The characters of the manga and anime series Zombie-Loan:
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Houko Kuwashima
- Apocalypse Maiden: She was created to destroy the Akashic Records.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Chapters 46 and 47 shows this with her creating a huge contortion out of irritation.
- Character Development: Went from The Eeyore to a more optimistic person.
- Conspiracy Redemption: How Michiru ends up working with Chika and Shito.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Lost both her parents at a young age. They're not her biological parents.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Yomi. Though, Yomi is later revealed to be a boy.
- Hair Antennae
- Heroic BSoD: Michiru briefly suffers through this, when she finds out that her parents had actually adopted her and there was something dark lurking in her past, unknown to her.
- Important Haircut : In the second timeline she has long hair again.
- Oblivious to Love: Very much. Michiru is oblivious to the fact that Chika, Shito, Yomi, and Zen have feelings for her.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She's very nice, polite and innocent.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: In the second timeline, Michiru doesn't wear her glasses anymore. May indicate that she has fully accepted herself for who she is.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Michiru is actually a Singularity and not a human. She also has the ability to control space dimensions, similar to Carmella.
Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura
- Abusive Parents: His mom.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's not exactly a nice person, especially in the beginning, but he does have his moments of kindness later.
- Missing Mom: More like Extremely Neglectful Mom.
- Mistaken for Gay: In the manga, there's a chapter that has him directly read out a love letter to Shito from someone else very loudly in front of other people.
- Odd Couple: Chika and Shito.
- Parental Abandonment: His mom left him starving to death at a young age just to live with another man.
- Surprisingly Good English: In chapter 29, Koyomi comments that Chika's English is amazing. Not surprising, considering his father is from Europe.
Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai
- Berserk Button: Poor Michiru learned it the hard way when she found Shito's comb — that belonged to his mother — and returned it to him. The very idea of someone else even touching the comb enraged him. He eventually gets better, though, and lets Michiru hold onto the comb to keep it safe. Though she later breaks it.
- Born from a Dead Woman: His mother was already a zombie when she gave birth to him.
- Dead All Along: Shito was born a zombie through his mother's seven year pregnancy.
- Defrosting Ice King: Acts cold and aloof towards Chika and Michiru at first, but later chapters show that he's warming up to them.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Chika and Shito, albiet, unwillingly at first.
- Memento Macguffin: A decorative comb that once belonged to his mother.
- Parental Incest: Heavily implied to have had romantic feelings towards his mother.
Voiced by: Takanori Hoshino
- Delinquent: Looks like he'd be a member of the Yakuza.
- Younger Than He Looks: He's in his 20's, but looks like he's at least in his 30's. This is a major sore spot for him.
Voiced by: Kentarō Itō
- Heroic Sacrifice: She sacrificed herself in order to save Shito's soul.
- Attempted Rape: The first time Yomi meets Michiru escalates to this.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Yomi is later revealed to be a boy, having been made from spirits of slaughtered boys of the Yoitsuhara clan.
Voiced by: Saori Goto
Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara
- Last of His Kind: Survived the rest of his kin.
Voiced by: Motoki Takagi
- Florence Nightingale Effect: Zen develops a crush on Michiru after she bandages his wound.
- Older Than He Looks: In spite of his short height, Zen is a high school junior.
- Power Trio: With Shuuji and Toko.
- Two Guys and a Girl: Zen, Shuuji, and Toko.
Voiced by: Megumi Kojima
- Girl Next Door: To Zen since they were both raised by the same person, but they aren't related.
Voiced by: Daisuke Ono
- Two Guys and a Girl: Zen, Shuuji, and Toko.
Voiced by: Jun'ichi Suwabe
- Ambiguously Bi: He has made flirty remarks towards Michiru and Chika.
- FaceHeel Turn: He was the one who stole the Zarame's core.
- Suicide Is Painless: Jumped out off of a building out of boredom.
- Terms of Endangerment: Is attracted to Michiru because of her "abnormality" and often calls her "cute."
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We never know what happened to him in the second Timeline
- HeelFace Turn: Seems to have pulled this of in the end since he's been seen hanging around with Michiru, plus the fact that he let Michiru 'borrow his body'.
- Killed Off for Real: Her core got broken by Michiru, who was clearly not happy with Carmella threatening her friends.