Characters: Lollipop Chainsaw
A page for the characters from Suda 51
's Lollipop Chainsaw
open/close all folders
Our protagonist, a cheerleader from San Romero High School who doubles as a professional zombie hunter. In the process, she embodies everything fun
about The Ditz
and The Tease
. Juliet wakes up on her 18th birthday to find her school overrun with zombies. With her chainsaw, the support of her zombie-hunting family, and the still-living severed head of her boyfriend Nick, she sets out to stop the zombie apocalypse from totally ruining her birthday.
- Action Girl
- A Love to Dismember: With Nick's head, the twist being that he's still alive.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Right before slicing Nick's head off, and again before his Heroic Sacrifice to defeat Killabilly.
- Badass: That chainsaw isn't just for show.
- Badass Adorable: Isn't she just the most adorable zombie-slaying Badass ever?
- Bare Your Midriff
- BFG: "Chainsaw Blaster!"
- Blood Knight: Sure she's a good person, but damn does she like killing things. Killing zombies give her 'total wood' and she thinks it's fun to kill her ex-friends now that they're permanently zombies. She's also killed plenty of non-zombie supernatural creatures including sasquatches, leprechauns and frankenberries. That bit of cheerful bloodthirstiness tends to run in all the Starling sisters.
- Buffy Speak: "Wow. Dumbest, most explodiest birthday cake ever!" Rather fitting, considering the many similarities between Juliet and Buffy. Career-wise, that is.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Her inane babbling in no way diminishes her zombie hunting prowess.
- Calling Your Attacks: "Chainsaw Blaster!" "Chainsaw Dash!"
- Cameo: Makes one in Killer is Dead; in Episode 51, a DLC chapter, if the player breaks open a barrel on a ledge that's shaking, Juliet leaps out and jumps away to the sound made in her own game when she uses her Big Jump move.
- Chainsaw Good
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Dance Battler: She employs her cheerleading skills in her zombie massacres.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Justified, more or less, since she's fighting in a cheerleader outfit.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Ditz
- Genius Ditz: She's knowledgeable in all things zombie-related and is an accomplished necromancer, and is highly adaptable to extreme environmentsnote . She's also, well, a ditz.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She has a favorite stuffed toy rabbit, which she is seen cuddling in the intro. One of her extra costumes is modeled after the same rabbit.
- Goofy Print Underwear: She tells Nick that she is wearing her special zombie-hunting underwear, which, according to her training, is cotton panties with teddy bears or hearts on them.
- Hidden Depths: She may think it's totally cool that she has a severed head for a boyfriend, but if her Dream Sequence at the start of Stage 3 is to be believed, she fears that he'd rather become a zombie than continue living as just a head.
- The Hunter: Naturally.
- Innocently Insensitive: Towards Nick. She's happy that he's not dead and is quick to proclaim her love for him, but never gets it through to her head that he has plenty of good reasons to feel pretty miserable. Towards Swan before she started going out with Nick. She hardly even remembers doing anything bad to Swan that prompted him to start the Zombie Apocalypse. It is even suggested that they had never spoken to each other.
- Jiggle Physics
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Nick didn't start off brooding and depressed, but once he became a head, life lost a lot of zing for him. That's when Juliet reveals she's actually a zombie-hunter and starts showing what she's truly like. Then her perkiness goes into overdrive to the point where at late Stage 5 or 6, he says he's finding it hard to stay miserable hanging around her.
- Martial Arts and Crafts: Juliet utilizes her cheerleading chops as a branching series of quick, light, set-up combos.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Mini Dress Of Power: She usually fights in her cheerleader uniform.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Killing all five Dark Purveyors only ended up completing Swan's ritual and summoning Killabilly.
- Nightmare Fetishist
- One Woman Army
- Plucky Girl
- The Pollyanna: Manages to wear a smile even when slaughtering zombies.
- She-Fu: All the time. Justified by her being a cheerleader.
- Spoiled Sweet
- Stripperific: Her normal and alternate cheerleader outfits are pretty skimpy. Then there is the time you can have Juliet tear through the walking undead wearing naught but a bikini, one of them a seashell bikini.
- Sweet Tooth: For lollipops, which also restore her health.
- Swiss Army Weapon: It's a chainsaw! It's a cell phone! It's a grenade launcher, self-propelled rocket engine, or pair of pom-poms!
- The Tease: Either because of or resulting in the Third-Person Seductress.
- The Tee Totaler: Doesn't do drugs (space cake or otherwise), never watched porn and is very good at keeping boys out of her body.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Lollipops.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Can use wrestling moves like takedowns, hurricanranas, and the drop kick.
- Zettai Ryouki: Juliet's got to be rocking at least a type A between the miniskirt and leggings.
Juliet's boyfriend. 18 years old. After he gets bitten by a zombie, Juliet decapitates him in a desperate attempt to keep him from turning. His still-living head is kept on Juliet's person to give her emotional support whenever he's not lamenting his current situation. He can also take control of headless zombies for a short while thanks to Juliet's magic.
