aka: Narrative Overdeities And Greater Gods
Narrative, Storytelling and Tropes This house is commissioned by O-Haruhi-sama as a big library where stories are told from everyone's perspectives (including her own). It connects in the middle with the Houses of Magic and Knowledge. Some of their residents used to belong in the House of Theater as a result of the separation. The Book of Trope is localized right here.
- Character Roles
- Character Writing
- Naming Tropes
- Narrative Structure
- Specialized Narratives
- Writing Techniques
open/close all folders
The Storytelling PreservatorsThese are the guardians of the House of Narrative.
Haruhi Suzumiya, Goddess of Tropes (The Unstoppable Force, O-Haruhi-sama)
- Theme Music: Hare Hare Yukai.
- Symbol: SOS Dan Logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Tropes, Genki Girls, Being the Girl Goddess, Aliens and Monsters, Academic Athletes, Psionics, Time Travelers, Mutable Hairstyles, Defrosting Ice Queens, Altering Reality, She's Got Legs, Abrasive Yet Secretly Kind-Hearted People, Black Comedy Molestation, Tsunderes, Sweet Girls in Sour Uniforms, Friends to all Children, Deconstructed God Mode.
- Domains: Creation, Chaos, Charm, Destruction, Envy, Mentalism, Tyranny, Resetting the Status Quo.
- Followers: Minori Kushieda, Troy Barnes.
- Extremely Complicated Relationship with: The Spy
- Enemies: Yui Ikari.
- Much like how the Roman pantheon absorbed those around it, if a fictional group believe in a supreme creator, they're probably thinking about Haruhi.
- Probably Not Kyon's girlfriend.
- A good friend of Adam Young, much to the dismay of Heaven and Hell.
- Some sects believe Haruhi's position rightfully belongs to Sasaki. But since Sasaki herself does not desire this or any other position in the pantheon, this would be a moot heresynote . Likewise, another group of schismatics believe Kyon is the true God of Tropes. He pretends not to hear them.
- Haruhi always keeps her trusty Reset Button, which has caused Status Quo Is God numerous times, such as how Shinji Ikari's moments of happiness get cut short from her pressing it.
- That is until an enrage Yui Ikari stormed through the Main House and almost killed her. Even though she didn't succeed, Yui did destroy the Reset Button, freeing her son.
- She is considered to be the greatest shipmaster in the Pantheon. Many gods have been traumatized as a result.
- She is responsible for revealing the Spy inside the Main House and as a result, allowed him to stay but is forced to follow her while doing so.
- She may have a bit of an ego, but deep down she does care about those around her. Unless you're her enemy.
- Also has a spot in the Main House.
Terry Pratchett, God of Trope Identificationnote (Pterry, Professor Sir Terence David John Pratchett OBE, DLit, DLit, DLit, DLit, DLit, Blackboard Monitor)
- Symbol: Four giant elephants standing atop an extremely giant turtle
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Subversions, Deconstructions, Lampshade Hangings, Justifications
- Domains: Creation, Death, Trickery
- Followers: Gilgamesh (The Epic of Gilgamesh), Akira Takano (School Rumble), Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer! (Girl Genius), Thursday Next
- Rivals: Tarquin thinks he's this. He's never really caught on to why Pterry plays with tropes just for the fun in identifying them, not for gaining power and undying fame through controlling them. Tarquin really doesn't get the point of being a Bard at all. Which is one reason it really isn't a rivalry, beyond the massive power difference between them and Pterry not even being bothered in the least by a Wrong Genre Savvy Big Bad Wannabe.
- Created the Theory of Narrative Causality, the principle which ALL fictional realities have to one degree or another.
- Shed his mortal coil in 12 March 2015 so he could dedicate more time to the fabric of narrativenote itself. According to the Theory of Narrative Causality, this automatically earned him a promotion to Overdeitynote .
- As a tribute to Terry Pratchett, the Radiant and the Dire Ancients decided to put their differences aside for a while to create a new artifact with some help from the Discworld. The Octarine Core. From this day forth, heroes of both the Radiant and the Dire sides may build it to show their gratitude for Terry.
- Also has seats on the Main House and the House of Philosophy.
Gen Urobuchi, God of Deconstruction (Urobutcher, Gen The Butcher)
- Lesser God
- Symbol: The "Love" kanji in his shirt.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Massive Body Count On His Shows, Deconstructions, Yuri Genre Enthusiasts, Trolling Creators, Darker and Edgier Cosmic Horror Stories, True Art Is Angsty, Being One of Us.
- Domains: Anime and Manga, Character Deaths, Deconstruction.
