open/close all folders
Relationship Status: The ladies love me!! Especially Nikki.
Jobs: Currently unemployed, but I have a very colorful resume!
Interests: Chicks, hockey, partying, football
Favorite Quotations: "Basically, I rule."
"I'm the top scorer on the varsity hockey team and I speak fluent Spanish, but chicks are my speciality. Some might call me a slacker. Personally, I think I'm just too free-spirited to tie myself down with things like jobs, or homework, or a committed relationship. Gotta play the field, dude!"
Voiced by: Terry McGurrinJonesy's a popular, good-looking, confident and loyal guy. He's the social director of the group, but he's not the most responsible guy; in fact, he's got a knack for getting fired from EVERY job he manages to land at the mall. His interests can be summed up in two words: HOCKEY and CHICKS! He's a popular, pathologically confident, good-looking guy who gets invited to all the parties and who's probably going peak in High School. But for someone who's so totally into chasing girls he's got a pretty low success rate with the ladies. There's one lady who's totally got his number, though, and that's Nikki. Jonesy loves to spar with her and their love/hate relationship could turn into romance one day. If they don't kill each other first...Jonesy is lazy (even lazier than Wayne), smug, narcissistic, and persistent. He enjoys sports, chasing after beautiful women, and formulating get-rich-quick schemes, but is also prone to deviousness, arrogance, selfishness, male chauvinism, bragging, and dishonesty (nowhere near as dishonest as Tricia), though he cares deeply for his friends and puts their needs before his own. This implies that he is nowhere near as selfish as Tricia. Rather impressionable, he is easily fooled, like when his friends scared him out of skydiving with their stories of jumps gone awry. Jonesy also thinks that he can speak Spanish fluently, although his Spanish is poor according to Nikki and thinks that 47 is the answer to everything.
- Afraid of Blood: He has hemophobia (a fear of blood) after a traumatic nosebleed experience.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Nikki.
- Chick Magnet: Though this doesn't mean the attraction will always stick.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Nikki—they've known each other since Kindergarten and it was mentioned in one episode (before they became an Official Couple) that he's had romantic feelings for Nikki since they were in 9th-grade.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's constantly saracstic.
- Even the Guys Want Him: The Gay Cowboy!
- Everyone Has Standards: As obsessed with "scoring" with girls as he is, even he seems disgusted by the antics of Kyle "Dirty" Donaldson.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: With Jen—Jonesy's dad and Jen's mom hooked up at one point and got married in "The Wedding Destroyers."
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: As stepsiblings, Foolish to Jen's Responsible.
- George Jetson Job Security: He gets fired from his job almost Once an Episode, but usually has new job by the next episode.
- Heterosexual Life-Partner: With Jude.
- High School Hustler: Whenever he's not on a job he's about to be fired from, Jonesy comes up with "get rich quick" schemes, which often fail.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The huge guy to Nikki's Tiny Girl (he's the tallest of the group while she's the shortest).
- Jerk Jock: He is the star player for his high school hockey team. As for the "jerk," he's usually more obnoxious than mean.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Yes, he can be pretty obnoxious, but all of his pranks are in good fun and he does have a softer side (for evidence, look no further than "Snow Job").
- Kid-anova: A teenaged, high school-version.
- The Lancer
- Latin Lover: He's half Mexican from his dad's side (and half Filipino from his mom's side).
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Jonesy's as girl-crazy as his Caitlin is boy-crazy (at least until Nikki became his girlfriend).
- Mr. Fanservice: He has been seen shirtless, in his underwear, and even naked on a few occasions.
- Marilyn Maneuver: In one episode, he works at a place which has him in a kilt. This trope and the fact that he wasn't wearing underwear when pulling this trope is why he got fired.
- The McCoy: Among the boys, he's the most impulsive.
- Narcissist: Very fond of bragging about his looks.
- One Head Taller: As previously mentioned, Jonesy's the tallest of the main six—Nikki in particular barely comes up to his shoulders.
- The Prankster: He enjoys pulling pranks on his brothers, their stepsisters and his friends.
- Running Gag: In practically every episode, Jonesy would get hired for a job, then fired by episode's end for whatever reason. The shortest time was ten minutes after flirting with his then employer's daughter.
- Signature Laugh: Jonesy's laugh is very distinct.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: With Nikki.
- Verbal Tic: Jonesy tends to over-emphasize his T's when he talks.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Black is his natural hair color, but he's dyed it to have a bluish tint.
Codename: Hang Ten.
Relationship Status: singin' and minglin' with the dudettes!
Jobs: Stick-It kebab-master, zamboni driver (keepin' it chill, bro), Underground Video video-master.
Interests: skateboarding, fountain diving, my skateboard Sally, hockey, the Might Weasels
Favorite Quotations: "eternity is just a state of mind." "the best glimpse of paradise is in that second before you bail." "life is like a skateboard park, and the dudes and chicks are merely skaters."
"I'm a proud member of the Mall's Most Wanted list and I'm a man of few words, dude."
Voiced by: Christian PotenzaJude is into living life large. If it's extreme, he's done it or it's on his to-do list. He's always positive and mellow and his laid-back attitude is totally contagious, the perfect combo of cool, sweet and strangely confident. Jude has a super-short attention span and he'll often check out of a conversation because he's bored. The only things he takes seriously are his friends, skateboarding and his job at Stick It, where you can get different food on a stick every day. He's pretty certain this was the job he was born to have, and he doesn't want to mess it up. For some reason, Jude is the one who everyone trusts with their secrets...even though he's not very good at keeping them.Jude is easily excited and unpredictable. On the surface, he does not appear to take anything seriously, but finds unique ways of dealing with everyday problems. He tends to approach things at a slow, suitable pace, and gives names to inanimate objects that he cherishes, such as his skateboard, "Sally". Jonesy describes him as one who "takes weird to a whole new level".While speaking to people, Jude usually addresses them as "dude" or "bro" in reference to males, and "dudette" or "bra" in reference to females or calling everyone as a whole "dudes". He exhibits Type B personality
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Jonesy has more than once (unknowingly) hit on Jude when the latter disguises himself as a girl.
