- In Borderlands2 there is a small cave in the Caustic Caverns. It is made of cubic dirt blocks and stone blocks identical to those in Minecraft, and even contains coal, gold, and possibly rare Eridium ore blocks that will drop ammo, money, and Eridium respectively if you break them via melee attack. Enemy Creepers appear here, and they can drop Minecraft-themed cosmetics and weapons.
- Piratez: One researchable tech is literally called Minecraft. It leads to a mining facility, doh.
- BoxxyQuest: The Gathering Storm: In the prologue, one of the sailors on the ship hails from Minecraft. Later on, after the shipwreck, you find him on the beach doing exactly what youd expect a lost Minecrafter to be doing: punching a tree to collect wood. He soon runs off to join the other survivors, but in true Minecraft fashion, the top of that tree remains floating in midair for the rest of the game.
- Terraria has several Title messages for the bar on top of the window. Chosen at random when the player opens the game or clicks the language button. One of those messages is "Also try Minecraft"
- The South Park episode "Informative Murder Porn" has the kids' parents get addicted to the game.
- The fourth game in the Epic Battle Fantasy series has multiple Minecraft references.
- An NPC in Crystal Caverns tells the party never to dig straight up or down, which reminds Lance of a mining trip ruined by spiders and exploding monsters.
- Later, Whitefall Town has a snow creeper near the weapons shop. Interacting with it with Lance in the first slot causes him to have a Heroic BSoD.
- Bullet Heaven 2 reveals that both of the above are because Lance's father was blown up by a creeper, leaving only his shovel, some wood, and a chunk of coal.
- "Mr. Minecraft" is a playable character in Super Meat Boy.
- The Rick and Morty episode "The Rickchurian Mortydate" has the duo playing the game. When they stop, Rick says that "South Park did it four years ago" in reference to the aforementioned "Informative Murder Porn" episode. (Incredibly, both "The Rickchurian Mortydate" and "Informative Murder Porn" aired on October 2nd, exactly four years apart.)
- One of the mook types in Magicka's "The Stars are Left" DLC are Endermen. They look similar and fight almost similarly too including usage of Teleport Spam... and they will One-Hit Kill your mages if they get into melee range.
- Torchlight II has an area called "Notch's Mine" where the only enemies in there are Creepers that look exactly like those in Minecraft and blow up. There's also a chest inside that contains a random minecraft sword (ranges from Wood to Diamond).
- The Simpsons had Bart force Homer to take him to a "Cubecraft" convention.
- The Stanley Parable not only references it, but actually drops the player into the world of Minecraft at one point.
- Caillou has a video game called "Dig and Build", which involves collecting resources and building things in a cubic world.
- Ready Player One's opening sequence has a multitude of different game worlds in the OASIS passing by the camera, Minecraft World being one of them.
Referenced By / Minecraft