The Five Friends
Originally coming to watch "Camp Bloodbath 2: Cruel Summer", they escaped the cinema fire and end up in the universe of the previous movie. Now, they had to survive and follow the rules of every slasher movies.
A former scream queen's daughter and Chris's love interest.
- Action Survivor / Final Girl: Like most of the characters who became aware of Billy, she manage to use a bow or running away. Moreover, she became the Final Girl.
- Badass Boast : Took a machete, look at Chris who giving her a "go on sweetheart!* head nodding and:Max: You just fucked with the wrong virgin!
- The Big Damn Kiss / Ship Tease: Her and Chris are really thoughtful to each other and later, when Chris who was wounded by Billy, arrived after Max had killed Billy, they finally kissed.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Not believing in herself to become the final girl
- Informed Judaism: Lampshaded by Vicki
- Nice Girl: Doesn't retaliate against Vicki's insults, shows kindness towards her air-headed friend Gertie and created some Pet The Dog moments with Nancy her mother's character in the movie
Max's best friend and Duncan's stepsister.
- Action Survivor: Like most of the characters who became aware of Billy, she manages to hold her own for awhile.
- Adorkable: She is really kind towards her best friend, Max in spite of being a Cloudcuckoolander.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Sometimes she is prone to Comically Missing the Point, doesn't get what others characters mean, and forgot that blood was just splattered in her face when smiling to the movie's characters, which scared them.
- Deadpan Snarker: Weirdly, her airhead behaviour doesn't keep her from snarking at Duncan or Vicki.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: After fleeing with the remaining members in the attic, she and Vicky are incapacitated by a bookshelf pushed against them by Billy, who stabs her through it.
- Insult Backfire: From her to Vicki:Vicki: Wow, that's evil!Gertie: Thank you.
- Not Quite Dead: As with every member of the original group, she returns to life at the end.
- Played By: Alexander Ludwig
Max's love interest and Vicki's ex-boyfriend.
- Action Survivor: Like most of the characters who became aware of Billy, he puts up a decent fight against Billy.
- The Big Damn Kiss / Ship Tease: He and Max are really thoughtful to each other and later, when he was wounded by Billy and arrived after Max had killed Billy, they finally kissed.
- Has Two Mommies: Gender-inversion: Reveals he has two fathers when Kurt mocks him by calling him gay.
- Nice Guy: Except when Vicki piss him off, he is really gentle with everyone, especially with Max.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The sensitive guy to the jocky Kurt.
- Shout-Out: His name is a nod to Chris Higgins, the Final Girl of Friday the 13th Part III.
- Played By: Nina Dobrev
Max's former best friend and Chris's ex-girlfriend.
- Academic Alpha Bitch: She considers Stanford and Cornwall to be fallback schools.
- Action Survivor: Like most of the characters who became aware of Billy, she takes the fight to him.
- Being Evil Sucks / HeelFace Turn: Before the slumber party, she burst into crying and reveal to Max and Gertie how much she is sorry about being mean with them.
- Blatant Lies: Just look below:Chris: So, you didn't see my post about it, or anything?Vicki: No, I don't go on your stupid Twitter. Which, by the way, has lost three more followers today.
- Brutal Honesty: Gives a lot of this to every character.
- Chainsaw Good: Suggested by her to Paula.
- Drugs Are Good : Took Adderall as a way to to keep her mood up.
- Heroic Sacrifice / Kill It with Fire: After escaping in the attic with the remaining members, she and Vicki look after a burning trap for Billy. However, when holding the rope, which triggers an above bucket full of gasoline, it's stuck. When Billy shows up he pushes a bookshelf on them and stabs Gertie. She then managed to use all of her strength and pull the rope, causing the bucket to fall and attic to explode.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Despite her bitchy behavior, she really does have a good heart. Occasionally she'll even act like it.
- The Missus and the Ex: Max and Chris go to the cinema, guess who shows up?
- Not Quite Dead: As with every member of the original group, she returns to life at the end.
- Shout-Out: Her name is a nod to two separate characters from Friday the 13th Part 2 and Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside / Hidden Depths: Put to other characters a bitch facade, but she's sad about losing the friendship she used to had with Max
- Technical Virgin: She tries to argue that she's still eligible to be final girl despite whatever it was she did with Chris (who's too polite to say), but the rest of the group isn't willing to risk it.
- Played By: Thomas Middleditch
Horror movie fan, notably of "Camp Bloodbath", and Gertie's stepbrother.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Well, they're actually "yellow".
- Death by Genre Savviness: Even if he really know the rules of the movie, it's by [[spoiler: thinking that the rules makes real world's people invincible which cause his demise at the hand of Billy.
- Freaky Is Cool: Maybe not too much, but is overexcited at being the brother of Gertie, who is the best friend of a scream queen's daughter.
- Genre Savvy: He really helps the group to follow the slasher movie rules and deduced how to get out of the movie.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Machete thrown in his ribs and later hit by a fast moving car which then explodes. Nothing can stop a true Bath-matician.
- Non-Action Guy: Balanced nicely with his knowledge in slasher movies.