- Beyond the Impossible: He can get a tan from the mall's florescent lights. His explanation: "The key to a good va-cay is all in the mind." Nikki shouted how impossible this was but the tan was there so there wasn't much she could do about it.
- Companion Cube: He has a habit of getting attached to random objects, like Betty the massage chair.
- The Ditz: He's not a particularly good student, and was on the verge of failing all of his classes at one point in time.
- Erudite Stoner: He's like a teenaged version of The Dude.
- Gasshole: The worst offender in the series.
- G-Rated Drug:
- He becomes addicted to coffee more so than Wyatt when he became obsessed with winning something from Grind Me's contest in "Smarten Up". He eventually wins; however, the prize he won was a year's worth of free coffee.
- In "Over Exposed", he is addicted to Burger McFlipster's Ragin' Cajun fries to the point where he eats discarded fries out of the trash can.
- Groin Attack: He has been hit, punched or kicked in the crotch more than any other male character on the show.
- Has a Type: He seems to have a thing for brunettes and redheads.
- The Heart
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Jonesy.
- Informed Judaism: He and his family are Jewish, as he indicates in "How the Rent-A-Cop Stole Christmas" that they celebrate Hanukkah.
- It was revealed in "Bicker Me Not" that Jude's grandparents "were political rebels that went into hiding." This suggests that they lived during the Holocaust, since they were Polish.
- The Kirk: He's much more laid back than Jonesy but still more impulsive than Wyatt.
- Love Hurts: His eventual Star-Crossed Lovers relationship with Starr.
- Also, when he finds out that his mysterious Australian caller got back together with her ex-boyfriend.
- Meaningful Name: Coincidentally, "Jude" is the German word for "Jew," and Jude's presumably Jewish.
- Nice Hat: His toque.
- The Pig Pen: Jude has poor hygiene. He never smells too bad, however. He claims this is due to the "Stink Cycle." Nikki also claims that Jude never bathed much to begin with and has always had a "faint, lingering odor."
- Rousing Speech: He has given them from time to time.
- Surfer Dude: A "Skater Dude" variant, but he does like surfing.
- Sue Donym: Has a handful of disguises that pop up the series every now and then.
- Verbal Tic: "Dude" and either "Bro" for guys and "Bra" for girls.
Codename: Coffee Pot.
Relationship Status: I'm still waiting for the perfect girl.
Jobs: Spin This (Country Music Section), Underground Video and Burger McFlipsters
Interests: Singing, songwriting, playing guitar, poetry the Mighty Weasels, the Jumping Snails (their lyrics are genius!)
Favorite Quotations: "A song I wrote:
My friends will always be around
If they sold coolness by the pound
They'd all be stinkin' rich
Stayin' at Ritz
Guaranteed to get you hoppin'
Need some clothes? They'll take you shoppin'
Or hang out just like this
"I've been playing the guitar since the fourth grade, and some day I'll go big with my music. Actually, I've been told I'm the next Alanis Morissette. I'm not sure how I feel about that."
Voiced by: Jess GibbonsWyatt's the true definition of an old soul. He sees house parties and making out in the movie theatre as strictly "for the cretins." He'd much rather do something cultural. He doesn't mind being different or uncool. He knows his day will come in a few years, when he's in college he'll be the man. Wyatt can play any song on request on his guitar. Wyatt's more well read than his pals, and since he's the 'smart' one, he should know better than to get involved in Jonesy's schemes. But, unfortunately, he's easily talked into anything Jonesy proposes because deep down he totally admires him. Wyatt works at the mall's music store in worst section possible: country music. He doesn't mind all that much, though, because he's totally crushing on his boss, Serena... who's 18! He doesn't love his job but at least he gets discounts on new releases.Wyatt is the typical "nice guy". He has trouble talking to women he finds himself attracted to without the assistance of his friends, and believes in luck.Wyatt is dependent on coffee, and is easily irritated without caffeine in his system. Wyatt also likes to eat sushi even though his friends are disgusted by it. He is also acrophobic (scared of heights) as shown in The Swami episode.
- Alliterative Name: His first and last names both start with "W".
- Amicable Exes: With Marlowe.
- Black and Nerdy: He is well-informed in the areas of history and science.
- Birds of a Feather: With Marlowe.
- Black Best Friend: The only one of the main cast to be of African-descent.
- Bookworm: Among his friends, he's the most well-read.
- Butt Monkey: Comes with being the Only Sane Man in a sitcom.
- Curtains Match the Window: Matching brown hair and eyes.
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially toward Jonesy.
- Dogged Nice Guy: He got dumped by Serena via text message.
- Fanboy: Wyatt is a fan of the bands Simple Plan, Radiohead, and Mighty Weasels.
- Last Girl Wins: Kylie Smiley, although he does have to wait 5 years per her dad's conditions.
- Love Hurts: His break up with Serena in "Going Underground."
- Multicolored Hair: The most downplayed example possible. His dreadlocks are black and brown.
- Must Have Caffeine: He's usually seen with a coffee from Grind Me.
- Neat Freak: One episode involved the guys trying to get him to loosen up.
- Nice Guy: Wyatt is sweet, polite, and even-tempered.
- Only Sane Man: Literally the most normal guy of the gang.
