The many faces of End Run.
NOTE: Bear in mind that (with the exception of a few characters deliberately created to be villains) End Run tends to operate on a Good vs. Good structure - most characters are sympathetic to their own side, so try to avoid using antagonist tropes where you can (or at least, make sure you add in something for balance).
- Alphabetize your tropes please.
- Keep any additional notes concise and informative. Humor accepted, but limit rambling.
Kanto Minister Of Defense
Kanto's newly elected Minister of Defence. Originally a first lieutenant in the Kanto Military; generally good-tempered, but not a little condescending at times.
- Annoying Laugh, ahaha.
- Career-Ending Injury - the reason for her turn to politics.
- Iron Lady
- Power Hair
- Realpolitik - Basically her entire justification for Kanto's war.
- Sword Cane - Her Weapon of Choice now that she isn't on active duty.
Kanto Minister Of Foreign Affairs
Kanto Brigadier General
Kanto Air Force General
Kanto Navy Captain
Kanto Special Operations
Kanto Science and Research Department
Kanto Military Police
Kanto Medical Captain
Johto Minister of Defense
A veteran of the first war and well-known as Johto's 'Winter Fox'. Enjoys a good spot of table-flipping and has an unhealthy obsession with his Beartic, Vladimir.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Had a child's pool set up in his office for his Vaporeon. Brings his Beartic to the movies.
- Hot-Blooded: Had a chart dedicated to the art of table flipping
- Large Ham
- Powerful Pick: His weapon of choice.
- Silver Fox
- Nice Hat: One that gets stolen often.
Johto Brigadier General
Cold, tough and no-nonsense, he directly contrasts Rommel's boisterousness with crisp formalism and an unrelenting dedication to his work. His wife, Melody Johansson defected to the Rogues.
- Captain Smooth and Sergeant Rough
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Not Good with People
- No Sense of Humor
- The Stoic
Johto Air Force Brigadier
Johto Naval Commander
Johto Special Operations
Joan Robin Macbeth
Johto Science and Research Department
Johto Military Police
Gwen C. Clement
- A Taste of the Lash: His favored form of punishment. Dealt out as often as possible.
- Break the Badass
- Lack of Empathy
- Politically Incorrect Villain
Johto Medical Captain
Johto Right-Hand Medic
Johto Communications Officer
Once the head of Kanto's forces, her defection came as a surprise during the Invasion of Ecruteak where she denounced the war and created the Rogues who would support neither side in their fight. She aims for a better understanding between human and Pokemon through peace.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Hides the nature her job from her husband with the pretext of running a cupcake delivery service and is not above dragging every single soldiers into the charade when he visits.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Her uniform includes a bow.
- Lady of War
- Rebel Leader
- You Cannot Kill An Idea
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters
Rogue Special Operations
Rogue Chief Medic
Rogue Right-Hand Medic
Ada 'Honeybee' Sanger
A veteran of the first war who came out of retirement and aims to protect the younger generation.
- Be All My Sins Remembered: Cited as the reason he remains unmarried.
- Coat Cape
- Dynamic Entry: Every. Damn. Round.
- Eye Patch Of Power: During missions.
- Large Ham: Majored in Rousing Speeches. With honors.
- Living Legend: The Roaring Arcanine
- Rated M for Manly: Practically seeping out of his pores.
Amelia 'Nathan' Kalili
- Sanity Slippage: Since the defection of her friends to the Rogues.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Takes on her brother's identity.
Chase AusterbyCreator: Vhu
Mirela GryCreator: Snapshotdicer
- Good Is Not Nice
- Momentof Weakness: Round 4 Part 1
- Not So Different: Her relationship with Dais
- You Say Tomato: Her accent. Ex: She can't say 'six' because it sounds like 'sex'
Elliot DapperCreator: This Idiot
Kathleen Mc Grath
Mortimer TylerCreator: Silver5
- Determinator - He's getting to Rommel, one way or the other
Mc Kenzie ThatcherCreator: Colatechi
- Hospital Hottie
- Sweet Tooth: Cookies.
- Team Mom
- The Medic
- Vitriolic Best Buds - with Perry.
- Morality Pet - Friends with fellow medic/mentor/Defrosting Ice Queen Marcus Richter.
