The Seven Heavenly Virtues that appeared one day out of the blue, unsettling many of the angels. note
First Generation Humility
- "Ah, thank you. But I think you are just trying to make me feel better. I do not think you understand. I am not beating myself up. It is simply a fact about my inferiority."
The oldest virtue, and, ironically, the shortest. Has a very withdrawn and well, humble personality, but is always up for a chat. Blog can be found here. The main format is picture reactions with text replies, and longer written roleplays.
- Apologises a Lot
- Blade on a Stick: Weapon of choice when in Seraph mode.
- Desperately Craves Affection
- Guilt Complex: Comes with the territory of being humility and modesty personified.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: The reason he killed himself.
- Also why he destroyed the older portion of Heaven to get home.
- Healing Hands: One of his abilities.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Leitmotif: Aptly named 'Song for Humility'.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: It's subtle, but in Seraph mode his hair grows up to the point where a ponytail is required.
- Stepford Smiler: After Humility returned from a trip to Heaven.
- Torso with a View: Taken up a notch since it affects every part of the body except his head. The amount of gaps and blue stripes increase the more distraught he is.
- Verbal Tic: Does not use any contractions to mimic how the Angels traditionally spoke.
Second Generation Humility
- "Hes- hes dead and his- his memories Four thousand years and so much of it was horrible I dont- dont want this at all "
- Equivalent Exchange: Gave up his own life in order to revive his predecessor. After all, the balance doesn't require two Humilities.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- My Skull Runneth Over: Due to the severity of the previous Humility's death (and with a lack of a 'buffer'), this causes this iteration to remember all 9000 year's worth of memory and it hurts.
- Prophet Eyes: With a light blue outline.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only existed for a few weeks until he had to sacrifice himself so the previous Humility could be revived.
- "Im not strict. Im just controlled."
The Virtue of justice and control. Comes off as something of a grump. Despite being about 2000 years younger than Humility, Temperance spares no chance to act like the Virtue in charge. Blog can be found here. The main format is picture reactions with text replies, and there is also a few written roleplays.
- Ambiguously Brown: When human.
- Aura Vision
- Badass Cape: Dons one in Seraph Mode.
- Bald of Awesome
- Big Brother Instinct: Despite not being the oldest, he does show signs of this.
- Cool Sword: Wields one in Seraph mode.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!
- Eyes Always Shut: Justified, he uses aura to see anyway, so using actual sight would be somewhat redundant. However, the only other times he opens it is when he's extremely surprised, corrupted, or in Seraph mode.
- Forgets to Eat: Though this trope mostly kicks in when he's human.
- Good Is Not Nice: He's not the easiest to get along with due to his stubborn and serious attitude.
- Guilty Pleasure: Adult fiction. A notable one he likes is Fifty Shades of Gray.
- Heroes Fight Barehanded: May be a case of Early Installment Weirdness, but he claims that he knows martial arts.
- Heroic BSoD: Recently, he has considered his efforts to try to liberate his siblings from Heavenly prejudices to be completely useless.
- Insistent Terminology: His aura's gold, not brown.
- Gold is a great color.(#Earthy brown not so much... #But I am not excessively vain or anything #Of course not)
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Inverted— it's more accurate to call him a good guy with jerkish tendancies.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Revenge-kills the Archangel Gabriel due to the fact that he killed the first Chastity.
- Threatens Lust with physical harm if he believes that he's using Humility. It's outright stated that he gave a similar speech to Lena some time after the first Patience fell in love and became human."You break his heart, I break your bones."
- Somewhat subverted in this case, since Temperance never owes up to breaking Lust's bones after he and Kindness had sexual relations with the both of them knowing that Humility was in a relationship with the former.
- Threatens Lust with physical harm if he believes that he's using Humility. It's outright stated that he gave a similar speech to Lena some time after the first Patience fell in love and became human.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Odd, since he doesn't really need it.
- Not So Stoic: When the first Chastity died.
- Also when he's around his opposite.
- Papa Wolf: Towards Irene.
- Prim and Proper Bun: When genderbent.
- Stealth Pun: Why are his eyes always closed? Because justice is blind.
- Verbal Tic: it only shows when he's corrupted, but his speech is all in lowercase excluding the end where it switches to uppERCASE.
- His only goal was to find the meaning in his job, why the other had fought so hard for it and with such devotion. His only hope was that he wouldnt be forever thought of as The Replacement.
The newest Virtue with a bit of insecurity about how he exists only to take the place of the deceased first generation Chastity. Blog can be found here. Format is written answers and text roleplays.
- Barrier Warrior
- Future Badass / Ridiculously Successful Future Self: 800 years into the future, he's obviously a lot more confident, and married to Greed. The latter may imply that the angels' prejudice against the Virtues may have been diminished during this time.
- Happily Married: With Greed 800 years in the future.
- Hates Being Touched: It's pretty much a constant to being Chastity. However there are a few exceptions for the current one.
- My Sensors Indicate You Want to Tap That: He can sense lustful feelings, and it grosses him out.
