Share your diary with the world or have to eat it for your lunch?
Sing out of tune to your friends or trip and fall into your crush?
Shave your head, paint it red, or use your dog's toothbrush?
We need a little Q&A
Come on Wratherheads, play along!"
It is about a Brother-Sister Team named Coop (Dakota Lotus) and Cami Wrather (Ruby Rose Turner) who make inane decisions by crowdsourcing opinions from their millions of followers (dubbed "Wratherheads") on their online web channel.
Other characters include their older sister Charlotte, who tries to stay away from their web show, Coop's quirky best friend Fred, their little brother Ollie, and their single mother Jenna.
The series was greenlit on May 4, 2018, and premiered on October 12, 2018. Multiple shorts featuring the main cast, as well as cast members of other Disney Channel shows participating in "Would You Rather" type challenges have been released. Whether or not it will be integrated into the DCLAU remains to be seen.
Coop & Cami Ask the World contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name/Alpha Bitch: Minty Matheson
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Mrs Wrather has this in spades.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Pam, Cami's "intern."
- Brother-Sister Team: None other than Coop and Cami.
- Butt-Monkey: Name a time something hasn't gone wrong for Fred, or a time he's not being treated as the punching bag.
- Christmas Episode: "... Get a Moose Angry?"
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Ollie
- Cami's friend Delaware
- Cool Big Sibs: Coop and Cami are this to their little brother Ollie.
- Disappeared Dad: Coop and Cami's father passed away long before the events of the series.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: The theme song is sung by Dakota Lotus and Ruby Rose Turner, who play Coop and Cami.
- Drop-In Character: Fred, apparently, according to his character bio.
- Family Theme Naming: All of the Wrather children except Ollie have names that begin with C.
- Free-Range Children: In "Would You Wrather Catch A Fish" 13 year old Cooper was allowed to take a boat out with Fred and his younger brother Ollie. Even if he had a boating license, he should've been with an adult.
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: The Wrather children. There are two boys (Coop and Ollie) and two girls (Cami and Charlotte).
- Generation Xerox: Doubly subverted in the third episode. Coop thinks he has inherited his father's handyman skills by fixing things around the house. However, Cami is actually the one who is cleaning up after Coop's messy "fixes". Ultimately, their mother admits that his father was actually bad at fixing things and she always had to call professionals to fix her husband's "fixes."
- Hate Sink: Minty Matheson
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: All episodes follow the pattern "Would You Wrather [insert episode theme here]?".
- Jerkass/Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: All of the central characters have their moments (Special mention goes to Cami, Charlotte, Fred and Mrs. Wrather.)
- Meaningful Name: Their last name, Wrather, relates to how the two main characters run a "Would You Rather" web show.
- The Moving Experience: Coop thinks his friend Peyton is moving to Canada. Turns out her family sold their house and moved a few blocks away to Canada Street.
- Name and Name: Half of the title, anyway.
- Odd Name Out: Ollie's name doesn't begin with a C.
- Once per Episode: Coop and Cami film a livestream of their show every episode, with at least one would you rather post depending on the situation.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Coop and Cami's real names are Cooper and Cameron respectively, but no one calls them that.
- Cami's friend Delaware's first name is actually Arizona. How she was so nicknamed is not stated.
- Parent with New Paramour: Jenna starts dating Coop and Cami's principal in the first episode. They have been together through the first season with problems occurring from keeping home and school life apart, particularly when people start to see Coop as the principal's best friend, to Cami becoming scared that he is replacing her deceased father when she finds him in her father's sweater.
- The Perfectionist: Charlotte, according to her character bio on Disney-ABC Press.
- Room Escape Game: The plot of "Would You Wrather Escape?" was to again try to break their record of escaping the escape room contest.
- Scout-Out: In "...Catch a Fish?", it is revealed that Charlotte used to be in the Clover Scouts. Cami wants to join only to to compete in a robotics competition and have a chance to win a trip to New York.
- Security Blanket: It is revealed in the fourth episode that Cami still loves her stuffed hippo enough to humilate herself to get it back.
- Tagalong Kid: Ollie.
- Two-Timer Date: Coop inadvertently does this with his crush, Peyton, and his Mom, who he asked to the Fall Ball so that she wouldn't go on a date with his principal.
- Undying Loyalty: According to his bio, Fred is forever loyal to Coop and Cami.
- Writers Cannot Do Math: In "... Escape", it was revealed that the lighthouse project that Ollie turned for his second grade class was also used by his siblings three, four, and five years earlier. However, if the others turned in the project for the same grade/class, that would make Cami 10-11, Coop 11-12, and Charlotte 12-13. The project didn't look like it was made for a fourth or fifth grade class, which would work better for their ages.