- Not Quite Dead: Survives his encounter with Billy but is later hit by Paula's car. Plus, as with every member of the original group, he returns to life at the end.
The Characters of ''Camp Bloodbath"
Typical stock Slasher Movie characters forced to interact with real people.
- Played By: Amanda Cartwright (Malin Åkerman)
- Adorkable: Nancy is quite naive but is a cute girl who can't stand the sound of her own voice and overall has a lot of the same dorky mannerisms that her actress Amanda does.
- Decoy Protagonist: She seems like the main character of Camp Bloodbath, but dies after she provides the movie's exposition about Billy, and Paula becomes the Final Girl.
- Heroic Sacrifice: allows herself to get murdered by Billy so Max can obey the film's internal logic and become the "Final Girl" in order to defeat the monster.
- More Expendable Than You: When either she or Max has to perish for the other to become Final Girl: "I'm just the shy girl with a clipboard and a guitar."
- Shout-Out: Her name is to Nancy Thompson, the final girl from A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), while her appearance and personality is based on Ginny from Friday the 13th Part 2.
- Nice Guy: Nancy is very sweet and caring towards everyone, and modest as well. She says that she's just the girl with the clipboard and a guitar.
- Refugee from TV Land: Nancy wants to become this once she realizes that she is a fictional character meant to die brutally and never grow up to do important things.
- Played By: Adam Devine
- Ambiguously Bi: Kurt hits on literally every woman he sees, but briefly mentions that he thinks gay men have a cool lifestyle despite thinking that it's just discovered and sex with men.
- Asshole Victim: He's the typical sex-crazed jerk who ends up as a typical target. He still ends up dead, even if it's not by Billy's hands.
- Comically Missing the Point: When he's trying to get the hell out of the camp with Paula he still is primarily concerned with getting laid instead of, you know, running away from the vicious brute of a serial killer.
- Deliberate Values Dissonance: Like many people of the 1980s, Kurt is openly homophobic and assumes everyone else is too. Then he meets Chris who has two gay fathers...
- Handsome Lech
- Jerk Jock: A milder example than others. He's a bit of a jerk, but for the most part is just massively horny.
- Really Gets Around
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: Duncan thinks that Kurt's lines of dialogue ("How about you go suck a turd!" being one) are this.
- Played By: Angela Trimbur
- The Bait: She is used to bait out Billy.
- The Ditz
- Happy Dance: She performs an absolutely ridiculous Crazy Awesome striptease in order to lure the killer into the cabin. She is also seen dancing at other times, implying that she's almost always happy.
- Intoxication Ensues: When she ingests Vicki's bottle of Adderall mistaking them for Tic-Tacs.
- It Will Never Catch On: Tina couldn't even comprehend the idea of a smartphone.
- Really Gets Around: She represents the slutty girls who are typically killed in Slashers.
- Shout-Out: Her name is one to the protagonist of Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, while her character is based on Morgan from The House on Sorority Row and Lynda from the original Halloween (1978).
- Too Dumb to Live: She accidentally kills herself by falling into a bear trap meant for Billy.
- Played By: Tory N Thompson
- Played By: Chloe Bridges
- Final Girl: Paula is the Final Girl of the movie Camp Bloodbath, but is killed in a car explosion when the cast of real life people end up in the movie. Oddly, she's not as clean cut as the typical example of this trope, coming across more like a "tough" punk rocker chick of the 1980s than the Token Wholesome we usually get here. She did say she was a virgin though.
- Played By: Dan B Norris
- Ax-Crazy: He is a slasher villain so it goes with the genre.
- Big Bad: In the movie within the movie.
- Expy: Of Jason Voorhees and Cropsey. His name is a Shout-Out to the killer from Black Christmas (1974), considered by many to be the first slasher film.
- Implacable Man: As a Jason expy, anything short of being killed with his own machete by the Final Girl (including flaming arrows shot into his chest) simply annoys him.
- Infernal Retaliation: Setting him on fire just gets you a pissed off psychopath on fire who is now chasing you at full speed.
- Knight of Cerebus: Not played for laughs. He is a very deadly threat and implacable.
- Machete Mayhem: He uses a large machete as his primary weapon. When he loses that, he takes out a knife. He gets two machetes in the sequel.
- The Scourge of God: Anything pertaining to drugs or sex will always summon him, even if it's a teen doing a striptease.
- Played By: Malin Åkerman
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Malin Akerman is only sixteen years older than her "daughter" Taissa Farmiga.
- Adorkable: Max evens calls her a dork when she lip syncs to "Bette Davis Eyes" in the car.
- Good Parents: Amanda seems to be a good mom, as she and Max have a great relationship.
- I Coulda Been a Contender!: Amanda has been type-cast as a scream queen and to her disappointment has had bad luck appearing in anything other than B-grade schlock ever since Camp Bloodbath. She still seems to have a pretty happy life otherwise though.
- Shout-Out: Her surname is a nod to scream queen Veronica Cartwright of Alien and Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)'' fame.
- Surprisingly Sudden Death: Dies in a car crash when her daughter accidentally spills coffee on Amanda's files and distracts her from the road.