Phyllis PerkinsCreator: RoguishLoaf
Malcolm AlvandCreator: Vhu
Tryn Van GyselCreator: This Idiot
Iris Le Marc
- Fortune Teller / Phony Psychic: Subverted, while she's a well-trained body language reader, she's far from unscrupulous.
- It comes from being a Circus Brat.
Margaret 'Mag' Gables
Rory Mc Clain
The archetypal angry Scot, he was divorced from his wife shortly before the war and currently serves Johto as part of the Air Force. Has a six-year old son.
- Ace Pilot
- Berserk Button
- Brave Scot
- Carpet of Virility: Has been mistaken for a dead animal on his chest more than once.
- Heartbroken Badass
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Mathis Montague, until R3.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Papa Wolf: Don't touch his kid unless you want a fist down your throat.
- Sir Swearsalot
- Violent Glaswegian
- I Can Still Fight!: To Brigadier Valerian Skybreeze after the loss of his eye.
Tobias 'Toby' Crouch
- Gun Nut: Often found polishing one of these even though they no longer work.
- Mama Bear
- Sensual Slavs
- Brainy Brunette: He's a doctor, and a psychiatrist. Bonus points for having glasses and being a history buff.
- Cool Horse: More like a FLAMING Clydesdale horse. Celsius is one intimidating pony.
- City of Canals: Hails from Alto Mare and speaks Venetian.
- Everything Sounds Sexier In Italian
- Foreign-Language Tirade: Because English isn't expressive enough!
- Florence Nightingale Effect: His relationship with Ivy.
- Hospital Hottie
- I Kiss Your Hand: He's one smooth operator.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Real Men Cook: Want some handmade Italian chow? Cannelloni? Spaghetti? Carbonara? He has it covered.
- Specs of Awesome
Heiress to the Devon Corporation. The public backlash for posing in a recruitment poster without joining the war, coupled with her father's failing business, prompts her to enter the war effort.
- Daddy's Girl
- Dating What Daddy Hates / Overprotective Dad: Ohhhh boy. First it was Alistair Landon, and now Alexander Bacciarelli. Daddy approves of neither.
- (At least not yet.)
- Disability Superpower: Her arm can't move unless it's covered by her Beldum, fortunately, he makes a very interesting buckler and punches with the strength of a Take-Down attack.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Her team is exclusively Steel-type.
- Large Ham: STATEMENT: HER BELDUM TALKS IN NOTHING BUT CAPS. FOR HE IS THE BRAAAAINIAC!!!
- Mad Inventor's Beautiful Daughter
- Shout-Out: Her 'infamous' Let's Do It! Poster◊ is a homage to the J Howard Miller's 'We Can Do It!' poster.
- A meta example: The Devon Corp exists in-game.
- Spoiled Sweet
- I Am Very British: Has a Londoner's RP accent. Her father's a Quintessential British Gentleman, complete with tea-drinking habits.
- The Ingenue
Lorelei 'Lulu' Alhambra
Rosetta MontagueCreator: Icytemporalist
- Deadpan Snarker: Even more so since Regulus (Rosetta's Lucario) joined the team.
- Embarrassing First Name: It's actually Samantha.
- Eyes of Gold: (R7) Turns out she's quite the devout follower of Rayquaza.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Aerfen Fflamddwyn (her Salamence) = IRE ven FLAM thwin, not AIR-fen Flam-d-dwin.
- Kangaroos Represent Australia: Word of God says Regulus has Kangaskhan ancestry because Rosetta wasn't 'Aussie enough'.
- Love Across Battlelines: With Daniel Streak.
- Machine Empathy
- Never Bareheaded: Subverted, a recent update to her app art includes a picture her not wearing her hat.
- Patriotic Fervor: For Hoenn to an alarming degree. It's worthwhile to note she's a member of the Hoennian Air Force, rather than anything Johto.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Ivy Devon's Red.
- As they're both mechanics, Rosetta's the one firmly grounded in by-the-book procedures and takes her job much more seriously.
- Wrench Wench: Though calling her "Spanner" a "Wrench" can be a Berserk Button. See also: British English with a dash of Aussie colloquialisms.
Galahad AcharyaAn idealistic priest hailing from Hoenn who hopes to bring god a little closer to his flock.
- Actual Pacifist
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Been having "visions" in the form of nightmares since R3.