Starling Family and Friends
Voiced by: Mayumi Asano (JP), Linda Cardellini (EN)
Juliet's big sister. 20 years old. A real crack shot with a sniper rifle. When she's not hunting zombies, she's a professional assassin, although Juliet thinks she's being scouted by universities.
Voiced by: Mariya Ise (JP), Kimberly Brooks (EN)
Juliet's little sister. 16 years old. Obsessed with driving vehicles of every sort, but lacks the expertise.
Gideon Starling, a.k.a. "Dad"
Voiced by: Joji Nakata (JP), Gregg Henry (EN)
Juliet's dad and head of the zombie-hunting family business. 44 years old.
Elizabeth Starling, a.k.a. "Mom"
Juliet's mom. She refers to herself as the mother of the "infamous Starling sisters".
- Happily Married
- The Voice: Aside from a few photos in the opening sequence and the post-credits scene, you pretty much only ever hear her voice throughout the game.
- Weirdness Censor: She is completely unaware of her family's duties as zombie hunters.
Junji Morikawa a.k.a. "Sensei"
Voiced by: Bin Shimada (JP), Bruce Locke (EN)
Juliet's sensei in the art of zombie-slaying.
The main antagonist. 18 years old. A goth student from San Romero High School who opens a portal to the Rotten World and infests Earth with zombies to get even with the people who made his life a living hell.
- A God Am I: Part of his ritual involves him declaring himself the god of the realm of Earth to the Dark Purveyors.
- Big Bad
- Dark Is Evil
- Deadpan Snarker
- Deal with the Devil: With the Dark Purveyors.
- Disproportionate Retribution: He starts a Zombie Apocalypse because he was bullied in high school and rejected by Juliet in his eyes. It is strongly hinted that he had never even spoken to her prior to his ritual.
- Emo Teen: He even practices making broody faces in the mirror, as stated on his title card.
- Evil Is Not a Toy... Which is NOT how he dies, surprisingly, despite the Dark Purveyors thinking he's a punk.
- Evil Laugh
- Evil Plan
- Evil Is Petty: Seriously.
- Freudian Excuse: See Disproportionate Retribution.
- Kansas City Shuffle: While he was counting on Juliet to kill the Purveyors to complete his plan, it really didn't matter in the long run what happened as long as Juliet and his schoolmates suffered.
- Loners Are Freaks
- Loves the Sound of Screaming: "Your eternal screams of horror will be my pop music!"
- Mad Bomber
- Meaningful Name: Since the ritual culminates in his suicide, his entire plan could be considered his "swan song," especially when you consider all the musical references of the Dark Purveyors.
- Misanthrope Supreme
- Not Good with Rejection: He triggered a Zombie Apocalypse because he took Juliet dating Nick as rejection.
- Self-Serving Memory: Given that he thinks Juliet rejected him. The flashbacks are mostly him watching Juliet from afar and not even talking to her.
- Stalker with a Crush: Was this for Juliet. When he thought she rejected him by dating Nick, he snapped and enacted his revenge on her and the rest of humanity.
- Sweet Tooth: For Pez.
- Take That: A guy named Swan in a zombie game... huh.
- Tragic Villain: The reason behind the Zombie Apocalypse was because he was bullied in high school and the girl he had a crush on, a.k.a. Juliet, started dating Nick.
- Who's Laughing Now?
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
- Xanatos Gambit: His ritual is guaranteed to be complete one way or another.
A group of five powerful zombie rock lords summoned by Swan from the Rotten World to spread the Zombie Apocalypse
across San Romero.
- Evil Laugh
- Half the Man He Used to Be
- Losing Your Head
- Musical Assassin/The Power of Rock: There's a reason they've been called "zombie rock lords" before the game was released.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: Whenever one is killed, they say, "Meus Vita, Rege, pro nefario coepto!" This means, "My life, O King, for your evil plan!", foreshadowing that they are dying willingly.
- Our Zombies Are Different
- Quirky Miniboss Squad
- Who Needs Their Whole Body?: They keep fighting even after Juliet saws them to pieces. However, they can only take so much before they die.
- Undying Loyalty: To Swan. They're even perfectly willing to die for the sake of his goals.
- Younger Than They Look: They may be zombie demi-gods, but rather than being centuries old, they're all only 18 even if most of them look like they're in their thirties.
The punk rock zombie.
Voiced by: Jurota Kosugi (JP), James Onoda (JP - singing), Michael Rooker (EN)
The viking metal zombie.
Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe (JP), Shawnee Smith (EN)
The psychedelic zombie.
Voiced by: Hajime Iijima (JP), ROLLY (JP - singing), Dave Fennoy (EN)
The funk zombie.
The rock and roll zombie.
The Zombie of Zombies, summoned by Swan after the five Dark Purveyors are sacrificed.