- Rule 63: One-shot girlfriend Lacey in "Quit It" starts off by having a few things in common with Wyatt; however, she progressively becomes an eerily-exact female copy of him, with the same hairstyle, clothes, and guitar. Even the gang confuses her for Wyatt at one point.
- Second Love: Marlowe.
- The Smart Guy
- The Spock: The most cautious and logical one of the three guys.
- Straight Man
Codename: Nose Ring.
Relationship Status: It's Complicated.
Jobs: I sell hideous, preppy clothes at Tacky Barn. Oops, I mean Khaki Barn.
Interests: Individuality, Going against the grain. Thinking outside the box. Independent film. Rebellious rockers. Cargo pants.
Favorite Quotations: "Let me think about it. No."
"I can't stand people who just follow the crowd. Some might call me "no-nonsense." I'd just call it a complete inability to put up with stupidity."
Voiced by: Stacey DePassNikki's a total original with a punk rock edge. She hates everything about "The Clones", the girls she works with at the Khaki Barn who look alike, dress alike and talk alike—but most of all she hates that she's stuck working with them. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything sold at The Khaki Barn, and she's not easily sucked into trends. Nikki's plan is to graduate and travel the world, then settle down someplace far away from a suburban mall. Nikki's the reality check for all of her friends, especially Jonesy, but sometimes she just can't decide if she loves him or hates him.Nikki can be grumpy and she is usually the most sensible among her friends, and is highly individualistic, which puts her at odds with the Khaki Barn's rules and regulations, as the store's philosophy states that individualism is overrated. Often, she will skip out on her duties at work and criticize others for their lack of personal style. Due to corporate brainwashing, she briefly started acting like the Clones after being declared Employee of the Month, but promptly reverted to her former self with the help of her friends. She is also very smart. She dreams of becoming a travel writer. Moves to Iqaluit, Nunavut in the Season 4 Grand Finale, though she still plans to keep in touch with her friends and keeps her relationship with Jonesy intact.
- Adorkable: Sometimes. Most often when around boys she has a crush on. Especially with Stone in the episode Wrestlemania. It's also prominent when she's a sweet girl during her PMS time.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Nikki finds her parents embarrassing, as they wear clothes from the 1970s.
- Badass Adorable: She's the smallest, most petite member of the gang, but threaten her, or her friends, then may god have mercy on your soul.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Brawn.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Jonesy.
- The Big Girl: Class 5.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Brunette.
- Breakout Character
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Jonesy—as mentioned in his entry, they've known each other since Kindergarten and it was mentioned in an early episode that Jonesy's had romantic feelings for Nikki since 9th-grade.
- Cute Bruiser
- Deadpan Snarker
- Even the Girls Want Her: Averted. In the episode Role Reversal, a new Khaki Barn employee named Jean is thought to have a crush on her, but Jean reveals that she actually already has a girlfriend, who turns out to be the drummer in Wyatt's band.
- Girls Love Chocolate: When she's on her period.
- Grumpy Bear
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Tiny Girl to Jonesy's Huge Guy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She can be rough, abrasive and brutally honest (especially towards Caitlin), but she really does care about her friends.
- Only Sane Woman: She's usually the one among the main six with the most common sense.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Nikki's already quite lovely in her grungy outfit, but in the rare times she wears more formal attire, she looks beautiful!
- Shipper on Deck: For Darth/Julie in "Welcome to the Darth Side."
- The Slacker: Doesn't help at all that she hates her job.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: With Jonesy.
- The Snark Knight
- Sneeze of Doom: "The Girls in the Band."
- Surrounded by Idiots: How she views the Clones.
- Teens Are Short: She is the shortest of the main six—the top of her head just barely comes up to Jonesy's shoulders.
- Tomboy: She is more into rock music and doesn't like the color pink or most girly-related things.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She was a closet fan of boy band, Dawg Toy. After Jen and Caitlin found out, Nikki has been more transparent about liking the group.
- Town Girls: The Butch to Jen's Neither and Caitlin's Femme.
- Tsundere: Type A. Becomes more dere whenever she has PMS.
- Tsurime Eyes: Emphasized by her purple eyelashes.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: She's got dyed purple hair with black streaks.
Codename: Jock Strap.
Relationship Status: Sigh. Single.
Jobs: "Assistant Coach" (sales associate) at the Penalty Box sporting goods store.
Interests: Snowboarding, Soccer, Shopping, Making Itineraries, DawgToy.
Favorite Quotations: "Oh, I have the touch! I've turned off TONS of guys before!"
"Sometimes I think I'm the only responsible person...on Earth. I love sports, and some day I'll be Olympic snowboarder. That is, if I can ever get out of the Penalty Box. But I don't think they could run the place without me, so I guess I'll be there forever. So... yeah."
Voiced by: Megan FahlenbockJen's a super-sweet, responsible, determined girl who just happens to be a total tomboy. Jen's known for her ability to beat almost any guy in almost any sport and she's destined to become an Olympic snowboarding champ one day. Jen's the planner of the group and her sports experience makes her a natural born leader and coach. She's quick to offer tips to her pals...even when they don't ask for them. One person who does look up to Jen and takes her advice very seriously is Caitlin, who just happens to be training to fill Jen's old gig at The Big Squeeze.Jen had a crush on Jonesy in the 7th grade, and she had also dreamed about the two of them kissing. This was revealed in the episode "The Journal". However, this has changed now that the two of them are stepsiblings (and the fact that he's dating Nikki). Because she works at a place that sell sports equipment and has an interest in sports (mainly soccer and snowboarding), Ron the "Rent-a-Cop" gave her the nickname "Gym Sock".Jen is responsible, admirable, and committed. She enjoys sports, fantasizing about attractive boys, and planning for the future, but is also prone to nosiness and has a quick temper, traits which have led her friends to regard her as a control freak.
