Batter Up! was a Roll to Dodge thread made by the user Lovefool on the Nuzlocke Forums. What started out as a simple game of baseball dramatically changed to a massive battle to prevent possible Class Z level destruction. The game had a total of three story arcs, and was eventually discontinued. The thread had a total of 520 posts within 26 pages, and can be found here.
Not to be confused with the trope, Batter Up!, even if it is a common occurance within the game.
Batter Up! contains examples of:
- Apocalypse How: Snaz destroyed Universe 239's original timeline when he used the power of Made in Heaven to speed up time back to the Stone Age.
- Batter Up!: It's a game about baseball, what else was there to expect? However, while a couple of characters use baseball bats as weapons, nothing beats The Coach's use of one. He beats Sora's character within an inch of his life during The Reveal, and that doesn't even include the fact that he materialized it out of thin air.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience:
- Heavily exaggerated. Every player character (and a few non-player characters) gets a color or combined set of colors to identify them. However, this does not stop people from changing colors when they are reincarnated or turned into a robot.
- A good example being Eevee's character, who starts with black words on a red background, but after being reincarnated as a purer version of The Umpire, their original incarnation, their color changes to green.
- Crossover: From A Hat in Time to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, to the point where the use of Stands and Pokemon is commonplace, and an appearance from Exdeath of Final Fantasy V is just a normal occurrence.