Ok. So I should describe myself here
Me In Tropes:
- Affably Evil: Not really evil just more or less a selfish bastard (what level I can be considered a Jerk with a Heart of Gold is debatable), but I tend to be underestimated because of my apparent "niceness". I call it "habitual kindness".
- Big Fun: Yes. I'm obese and "nice" and fun and lovable if you give me a chance. (I can turn into a Fat Bastard if you manage to convince me that it's futile to be nice to you... precisely one person succeeded to do this since I'm considered an adult: my ex-boss).
- Brutal Honesty: Truth sets you free even if it hurts like hell. I see some use in little white lies, but nothing more, lying about things that you can't keep in secret (and people almost always overestimate their ability) is disaster waiting to happen. ... I'm quite capable of "truth bending" when I really WANT to hurt someone though.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: The core tenet of my whole belief system. (Yes. To the Gods Need Prayer Badly extreme. I'm agnostic about the question of a creator or supreme god outside these frames. See also: Who Writes This Crap?!)
- Cloudcuckoo Lander: I'm a professed Discordian. Sanity is overrated.
- deviantART: I have an account (Yes. I'm the idiot doing the Hungarian translation of Roommates and Girls Next Door)
- Down in the Dumps: I grew up in a scrapyard (my mothers workplace). SCRAPYARDS ARE AWESOME! You wouldn't believe the awesome stuff some people throw away. If someone ever asks me "Where do you get all those wonderful toys?" chances are from the trash. (Almost all my clothing at least and I don't look like a Rummage Sale Reject.)
- Even Evil Has Standards. I could easily pirate proprietary software, I just feel it's not right if it's not at least 3 but preferably 5 years old. I don't download movies either before entering syndication so I could also "tape" them.
- As general rule: If I can get it legally I'll get it that way (or NOT at all) except if I can get legally AND free but the not so legal alternative gives me better quality... if I CAN'T get it legally: It's free game.
- So: I'm a Linux user out of monetary and moral reasons and Freeware / Abandon Ware / Emulation / Open Source Software supporter.
- Fangirl: I have an unhealthy obsession with:
- Fan of Underdog: I'm a Fan Fic / Fan-Art enthusiast. Even if it's bad it's yours, you're at least creating something! That's more than most people can say about themselves. DON'T GIVE UP! (I also routinely test read. I know PAIN and I still support you!)
- Gamer Chick: Sadly one with under-average skill level. But I like to game...
- Glurge Addict / Nightmare Fetishist: Yes. Both. Either it Tastes Like Diabetes or Causes Nightmares I'll probably like it, if it has self-referential themes or is weird even better. OK. I can only tolerate Stupidity and/or Gorn (it isn't scary nor interesting it's boring... and disgusting but that's beside the point) in small amounts. I also have a thing for Apocalypses.
- Grey and Gray Morality: Black and white doesn't exist in moral questions. I can even sympathize more with Blue And Orange than Black And White in this question. In my personal opinion and experience only those people deal in moral absolutes who want to feel morally superior (I never met anybody with this type of thinking who cast himself on the Black sidenote ), doesn't put effort in thinking about moral questions at all or who doesn't really believes in it but sees its inherent potential for manipulation.
- Humans Are Flawed: I believe in this... also every creature is flawed. Even the perfect ones are perfectly annoying.
- Hungaran: Yes. And proud of it... but I'm not prone to Misplaced Nationalism.
- Kindhearted Catlover: Maybe even Crazy Cat Lady in beginning stages...
- Meaningful Name: Did I mentioned that I named myself after a Super Villain? Malitia is an alternative spelling of Malicia which in turn was the Hungarian name of the X-Men villainess Malice (she was one of the Marauders, and Demonic Possession was her main game)... Yeah. I can be a Manipulative Bitch.
- Happened when I entered college and had to choose a nickname for IRC (in 1998). That was the first year I ever saw that weird thing called The Internet. So nostalgic.
- Ninja Editor: I do this depressingly often, but at least don't tend to troll with it.
- One True Pairing: I ridiculously ship Mr. King / Mrs. Norrington. Aren't they just adorable? ❤.❤ A Mayfly December - December December couple that also subverts most romance tropes and is a Deconstruction of Paranormal Romance as a genre in general. (Magnificent Bastard + The Gadfly = mindgames guaranteed; Angst averted.)
- For a MUCH lesser extent I also ship Jareth / Sarah and Erik / Mag.
- Proud to Be a Geek: And how.
- Sad Clown: This is an improvement, in my childhood and part of teen years I was a Stepford Smiler because Kids Are Cruel (with my background I was pretty much a designated target. Not to mention my Shrinking Violet tendencies because already noticed how strange I was ... I grew out of it trough a Snark Knight period) and probably also Creepy Child for those people who think that Loners Are Freaks and find Troubling Unchildlike Behavior creepy.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Donut. So much it's my default greeting entering some chatrooms.
- Troper Demographics: Subverted. I'm female and older than the average...
- Old enough to remember the fall of the Berlin wall and even the first satellite and/or cable TV channels here (mostly German free broadcast ones)... So I'm in my thirties.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: I consider my fluent Tropese a legitimate language skill.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: I say or at least think this an awful lot... I also tend to wonder Who Would Want to Watch Us?. Thanks to teenage depression when I reached full solipsism and even more by questioning my own and the worlds reality / fictionality around the age of 16... I solved this with reaching enlightenment (or maybe I went even more crazynote ).
- You could say the inept storytelling is my best argument against an omnipotent writer (creator god) ... I could still see an omnipotent amoral trickster doing it For the Lulz though, or imagine that I and all people I know are just background color.
- I also like Metafiction. A lot.
- Zombie Advocate: To be precise "Intelligensmosópor-jogi aktivista" word by word "Intelligent Washing Powder Rights Activists" but more focused on the meaning "Intelligent Molecule Rights Activists". I said that I'm a Cloudcuckoo Lander. Click here to explain the joke
- Dysfunctional Family: And how... It's at the end because nobody's really interested.