- Academic Athlete: Jen's a top athlete at her school, and it's mentioned that she's a straight-A student as well.
- Author Appeal
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Brains.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Redhead.
- Butt Monkey: A thoroughly beleaguered employee and frequently exposed (in more ways than one).
- Control Freak
- Cool Big Sis: Though her methods don't always work out.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: With Jonesy sometimes.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible to Courtney and their stepbrothers foolish.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Jen had been caught topless at least three times, much to her embarrassment.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Mixed with True Blue Femininity, her hoodie has a bluish-purple color.
- In the Hood: Sometimes pulls up her hood and hides her face in it when embarrassed.
- Jerkass Ball: Not terribly often, but she has her moments. In "The Fake Dade" she was seen not being very nice to Jude when he agreed to be her fake date to get another boy's attention. And she was awfully mean to everyone in "The Wedding Destroyers", to a point where even Nikki told her off on behalf of her callousness.
- Ms. Fanservice: Considering both being seen naked a few times and also a fair share of boys whom flirted with her.
- Nice Girl: While she can get bossy, sexist and nosy at times, Jen's still really nice and deeply cares about her friends and family.
- Naked People Are Funny: Not often, but crops up in a few episodes.
- Only Sane Woman: Shares this role with Nikki.
- Passionate Sports Girl
- Purple Eyes: A somewhat vague lavender.
- Secret Diary
- Shower of Awkward: More than once.
- Team Mom: Especially towards Caitlin.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's kind of an odd mixture between a tomboy and a girly girl. She's really into sports and wants to take up a career in sports, but also enjoys girly things like fashion, shopping and boy bands. Unlike most examples of this trope, however, Jen is more transparent about her girliness.
- Town Girls: The Neither to Caitlin's Femme and Nikki's Butch.
Relationship Status: I'm on the lookout for The One, guys!!!
Jobs: I work at the Big Squeeze. I don't want to talk about it, OK?!!
Interests: Shopping, Fashion, Magazines, Fashion Magazines.
Favorite Quotations: "Good clothing can open doors." ''It's Boy/Girl 101. Men are the hunters, women get the presents."
"I have a lot to offer: My talent with accessories, my "Best Mushy Girl Movies of All Time" DVD collection, my encyclopedic knowledge of all the different shades of pink nail polish... It's like, so unfair that I'm stuck making smoothies!!"
Voiced by: Brooke D'OrsayCaitlin's the newest addition to the tight group of friends. She's spoiled, but she's also sweet, and her friends can't help but love her even though she can be pretty clueless. Caitlin's a girlie-girl to the core, and she's totally boy-crazy to boot. Unfortunately, if a cute guy even LOOKS in her direction, she's bound to do something entirely embarrassing! Caitlin is better equipped to shop at the mall than she is to work at it. Unfortunately, her 'rents have forced her to find a part-time gig in an effort to teach her the value of money. She's convinced they'll let her off the hook and give her back her credit card any day now, though...Caitlin is a shopaholic. She enjoys keeping up with new trends and dating attractive males, but is prone to weakness, distraction, jealousy, and competition. Occasionally, she can be self-centered and shallow (personality traits she has denied having). She describes herself as a "slave to fashion" and a "high maintenance menace", and regards teen magazines as bibles for women. She loves her friends, although she is almost always ready to stand them up for a good sale.
- Alliterative Name: Her first and last names both start with "C".
- Balloon Belly: After getting a job at Chocololic's Anonymous in "Girlie Boys", she eats 6 pounds worth of chocolate a day, and it shows. She doesn't notice her gain until she had difficulty putting on a pair of jeans, and then she went to a gym to lose the weight.
- Badass Adorable: Not quite as badass as Nikki, but just as, if not more, adorable than she is.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Beauty.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted; her mascara always runs when she starts crying.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Blonde.
- Boyish Short Hair: Inverted, in that she is FAR from being a tomboy.
- Cannot Keep a Secret:
- In "Pillow Talk", the gang share their most embarrassing storiesnote , promising to keep the stories only among themselves. However, Caitlin tells her Guy of the Week Dustin every embarrassing story except for hers. When a hypnotist performs at the mall, Dustin inadvertently tells the stories while under hypnosis. The gang gets revenge on Caitlin by making Tricia's "toilet paper tail" video of her viral.
- In "Silent Butt Deadly", she learns of Jude's secret relationship with a senior named Melinda after chasing him down. Jude tells Caitlin not to tell anyone; however, she ends up telling everyone.
- The Chick
- Credit Card Plot: Caitlin's origin story and recurring weakness.
- Cute but Cacophonic: Downplayed. Her speaking voice is fine when she's calm; however, she has a rather loud scream, and her sobbing can be grating.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Especially when she's around a guy she likes.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Temporarily in one episode after wearing a special type of makeup.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Tricia usually refers to Caitlin as "Lemonhead" because of her job at the Big Squeeze.
- Hair Decorations: Her pink butterfly clip.
- Girls Love Chocolate: She even once got fat working at a chocolate store.
- Fallen Princess: She was just as snooty and stuck up as her "friend" Tricia, until her parents cut her off and made her get a job. Without her money, her so called friends ditched her. Plus that lemon hat, she eventually becomes more of a Spoiled Sweet when she makes some real friends.
- Feigning Intelligence: She does this whenever she tries to get the attention of a smart, but cute, boy.
- Former Friend of Alpha Bitch: To Tricia. After Caitlin's parents take away her credit cards, Tricia promptly dropped Caitlin from her circle of "friends."
- Gasshole: She's not as bad as the male characters, but Caitlin's farted more times than any other girl on the show.
- Genki Girl: Think of a non-magical Usagi Tsukino.
- Genius Ditz
- Girly Girl: She enjoys shopping, talking about boys and enjoys accessorizing. Not to mention she wears dresses that are mainly girly.
