it is his basic nature to never act in a way that doesnt benefit himself.
As of Chapter 4, Syobai is still alive.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: After Sora gets pushed off the Tower of Babylon, Syobai takes over as the protagonist for the entirety of Chapter 4's investigation and the first half of the trial.
- Cigarette of Anxiety: While he won't admit it, he has a tendency to smoke when stressed out.
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: He has this to highlight his sketchy appearance.
- Jerkass: He's a self-serving jerk who rarely cares about others or the situation they're in. When Syobai learned from Monocrow that a student needed to kill another student to leave the island, his first instinct was to try to stab Yuki.
- Knife Nut: Carries a small knife and isn't afraid to use it.
- Loners Are Freaks: He prefers to keep to himself rather then engage with the overall group.
- The Medic: Unintentionally fills this role as he's the only one among the group with sufficient medical knowledge.
- Messy Hair
- Not Afraid to Die: Even after Teruya holds a gun to his face, Syobai doesn't have a trace of fear and even taunts him throughout the ordeal.
- Noble Demon: After accidentally stabbing Sora while trying to attack Yuki, and realizing that doing so to escape wasn't going to be enough to leave the island, Syobai makes it up to her by patching up her wound and revealing his name and talent.
- Shooting Superman: In Chapter 1, he tries to ambush Mikado but ends up outclassed by the wizard's fire magic. He survived with only some burns and bruises thanks to Monocrow showing up and stopping their fight.
- Slimeball: This is his core personality; it also helps that he's involved in the criminal underworld. His tone of voice in the dub even makes him sound like the type.
- Spear Counterpart: Regarding appearance, he bears alot of similarities towards Sora the protagonist as their outfits consist primarily of white with red and black along with having gray colored hair. He even gets to fill in as the POV protagonist for a majority of Chapter 4 in her absence.
- What's in It for Me?: He refuses to cooperate, or even give out something as simple as his name, unless he's given something in return.
Voiced by: Din0kid
The Ultimate Firefighter who became the youngest known member of his field thanks to his immense physical strength and sense of justice. He is a bit older than his current classmates due to a major accident that left him hospitalized, but he was permitted to continue attending Hopes Peak now that he has recovered. He is a passionate man who gives his all no matter what, but his weakness for women often reduces him to a bashful mess.
Is the victim of Chapter 4, having committed suicide to prevent Yuki, Sora or Nikei from becoming the blackened.
- Big Brother Instinct: Fills this role to Yuki and even tells him to call him 'Big Bro'.
- The Big Guy: The largest student among the cast. It also helps that he's slightly older since he never finished high school.
- Cannot Talk to Women: He becomes really bashful whenever he's talking to a girl.
- Dark Skinned Red Head: He's one of the few dark skinned characters in the cast and he has bright red hair.
- Et Tu, Brute?: He's crushed when Hajime is revealed to be Yuri's killer along with being a member of the terrorist group Void.
- Expy: Like Nekomaru Nidai, he's a big guy with No Indoor Voice who wants everyone to get along and work together.
- Face Death with Dignity: Shinji goes through with his fiery death knowing that he'll be able to save his friends from facing execution.
- Gut Feeling: Even after being betrayed by Hajime, the firefighter believes that Hajime, along with the other Void members, was not as evil as he made himself out to be. He bases this on the fact that Hajime could have easily killed him with a single blow at the end of the trial yet his blow was soft enough to leave him unconscious.
- Heroic Sacrifice: After being attacked by Nikei, Yuki, and Sora, he willingly starts a fire that burns down the Tower of Babylon and himself with it, all to prevent anyone from becoming the blackened.
- No Indoor Voice: He shouts practically everything he says.
- Perpetual Smiler: Shinji is always showing some form of a smile, even when he's expressing something that says otherwise.
- Rated M for Manly: He is the designated 'manly' character in the cast.
