Arimnaes' Happy Fun Time Power Hour was an all-Tropers Dungeons & Dragons game conducted over Ventrilo and OpenRPG from January 2010 to June of that same year. arimnaes was the GM. The opening roster of players was as follows:
- Glenn Magus Harvey, playing Trenton Philips, a human rogue who is technically the employer of the other party members.
- Karalora, playing Rowan, a half-elf druid.
- Lanceleoghauni, playing Constantine Irongate, a human wizard/cleric.
- Zudak, playing Meredith Pryce, a human fighter, as well as her faithful dog, Dog.
- Thnikkafan, playing Eliza, a human monk.
- Matrix, playing Trixie Devalle, a human bard.
GMH eventually had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts and handed control of Trent off to Jinxed Blackcat. Not long thereafter, Thnikkafan also quit the game. In this instance, the character was killed off and the replacement playerIroneyebrought in his own PC, Adellion Nightbreeze, an elf beguiler. This player roster remained in effect through the rest of the game's run.
The game takes place in Myamador, a setting of arims own devising, where elves (and half-elves) are grossly persecuted by the human majority, with other races being better treated but still relegated to second-class citizen status. This feature did not come into play until the second Story Arc, however.
The first arc began with the PCs attempting to explore (and loot) a ruined castle, but they almost immediately got sidetracked dealing with a cabal of criminal sorcerers called the Kalars. After a series of incidents that included a collapsing clock tower, a trip into Japans basement, a solid gold pimp cane, and a Victorian street urchin selling encyclopedias, the party found the Kalar Doom Fortress and infiltrated it only to be flung onto the Plane of Shadow by a magical gate at the heart of the fortress. After a number of eerie encounters with creatures twisted by the plane into horrific mockeries of themselvesincluding, tragically, Dogthe party managed to reach the gate again, but instead of returning to their starting point, they wound up
in a subterranean lake on the other side of the continent. This began the second story arc. The PCs narrowly avoided the monster in the lake, made their way out of the cave system and to the nearby logging town, where they again became embroiled in local events. The town and adjacent logging operations had been subject to numerous attacks of arson in recent weeks, apparently caused by the summoning of magmins from the Elemental Plane of Fire. Complicating matters was another current event of interest concerning a businessman by the name of Mortimer Shale and his impatience to reclaim an artifact which his consortium had discovered and which was being held by the local chapter of the Arcane Dominion. Then Shales partner turned up after having almost been eaten by the lake monster in the cavern
At that point, the game went on summer hiatus. It was to resume in late August, but the demands of arim's new school year prevented it. It was eventually scrapped, but arim later made up his mind to DM for the gaming group again, this time collaborating with Ironeye on an all-new Eberron campaign.
This RP has significant player crossover with The Shadow Of Greed.
Arimnaes' Happy Fun Time Power Hour contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The PCs have mostly normal real-world names; the NPCs have mostly made-up fantasy names.
- Audible Gleam: SCHWEEEEEEEEEEN! - The sound of healing. It sounds very glowy. Possibly also a Written Sound Effect.
- Badass Bookworm: He may not hit hard, but by fighting smart Constantine can stand toe to toe about as well as Rowan.
- Be All My Sins Remembered: Constantine warns the Arcane Dominion researcher against making the same mistakes he did.
- Break the Haughty: It takes getting kicked out of the party and nearly getting killed by racist guards to get Adellion to treat the others in an at all decent fashion.
- Claustrophobia: Trent hates caves.
- Combat Medic: Though Rowan is the team's healer, she's also quite effective with her scimitar.
- Evil Tower of Ominousness: Above ground, the Kalar Doom Fortress was described as a ziggurat.
- "Facing the Bullets" One-Liner: Adellion pulls one when he's about to be Curb Stomped by a captain of the Imperial Guard.
- Fantastic Racism: Aside from humans treating other species as second-class citizens, and elves/half-elves getting especially bad treatment, there's also Adellion's backlash against humans and absolute hatred for half-elves because of their origins in a human/elf relationship.
- Fantastic Slurs: "Half-blood" for half-elves. Also "pointy-eared bastards" for both elves and half-elves...use of which on Rowan is unlikely to have much effect because she does have pointed ears and was born out of wedlock and doesn't see the big deal.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Rowan is half elf, half human.
- Heroic BSoD: The planar travel sent Constantine into one because he thought that the party had ended up in a far worse place then the Plane of Shadow.
- I Need No Ladders: Busting through the wooden wall of a building to escape the approaching guards? Yup.
- I Owe You My Life: Adellion to Trent after the former runs afoul of some racist guards.
- I'm Having Soul Pains: Adellion's only direct magical attacks cause pain without physical damage.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Some of Adellion's enchantments erase the target's memory of being enspelled, though not what happens afterward.
- Magic Knight: Adellion makes up for his physical weakness by wearing mithril armor and wielding a rapier while still assaulting the minds of his enemies.
- Meaningful Name: Rowan was named after the kind of tree she was found under.
- Mind over Manners: Subverted by Adellion—while he initially only uses his enchantments on the villains, it's not long before he turns them against his own party in order to extract information.
- Near-Death Experience: The players know Constantine had one, but not the circumstances surrounding it or its aftermath.
- No Plans No Prototype No Back Up: Galvest's reality overlay lantern had plenty of plans, all of which were destroyed by Constantine other than the copy he carries along with the broken prototype.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: When Trixie is is in the middle of casting Identify.
- Only One Name: Rowan.
- Our Elves Are Better: In half-elf, high elf, and extra-high elf flavors.
- Pointy Ears: Adellion, Rowan, and all of the other elves and half-elves.
- Pun: Frequently, by all persons involved. Occasionally verges on Hurricane of Puns.
- Power Glows: Charged zephite.
- Raised by Wolves: Rowan claims she was. Actually, she was Raised By Druids, but it amounts to pretty much the same thing. Especially since so many of them not only keep wolves, but can turn into wolves.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Constantine wears this, with a trenchcoat instead of robes.
- Royal Blood: As a Grey Elf, Adellion is at least of noble blood, though the extent of his family's power is unknown, since his great-grandparents secreted his father away from the family before Adellion was born.
- Screw You, Elves!: The party's opinion of Adellion for some time after he joined, as well as humanity's reaction to elves in general.
- Squishy Wizard: Adellion is weaker than everyone else and can take less punishment before falling unconscious—fortunately, he can afford to wear mithril armor. Constantine, on the other hand, uses magic to pull himself out of "squishy" territory.
- True Companions: The party is easing towards this. They've been through a hell of a lot together by this point.
- Whip It Good: Trixie's trademark weapon. She likes to grab swords with it.
- Wizarding School: Part of the Mandate of the Arcane Dominion.