- Green Eyes
- She will often dump a guy for something relatively minor but often fears that she will be dumped for her own minor flaws. In "Going Underground", she dumped Talon for being a terrible kisser; however, she feared that he would break up with her for injuring him repeatedly, albeit unintentionally.
- In "Pillow Talk", Caitlin has no problem revealing embarrassing secrets about her friends to her boyfriend but refuses to divulge on her most embarrassing story.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Caitlin looks almost exactly like Brooke D'Orsay, but with a much shorter hairstyle
- In Love with Love
- Meganekko: Fakes this in "Smarten Up" (to make her seem smarter to a college guy) and "Love at Worst Sight" (because of Jonesy's scam to earn extra commission).
- Minor Flaw, Major Breakup: As previously mentioned, Caitlin has a tendency of dumping guys for incredibly shallow reasons. Another example would be in one episode where she dumped a guy simply because he had a bunch of pimples all over his back.
- Muscles Are Meaningless/Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Lampshaded twice in the third season—the first time was by Nikki ("For a size zero, she can drag a heavy load") and the second time was by Wyatt ("You're freakishly strong for someone so small").
- Panty Shot: She intentionally hikes part of her skirt, exposing her panties, to get Jen to react and lose a bet in "One Quiet Day".
- Pink Means Feminine: Many of her outfits and accessories are pink.
- Serial Romeo: Female version. She seems to have some sort of inability to keep a boyfriend for more than one week. The others very often lampshade it.Nikki: (About Caitlin's latest boyfriend) He was her twelfth "The One".
- Shipper on Deck: For Darth/Julie in "Welcome to the Darth Side."
- Sixth Ranger: Joins the well-established group, making it officially six teens.
- Spoiled Sweet: Occasionally slips into Spoiled Brat mode in later episodes.
- Squee!: Usually, her squeeing is more tolerable than the Clones.
- Stalker with a Crush: Sometimes crosses into this.
- Sweet Tooth: Chocolate is one of her many weaknesses.
- Town Girls: The Femme to Jen's Neither and Nikki's Butch.
- True Blue Femininity: Her skirt and eyeshadow are both bright blue.
- Tsundere: Type B. She becomes a serious tsun whenever she has PMS.
- Valley Girl
- Yandere: Though unintentional, her actions towards certain boys can sometimes be interpreted as such.
- Your Makeup Is Running: Anytime she cries.
Relationship Status: Married with a son.
Job: Owner of the "Penalty Box".
Interests: Football, sports in general
Favorite Quotations: "MASTERSON!"
Voiced by: Jamie WatsonCoach Halder is the owner of the "Penalty Box," a sporting goods store, and Jen's boss throughout the series. He is a tall muscular, retired football player. Much like Ron and Wayne, Coach Halder despises Jonesy, due to his constant messing around in his store. He runs the store with extremely strict rules, such as the usage of the literal "penalty box," an Ice Hockey penalty box in the store to which he sends his employees (and sometimes his customers) for a time out when they make an infraction in his store, depending on his rules.However, Halder is shown to love pranks and Halloween, and at several points his behavior is considered to be obnoxious by both his employees and others, including customers (he actually scared a couple of his customers so badly that the mall paramedics were called in twice). Even though Jen's his hardest working employee, Coach Halder's usually the strictest with her—he constantly sends her to the penalty box for ridiculous reasons such as displaying affection or love during work hours. However, at the same time, he does have a lot of respect for her, partially due to Jen being his first (and currently only) employee to not quit after their first year of working for him.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty:
- Mean Boss: Subverted—while Coach Halder can be abrasive towards Jen, he has shown that he can be lenient as well.
- Hypocrite: In the pilot episode, Coach Halder briefly considers not hiring Jen when he witnesses her chewing out Caitlin, even though that's how he generally treats his own employees (and sometimes his customers).
- Jerk Jock with a Heart of Gold
- Large Ham
- Real Men Wear Pink: In "Insert Name Here," Jude and the rest of the gang discover that he's a closet figure skater. Coach Halder even admits that he wanted to go pro, but his dad wouldn't let him.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: For such a gruff manly-man, he has a rather high-pitched scream.
Ron The Rent-A-Cop
RON THE RENT-A-COP
Relationship Status: N/A
Jobs: Mall's security cop.
Favorite Quotations: "I'm watching you...MAGGOTS."
Voiced by: Jamie WatsonRon is the mall's security cop, whose appearance and mannerisms bear a striking similarity to Christopher Walken. He is one of the show's possible antagonists, being a major enemy to Jonesy and Jude, since he constantly tries to thwart their pranks and scams. Ron rules the mall with an iron fist by punishing teens hanging out or working in it for the most ridiculous actions. Despite his age and experience, Ron, ironically, doesn't know what a Fascist is. Ron has a severe hatred for teenagers, especially for the gang, considering them the "biggest threat to mall security in all history of threats to mall security". He hires Kai, then he fires him on "The New Guy." He is a Vietnam War Veteran (which brings his nationality into question, as Canada was not involved in that conflict) and is seen to have several sudden flashbacks of his days in the war in the least expected moments, something which has become a running gag throughout the series. He has codenames for each member of the gang: Caitlin being "Cupcake", Nikki being "Nose Ring", Wyatt being "Coffee Pot", Jen being "Gym Sock", Jude being "Hang Ten" and Jonesy being "Maverick". In turn, he is known by most people, notably the 6 main stars, as "Ron the Rent-a-Cop". Taking this all into consideration, he apparently suffers from posttraumatic stress disorder. However, despite his hatred for teens, Ron seems to share a bond or sort of friendship with Jude, since at one point during the show, both of them got hooked on a soap opera that they would watch together in Ron's office. Ironically enough, Jonesy, Jude and Wyatt discover in the episode "Life Slaver" that Ron used to be a rebellious troublemaker/prankster in the mall during the 70's.