Voiced by: Ezmar
A young man of Russian and Japanese parentage, he is the only son of the prestigious Kagarin family. Groomed from an early age to inherit the powerhouse of the astrological industry, he practiced his talent as a child by riding an escalator. In a few years he will become an astronaut, though he does not seem to be particularly interested in that. Having been treated like the prince of the Kagarin family for all of his life, he has experienced little of the world and faced very few adversities. He is chivalrous and generous towards women, (though he hates men,) but his devotion to women typically crosses over into the extreme, and as a result he is often seen as a pervert.
He is the first victim of the Killing Game, dragged up the inside of a bell tower rigged with wires, by a meat hook stabbed into his leg, and then dropped back down.
- But Not Too Foreign: He has Russian ancestry but his design is similar to the other guys who are fully Japanese.
- Casanova Wannabe: He tries his hardest to appeal to the girls as a true gentleman. Unfortunately, he tries too hard and he ends up disgusting them.
- Character Filibuster: Yuri's free time events involve him talking with Sora non-stop about his many adventures and various kidnappings. She ends up bored and fed up with his insistence on making himself look great.
- Dies Wide Open: And right before your eyes, no less.
- Does Not Like Men: A rare gender-flipped example.
- Exotic Eye Designs: He has literal stars in his eyes.
- Expy: His pale hair along with his rich background and self righteous attitude among his classmates makes him similar to Nagito Komaeda.
- Groin Attack: On the receiving end from Sora during the bonus bathing scene of Chapter 1. He actually enjoys it.
- Hates the Job, Loves the Limelight: Yuri honestly doesn't care about being an astronaut and only chose the job to please his father. It's downplayed with the latter part since he uses it to help boost his image among the girls.
- Love Martyr: In Chapter 1, he openly declares that he'll allow any of the female students to kill him if they wished to escape. This comes from his desire of being immortalized as the one who saved the girl in allowing them to live on.
Voiced by: Sword of Swords
A young man who dresses like a stage magician and dons a bizarre mask. He came to Hopes Peak as the Ultimate Wizard, but no one has seen him perform magic to verify that claim. He never speaks, regardless of whats going on around him, and, thanks to his mask, its impossible for anyone to get a read on him.
- 0% Approval Rating: It's made apparent very early on that no one wants to be near Mikado. Sora even thinks that Syobai is better than him by comparison.
- Bad Boss: A light example. He lied to Hajime saying that he would be spared execution if he were to murder someone but allows him to be executed anyways. When the other Void members called Mikado out on this, he justifies himself saying that killing without accepting the possibility of death would give no meaning to their agenda.
- Played straight in the end of Chapter 3 where he chews out Iroha for her unwillingness to go through with any murder schemes.
- Big Bad: Apart from the mastermind of the killing game, he's one of the main antagonists the students have to face.
- Blondes Are Evil: He has short, wavy blonde hair underneath his hat.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: As much as Mikado loathes Iroha for her incompetence as a Void member, he still considers her to be the only underling he can count on to fulfill their agenda.
- Evil Sorcerer: He's more than willing to use his dark magic to dispose of anyone who stands in the way of his plans.
- Expressive Mask: His mask is able to portray different emotions as he's speaking.
- Faux Affably Evil: He maintains a polite and friendly demeanor when interacting with the other students. But he always makes it clear that he has an agenda to run which will involve their suffering and potential death as a result.
- Nightmare Face: Pulls off quite a number of these when he has his darker moments.
- Perpetual Expression: His mask can emote, but his face has a perpetual look of boredom.
- Playing with Fire: One of his preferred modes of attack.
- Supreme Chef: He's quite talented when it comes to cooking and even provides meals for the other students.
Voiced by: SeannyBravo
Believing that the best way to communicate with the world is through pen and paper, he gained the title of Ultimate Journalist for his uncanny ability to gather information. He lives by the motto that the pen is mightier than the sword, and he values his more than anything. He tends to be oblivious to his surroundings when on the hunt for a scoop, but, despite his eccentricities, hes a typical high school student who loves to talk.