- Allies: H. P. Lovecraft, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Shotaro Ishinomori.
- Saya no Uta: Fuminori Sakisaka, Saya.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi, Sayaka Miki, Kyoko Sakura, Mami Tomoe, Charlotte the Dessert Witch and her human form Nagisa Momoe, Kyubey and the Incubators.
- Psycho-Pass: Akane Tsunemori, Shogo Makishima.
- Kamen Rider Gaim: Kouta Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim, Kaito Kumon/Kamen Rider Baron, Mitsuzane Kureshima/Kamen Rider Ryugen, Mai Takatsukasa, Takatora Kureshima/Kamen Rider Zangetsu (Shin), Hideyasu Jonouchi/Kamen Rider Gridon, Oren Pierre Alfonzo/Kamen Rider Bravo, Zack/Kamen Rider Knuckle, Yoko Minato/Kamen Rider Marika, Ryoma Sengoku/Kamen Rider Duke, Lock Dealer Sid/Kamen Rider Sigurd, Kogane/Kamen Rider Mars.
- Fanboying Towards: Kotaro Minami/Kamen Rider Black (RX).
- Many Deities are impressed that his involvement on Puella Magi Madoka Magica is the reason why his underlings ascended to the Pantheon in first place.
- He's impressed that most of the Armored Riders of Zawame joined to the ranks of the Pantheon, which is pretty meaningful, since Urobuchi is a Kamen Rider fan too.
- After the "Great Upheaval" unfolded, Urobuchi was the first one everyone blamed. To everyone's shock, he WASN'T behind it.
- In hindsight, of course he wasn't, there were nowhere near enough deaths in it.
- He used to occupy the throne of Massive Casualties in the House of Life and Death, but was swiftly booted from his position following The Great Upheaval: not only did all five of the main characters survived, he managed to resurrect a sixth one. He was replaced by Yoshiyuki Tomino (the Trope Namer, who was finally compelled to take the job after months of negotiating to keep his damn mecha pilots in line) and reassigned to this position, as his ability to deconstruct genres are second to none.
- Has a Reality Marble known as Dead End Catharsis: Heaven & Hell Drop, which lowers the luck of all characters in his stories by one rank. Urobuchi's ascension to the Pantheon allowed it to affect any character. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
- Has learned of the problems caused by both Kureshima brothers, aka "Project: Alternate Gentaro", but has decided to watch everything unfold, trusting that whoever is writing the story knows what they are doing. He did feel sympathy for Takatora (who is currently stuck under a Mind Rape in the asylum), and felt slightly creeped out at what happened to Mitsuzane (his head sliced off and stuffed into his stomach), but knows that the truth will come to light. He just hopes that none of the other Gaim gods get into any more trouble—he's already having enough with the Great Upheaval and Pantheonic Rebellion as it was!
- For the longest time, his and several of his underlings' followers fought over a seemingly endless debate. Eventually, he got tired of it and staked his claim: "Homura is Best Girl." While many were happy to hear his opinion, many started to foam at the mouth because of what he said.
The Snarl, Tangle of the Threads of Reality
- Eldritch Abomination
- Symbol: A tangled mass of multicolored string.
- Alignment: Chaotic Omnicidal
- Portfolio: Continuity Snarl.
- Domain: Destruction, Chaos.
- The Snarl allegedly arises from the confusion of what trolls are, among other things. However, closer examination has been met with more questions than answers...
- After centuries in the void, the Snarl has shown itself in the Order of the Stick universe. While none of the gods from there know about its appearance yet, the leaders of all four teams, as well as the Trinity, are all concerned due to its ability to erase souls.
- Lord English has found out about the Snarl and is going to try to bend it to his will to wreak havoc on the Pantheon. If he succeeds, the Pantheon will be in danger.
Tony Schiavone, Master of Hyperbole
- The Greatest God in the history of the Pantheon!
- Symbol: The WCW Monday Nitro Logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Hyperbole, Two and Three-Announcer Teams, Shocking Swerves.
- Domains: Theater, Competition, Temptation.
- Former Superior: Vince Russo.
- Opposed by: Jim Ross.
- As an announcer, Schiavone never directly gets involved in any of the numerous fights that take place in the Pantheons. Instead, he offers his insights on the action alongside a jolly fat guy and a former manager who actually knows what he's doing. Schiavone is also incredibly easy to please, as evidence by his overwhelmingly positive review of a match between Iron Chef Morimoto and a bale of hay, which ended in a time-limit draw.
- He's indirectly responsable for the ascension of Mick Foley. This is his response:
Schiavone: Ha! That's gonna put some butts in the seats, heh.