- Almighty Janitor
- The Comically Serious
- Former Teen Rebel: The guys find old security footage of a young Ron acting exactly like Jonesy.
- Good All Along: Prior to "Dude of the Living Dead" he was one of the antagonists, but ever since the episode (despite it being a dream), he got cemented into a much more prominent, respected, protagonistic role. Especially with Jude where they are shown bonding over a soap opera (makes sense considering it was his dream).Jonesey: "I've never been so glad to see the Mall Cop."
- Good Is Not Nice
- G-Rated Drug: Chocolate-covered jellybeans in "Welcome to the Darth Side". He even gains a 5 o'clock shadow because of his addiction to the candy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He has his moments.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He is part Christopher Walken and part Clint Eastwood.
- The Stoic
Relationship Status: N/A
Jobs: Manager (and later owner) of "Underground Video".
Interests: Movies, Cinema, and Film.
Favorite Quotations: "This movie meant more to me than your life."
Voiced by: Adam ReidWayne is the manager (and later owner) of "Underground Video", a video rental store which specializes in independent films. First introduced in episode "Going Underground", Wayne is a sarcastic, cynical, sardonic, and pessimistic know-it-all who only befriends people whom he considers have knowledge of cinematography close to or equal to his own. Because of these standards, out of the gang, Wayne really only befriends Jude. Wayne hates Jonesy and everything that Jonesy likes (therefore capable of becoming a superhero), especially the film "Top M16" (a play on Top Gun). Jude and Wyatt found themselves working for Wayne in the episode "Going Underground" after Wyatt was fired from "Spin This", while Jude's stand "Stick-It" was closed by the health inspector (see above for more information). Despite being short and overweight, Wayne is shown to be somewhat physically strong, since in episode "Dirty Work" he beats up Jonesy for stealing his fries, and in "Career Day", he dunks Wyatt and Jude in the pet store aquarium for ruining his "The 77th Samurai" limited edition tape. He is constantly heard listening to The Clash on his headphones. After years of watching movies, Wayne has gained the ability to somehow know which movie a person should see.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Disproportionate Retribution: Fires Wyatt over accidentally spilling coffee on a limited edition tape.
- Before that, he fires Jonesy minutes after hiring him simply for liking the movie, "Top M16s", a movie Wayne adamantly hates for some reason.
- Expy: He is one of Barry from the film adaptation of High Fidelity almost to the point of Captain Ersatz. However, Wayne's a film snob whereas Barry was a music snob.
- Fat Bastard
- The Grinch: Does not like Christmas and thinks that all Christmas movies suck. He changes after a visit from the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: See Expy above.
- Surrounded by Idiots: How he views the gang (mainly the guys) and the others they hang out with.
AKA Chrissy, Kirsten and Kristen
Relationship Status: N/A
Jobs: Chrissy is an Assistant Manager at the Khaki Barn, Kirsten and Kristen are sales associates.
Interests: Keeping up the latest trends.
Favorite Quotations: "Welcome to the Khaki Barn", "Have a Khaki day!", "EEEEEHHHH!"
Voiced by: Emilie Claire Barlow (Chrissy), Stephanie Mills (Kirsten), Lauren Lipson (Kristen)The Clones are coworkers of Nikki Wong at the Khaki Barn clothing store, where Chrissy is an assistant manager while Kirsten and Kristen are sales associates. Nikki nicknamed the three girls The Clones because, except for their hairstyles and eye colors, all three look, sound and act alike, fit right into the teenybopper stereotype (including not acting very smart, religiously following the latest teen trends and fads and frequently chatting about them mindlessly to Nikki's annoyance) and believe that individualism is overrated and conformity is the way to go for them and everyone else, making them the direct opposites of Nikki. Kirsten and Kristen are normally bossed around and told everything to do by Chrissy to the point that when Chrissy is away and can't boss them around, they seek Nikki as their new role model/leader. As a reflection of their gabby and gossipy natures, all three Clones are also physically depicted with big, wide mouths and comparatively thinner jaws than other characters on the show.The Clones do not like Nikki very much and are often intimidated by her (and sometimes even scared of her), and Nikki thinks very little of The Clones' personalities and does all she can not to fit the Khaki Barn's mold (although Chrissy nearly succeeded once in turning Nikki into a Clone in "Employee of the Month" by using reverse psychology), but The Clones do not seem to mind having Nikki around at work because her lack of motivation to make sales means more for them.
- Bad Boss: Played with by Chrissy. She justifies it towards Nikki, but zig-zags it towards Kirsten and Kristen.
- Catch Phrase: "Welcome to the Khaki Barn! Have a Khaki day!"
- Closet Geek: Chrissy is a Star Wars fan. Her friends had no idea until Jonesy let it slip.
- Cute but Cacophonic: Whenever they Squee!, Nikki in particular is annoyed by it.
- Dumb Blondes: Chrissy is the smartest of the three, although that's not saying much.
- Expies: Of the Bimbettes.
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny: In one episode, they all wear identical gold dresses.
- Leitmotif: The music that plays during scenes in the Khaki Barn.
- Older Than They Look: According to "Employee of the Month", Chrissy is two years older than Nikki, yet they both look the same age.
- Squee!: Their single worst annoying trait; something trendy excites them and they let out a shrill squeal. Not helped in that it's often a group squee.
- Theme Twin Naming: Kirsten and Kristen.
- Those Two Guys: Kirsten and Kristen; Chrissy is more independent.