He is revealed to be a member of Void. After the fourth trial, he is executed after he attempts to shoot Mikado Sannoji to death, breaking the rule against members of Void betraying each other.
- An Arm and a Leg: Due to a jammed gun, Nikei lost his right hand, which also contributed to his death.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: During his execution, he attempts to escape the Monocrows chasing him by jumping to a helicopter, but makes the mistake of trying to grab the ladder with the hand that he had just lost moments ago, causing him to fall to his death.
- Iconic Item: Is always shown with his pen and notepad.
- Intrepid Reporter: Nikei didn't get the title of Ultimate Journalist by waiting for stories to come to him.
- Large Ham: His English Dub intro video gives us a solid idea on how hammy he can be.
- Nice Hat: Wears a fedora to match his reporter attire.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Covers the left side of his face.
- Say My Name: Just before his execution, towards Mikado.
- The Star Scream: While he is a Void member, Nikei admits that he doesn't like how Mikado is running their organization and has been secretly plotting to betray the wizard.
- Tragic Villain: According to him, Void's original purpose was to search for a single person, most likely Utsuro, and he was actually their leader. That is, until Mikado intervened.
Former Ultimate Merchant
Voiced by: NuzikVA
A mysterious man who introduced himself as the financial officer of the Kisaragi Foundation. In the past, he was a student at Hopes Peak Academy and was called the Ultimate Merchant. The other students have trouble trusting him because of the strange things he says.
As of Chapter 4, Teruya is still alive.
- Ambiguously Brown: He's one of the few dark skinned members of the cast.
- Ax-Crazy: He briefly falls into despair in Chapter 4 and holds Mikado and Syobai at gunpoint.
- Bound and Gagged: He ends up like this when introduced to the students in Chapter 2, courtesy of Mikado.
- Failure Hero: Teruya admits that he is this since he couldn't protect the students from the killing game and how he's practically useless without his partner.
- Intrepid Merchant: Former.
- Mr. Fanservice: Along with his handsome face, Teruya has a fairly muscular body that goes really well with a green speedo.
- Nice Hat: It looks like a straw hat with aviator goggles.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: His friendly demeanor completely vanishes when he has Mikado at gunpoint in Chapter 4.
- Tragic Keepsake: His goggles used to belong to Haruhiko Kobashikawa, a victim of the previous killing game Teruya and Rei participated in.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has spiky green hair.
Former Ultimate Professor
Voiced by: Kenkoy
A mysterious woman who introduces herself as a member of the Kisaragi Foundation. Formally the Ultimate Professor, she now carries out a mission to find a certain person. She projects an aura of seriousness and professionalism that makes her seem cold, but she cares more about others than she lets on.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In the first installment, Rei's hair was longer representing her younger self who was more self centered and arrogant. In the present, it's now shorter representing how she's more mature and cooperative as a field agent.
- Expy: She's pretty much Byakuya Togami if he were a red-headed woman. And just like Togami, she mellowed out between the two installments in that she's now more relaxed and willing to work with her fellow classmates/survivors.
- Girls with Guns: She carries one for protection.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: She survived the previous game, only to be burn without a trace by Mikado in the prologue. According to Sora, she may still be alive.
Voiced by: Mahou
Monocrow claims to be the supervising teacher on the Kibōgamine Gakuen field trip. He forces the students into taking part in a "field trip of mutual killing" and claims to hold dominion over the Isle of Nowhere.
- Contrasting Sequel Antagonist: Compared to the high-pitched, juvenile and fun-loving Monokuma, Monocrow has a calm and serious demeanor and only shows a few bursts of glee over the events of the killing game.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Has a deep and suave tone of voice.
- Feathered Fiend: He's modeled after a baby bird but he's the one running the killing game.
- LeitMotif: He's often accompanied by sinister organ music playing in the background whenever he makes an appearance.