Danielle Andrea Harris (born June 1, 1977) is an American actress.
Born in Daytona Beach and raised in New York, her first starring role, and the one she is still most famous for today, is Jamie Lloyd, the niece of Michael Myers, in Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. She reprised the role in Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, but not Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, which killed the character off.
Along with Halloween, she has appeared in a number of other horror films, such as Urban Legend, Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet and Hatchet II, cementing her as a Scream Queen. She has also done television, both live-action (Roseanne, That's Life) and voice work (The Wild Thornberrys, Father of the Pride) for animation.
As for the world wide web, she was the host of Fearnet's Route 666: America's Scariest Home Haunts, and along with fellow modern day horror legends Kane Hodder and Robert Englund, she was also featured in the webseries Fear Clinic, as Susan. She has a strong cult following that continues to this day.
Her directorial debut, a horror-comedy titled Among Friends, premiered in 2013.
- Jamie Lloyd in Halloween 4 and Halloween 5
- Tracey Hatcher in Marked for Death
- Dana Hemmings in Don't Touch My Daughter
- Young Isobel in The Killing Mind
- Melissa Crandell in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
- Darian Hallenbeck in The Last Boy Scout
- Priscilla in The Woman Who Loved Elvis
- Gwenie in Free Willy
- Jessica Pentland in Roseanne: An Unauthorized Biography
- Susan in Shattered Image
- Hayley Wheaton in Wish Upon A Star
- Chelsea in Back to Back
- Ashley Crighton in Daylight
- Lulu in Dizzyland
- Tosh Guaneri in Urban Legend
- Young Charlene Silver in Goosed
- Justine Sinclair in Hard Time: Hostage Hotel
- Suzi in Poor White Trash
- Barbie in Killer Bud
- Leila in The Partners
- Liz Bronner in Debating Robert Lee
- Emily in Em & Me
- Carla in Race You to the Bottom
- Annie Brackett in Halloween (2007) (2007) and Halloween II (2009) (2009)
- Nancy in Left for Dead
- Felicia Freeze in Super Capers
- Alissa Giordano in Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet
- Kathy in The Black Waters of Echo's Pond
- Maria Sanchez in Cyrus: Mind of a Serial Killer
- Halfpipe in Godkiller
- Marybeth in Hatchet II
- Belle in Stake Land
- Mary in The Victim
- Spann in ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2
- Samantha Garretson in One Life to Live
- Tara in Spenser: For Hire
- Melanie Monroe in Eerie, Indiana
- Susie Maxwell in Growing Pains
- Molly Tilden in Roseanne
- Jennifer in Jack's Place
- Sheri Fisher in The Commish
- Theresa Keiner in Boy Meets World
- Laura Quentin in ER
- Willow Mortner in Brooklyn South
- Noelle Andrew in Diagnosis: Murder
- Aviva in Charmed
- Debbie Thornberry in The Wild Thornberrys
- Plum Wilkinson in That's Life
- Kiki in The West Wing
- Young Gina Carroll in Cold Case
- Sierra in Father of the Pride
- Tonya in Psych
Tropes frequently used for this actress' roles:
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Seems to get this role a lot.
- Ms. Fanservice: She fits this trope in many of her recent roles.
- The Other Darrin: Was replaced by J.C. Brandy as Jamie in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, and replaced Tamara Feldman as Marybeth in Hatchet II.
- Playing Against Type: Though often typecast as the Final Girl or victim, she has expressed desire to play as the killer, a role that was teased for in Halloween 4 but was never panned out. In these examples, she got it:
- She turns out to be the psychotic killer in Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet.
- She also plays a more passive but no less villainous role in ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 as well.
- Teens Are Short: She stands at only five feet tall and almost always gets cast as teenagers despite being in her late thirties.
- Typecasting: Horror film Final Girl or victim, or a Bratty Teenage Daughter.
- What Could Have Been: The end of Halloween 4 set her up as the franchise's new villain, but nothing ever came of it.
- She also lobbied hard for a role in Halloween (2018), but to no avail.