- True Blue Femininity
Relationship Status: N/A
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Darren FrostDarth is that freaky nerd that appears in every high school who knows waaaay too much about The Force and owns The Jedi's Guide to Life.Darth works at The Stereo Shack and carries a light saber to the job with him. He may well be the next aerospace engineer at NASA, but as far as his career as a teen goes, he's an utter social disaster.For a long time, Darth had a hopeless crush on Nikki...but would pretty much date just about any girl who asked. Darth also had a deep-seated hatred for Jonesy, who used to bully him when they were in middle school.These days, Darth is dating Julie the "Taco Girl," his soul mate. He is known to help out the 6 teens in an emergency, and is known as the guy the gang goes to when they need some techno chaos (like having Darth set off all the alarms in the mall).
- Badass Bookworm: At times. He manages to beat Jonesy on the wrestling mat in "Wrestlemania".
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He may look like a bespectacled dweeb who speaks with a lisp, but do not be fooled. This little nerd is a true master of the lightsaber, and he easily kicked Jonesey's ass.
- Freaky Is Cool: He really enjoyed the Zombie Apocalypse in "Dude of the Living Dead" and said he had been waiting for the day ever since he was a padawan.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In "Dude of the Living Dead", where he stays behind to allow his friends to escape, although it was just a dream.Darth: "Go on without me. I'll be okay."Jude: "You are one brave dude."
- Hollywood Nerd
- Nerd Glasses
- Shout-Out: A Star Wars fanboy.
- Techno Wizard
Relationship Status: Has dated Jude in the past.
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Emily HampshireStarr was once the laid back employee of "Vegan Island", a dedicated vegan who loved extreme sports, relaxing, and yoga.Jude and Starr met after Jude's difficult break-up with a computerized armchair, but didn't have a first formal date until Jude and Starr discovered they both enjoyed watching fountain diving. After a disastrous first date (Jude threw up in Starr's mouth), it took months for Starr to forgive him (and even longer for Jude to work up the courage to ask her out again).Starr transformed into a goth in the episode "Lights Out" and while Jude tried to change with her, ultimately Starr (who decided she wanted to be called Nebula) broke up with Jude because she wanted to go her own way. Later on, in the episode, "On Your Mark, Get Set... Date", Starr adopted a nerd persona.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Has some meaningful stigma against wearing shoes unless she really has to. Though she does wear sandals. Except when she's doing yoga, then she'll go barefoot...and use her unclad feet to manage orders.
- Upon donning her goth identity, she dispenses with her shoe aversion.
- Goth: As Nebula.
- Granola Girl
- Handy Feet: Prefered to use her feet and toes to handle transactions while doing yoga at her workplace whenever doing poses that restricted the use of her hands. Except it was a health code no-no and she was too oblivious to notice it disgustsed the customers.
- Insufferable Genius: What she becomes after adopting a nerd persona. She and Jude tried pursuing a relationship again, but Starr ultimately dumped due to feeling that he's not "intelligent enough" for her.
- Love Hurts: Her eventual Star-Crossed Lovers relationship with Jude.
- Nerd: In "On Your Mark, Get Set.. Date".
- Rollerblade Good
Relationship Status: N/A
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Jennifer RobertsonTricia is your typical high school "popular" girl. She has all the finest clothes, dates all the "popular" guys, and would NEVER be caught dead working in the mall! Or any kind of job for that matter.Tricia was once best friends with Caitlin...until Caitlin's parents took Caitlin's credit cards away. When Caitlin was forced to get a job, Tricia decided she wanted nothing to do with Caitlin and abandoned their friendship on a whim. Tricia now spends her time shopping with her "new" friends and taking every opportunity to humiliate Caitlin and our gang of 6 (who she also considers too unpopular to be worth her time) at the lemon.
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore: She hijacks Caitlin's Chill TV Sweet Sixteen party in "Sweet 6teen".
- Big Bad: Almost every episode she appears in has her trying to ruin or sabotage the 6teen gang
- Crocodile Tears: She uses them to con Jonesy in "Spring Fling".
- Expy: Of Megara from Hercules.
- Girl Posse: With Gwen and Mandy.
- Gold Digger: She's only interested in people with money.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple
- The Psycho Rangers: She leads another six teen clique. They took over the gang's regular table in an episode.
- Rich Bitch
- Smug Snake
Relationship Status: Dated Wyatt in the past, now is going out with Chad.
Jobs: Manager at Spin This!
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Novie EdwardsSerena is a high school senior at the same school as the rest of the gang. She manages "Spin This!" a music store at the mall.While Wyatt was working at the same music store, he had a serious crush on Serena. She wasn't interested in him though, because he wasn't "mature" enough for her. Eventually Wyatt convinced Serena to go out with him, and things went well for a while, until...Serena dumped Wyatt, in a text message! She decided Wyatt was TOO serious about the relationship, and didn't have the guts to tell him face to face. She got back together with her ex-boyfriend, Chad, one of her co-workers at the music store, and Wyatt had a VERY tough time getting over her.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Breaks up with Wyatt via text message. She also tries to sabotage two of his following relationships, despite the fact that she was the one who dumped Wyatt in the first place.
- Hypocrite: Serena broke up with Wyatt because she felt he wasn't "mature enough" for her, but this is coming from a girl who dumped him a text message and got together with Chad who, ironically, is arguably less mature than Wyatt is (and who she eventually breaks up with again). And after Wyatt finally gets over his feelings for Serena, she tries sabotaging two of his following relationships, even though she was the one who dumped him in the first place:
- 1.) In "Love at Worst Sight," Serena becomes jealous of Wyatt's relationship with his then-girlfriend, Marlowe (who had gotten a job at Spin This). Serena goes behind Marlowe's back to tell Wyatt (through a note) that she still has feelings for him—and this was while Serena was still technically dating Chad.