- Good Shepherd: Chaplain to Johto's military.
- Mad Oracle
'Captain' E.T. CrowleyCreator: TheCrowchan
A landlocked smuggler in Goldenrod City.
- A Pirate 400 Years Too Late: (Although the amount of actual PIRATING that ends up getting done is up for debate.)
- Bad-Guy Bar: The Vile Plume is one of these, but it's largely the Captain's fault, as the other bar patrons seem friendly enough, if lazy and gullible.
- Bar Brawl: A drunken combination of Kung-Shui and Wrestler in All of Us, since she seems less concerned with who she's fighting with, and more about breaking things and making a mess.
- Cargo Ship: The Captain's sole canon ship is with Queen Roxie's Revenge, a fishing boat.
- Cute Mute: Torgo, the Captain's Ekans, who communicates mostly through pantomime and woobie facial expressions.
- Cigar Chomper
- Drowning My Sorrows / I Need a Freaking Drink
- Fan of Underdog: Sergei Ruchkin went from boogeyman to Memetic Badass to Truman Show for everybody in the Vile Plume.
- Grumpy Old Pirate / Hates Everyone Equally: Sort of. She hangs out with soldiers, idolizes a cavalryman from an opposing nation, and seems to get along with people one-on-one, but hates the war for spoiling her business model, hates Johto for taking her boat, and hates Kanto for moving into Goldenrod when she had important drinking to do.
- Lady Drunk: If only because a Hard-Drinking Party Girl probably wouldn't get into quite so many barfights.
- Team Pet: Torgo's become a kind of mascot to the macho, quarrelsome, bunch occupying the Vile Plume, and the Captain is especially fond of him.
Once a Johto citizen, he enlisted as a Kanto soldier to escape the law in his own homeland, until a change of heart brings him over to the Rogues.
- Action Mom
- Badass Longcoat: She's had it ever since she became part of the Military Police. By now, it really has seen better times.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Deadpan Snarker: Is pretty fond of using sarcasm. She does, however, lose her snarky exterior pretty quickly, the moment one of her various Berserk Buttons are pushed.
- Defector from Decadence: From her own point of view. She joined the Rogues' ranks after witnessing POW treaties getting broken left and right. Not to mention her general disenchantment over the whole war and the way it's being handled.
- The Idealist -> Knight In Sour Armor: Started out as the former with a fairly optimistic worldview. As of late, she's been progressively evolving into the latter as she keeps on getting confronted with the ugliest sides of war.
- It Gets Easier: Barbara's still averse to wantonly killing people, but she's starting to lose her reservations about retaliating violently.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Part of her becoming increasingly more cynical.
- Lawful Good -> Chaotic Good: Started out as a pretty straight-laced law woman before she went turncoat.
- Luminescent Blush: Her skin turns into a red, blotchy mess, the more embarrassed or angry she gets. It's not particularly flattering, though.
- Mama Bear: Barbara might have left her home and family behind, but she's still likely to snap at anyone to speak ill of her kids.
- The Masochism Tango: Pretty much sums up her entire "relationship" with Damiano. Least to say, it's not a healthy one. Nope.
- Waistcoat of Style: Starts wearing a green one after defecting from the M.P.
- Your Cheating Heart: She already had a fling with a certain Italian before she broke off her relationship with Achim.
- Youthful Freckles: Many of them. Barbara's practically covered in freckles from head to toe.
Ciel LetheCreator: Yuriakashu
- Buccaneer Broadcaster
- Fingerless Gloves
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Geek Physiques: The skinny kind, not the other. Still can't do push-ups.
- How Do I Shot Web?: Shenanigans with psychic powers include accidentally reading minds and scrap parts flying randomly about.
- Second Hour Superpower: Finding out he's a psychic.
- The Philosopher
- Beware the Nice Ones:
- Blood Brothers: With Joshua Imala.
- Cool Shades: After joining the Rogues.
- Dual Wielding : One machete isn't enough for this guy.
- Easily Forgiven: This kid has the patience of a SAINT.
- Far East: Sevii Islands. Close enough.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Dangling hairs.
- Love Across Battlelines: With Rosetta Montague.
- Scarf Of Asskicking
A Blackthorn City native tossed into the Johto Army to keep him off the streets, until he defects to the Rogues.