- Naïve Newcomer / Skilled, but Naïve: Due to the memories he gained from his predecessor, he does have knowledge on certain fields. However he lacks the experience to use them practically.
- Prim and Proper Bun
- Letting His Hair Down: When corrupted. His future self also wears it down.
- Prophet Eyes: With a light lavender-ish outline.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: It really only applies to his future self.
- Verbal Tic: When corrupted, tildes are added to the end of his sentences~.
- Younger Than They Look: While he's physically and mentally a young adult at this point, he's barely a few years old.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Really, both iterations are a bit... slow on the uptake.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: All iterations are associated with green.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
First Generation PatienceOnce, the first Patience had lived with his siblings. However, he fell in love with a human and practically begged the angels to turn him into a human to live with her. According to Temperance, it didn't go well as well as was assumed, if Patience's aura had anything to say about it.
- Babies Ever After: Had five children with Lena.
- Book Dumb: However, he's more 'people smart' to balance it out.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Love at First Sight: Presumably with Lena.
- Motor Mouth: A variant— according to a fanfic where the first Patience never became human, the aforementioned had a bad habit of going on tangents which bored many a child to sleep.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: He became human because he wanted to be with Lena.
- Prophet Eyes: With a green outline.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to APO-Diligence's red.
Second Generation Patience noteBlog can be found here.
- "Look, theres an equal chance that youd make things better or make it worse but thats a chance you need to take. Thats how life works."
The only sister of the Virtues note . Has quiet a bone to pick with Greed. Blog can be found here. Main format is short text roleplays or reaction drawings in reply to asks.
- Carry a Big Stick: Wields a mace in Seraph mode.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Heroic Fatigue: The reason for her corruption.
- Prim and Proper Bun: When corrupted.
- Quirky Curls
- Samaritan Syndrome: Often partakes in 'charity binges' a lot prior to corruption. However she's slowed down after that incident.
- Simple, yet Opulent: The dress she wears when corrupted.
- The Smurfette Principle: Played straight at first, but as time went on this trope was averted note .
- True Blue Femininity
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: All of them are affiliated with the color red.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted on the most part. Unless you get them mad.
- Workaholic: Although APO-Diligence has said that they would always have time for their family and friends. Not a terrible case of this trope.
- "Im actually working on a bunch of things! I can only tell you about a couple of them, though, because if I dont get back to one of my projects soon then half of America will be blown up. Nobody ever said mad scientists cant be diligent."
The Virtue of hard work, yet Diligence always has time for his family and friends. Most likely due to an event in his past where he lost his best friend. Blog can be found here. Main format is replies to text asks, and occasional roleplays.
Currently on an indefinite hiatus.
- Bald of Awesome
- Does Not Like Cilantro: Just mentioning herbs in general makes him pouty, really. It reminds him of an old host of his who died due to unknown means, but certainly didn't die off naturally.
- Flaming Hair: A variant steam flows from the back from his head, which sort of evokes this.
- Gatling Good: Seen in his Seraph mode design.
- Heroic BSoD: Some time after Patience became human, he corrupted. According to Temperance, he was the first to give up on him.
- In-Series Nickname: He has a lot, some of them not really making sense without context.
- However, in the fandom some people use the nickname Dustynote when referring to him to differentiate him from the current C-Diligence.
- Large Ham: Sometimes. It doesn't help that one of his old hosts was an actor.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Doesn't remember his own corruption.
- Scarf of Asskicking: It gets even longer when in Seraph Mode. Also, it's implied that he hides contraptions and such in it.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to the first Patience's blue.
- Verbal Tic: His speech becomes more s p a c e y when stressed out.
PO-DiligenceBlog can be found here.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: A variation— he has disembodied hands made of steam to help him multitask.
- "Dont give up! Make a schedule! Write a list of things you want done by the end of the day! Dont let yourself get distracted! Go somewhere where you can concentrate! Keep yourself healthy!"
Blog can found found here.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Her ponytail is pretty spiky, which somewhat correlates to her electricity-based powers.
- Cool Big Sis: Inverted, in terms with the latter part of the description since she's actually the youngest out of the first generation Virtues and is somewhere in the middle overall.
- Fiery Red Head
- Flash Step
- Power Incontinence: When corrupted, she doesn't have a good handle on her electricity-based powers and occasionally shocks things by accident.
- Ruins of the Modern Age / Scenery Gorn: Her secondary powers when corrupted essentially creates this, making buildings and such into decrepit versions of themselves.
- Safety in Indifference: As soon as she comes to the realization that Ryan may be long gone by now, she stops resisting her corrupted impulses and goes on to bringing everything to ruin.
- Shock and Awe: Her primary power.
- Slasher Smile
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
- What the Hell, Hero?: Is on the receiving end of this since she constantly leaves her Host, Ryan, for an indefinite amount of time.
- Wrench Wench
- "I guess it helps cheer you up by just to be nice to others! To make another smile is the best feeling in the whole world~!"
Blog can be found here. Main format is text replies, but drawn responses happen as well.