- 2.) In "Kylie Smylie," Serena and Chad break up again (for good this time—at least according to Serena), and after Serena notices Wyatt and the episode's title character (a world famous popstar) develop a budding romantic relationship, she gets jealous and later tries convincing Wyatt to give her another chance. But, much to Serena's shock, Wyatt refuses and admits that he's moved on and tells Serena to do the same.
- Sassy Black Woman: But not in a good way.
Relationship Status: N/A
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Sunday MuseMarlowe is a member of Wyatt's band, and he had a huge crush on her. It took Wyatt a very long time to work up the courage to ask her out, and eventually wrote a song (which she accidently heard) that brought the two of them together.Marlowe has a great deal of patience, and is very accepting and supportive of Wyatt's crazy adventures with the rest of the gang (like the time the guys had a "man off" to see who smelled the best after a week without washing any part of their bodies).Even when Wyatt got the whole band in trouble by signing a contract with Burger McFlipsters corporate office, Marlowe still supported him, staying with him when the band wanted him gone.
- Amicable Exes/Better as Friends: She and Wyatt were getting on each other's nerves after they started spending way too much time together. In the end, they mutually decide to break up and figure that they're probably better off as Just Friends—or as Marlowe puts it, "the best of exes."
- Birds of a Feather: With Wyatt.
Relationship Status: Not known but has a son.
Favorite Quotations: N/A
AKA Taco Girl
Relationship Status: Dating Darth
Jobs: Works at Wonder Taco
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Stacey DePassJulie works at Wonder Taco in the mall can most often be seen wearing a giant hard shell taco hat on her head. Julie has no patience for rude customers, and will happily spit in anyone's food if they bug her on the job.Julie has the bad luck of having a giant retainer on at all times, making it hard to see when she's happy, as the whole rig keeps her mouth forced open all the time.Julie has had a secret crush on Darth for a very long time, but she finally managed to get Darth to notice her, and the two of them have been fairly happy together ever since.Julie is able to convince Darth to help out our gang of teens, as she's more sympathetic to their problems than Darth is.
Relationship Status: None
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Krista SuttonJen's older sister Courtney has always been the more glamorous and popular one.Courtney's a pro shopper, a top basketball player and loved by everyone (especically Jude, Wyatt, and Jonesy) except her younger sister Jen, who's very jealous and angry at her big sis.Courtney also has a way of getting our gang into trouble. Aside from telling embarrassing stories about Jen, she convinced the gang to get fake IDs and sneak into a nightclub in the mall. It wasn't until Courtney left the gang hanging that they realized they're already the cooler sister's (meaning Jen's) attention.But when Jen forces Courtney into helping her bail the gang the out of mall-jail, Courtney finally reveals that she's not home just because it's spring break—in fact, she's home mainly because she got kicked out of school (presumably due to flunking her classes). Courtney also admits that she's always been secretly jealous of Jen, for a few reasons: Jen works really hard, she has really good friends, and (contrary to what Jen always thought) is the one that their parents are actually proud of.Recently, Courtney and Jen have banded together to defend themselves from their new stepbrothers, and they are much closer as sisters and friends.
- Big Sister Bully: The first three-quarters of "It's Always Courtney, Courtney, Courtney!"
- Cool Big Sis: To everyone but Jen—at least until they start seeing Courtney for the person she really is.
- Easily Forgiven: Once Courtney admitted that she's always been secretly jealous of Jen and explains that Jen's the one they're parents are actually proud of instead of Courtney, Jen seemed rather quick to forgive her sister.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: What she ultimately is—deep down, Courtney really does care about her sister, their stepbrothers (although she gets along better with Jonesy than she does with Diego or Robbie) and later, their baby half-sister, Emma Jr.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Despite being the oldest, and as Courtney herself has pointed out a couple of times, Jen's always been a lot more mature and responsible compared to her sister and their stepbrothers.
- Trickster Archetype
- The Unfavorite: How Jen initially saw herself compared to her sister, but Courtney reveals that Jen's the true favorite of their family. She even says that their parents want her to be more mature and responsible like Jen is.
- Wham Line/The Reveal:Courtney: Yeah, well, that's all going to change! (looks down sadly)Jen: What do you mean?Courtney: I'm not home because it's spring break, Jen. I'm home because they kicked me out of school.
Relationship Status: None but she has dated Jonesy in the past.
Favorite Quotations: N/A
Voiced by: Katie GriffinLydia is simply crazy. At one time she dated Jonesy, but she was so very VERY clingy that she terrified him and his friends.Lydia once brought Jonesy an anatomically correct model of her heart to show him how much she loved him (it was very gross), but she couldn't make him a model of her soul (because souls are invisible).When Jonesy broke up with her, she still followed him around "just because we aren't dating anymore doesn't mean we can't go out, right?"More recently, Lydia has become even more crazy (if that's even possible), chasing after Wyatt, confusing Wyatt with Wayne, and giving out model roosters to the ones she loves. The gang sometimes calls her the "Crazy Chicken Lady". Oh, and she still isn't quite over Jonesy yet.Lydia has some scary eye twitches when she is confused, and pretty much everyone knows to run when she comes near.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Jonesy mentions that she's hot but way too clingy.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She somehow confuses Jude (who is white) for Wyatt (who is black) and calls the two identical twin siblings no less. When Wayne shows up, she thinks they are identical triplets.
- Cute and Psycho: She's attractive, has a fairly high pitched voice, and is crazy as all gets out.
- Determinator: In terms of trying to renew her relationship with Jonesy.
- Expy: Of Stacy from Wayne's World.
- Fiery Redhead
- In Love with Love
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: She was crazy before Jonesy broke up with her.
- Stalker with a Crush
- Stalking Is Love
- Twitchy Eye