Joshua ImalaCreator: White-Rabbitgirl
A Unovan-born native whose wanderlust lands him up in the hands of Johto's authority who press him into conscription. Originally part of the Johto Army, defected after watching his squad kill off one of their own.
- Beware the Nice Ones: About as unassuming as they can get. Then he takes up his spade. And introduces you to a sand hippo and a fire Yeti.
- Big Brother Instinct : Strives to protect his younger brother from the horrors of war even if it kills him.
- Blood Brothers: With Daniel Streak.
- Fantastically Indifferent: Nothing seems to surprise him anymore.
- Fire-Forged Friends
- Fish out of Water: Was formerly a traveler on a walkabout in Johto's mountains before being forcefully conscripted into their ranks.
- I Gave My Word
- Must Make Amends: The belief that he inadvertently broke their family apart.
- Shovel Strike
- Teach Him Anger: Slowly becoming one of the more aggressive rogues as the war goes on.
- Technical Pacifist : Don't worry. You'll just be in a world of pain.
An illegal immigrant and game warden on the run from his family in Sinnoh, he takes up residence in Johto just in time to become embroiled in the war. Originally conscripted to the Air Force, he defected to the Rogues after debating the morality of either side after the Siege of Undella.
- Badass Longcoat: As part of his transformation into a Rogue
- Big Brother Instinct: On the run from his family in Sinnoh to protect his sister. The Rogues offering her protection also played a part in his defection.
- Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey: Averted. Prone to Chronic Hero Syndrome.
- Chef of Iron: Together with Frederik Curtsinger rescued Johto soldiers from the horror of mess hall meals.
- Cool Shades
- Cosmic Plaything : More like the cosmic 'chew toy'.
- Friend to All Living Things: Even by Rogue standards.
- Genius Book Club: Les Miserables and the works of Thomas Aquinas to be specific. The second more often during his time in the Rebellion.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Sees absolutely nothing wrong with Johann and sticks with Rory despite spates of physical abuse.
- Mr. Fanservice. Scars? Check. Accent? Check. When not donning chic uniforms can often be found shirtless or swathed in bandages or both. Liberally.
- Nice Hat: In both his Johto Air Force and Rogue uniforms.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Demisexuality does this to a man.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With Rory Mc Clain. He plays the Blue.
- Right-Hand Hottie: To Jane after his defection. Comes with reading glasses and clipboard.
- Stepford Smiler: Constantly as a coping mechanism more than anything else.
- The Idealist: Black Sheep of the family? Forced into conscription? Almost killed by your closest friend? All is good—things will turn out somehow.
- The Unfavorite
- We Used to Be Friends: With Rory.
Marco RenarioCreator: BlackCalico
An Unovan-born man who illegally immigrated over to Johto when he was a young man to escape the grasp of the local Mafia. Not only did he get caught up with another Mafia by complete accident, he somehow got himself recruited into the Johto military as a special ops sniper until he went turncoat.
- Animal Motifs: Alda, the Furret with a permanent place on his shoulders.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Before he went Rogue (and likely after the war is over), wasn't seen without a tie at the least.
- Bad Dreams
- Fedora of Asskicking: What's Mafia without a fedora?
- The Mafia: It would be a secret if everyone hadn't figured it out on their own (albeit jokingly)
- Neighborhood Friendly Gangsters
- Not So Stoic
- We Used to Be Friends - with Hannah.
"Frog" Conrad Montague, Rosetta's Brother
- Amnesiacs Are Innocent
- Olympic Swimmer: Though not quite to the point where Water Is Air.
- Broken Bird
- Crusading Widow
- Death Glare
- Disproportionate Retribution - most notably with Malcolm. He made jokes at her expense. She sold his kidney.
- Living Emotional Crutch / The Lost Lenore - her husband, Alistair.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni - with Malcolm.
- Spock Speak
- We Used to Be Friends - with Risa.
LiadanThe Rogues' camp cook as well as mother figure to several of the men. Lost her husband in the first war and her youngest son recently on the frontlines.
Nathaniel ImalaJoshua Imala's younger brother. He left the safety of Unova after the events of Undella bay in an attempt to search for Joshua which led him to the rogues.
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- Driven by Envy : Tired of being overshadowed by his older brother.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling
- Momma's Boy : Pretty much denies this fact.